Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End time provision?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discussion End time provision?

    I'm wondering how we will eat during the tribulation. I hold to the post-trib view. I'm sure God will provide food, I have read lately about food co-ops. There was one in Ohio that the Government closed down. I was wondering if maybe Christians should start planning together. Like storing food and then later they could get together and provide for each other in that way. Still when you look at the Jews that were hiding out during the Holocaust they had very little to eat but enough to keep living. Like in the movie, "The pianist.". I need to lose lots of weight but sometimes lack motivation, one reason is b/c I figue when the tribulation comes the fat people like me may last longer. LOL!

  • #2
    Yes, That did happen with that family in Ohio.

    http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/08/swat-team.htm

    I think that it is good to start planning and seeking God now for the answers on what we should be doing.
    Wise men
    still seek Him
    ---------------------------
    * 1 cross
    + 3 nails
    = 4 given
    ------------------

    It is best to;
    Build your belief around the bible
    Do Not build the bible around your belief !!!!
    You will then find yourself on solid ground.[/color]

    Comment


    • #3
      Dragonfighter1 started a thread along the same lines called.

      Post trib Planning discussion...HOW TO PREPARE
      Wise men
      still seek Him
      ---------------------------
      * 1 cross
      + 3 nails
      = 4 given
      ------------------

      It is best to;
      Build your belief around the bible
      Do Not build the bible around your belief !!!!
      You will then find yourself on solid ground.[/color]

      Comment


      • #4
        Honey, unless you are overweight because you just like to eat a lot and your diet is whole grains, green leafy veggies, etc. That fat ain't going to save you.

        The kind of fat I had, was because I was eating an imbalance diet and I continued to have cravings and couldn't stop. I kept craving sweets, breads, pasta, anything and everything!

        I started taking fish oil, Vitamin B complex and added nothing but whole-grains to my diet and a lot of leafy greens.

        I don't exercise, I've lost 25 pounds in just a couple of months. It took awhile before this stuff started kicking in, but once it did, WOW!!!

        I've lost my food cravings. I've got ice cream that literally has gone bad in the freezer. I'm not craving a bunch of junk.

        My energy levels are up. My memory is better. and I sleep better.

        So, if you decide to prepare...

        Whole grains only...Nothing that says "enriched" on it. If it says that, they have taken out the germ and the bran and it is an incomplete grain, (even rice is like that). By law they had to add niacin back into it to stop pallegra but that's all they are required to do because pallegra causes insanity.

        Brown rice doesn't store well.

        Get a long grain rice that doesn't say enriched on it.

        Protein: Lentils, pintos, butter beans, navy beans (makes good baked beans too!), black beans, split peas.

        You can also sprout the lentils.

        Find some whole grain wheat and buy a grinder. Get some whole grain corn for human consumption. Get the whole grain rice...and you will live pretty good on just that.

        Oh, and don't forget to get some lard. Lard will last a long time. It makes great soap. It is not going to go rancid like vegetable and canola oil.

        Olive oil is also non perisheable. It is also used for oil lamps.

        Powdered milk

        plant some fruit and put in a garden. Collards grow all winter long.
        2 Cor 4:4 For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image {and} Likeness of God. AMP

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JaneA View Post
          I'm wondering how we will eat during the tribulation. I hold to the post-trib view. I'm sure God will provide food, I have read lately about food co-ops. There was one in Ohio that the Government closed down. I was wondering if maybe Christians should start planning together. Like storing food and then later they could get together and provide for each other in that way. Still when you look at the Jews that were hiding out during the Holocaust they had very little to eat but enough to keep living. Like in the movie, "The pianist.". I need to lose lots of weight but sometimes lack motivation, one reason is b/c I figue when the tribulation comes the fat people like me may last longer. LOL!
          Jane, Are you a born again christian?

          Because if you are, you don't have to worry about being here during the tribulation. The tribulation is only for those who stay after the second coming of Christ, so if your planning on going with us, leave the food preparing for the unbelievers.
          OnENtheSpIrIt

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by oneinthespirit View Post
            Jane, Are you a born again christian?

            Because if you are, you don't have to worry about being here during the tribulation. The tribulation is only for those who stay after the second coming of Christ, so if your planning on going with us, leave the food preparing for the unbelievers.
            Some people believe the Second Advent of Christ is after the tribulation so their are many believers who, depending on the end time views and understanding, are concerned about being prepared to have provisions for the time of the tribulation.

            We don't need to derail into discussion of the many views here, but I just wanted you to consider that many believers have different understandings and views concerning all this and they are very much believers.


            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              I apologizes for any assumption.

              And if thats case of Christ coming after than tribulation, than as it is written in scripture we should first seek the kingdom of heaven, and everything else will be provided.
              OnENtheSpIrIt

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by oneinthespirit View Post
                I apologizes for any assumption.

                And if thats case of Christ coming after than tribulation, than as it is written in scripture we should first seek the kingdom of heaven, and everything else will be provided.
                I was not fussing at you, just pointing out that there are many views and sometimes it can get a little confusing to know what a persons view is.


                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've been a born again Christian for over two decades and I was convinced at the beginning that the Church would go through the trib.

                  The Lord asked me if I was willing to lay down my life for the sake of the Gospel, and if need be, to die also. I said yes.

                  I've had people shoot at me and try to kill me because I'm a Christian. I've had people hunting me down because I'm a Christian. That's just during the birth pangs.

                  Wait until things get going really good. Wait until the informers are brainwashed, tracked and trained. Your children, grandchildren and neighbors, your fellow church members will be those that turn you in because you won't worship "mother earth" and get on the bandwagon of preparing for the antichrist.

                  They will do this, because if they don't, they won't eat, they won't have a paycheck or a job. They will do this for securities sake and if you truly believe in Christ, you will be considered a terrorist before this is over with.

                  Steph
                  Last edited by quiet dove; Dec 24th 2008, 05:37 AM. Reason: edited out political
                  2 Cor 4:4 For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image {and} Likeness of God. AMP

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We are told not to worry. God will provide.

                    The people of Israel in the wilderness refused to believe God would provide and he continually did, to the point that for forty years their clothes never wore out. Trust in God. He has the answers.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by oneinthespirit View Post
                      I apologizes for any assumption.

                      And if thats case of Christ coming after than tribulation, than as it is written in scripture we should first seek the kingdom of heaven, and everything else will be provided.
                      the kingdom of heaven is for -poor in spirit
                      the kingdom of God is for -the poor

                      seek the kingdom of God and all these things will be added

                      the kingdom of heaven comes when Christ returns bringing relief to the poor in spirit

                      I'm not trying to derail the thread.

                      I have 'prepared' for the last 10 years. Not one passage speaks against it but many show the wisdom in doing so.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sirus my friend,

                        the kingdom of heaven is for -poor in spirit
                        the kingdom of God is for -the poor

                        seek the kingdom of God and all these things will be added

                        the kingdom of heaven comes when Christ returns bringing relief to the poor in spirit

                        I hate to have to butt heads with you again on somthing..............but. What makes you think that Jesus was talking about storing up of food or those who have stored food when he was talking about the Kingdom of God being for the Poor in Spirit?

                        I could be misunderstanding your answer.....and if I am....please forgive me.

                        God Bless,

                        Dave
                        In Christ Love

                        BCF

                        2 Peter 1:20-21:

                        "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

                        Search and believe the Scripture, before you believe anything man tells you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I didn't say he was talking about storing up food. oneinthespirit said everything else is provided if we seek the kingdom of heaven but scripture says seek the kingdom of God, not heaven. That's all I was pointing out.
                          This is why I said "I'm not trying to derail the thread." because I know very few understand their differences and use the two terms synomomously. I can't do that because there are too man differences and conflicting attributes.

                          Anyway, the bare necessities of life are what Jesus said would be added by seeking the kingdom of God. One just has to ask if that applies to a time of trouble the world has never seen or can even imagine when the saints are worn out. Could it? Sure! but does it?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sirus View Post
                            I didn't say he was talking about storing up food. oneinthespirit said everything else is provided if we seek the kingdom of heaven but scripture says seek the kingdom of God, not heaven. That's all I was pointing out.
                            This is why I said "I'm not trying to derail the thread." because I know very few understand their differences and use the two terms synomomously. I can't do that because there are too man differences and conflicting attributes.

                            Anyway, the bare necessities of life are what Jesus said would be added by seeking the kingdom of God. One just has to ask if that applies to a time of trouble the world has never seen or can even imagine when the saints are worn out. Could it? Sure! but does it?
                            Ok....thanks for clarifying what you were saying. My mistake once again. Forget I even asked.

                            God Bless,

                            Dave
                            In Christ Love

                            BCF

                            2 Peter 1:20-21:

                            "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

                            Search and believe the Scripture, before you believe anything man tells you.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Does Matthew 6:25-34 come to mind for anybody?

                              http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...atthew+6:25-34
                              Matthew 6:25-34 (New International Version)

                              Do Not Worry

                              25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]? 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X