No announcement yet.

Having an internship coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: Having an internship coming soon!

Hi I'm 18 this year and I'm currently studying in Information Communication Technology.

I don't know if this is where I should be posting this thread, but nevertheless, I hope you guys would take time to read it.

In my school, I would be required to sought my own company to work with for a period of 6 weeks.
    Recently, I found an attachment and it's really a good offer to me.
    Best of it all, they provided a post/job that's relevant to my course of studies.

However, I myself am not the IT geek type of person.
    Like I know basic stuffs but indepth stuffs just gets me confused and I have to really take the effort to go that extra mile to do a better job.

In this job that I would be taking up, it requires me to work in the IT segment whereby I'm like a consultant / communication person on the net.
    Well I don't know but I really feel insecure as weather or not to take up this job as I'm not really good at IT stuffs and I hope things would work out find. :l

Please help!
    Sincerely,
    Keven.

Re: Having an internship coming soon!

Originally posted by KevenChia View Post
    Hi I'm 18 this year and I'm currently studying in Information Communication Technology.

I don't know if this is where I should be posting this thread, but nevertheless, I hope you guys would take time to read it.

In my school, I would be required to sought my own company to work with for a period of 6 weeks.
    Recently, I found an attachment and it's really a good offer to me.
    Best of it all, they provided a post/job that's relevant to my course of studies.

Like I know basic stuffs but indepth stuffs just gets me confused and I have to really take the effort to go that extra mile to do a better job.

In this job that I would be taking up, it requires me to work in the IT segment whereby I'm like a consultant / communication person on the net.
    Well I don't know but I really feel insecure as weather or not to take up this job as I'm not really good at IT stuffs and I hope things would work out find. :l

Please help!
    Sincerely,
    Keven.
    Hi Keven, welcome to the forum!

I don't quite understand the technical jargan in your post but I do encourage you to pray and ask God to help you make this decision. It does sound like a good opportunity for you; but I can surely understand your uncertainty about whether you are prepared for it. Most jobs I have had during my early before and during college working years (am retired now) there was a lot of on job training. So with just the doing of it you do feel more and more secure. And some of mine were simply temporary gigs until I finished my education and ventured into the career I had prepared for. I especially liked working in a Credit Bureau summers where (back then anyway) I was only 17 and still in high school. So all I knew then when I came was typing, filing, and a few telephone reporting skills. We didn't have computers then.

If you know computers and can type..that is the main thing, I would think. You don't have to be an expert.

I am praying that God give you good direction and a sense of confidence in whatever you do.

Happy New Year!

turtledove
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Originally posted by KevenChia View Post

Recently, I found an attachment at writemyessaytoday and it's really a good offer to me.

Please help!
      Sincerely,
      Keven.

Hi Keven,

A career in ICT is a good choice nowadays. An information security analyst, for example, has nearly 40% job growth outlook for 2000-2019. My son chose this department last year, but he didn't manage to enter the university, so he's planning to prepare better and then apply once again in 2020. His goal is UW-Stout's Bachelor's degree in Information and Communication Technologies. I pray for him every day, because he's not a simple teenager...

Comment

Working...
      X