Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God's kingdom as seen in the Word.

Why this thread?

We are in difficult times so it is really easy to focus on our individual problems as so many of us have them now; and the problems of our economy, as well as the global conflicts. The world is in a mess.

Yet..

That, first and foremost, we are part of the Kingdom [...the kingdom of God is within you." (Lk. 17:21) comforts me. We are subjects of our king, Jesus, who is God..the Alpha and Omega..the beginning and the end. The kingdom of God is God's rule in the lives of His people and His creation. When Jesus entered Jerusalem he said that even the stones would cry out with praise. All of creation for all eternity will praise Him.

Matthew 6:33 (KJV)
    "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; ...."

You are invited on this thread to please read, post, and share (if you will) your reflections on scriptures which have to do with the Kingdom of God so we can encourage one another.

wiseoldowl
    Last edited by turtledove; Mar 12th 2009, 01:15 PM. Reason: updating purpose of thead
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

It always saddens me when i give a Christian answer to a question and another Christian says - yes but, lets come back to the real world.

Thank you for this topic. One foot in the kingdom, eyes and ears focused on Jesus Christ.

I have many new problems each day and hear/ pray for bigger ones than my own. Today has enough worry of it's own, let tomorrow worry about it's self!

Love SofTy.
    1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Romans 14:17
      for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniHansen View Post
        Romans 14:17
        for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

I was searching for that one yesterday but ended up with Matthew 6:33..but the Lord used you to find this one and I thank Him for that and for your obedience to share it.

Yes, we have the same Holy Spirit!!

God bless your day today, Dani.

owl
        is heard in our land

Comment

Thank you SISTER, and God bless you guys, too.

Here is another pearl:

22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

25 See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, 26 whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” 27 Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.
          28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. 29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Last edited by Dani H; Oct 9th 2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniHansen View Post
            Thank you brother, and God bless you guys, too.

You are welcome only, Dani, I am not a guy! I am a mom and grandma! I know with a name like wiseoldowl how can ya tell..but now you know.
            is heard in our land

Comment

Originally posted by wiseoldowl View Post
              You are welcome only, Dani, I am not a guy! I am a mom and grandma! I know with a name like wiseoldowl how can ya tell..but now you know.
              Eeek, sorry. Duly noted (see above).

Comment

More "kingdom" scriptures.

Hi all: Here are more "kingdom" scriptures to encourage us.

Matthew 4:17 KJV
                From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 4:23 KJV
                And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Matthew 5:3 KJV
                Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:10 KJV
                Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

If you will, reflect on these and share more scriptures here about the kingdom. for us to reflect on.

wiseoldowl..your (woman) facilitator..
                is heard in our land

Comment

Hi wise grand-ma ^^,

for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
                  So if about 2 thousand years ago, It was at hand, then today it`s within you.[us]" (Lk. 17:21) as you quoted.

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21.28

So we can start living this kingdom in earth.

Go well and thanks for sharing wiseoldowl

Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ƒσяєяυииєя View Post
                    Hi wise grand-ma ^^,

So if about 2 thousand years ago, It was at hand, then today it`s within you.[us]" (Lk. 17:21) as you quoted.

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21.28

So we can start living this kingdom in earth.

Go well and thanks for sharing wiseoldowl

Awesome! thanks for this encouraging post forerunner. Yes, the kingdom is here and hereafter.

wiseoldowl..not always wise but getting older as we type...
                    is heard in our land

Comment

Originally posted by wiseoldowl View Post
                      Awesome! thanks for this encouraging post forerunner. Yes, the kingdom is here and hereafter.

wiseoldowl..not always wise but getting older as we type...

In addition, remember wise granny;

"
                      ...but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16.

God bless

-"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation..."[Salvation from what?.]
                      -Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominio and power, both now and ever. Amen.
                      (Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)

Stay healthy

sigpic

Comment

This scripture (words of Jesus) about the "Kingdom" really blesses me.

Luke 12:32
                        "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.

We are the "little" flock, the sheep of His pasture.

You are invited to share more scriptures and comments about the kingdom of God? ( heavenly kingdom). . .for comfort and encouragement here to all.

owl
                        is heard in our land

Comment

Luke 12:32
                          "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.
                          Thanks owl this is very encouraging .

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:32

Thanks again
                          Stay healthy

sigpic

Comment

Luke 23:39-43 That very day...

Here is the story of the man who was crucified with Jesus.

Notice..his words to Jesus after he rebukes the other criminal and the response Jesus give him.

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"

But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."
                            42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." 43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:39-43)

is heard in our land

Comment

The treasure in the field

Matthew 13:44 NIV
                              "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field." (Matthew 13:44) (NIV)
                              is heard in our land

Comment

Working...
                              X