HOW LONG DO YOU WANT TO LIVE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW LONG DO YOU WANT TO LIVE ?

If I posted this in the wrong place , please move it were it belongs !
    Thank You.......

How long do you want to live ?

Today I would love to go home yesterday !

For 50 some years I grew up a Catholic, and did not know any thing about salvation. Just going to confession all the time.

Our children brought us out of this. To a bible church.
    No religion.

We all became saved.
    But till that time I wanted to live for ever.
    I was scared of death. Because I was sure I was going to hell !
    The confessional needed a swinging door , because I felt like I was always forgetting some thing...... if I did not confess it all then I was not going to heaven........

Now I know , because my GOD tell me in the / bible tells me I am saved !
    GOD sent HIS Son to the cross for my sins.

This was back starting in the 1940's
    We had no bible ~ The church never told us to use it !
    Now we read from it every day when we do not go to church.
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Re: HOW LONG DO YOU WANT TO LIVE ?

I am quite comfortable with death, it is suffering that I fear. I recently had a heart attack and felt incredibly calm in the emergency room at the hospital. I was stabilized and admitted that night. The next day, the cardiologist came to my room and explained why this had happened and outlined the treatment that he wanted to use. I know the possible risks of this and declined to allow him to use drugs and invasive procedures because of them. I have decided to let nature take its course. To me this heart problem is like a gift from God to spare me future suffering.

I have felt Him very close by all through this and even now. I don't get any message from Him that He doesn't approve of my choice. I asked why I am still here and didn't die outright. That day whenever I talked with anyone, I found myself steering away from the conversations and witnessing for God even though that was not my original intent. This leads me to believe that He wants me to witness to people about my experiences with Him and what I have come to believe because of them.

I plan to draft a blog in sections and put it on the internet for people to read. Maybe He will lead someone to believe because of my testimony.

Comment

About 6 years ago , they wanted to put stints in for my blockage. I refused ! And our son told me to send for herbs !
      So that is what I did !

There is a doctor one the radio that has operaters ansering the phone, and you tell them what your problem is and they will send you what you need. There are places that you can go to in place of a regular doctor , that do use herbs in place of medicin and operations......
      And it worked and I am still here and I am taking the herbs again.
      They seem to work better then the stints... a few people have had to have the stints put in a few times.

So, I to just do not want to suffer ! But I would love to go home today !
      For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Comment

Well this is an easy question.

I want to live until Jesus returns.
        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Or until the Cubs win the Series, whichever comes first...

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
            Or until the Cubs win the Series, whichever comes first...
            Your better bet is the Lord will return before then......

Just sayin'.

For myself, I am ready to go home now. But I had decided long ago however long I am on this earth is fine with me.
            "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
            "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
            Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Comment

That's an easy one: -X, where X is the number of days I have been alive.
              「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
              撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Comment

I don't know if I could put a number on the years that I would love to be alive. Being a Heart Patient that was born with a Congential Heart Deffect I know I've been blessed by God to still be here. I've had many surgries on not only my heart but on my back and legs as well. I don't always apprecaite the gift of life that God has given me but as I've gotten older I've realized how lucky I am. Yes I do believe in the phrase "no matter how bad you've got it, remember there is always someone who has it worse" I must admit that I do indeed fear death. I do believe in God and Jesus and Pray for Forgivness of my Sins every night and I pray for my Impure thoughts that I seem to have on a daily basis. I try to fight them but they do come even if just for a second. I fear the unknown. I hope that doesn't mean I don't have faith becasue I believe myself to have faith in God and in Jesus and I do feel/believe that I will be taken care of in life and death. I'm coming up on another Heart Catherzation and possibly even a Heart Surgery and with my medical history I have a lot of Scar-Tissue on my Heart and I have an Implated Cardiac Defibrulator(ICD) that has a few wires going into my heart to shock me in case I have another Cardiac Arrest like I did in 96 which had me get this ICD. This past month of June I had 2 episodes of Cardiac Arrest and have recieved a total of 3 shocks from my ICD. What I've been feeling the past few months I've never felt before and that has me very scared of Death. So any surgery from here on out could be life-threatening as much as it could be life-saving. I do believe I was put on this earth for a reason and I hope that reason hasn't been filled yet. I still feel I have more that I would really love to do or attempt to do and it has me very scared that I'm coming upon the end of my life. I don't consider myself in a Religious Catergory and I'm certainly not as Religious as most of you. I pray every night and I do believe in God however I fear the unknown and hope that God will find it in his heart to allow my Soul into his Kingdom of Heaven although I hope it is not coming soon. I don't care how old you grow to be in life it goes so fast and we must learn to apprecaite it. I guess I just hope I have more time with my friends and family.

Comment

Dimaline312000

I sure hope and pray you are saved !

Just knowing what God has done for us, Jesus having no sin of his own and going through all he did for us and understanding this , you are saved and need not do any thing ! But of course live as God would want us to .
                  We have it all.
                  That is why I would love to go home, since I know I will be seeing my family all together., one day !

Comment

Originally posted by grams View Post
                    Dimaline312000

I sure hope and pray you are saved !

Just knowing what God has done for us, Jesus having no sin of his own and going through all he did for us and understanding this , you are saved and need not do any thing ! But of course live as God would want us to .
                    We have it all.
                    That is why I would love to go home, since I know I will be seeing my family all together., one day !
                    Thank you very much Grams, Bless you. See that is a question that has burned in me for so long. I've heard that as long as you bleive in God and in Jesus Christ as my Savior that I am saved but is that enough to be able to go to Heaven? Yes I've sinned and yes I try to keep God's commandments in my heart for always but I can't say that I will never sin again in fact I know that won't really be possible for me. My worst Sin is Lust, I'm looking for True Love but I find myself being lost in thought of Lust and I know that is one of the 7 Deadly Sins so as much as I try to ignore it and get past it, it seems like it's one I've always gone back to. Are sins of the past and future forgiven just becasue I believe in God and my Savior Jesus Christ. I want to be as good as possible and I will never pray for my Heart Conditon to be completely healed because I know it can't but my biggest request from God as of late has been to allow my Friends, Family and Myself into his Kingdom of Heaven. I want to be on this Earth for as long as possible but I want to spend Eternity with my God even more.

Comment

If you have that feeling of insecurity you better plunge yourself with the Word of God; the gospels and the letters have very rich information

God bless

Comment

I want to live as long as can to serve the Lord.
                        Live the Halleluyah life

Comment

Originally posted by imreedemed View Post
                          If you have that feeling of insecurity you better plunge yourself with the Word of God; the gospels and the letters have very rich information

God bless
                          Well I am in the process of reading the Bible but I still have alot of questions along the way.

Comment

Keep at it Dimaline. God does not give us a spirit of fear, but that of love, power and understanding

Comment

Originally posted by imreedemed View Post
                              Keep at it Dimaline. God does not give us a spirit of fear, but that of love, power and understanding
                              Thanks I certainly will keep reading my Bible and beleiving in the word of God!!

Comment

Working...
                              X