No announcement yet.

Never felt so alone in my entire life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Never felt so alone in my entire life.

Hello, everyone. I know what I've written in the subject line sounds really 'woe is me'; but it's true. My husband has been battling MRSA, a skin infection, and I've been doing everything I can to help him heal and to boost his immune system. I'm also afraid for my two children, and doing all I can to protect them. My son had an infection on the chin last summer, and started to get one again, but God knocked that out after I prayed for him out loud and applied some bactroban.

Anyway, I am tired of trying so hard to keep everything sterile all the time. I, too, have some health issues that make this task extra difficult. And no one is helping us. No one, except for my in laws donating some money when my husband lost work- I do thank God for them.

Our church isn't helping. The pastor even asked us to stay away until he heals.

To add to all of this, my brother died a couple of months ago, and I keep having these dreams where I'm trying so hard to save him, and I can't. I don't even know for sure that he had accepted Christ.

And then an old friend got in contact with me, only to smack me out of his life for the third time in twenty years.

My family is distant, my husband isn't healthy enough to handle my heartache, fear, or anything else. I feel like no one else really cares. I feel so alone, afraid of what will happen if my husband doesn't heal. I am in tears as I write this, and I know someone will get on here and try to tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself and all that. That won't help me, so keep that to yourself, OK?

I just need friends. I am so tired, so alone. begging God all the time for strength and to stop feeling so dependent on others. But I honestly do. No one has stretched their hand out to us, not even to me when I went through a severe bout of anxiety a couple of years ago... something that still acts up at times.

I am sorry if this sounds like a major pity party. I just really feel so hopeless and lost right now.

Thanks for reading.

-Jen

I am so sorry you are feeling so down and abandoned by so many...you have a right to the way you are feeling. This shouldn't be how the church...or family and friends treats others...

I hurt for you just reading your post!

All I can offer is prayer (which I believe in the power of prayer) for healing for your husband...comfort, encouragement and endurance for you as you go through this trying time.

God loves you...I am I glad you are here...

God bless
    Julie
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I have at 2 times in my life felt so alone, i thought i would die that way. The first time i had no children, no wife, nothing. The second time i spent 3 years seperated from my wife and 3 children. No friends, at times no job. Real fear everywhere - weirdest thoughts very often.

Life is far from perfect today - my eldest 2 children are autistic. I have 5 sons in all. My wife is a non believer. My 5th son is soon to be diagnosed autistic. Need i go on, you get the picture......

BUT and this is huge - 10 years ago i sat alone reading a bible and God/ Jesus Christ entered my life. Problems haven't vanished and i've just had a couple of pretty bad 'spiritual' days.

I have problems with any church i go to and almost every Christian i meet! My wife a non believer knows the bible better than most of them!

Like you my problems with family illness will never just go away. At least one of my sons will need 24 hour care till he dies. That use to scare me, but now i take one day at a time.

In the short term the biggest thing i can do is say I love You and so does our Lord Jesus Christ. Try as hard as you can to find moments throughout the day to pray, read the Word of God/ the bible and praise/ worship our Lord for his kindness. The people you meet need YOU. Those who are lost are much worse off than me and you.

I have a friend who's husband may soon go to prison for a crime he didn't commit, because of the lies of people wanting to hurt him. In the middle of this stress and strain she's asking me to pray for a lady she met in a guest house they were staying in for the trial - because she shared the gospel and is hoping and praying this lady will come to Christ.

Lean on us and the Lord in prayer. Admit the strain and tiredness - but believe me You are not lost. You have come to your family in Christ, we are here for you. Please keep in touch with me, on my profile if you like? Click on my name on any post then click on profile. SofTy.
      1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Thank you, Moonglow & Servant for your replies. And yes, Servant, I see that you are also in a tight pinch.

As most of the world knows, the US economy is suffering, and that makes the situation here even more tense.

I will write more later... at the moment I am in a hurry, but I really do appreciate your quick replies. It helps more than you know.

-Jen

Comment

Originally posted by WritingRose View Post
          Thank you, Moonglow & Servant for your replies. And yes, Servant, I see that you are also in a tight pinch.

As most of the world knows, the US economy is suffering, and that makes the situation here even more tense.

I will write more later... at the moment I am in a hurry, but I really do appreciate your quick replies. It helps more than you know.

-Jen
          Thanks fine....no rush. Post when you can...

God bless
          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

May God bring instant peace and joy to you and yours!!!!

ing for the instant healing of your husband, in Jesus' name...Jesus paid the price at Calvary for our healing, so "by HIS stripes, we are healed!!" The only thing that comes to mind to fight satan with is scripture..So, get that Bible out and go to concordance and look up and write down every healing scripture...Speak them aloud any time of the day or night you can...satan has to flee in Jesus' name. Play dvds/cds about the Bible or gospel songs....keep all surroundings full of "Jesus." Amen and Amen!!! We do serve an awesome God..

One other thing the Bible tells us: do not rely on your own understanding...I've learned to put ALL of my trust and faith in HIM, not in any person!!!!!Alleluia...Yes, as Christians we need to do more. There is no doubt about that...but guess what, we can only know that our Lord and Savior is there for us and will never forsake us, no matter what. Fall into HIS embrace and strength and wisdom...Seek HIM, HE will draw near to you...Glory to God.

God Bless
            John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

In the meantime, Jen, we can keep you in special, daly prayer.

That MRSA has caused a great deal of trouble in so many lives, including those of some of my family members and friends also.

But we will pray that the Lord delivers you through this and gives you some rest.

Hopefully you'll keep us up to date?

Comment

God is the great physician. I am praying for healing. The Bible clearly states that BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED. Physically, emotionally, and more. I have faith in my God that HE will and can take this illness away. Praise God.
                I pray also that you find comfort and friendship here on the board. May the Love of Christ that you find here blanket you with peace.
                I'm Sara
                "Jesus wept." John 11:35
                Praying for my sister Mieke.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WritingRose View Post

-Jen
                  Jen... I can personally and in a most real way testify to the love, support and encouragement I recently received on this board as my wife and I went through her very dramatic and life-threatening health experience. It's kind of weird... such real Christian love found and extended over the internet. Seems like God is not fazed by modern technology but He USES it!

I have prayed for your needs. Now I'd encourage you to keep in touch with those who have extended their hands of friendship here... and lean on that and on the Lord God who will not forsake those who love Him.

Comment

I just wanted to say 'hi' and hope we link up later.

May i share one scripture? Revelation 21:4

He will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying or pain. These things of the past are gone for ever.

You and i know how hard life can be, with illness a daily reality in our families. May we share this scripture, you and me, with friends too, and strengthen us all. God bless, SofTy.
                    1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

Comment

Jen I'm so sorry you're in a difficult season. I remember when my spouse was sick (liver problems) and I was so burnt out and angry b/c it ALL fell on me. No one offered to cook us a meal or even take our kids to the park so I could clean up or just have a few moments to breathe. But I will say this, God heard my prayers and completely healed and restored him. He taught me to depend on HIM only during that difficult time b/c man failed me (US) miserably. I promised myself that if someone went through what I did I would not treat them the way we had been treated but would extend a Christian hand of help. I wish you were nearby so that I could do just that. Keep praying sister.
                      My memory is nearly gone;
                      but I remember two things;
                      That I am a great sinner, and
                      that Christ is a great Saviour.
                      John Newton (1725-1807)
                      English minister and hymn writer

Comment

Thank you all for replying. The fact that you are praying is very encouraging in itself.

I want to send some of you private messages, but I can't do it on this site until I've posted ten messages AND have been a member for a week. I think I"ve only got like three or four days in so far, so it will be another few days before I can send you all PM's.

I'll be in touch.

-Jen

Comment

I hope today has been blessed. May i share another scripture today - for encouragement and strength. John chapter 17:20

I am not praying just for these followers. I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me.

Verse 21, talks of us followers being one with eachother as Jesus is with God. I feel that connection with you. In Christian love, SofTy.

KJV

Comment

Curative Properties Of Turmeric

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/248162.php

I brought this article to give you hope, when the doctors said my liver was at the point of no return I began using this herb. The dosage as prescribed by my Podiatrist was 1/4 teaspoon in a glass of juice every day, this in order to cleanse my immune system that had a build up of toxins from years of eating unhealthy foods and taking over the counter medications. I hope your husband does well and he is in my prayers. P.S. I haven't been sick in over 3 years.
                            Tucson Region UA researcher probes potential for plants' power in medicine By Tom Beal ARIZONA DAILY STAR Tucson, Arizona | Published: 07.14.2008 advertisement David Gang's laboratory and the kitchen he shares with his wife and six children contain some of the same ingredients. At the University of Arizona, where he is a professor in the Department of Plant Sciences, Gang grows turmeric and ginger plants in greenhouses on the roof of a parking garage on East Sixth Street. He raises basil plants in controlled chambers in the basement of the Bio5 Research Institute across campus. At home, Gang sprinkles turmeric on just about everything he cooks, even adds it to fruit smoothies. Turmeric, a staple of Indian cooking that gives curries their bright yellow color, doesn't flavor things all that much, he said. "The kids don't even notice it," he said. Ginger and basil also figure in their diet. They taste good, Gang said, and they are good for you. He knows ginger works. He's been chewing it for years since discovering that it eased an undiagnosable stomach ailment he developed during his graduate school years. "It had a dramatic effect," he said. "I went from being sick every day to being well most of the time." Gang said his recovery is part of the reason he decided to concentrate his research on learning how plants make the remarkable substances that modern scientists are just beginning to study for their healthful effects. Knowledge of the properties is not new, Gang said. "Ayurvedic practitioners in India have known about them for thousands of years." Gang and his group are trying to identify and uncover the distinct compounds that make them work. Turmeric is hot in natural healing circles, having been reidentified in recent years as a potent anti-inflammatory, with possible beneficial effects for everything from arthritis to Alzheimer's disease. Gang said medical researchers have identified regions in India with very low incidences of the two diseases. They happen to be regions in which turmeric is most widely used in food preparation. Scientists have isolated the main active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, but Gang is also interested in two other compounds found in the rhizome of turmeric that have up to 100,000 times the anti-inflammatory potency of curcumin. It's one of the reasons Gang believes it's more beneficial to actually eat the spices than it is to take supplements of isolated compounds, he said. "I've always been more holistic when it comes to your health," he said. "You're better off using it as part of your diet than waiting till you get sick and taking a supplement," he said. The fruits of the research Gang conducts could be many and varied. Working at Bio5, said Gang, gives him the opportunity to interact with researchers in other fields who might be able to make use of what he discovers. One colleague is already looking to form a private company to develop pharmaceutical remedies from the compounds he isolates. The research could also lead to targeted breeding of new varieties of plants, Gang said. A chemist by training, he now combines biochemical analysis with genomics into a field called biochemical genomics. Studying aromatic plants such as sweet basil, ginger and turmeric seems fruitful, said Gang, because the substances that have anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and even cancer-preventive properties are isolated in distinct sections of the plants, such as the rhizomes of ginger and turmeric. Someday, products made from the fruits of Gang's research may cure what ails you. In the meantime, Gang suggests you simply spice up your meals.
                            A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Jude, I do know that turmeric might help him, but he refuses to try it. I've done tons of research on things that might help him, but he will only let me do so much. It's very frustrating.

Right now, one of his wounds appears to be getting worse, and my heart sinking more and more. I just don't know what to do at this point, though I've read some things that might help. God, I just need strength. I tell Him this all time. Either way, I need strength- to help my husband and protect my family, and to let him go if it comes to that. I don't know what I'll do if something happens to him. I just don't know, and it's breaking my heart.

Jen

Comment

Working...
                              X