moved/encouragement needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moved/encouragement needed

i am expereienceing a mental block. i am not letting myself trust the Lord, my mind is throwing all these crazy thoughts that are not pro- Jesus at me and i can't take it anymore. I don't know if some of it is me , and i don't know what some of it is, but it is really hurting. I don't want to ever lose my relationship with Jesus i feel like my mind is trying to sabatage it. I want my heart to be in it but I just need to trust him, I sure don't trust myself! Any encouraging words?

Purple facilitator hat on..encouragement needed for the OP.

Good morning dear ones! This thread has been moved from prayer requests here because the OP is asking for encouragement. Please remember to give encouragement, scriptures, etc. as well as prayer support but not to get into discussions on this section. Thanks.
    owl - facilitator.
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Sharing KLOVE's
      Encouraging Word:
      from Thursday 9/4/2008
      Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
      ~ Matthew 6:33, NLT
      Some of my personal favorite encouraging words are any Scriptures that remind us that He holds us in His Hand, His Righteous Right Hand, covers us in the Shadow of His Wing, etc.

Psa 63:7-8 Because You have been my help,
      Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
      My soul follows close behind You;
      Your right hand upholds me.

end of Isaiah 41:10:
      I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
      and
      Psalm 91:1
      He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
      Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
      Just a bit of what encourages me.

g
      "Gripped in the Hand of God"

Comment

Hey Pepsi! Since you are distinguishing between yourself and your mind as if they were two different entities, I'm led to believe you are under spiritual attack. I am making a special commitment to pray for you.

Also, I can't speak for everybody, but for me, I like to keep things as simple as possible when it concerns spiritual battle, because confusion is the devil's tool.

So I always refer to the principal mentioned by James in 4:7 "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Being as you are in forums, that tells me you are seeking Godly fellowship...very wise. Now praying for you!

Comment

I am praying for you right now that you will be encouraged in your walk with the Lord, that your relationship with Him will be strengthened by His Word and by time you spend in prayer.

SFASH has a point about the spiritual battle.

Ephesians 6:10-18 explains how we need to be equipped to go into spiritual warfare. This isn't to be taken lightly but with MUCH prayer, as clearly stated in v 18.
          Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
          In other words, PRAY, Pray some more and Pray some more.

g
          "Gripped in the Hand of God"

Comment

Working...
          X