Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Warning this is Lengthy!!!

Over this past weekend I decided to spend the weekend with my lil Sister. She still lives back at home with my mom and her husband (my step-father). The only real reason I decided to go back and stay the weekend is A) I do really miss my little sister she is like my bestest friend and B) I currently am staying with a friend of mines and she drives me crazy.

My mom and I have had a rocky relationship as far back as I can remeber and through myrebelliousness I have made our relationship even worse between me and my mom. So now that I am saved and have become a New Creature is Christ Jesus she still sees me as that old rebellious Caresse and it is just hard to cope with and it hurts me so deeply. But this is the bed that I have made for myself and now I have to lay in it.

When I use to live back home even when I would do right my mom always treated as if I was less than. My lil sis has ALWAYS been the golden child when it comes to my mother. It just hurts so much yesterday I was just in such a huge fog of deep down depression over my choices in life, ive just gone through so much and I'm only 23!! Its just so crazy. But!!! I thank God there is a but, there is Jesus Christ who is always on my side. To him I am HIS golden child and he loves me 100% no matter who or what I was back then. Getting to the point...

When I was in church yesterday at prayer a thought came to me and it gave me great peace.

Matthew 10:36-38 (King James Version)

36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
    38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

This verse just let me know maybe there is a reason for such a great seperation from my family. My mom and I dont talk too much other than just checking up on each other, I dont really like my step father so I dont talk to him much, and my lil sister has transformed it seems like overnight and now is a woman that is about to get married so she is too involved with her fiance, school, and work. So I am in a way all alone no one to talk to when I get all stressed out, happy, sad, humourus. This seperation from them has made me include Jesus in my daily life more and more! Its amazing isnt it, how we go through so much pain all for the Glory of God.

So my encouraging word to you today is keep the faith God is so very FAITHFUL and through we go through much pain, if we stay in HIS WILL we will see what HIS plan is/was for us the whole entire time!
    I will sing of your works & your mighty ways
    My Rock & My Salvation
    Who will hide me in the time of trouble?
    Who is like the lord, so full of gace and truth!

whatever valley...

Originally posted by JesusReignsForever View Post

So my encouraging word to you today is keep the faith God is so very FAITHFUL and through we go through much pain, if we stay in HIS WILL we will see what HIS plan is/was for us the whole entire time!

Hi JRF, this last sentence of yours brings to mind this scripture.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."

Yep, sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees..as my mom used to say.

Psalm 23: 1-6 is always good to reflect on too..no matter what the valley may be.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    Psalm 23:1-6.

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
    he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
    He guides me along the right paths
    for his name's sake. Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
    I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me. You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
    You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
    and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
    forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

peace and blessings,
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Life's journey is hard when you haven't received the love that a mother needs to model to and give to her daughter. Dear daughter and sister in Christ I can feel your pain and not having received the love you so desperately desire and you need to know it's not your fault, you did nothing wrong. You must take this knowledge to the foot of the cross and let Jesus heal your wound. Your mother had her own issues and her inability to love you is a reflection on her wounds and the fact that she did not seek help for herself, NOT a reflection on who you are as a person. You only rebelled because you wanted to be loved.

You are doing everything in your life now to have the heart of the Lord, you are a beautiful daughter,no one could ask anything more of you, you have given enough. I've been where you are and God does remove those people out of our lives that do not honor our path with Him, He also provides other people to stand in as surrogate mums and dads who are better examples of loving parents, so you will find that he doesn't just take He gives in abundance also.

Never be afraid to ask Him for what you need, He will answer your prayers. with love and prayers ~ Soulangel
      sigpic
      1 Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Lord, help me to do great things as though they were little, since I do them with your power;
      and little things as though they were great, since I do them in your name. Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
      X