Falling Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling Short

Ok i've just Recently Came Back to Christ, and i Told God i wasn't gonna Sin aymore.....But I back slid on my word, will god punish me or can i come to him and ask him to help me....with my problem....Because i sincerely love god, but I allowed the enemy to give me sexual Thoughts to Control Me.~i need Prayer~

P.S I don't Want God to Hate Me.....Because i Truly Love Him...

You are sorely mistaken in your belief that you will not sin anymore if you come to Christ. That is not true. You will become sanctified over time, meaning you'll become more like Christ, but you'll also have times when you will slide back. You'll struggle with God. You will sin every day, and Jesus has paid that payment. Search the Scriptures. Read Romans 7. Paul sinned - did the very thing he didn't want to do. Don't ever tell God you won't sin again - because you will.

Comment

Hi James,
      "Confused" is not so confused at all.

To help you deal with the battle of temptation, you might wanna look at post #4
      http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=143080

'Hope it helps.
      Richard

Comment

God is Faithful

It is impossible for us here on earth not to sin we ALL sin, and dont worry about what you told God because he already knew it was impossible for you not to sin anymore. He knows all things. We all come short of God's glory pray and read the bible everyday it helps to open up our eyes to see the trruth in our human nature and helps us to overcome temptation.

Matthew 26:41
        Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Luke 22:40
        And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

1 Corinthians 10:13
        There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
        I will sing of your works & your mighty ways
        My Rock & My Salvation
        Who will hide me in the time of trouble?
        Who is like the lord, so full of gace and truth!

Comment

Just adding this: Although we can all fall short and miss the mark by sinning it is also important that we are accountable to God for our sins.

Repentance about our sin is not an option: it is mandatory.

We are also responsible to try to keep from falling into temptation so that we can avoid sinning. This often means being careful what we watch, what we read, where we go, and who we keep company with.

Ps 40:1-3. But, when we sin, as we acknowledge it. we, like the psalmist, can cry out to the Lord in prayer.

I waited patiently for the LORD;
          he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
          out of the mud and mire;
          he set my feet on a rock
          and gave me a firm place to stand. 3 He put a new song in my mouth,
          a hymn of praise to our God.
          Many will see and fear
          and put their trust in the LORD.

God gives such comfort in this Psalm to all of us who fall short and miss the mark. As we cry out to Him He lifts us out of the mud and mire of sin and gives us a firm place to stand..

And so we praise Him,

wiseoldowl..facilitator
          Last edited by turtledove; Oct 20th 2008, 09:48 PM.
          "The flowers appear on the earth,
          the time of singing has come,
          and the voice of the turtledove
          is heard in our land
          ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Working...
          X