London protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London protest

On the news right now they are covering a protest outside the Israeli embassy in London. Sounds like it is getting a bit physical.

I have not known God for long - have there ever been such widespread demonstrations as we are seeing right now? I know Israel has fought back before but I don't recall the protests being so....all over the place geographically.

Then again, maybe I just never noticed because I was only interested in things that revolved around me.....

Comment

Originally posted by paintdiva View Post
      On the news right now they are covering a protest outside the Israeli embassy in London. Sounds like it is getting a bit physical.

I have not known God for long - have there ever been such widespread demonstrations as we are seeing right now? I know Israel has fought back before but I don't recall the protests being so....all over the place geographically.
      I'll have to swing by the Drudge Report and see if I can get something on it there. I take it they are protesting against Israel then.

Did they bring their prayer rugs? So goes the UK. Where once the sun never set, sure seems to be setting now for what may be the last time.

Comment

This is a few miles west of where I am. Yes they're protesting against Israel's actions (no-one protesting on the Hamas actions which set it all off), and included in the protesters are some of the Orthodox Jews from the Stamford Hill community just down the road from me who are anti-Israel for theological reasons.

I think what's changed here is the language from Israel that they won't stop until all Hamas buildings are gone; they're expressing a determination that I don't recall hearing before over the years. I don't think there'll be a new ceasefire even if Hamas wanted one.

Comment

Wow! Orthodox Jews anti-israel for theological reasons??
          I guess I'll have to ponder that one-a Jew being anti-Israel....

Comment

The ones I know from Stamford Hill are actually Satmar Hasidim (Hungarian and Romanian roots). They see the modern state of Israel as secular people taking matters into their own hands instead of waiting for the Messiah to sort it all out and deliver them.

Here's the Wiki page about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satmar#...ion_to_Zionism

Comment

Well, we certainly need to pray for Israel

Edit:

I had a friend phoning me earlier on today, asking the meaning of the word: Hadassah.... saying the L_rd called her by that name... and asked me what that means..... I guess ,,,, things are serious
              The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
              God plants in our hearts
              to remind us
              there are better things ahead.
              -Holley Gerth

Comment

Well...what does it mean ACCM?
                You're dealing with an uneducated person here.

Comment

Well...what does it mean ACCM?
                  You're dealing with an uneducated person here.
                  Hadassah is the Hebrew name for Esther, she was raised up as an instrument in the hand of G_d to avert the destruction of the Jewish people, and to afford them protection and forward their wealth and peace in their captivity....

My friend thus is called to be an Intercessor to pray for Israel....
                  The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                  God plants in our hearts
                  to remind us
                  -Holley Gerth

Comment

Ok, thanks. I thought that's what it meant because of a movie I recently watched-One Night With the King, but I wans't sure.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I thought that's what it meant because of a movie I recently watched-One Night With the King, but I wans't sure.
                      For such a time as this.....
                      The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                      God plants in our hearts
                      to remind us
                      -Holley Gerth

Comment

This has absolutely nothing to do with my op in here.
                        I keep seeing all these strange things and wonder if I am making something of nothing in my tiny little head....

Obama had that weird "Freudian slip" where he was talking to a reporter and said something about..."my Muslim faith" and the interviewer - George Stephanapoulos I think - looked shocked then said, "Don't you mean to say your christian faith?......"

Then he picks one of his top guys who has the last name of Emmanuel...

Then on the news a little while ago they were reporting on the Presidents new car and all of the upgrades it had received for his protection and comfort and they said the cars nickname was "The Beast"....

Then the lines of his swearing in got fumbled, which revolved around the word "faithful"....

Now, they do a second swearing in in which they don't even use the bible!

Strange things keep piling on and I can't quite figure if it is just my pea-sized brain seeing stuff that isn't there...

Comment

Don't worry, I saw all of those things too. I don't know if it is just coincidence or something deeper. And when they said the name of his car was "The Beast", my mouth dropped like "what on earth?"

Comment

paintdiva, strange that you bring up London and Muslim in the same thread....
                            A friend the other day said that he had a vision of England becoming a Muslim state
                            The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                            God plants in our hearts
                            to remind us
                            -Holley Gerth

Comment

Oh, and I forgot another thing. During the inauguration, it was reported that a group of people, somewhere in Africa I think, was watching the inaug. on tv and they all got up and began chanting, "Obama is Jesus!!!

Thanks Ranger, nice to know I am not the only one alarmed or confused by these things and that someone else noticed them. I am not willing to say anything bad about Obama but I'll be danged if a new strange thing doesn't come up nearly every day!

Comment

Working...
                              X