No announcement yet.

Can I still go to heaven? Dissociative Identity Disorder and Faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: Can I still go to heaven? Dissociative Identity Disorder and Faith

Hello friends

My name is Ava, and I am a member of what's known as a Dissociative Identity Disorder system. This means I am one of multiple people, known as alters, who exist within this body. This can only occur when a child experiences ongoing and extreme trauma, and the brain fragments into separate identities, with separate memories and attributes, as a protective measure. We can each control the body at various times. We have different names, genders, sexualities, interests, glasses prescriptions, reactions to medications, dominant hands, allergies, and beliefs. Obviously we aren't literally different people, we are manifestations of the needs of one brain, but to us it feels like we are different people, so I refer to us as such.

I am what's known as an emotional protector and a caretaker. I look after the wellbeing of the other alters, I take care of the body when the host (the one who fronts the most) is unable to, I look after any alters who are struggling, I act as a parent to child alters and I front to calm the system down in situations of high stress or when the others are struggling with trauma. I personally do not hold any trauma memories.

I am not the "main" alter. If an original exists I am not it. I in fact did not exist as an alter until fairly recently in comparison to the rest of the system (once the brain has learned to split in childhood, it can continue to do so even into adulthood in response to new traumas). I am, however, the only currently active alter who is Christian. The rest range from disinterest to active dislike of Christianity, especially as some hold memories of trauma perpetuated by religious institutions or by people wielding religion as a weapon. I do not know what occurred, but I am told it was bad enough that simply being in a church or being ministered to will trigger flashbacks.

My question is this: what happens when we die? Do we all go to hell, because the others reject God? Do we all go to heaven, pulled there by my faith? Might we have separate souls, and each go to heaven or hell accordingly?

Note: I am happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to DID or our system.

Note 2: I am not looking for medical advice, so please do not try to tell me how to "cure" DID. Full integration is not an option for us and is generally considered unsafe. Any comments referring to us as demons will be ignored. Converting the others is not really an option here, when I try it triggers flashbacks.

Thank you and God bless you for any perspectives you can give

Originally posted by Purplewavyline View Post
    Hello friends

My name is Ava, and I am a member of what's known as a Dissociative Identity Disorder system. This means I am one of multiple people, known as alters, who exist within this body. This can only occur when a child experiences ongoing and extreme trauma, and the brain fragments into separate identities, with separate memories and attributes, as a protective measure. We can each control the body at various times. We have different names, genders, sexualities, interests, glasses prescriptions, reactions to medications, dominant hands, allergies, and beliefs. Obviously we aren't literally different people, we are manifestations of the needs of one brain, but to us it feels like we are different people, so I refer to us as such.

I am what's known as an emotional protector and a caretaker. I look after the wellbeing of the other alters, I take care of the body when the host (the one who fronts the most) is unable to, I look after any alters who are struggling, I act as a parent to child alters and I front to calm the system down in situations of high stress or when the others are struggling with trauma. I personally do not hold any trauma memories.

I am not the "main" alter. If an original exists I am not it. I in fact did not exist as an alter until fairly recently in comparison to the rest of the system (once the brain has learned to split in childhood, it can continue to do so even into adulthood in response to new traumas). I am, however, the only currently active alter who is Christian. The rest range from disinterest to active dislike of Christianity, especially as some hold memories of trauma perpetuated by religious institutions or by people wielding religion as a weapon. I do not know what occurred, but I am told it was bad enough that simply being in a church or being ministered to will trigger flashbacks.

My question is this: what happens when we die? Do we all go to hell, because the others reject God? Do we all go to heaven, pulled there by my faith? Might we have separate souls, and each go to heaven or hell accordingly?

Note: I am happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to DID or our system.

Note 2: I am not looking for medical advice, so please do not try to tell me how to "cure" DID. Full integration is not an option for us and is generally considered unsafe. Any comments referring to us as demons will be ignored. Converting the others is not really an option here, when I try it triggers flashbacks.

I have some familiarity with something that may be similar, and I do understand your distrust of those who come back with the typical suggestion that you are "demon possessed," etc. And I agree, immediate cures are not always possible in God's Kingdom if for no other reason that God subjects us as victims to those who have made decisions before us and around us that have impacted us. We ourselves may even have made terrible decisions that result in life-long struggles.

To answer your question, if you, as an aspect of your being, have spiritual convictions that are truly Christ-revealed, then you are safe. Other personalities that rebel against Christianity would only be manifestations of your carnal aversions to Christian spirituality. We all have that complex within us, wanting to war against the ways of the Spirit.

But don't think that just because another personality may seem to be "in charge" that you are somehow immune from God's judgment. He holds you responsible as a holistic person, and not separately as multiple personalities. It's just that He may have more grace towards those personalities that are weakest than those that are strongest, in the Christian sense. My prayers are with you!

Comment

Hello friends

We serve a mighty God. Please know that our God is stronger than any of your fears. God has never forsaken any of his children and he never will. The only thing that can send any of us to hell is our unbelief. There are many adults that will never even come to spiritual accountability due to certain sicknesses or mental impairments.

But as to your ability, you must put all of your focus on God. By your questioning the things that seem impossible to you, are negating the power and ability of God do deliver. God wants you to put all your cares and all your concerns upon him. Please allow him to determine the solution to the things that you have no control over.

But regarding your questions, as divided as you are, you are one being, having one spirit, one soul and one body.

Just remember, he that is in you is stronger than he that is in the world. God will give you strength to bind the strong man of the house. This is the great God that we serve. Put all your focus on your relationship with Jesus.

Mark 3
      24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
      25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
      26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
      27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Comment

HI Ava,

As I've had to deal with my own childhood traumas, I've come to this conclusion. Rebirth in Christ is fully independant of the corruptions of my flesh. Yeah, damage was done. Just the same, in Christ, a new person is created, and this new person is the real new you. Maybe the others won't have the benefit of being new, while you being Ava may walk in faith in that new life.

The new creation in Christ, is a complete person, who lives eternally with God.

I don't see any difference theologically to anyone else who one day walks in faith, and another day is all over the map. We're all a mixed bag, I think, and we all cling to Jesus and His grace, knowing how far short we fall.

Much love!
        Mark

Comment

Hello friends

Ava,
          As pointed out there is just one body and soul. If you believe in Jesus and all he has done for you we are told we have eternal life. Do you believe this? Give Jesus your heart soul and mind and all that your are.. Jesus has already won. We need to repent and we need to forgive others and we need to love, all parts of following Jesus and his teachings.

You should be fed in the word of God. Listen to the gospels, hear Jesus talking to you...let God fill your mind with Him and you will live in perfect peace.

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

I love the dramatized audio for the gospels and I always start with the book of John.

https://www.biblegateway.com/resourc...kjv-dramatized

Pray before you even start listening that your mind and heart be opened to hear and understand. Jesus says to ask and it will be given us. Lots of times we do not ask.

I wouldn't worry about what others are doing or how they feel...you need to pursue this on your own. Our relationship with the Lord is personal. Agree with Jesus's prayer in John 17 that you are one with the Lord. He prayed that for us all.

Comment

there is no such thing as an altre except for demonic possession.

Comment

Working...
            X