• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages of Encouragement

Mighty to Save

Part One

Thou Hast Known

~What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee~

What beautiful treasure can be found hidden deep in Scripture. More precious than the most brilliant diamond will be the glorious truths the seeking soul will find. For here in Isaiah we find an account of our all sufficient God ~ Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? This that is glorious in his apparel, traveling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save~

Three wonderful words that can give courage to the faintest of heart. Our God is mighty to save!

This begins a short series on how our God knows about our aloneness, our broken hearts, our fears and our uncertainties. It is an attempt to give us courage and hope, we who have suffered from the heartbreak of abuse or divorce, abandonment or loss. It is an attempt to help us believe that God not only knows about our sufferings but He identifies with us and wants to bring healing to us and bind up our broken hearts.

It seems the older I get, the more sorrowful life becomes, however, at the same time, this sorrow can drive me deep into the arms of the Lover of my soul if I allow it to. The statistics are high for abuse or divorce and all of us will lose a loved one sometime. But within each statistic is a shattered heart that only a loving Savior can bind up; a wounded spirit that only the Spirit of the living God can heal.

And so, let us begin where the Holy Spirit would first lead us and that is to our dear Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Let us go to a portion of a psalm that speaks of the emotional suffering of our God, Psalm 69: verses 19-20 ~ Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonor: mine adversaries are all before thee. Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none~

Thou hast known. Let us stop and ponder these words. God knows all about our sufferings. He has seen every viscous word spoken or act that was done to us. He knows how little we have been valued! He knows the shame and guilt we have felt because of abuse or divorce or abandonment or because we could never measure up to someone elseís standards. He has heard every unkind word that has been spoken to us or every look of hatred in that personís eyes toward us. He has known and He has wept. And He weeps with us as He sees us struggling to be set free from the terrible things others have done to us.

Not only does He know because He has seen all the hurt done to us, but, in Jesus Christ of Nazareth, He knows by experience. For, look again at our verse above. Jesus has experienced reproach, Jesus has experienced shame, He has experienced dishonor and He knows and has experienced the pain of a broken heart.

And, that is just one reason He is mighty to save. He knows. He knows all about us and our agony of heart and He knows because He has been there and He is a compassionate God, full of tender-mercy and loving-kindness.

~Come listen to the song "Mighty to Save" by Laura Story~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYqogpLpC5Q
    ~ My testimony~

Re: Messages of Encouragement

The above post is good stuff....

I heard a song today. How the simplest of things to be grateful for.

Be thankful that God brought us to life. Look at yourself today and say God made me.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Comment

Working...
    X