Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - How’s Your Walk with God –

Genesis 5:24, “Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him”
    1 John 1:3, “Truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ”

One hot summer day my granddaughter and I were enjoying the water slides at a nearby water park. While waiting in line for one of the rides, I overheard a man ask, "Does anyone know where this line is going?" The person next to him said, "I don't have a clue." I chuckled at their apparent ignorance, but then I realized I didn't know where the line was going either. It didn't make any difference, because it was a grandfather-and-granddaughter day and we were having a good time.

It wasn't important where we were going; it was being together that really counts the most. That experience caused me to mull over my attitude toward what we often call "walking with the Lord." Sometimes I believe we are so worried about where we're headed in life that we fail to enjoy being with Christ every day? Isn't our life of faith and walk with our Lord more a matter of companionship than getting somewhere?

Enoch, the Old Testament saint, "walked with God three hundred years" (Genesis 5:22). Then he just walked off the earth into God's presence without experiencing death (Hebrews 11:5). In Genesis, Noah is mentioned as a just man, perfect in his generations and he walked with God. How is your walk with God? Is it continual or do you many times take time off or lag behind?

In reality, don’t we sometimes go our way and neglect our fellowship with Him? If we as believers in Christ “take time off” from our relationship with God, we will miss the guidance of His Word and the fellowship we experience in prayer. We will be more likely to forget our priorities and drift into forbidden areas that could lead to our downfall. We may not know where life's road will take us, but we can enjoy the journey if we are walking with our Lord and Savior.

Further reflection:

My beloved, to walk with God, we must keep in step without taking time off, running ahead or lagging behind. It doesn’t make any difference how long you have been a child of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, you need to guard your relationship with Him, because 1 Peter 5:8 tell us to, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour”.

It isn’t only about going to church nor having daily devotions. Along our walk in this world, we need to talk with the Lord Jesus, listen to Him, enjoy His presence, and trust in His guidance when we cannot see what lies ahead. It isn’t just the destination that’s important, but also the journey we take together, which is a continual relationship with our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thus, taking time off will seriously weaken our walk and especially our relationship with Him.

Thank You, Lord, for walking with us
    As our guardian, friend, and guide;
    Help us sense Your loving presence
    Every day, close by our side. –Sper

You're headed in the right direction if you're walking with Christ Jesus.
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil" - Proverbs 3:5-7
    My Blog at Wordpress - https://www.hiseternalword.wordpress.com

Re: - How’s Your Walk with God –

Originally posted by Shadrach View Post
    1 John 1:3, “Truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ”

One hot summer day my granddaughter and I were enjoying the water slides at a nearby water park. While waiting in line for one of the rides, I overheard a man ask, "Does anyone know where this line is going?" The person next to him said, "I don't have a clue." I chuckled at their apparent ignorance, but then I realized I didn't know where the line was going either. It didn't make any difference, because it was a grandfather-and-granddaughter day and we were having a good time.

It wasn't important where we were going; it was being together that really counts the most. That experience caused me to mull over my attitude toward what we often call "walking with the Lord." Sometimes I believe we are so worried about where we're headed in life that we fail to enjoy being with Christ every day? Isn't our life of faith and walk with our Lord more a matter of companionship than getting somewhere?

Enoch, the Old Testament saint, "walked with God three hundred years" (Genesis 5:22). Then he just walked off the earth into God's presence without experiencing death (Hebrews 11:5). In Genesis, Noah is mentioned as a just man, perfect in his generations and he walked with God. How is your walk with God? Is it continual or do you many times take time off or lag behind?

In reality, don’t we sometimes go our way and neglect our fellowship with Him? If we as believers in Christ “take time off” from our relationship with God, we will miss the guidance of His Word and the fellowship we experience in prayer. We will be more likely to forget our priorities and drift into forbidden areas that could lead to our downfall. We may not know where life's road will take us, but we can enjoy the journey if we are walking with our Lord and Savior.

Further reflection:

My beloved, to walk with God, we must keep in step without taking time off, running ahead or lagging behind. It doesn’t make any difference how long you have been a child of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, you need to guard your relationship with Him, because 1 Peter 5:8 tell us to, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour”.

It isn’t only about going to church nor having daily devotions. Along our walk in this world, we need to talk with the Lord Jesus, listen to Him, enjoy His presence, and trust in His guidance when we cannot see what lies ahead. It isn’t just the destination that’s important, but also the journey we take together, which is a continual relationship with our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thus, taking time off will seriously weaken our walk and especially our relationship with Him.

ultimately I think walking with God means loving others in deed and truth ...

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.”
    **1 John‬ *3:10-11, 14, 16-19‬ *KJV‬‬

to do this one needs to follow the teachings of Christ

“Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
    **1 John‬ *5:1-5‬ *KJV‬‬

Further reflection:

ultimately I think walking with God means loving others in deed and truth ...

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.”
    **1 John‬ *3:10-11, 14, 16-19‬ *KJV‬‬

to do this one needs to follow the teachings of Christ

“Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
    **1 John‬ *5:1-5‬ *KJV‬‬

Comment

Further reflection:

Good post. Its too easy to let this slide at times too. Thanks for the reminder.

God bless
      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

You're most welcome moonglow.
        "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil" - Proverbs 3:5-7
        My Blog at Wordpress - https://www.hiseternalword.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
        X