who is able to make war with him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is able to make war with him?

Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Would this question "who is able to make war with him?" cause us to believe that the USA, will not be 'the' super power?

My thoughts are; I do not believe that the USA is Babylon, but I do think it will fall (and soon), as the super power that polices the world today. I suspect that a big part of its downfall will be economically manipulated.

This would leave a vacuum to be filled, possibly by the beast who will at first appear to be flattering and peaceful.
    Could it be that: Israel would become vulnerable, and may take pre-empted defensive action.

Speculation I know, but for the beast to rise in power, the USA stands in the way.

Who said the USA is even in the Bible?
    To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
      You beat me to the question! (I'll have to call you "Quick Draw" now! LOL!!)

But, concerning the O.P. - by Partaker Of Christ:
      Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Would this question "who is able to make war with him?" cause us to believe that the USA, will not be 'the' super power?

My thoughts are; I do not believe that the USA is Babylon, but I do think it will fall (and soon), as the super power that polices the world today. I suspect that a big part of its downfall will be economically manipulated.

This would leave a vacuum to be filled, possibly by the beast who will at first appear to be flattering and peaceful.
      Could it be that: Israel would become vulnerable, and may take pre-empted defensive action.

Speculation I know, but for the beast to rise in power, the USA stands in the way.

I was also wondering where the glue for this "End Times" scenario really comes from? (In the sense of it being a yet future event, with a man who "pretends to be CHRIST HIMSELF"... and establishes a seven year peace treaty, only to break it mid-way through.)

By the way- I appreciate the fact that you mentioned you were speculating! That was an honest, genuine statement, & I REALLY respect that.

So, that in mind, I hope you understand that my question & skepticism is aimed at the "VIEWPOINT", and not you personally.

Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Comment

I don't know. Can you give me a clue?

Comment

Well, just to give you a direction to research, it's almost universally agreed amongst secular Biblical scholars that the Roman Empire is the beast described in the Revelation, and a very large number of Christians believe the same.

The difference is the secular scholars agree that it is the first-century Roman Empire being described, while Christians generally agree that the Roman Empire being viewed is a "revived" Empire, or that the real Roman Empire never even collapsed, but that it existed throughout all of AD history in some form or another.

In my opinion...

1. The perpetually existent Roman Empire idea isn't credible, because the belief requires that the Roman Empire to have existed ever since its western-half collapsed under attack and the eastern-half dissolved; it's hardly an "empire" if there is no emperor and no power. This type of view practically requires resulting in a "revived" Roman Empire...

2. The "revived" Roman Empire idea isn't credible, because the belief essentially seeks an exact copy of the first-century Roman Empire... in which case, why not just believe that the Revelation was speaking of the first-century Roman Empire?

You can probably see where I go with these conclusions;that the Revelation was prophesying about the first-century Roman Empire, which would make the appearance of the USA pretty much impossible. But I encourage you to research it for yourself and come to conclusions that are sound in your mind. [And, obviously, I'm available as a resource if you decide as much.]
          To This Day

Comment

Well, just to give you a direction to research, it's almost universally agreed amongst secular Biblical scholars that the Roman Empire is the beast described in the Revelation, and a very large number of Christians believe the same.

The difference is the secular scholars agree that it is the first-century Roman Empire being described, while Christians generally agree that the Roman Empire being viewed is a "revived" Empire, or that the real Roman Empire never even collapsed, but that it existed throughout all of AD history in some form or another.

In my opinion...

1. The perpetually existent Roman Empire idea isn't credible, because the belief requires that the Roman Empire to have existed ever since its western-half collapsed under attack and the eastern-half dissolved; it's hardly an "empire" if there is no emperor and no power. This type of view practically requires resulting in a "revived" Roman Empire...

2. The "revived" Roman Empire idea isn't credible, because the belief essentially seeks an exact copy of the first-century Roman Empire... in which case, why not just believe that the Revelation was speaking of the first-century Roman Empire?

You can probably see where I go with these conclusions;that the Revelation was prophesying about the first-century Roman Empire, which would make the appearance of the USA pretty much impossible. But I encourage you to research it for yourself and come to conclusions that are sound in your mind. [And, obviously, I'm available as a resource if you decide as much.]
            Thanks Mark!
            but you have not answered: "Who said the USA is even in the Bible?"

Comment

To be honest, the only prophecy teacher that I know of who teaches that the USA is in Biblical prophecy is Ronald Weinland, but he has proven himself to be a false prophet dozens of times, so he's not even worth listening to.
              To This Day

Comment

No, IMO.

Originally posted by Partaker of Christ View Post

The reason that you cannot make war with it is because the beast is not a country. It is a sociological event. The world will try one world government, only to see it fail miserably.

I don't think it will fall ever. Though it may be weakened. Babylon is New York City, and the beast is the UN and someday the whole world will be under them.
                Remember that our own congressional members were complicit in the economic downfall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

The UN will end the ability of the individual country to keep a military. What is peaceful about removing the only things that keep the peace in the world?
                No, Israel has become, at least politically, a part of the beast already, by outlawing the death penalty.

True. But only because we have private firearms and a death penalty.
                JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
                JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                  The reason that you cannot make war with it is because the beast is not a country. It is a sociological event. The world will try one world government, only to see it fail miserably.

I don't think it will fall ever. Though it may be weakened. Babylon is New York City, and the beast is the UN and someday the whole world will be under them.
                  Remember that our own congressional members were complicit in the economic downfall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

The UN will end the ability of the individual country to keep a military. What is peaceful about removing the only things that keep the peace in the world?
                  No, Israel has become, at least politically, a part of the beast already, by outlawing the death penalty.

True. But only because we have private firearms and a death penalty.

Many of my friends & family members also share this (or similar) view. But I don't see where it fits with scripture.

To me, it seems to be based on misinterpretation & unnecessary modernization of the text, placing most of the prophecies of Revelation in the 21st century.
                  In order to make it work in a futuristic sense, a person has to ignore the timeframe that John was implying when he used words such as "Soon" and "Near" and "At Hand".

Can I ask you what it is that prompts you to read it this way?
                  I'm always interested in the reasons why we all believe what we believe.
                  Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Comment

The Vatican

Would you make war with the Vatican and those inside, would you make war with Rome or the Pope. If you were to ask me I would have to say no. We are living in the last days, this is it for all and forever, a darkness is forming to cloud mens minds, and our Lord and Savior will be coming, its just around the corner. Maybe not this Papist
                    may be the next, scripture teaches he will sit in the Jewish temple and the world won't have a clue because that
                    darkness will cloud their minds. Have a look at this and see what you think, I came by it not that long ago. The King Is Coming; Hallelujah!!

Jude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcPq4...eature=related
                    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes...

Originally posted by markdrums View Post
                      Many of my friends & family members also share this (or similar) view. But I don't see where it fits with scripture.

To me, it seems to be based on misinterpretation & unnecessary modernization of the text, placing most of the prophecies of Revelation in the 21st century.
                      In order to make it work in a futuristic sense, a person has to ignore the timeframe that John was implying when he used words such as "Soon" and "Near" and "At Hand".

Can I ask you what it is that prompts you to read it this way?
                      I'm always interested in the reasons why we all believe what we believe.
                      ...I have wished it were easier to see.

The first indication was Jeremiah:

JER 6:23 They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel, and have no mercy; their voice roareth like the sea; and they ride upon horses, set in array as men for war against thee, O daughter of Zion.

Then there was Daniel:

DAN 11:22 And the arms of the fighter shall be overcome before his face, and shall be broken; yea also the prince of the covenant. (Douay)

Arms and the Prince in the same sentence? Amazing!

Isaiah helped:

IS 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

IS 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

And Amos:

AMOS 9:10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

And Zecharia:

ZECH 13:3 And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.
                      ZECH 13:4 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive:
                      ZECH 13:5 But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.
                      ZECH 13:6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.
                      ZECH 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
                      ZECH 13:8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

Only one third of believers left in the end? Because they did not know the word of God?

MT 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

MT 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

MT 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                      MT 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

LK 3:14 And soldiers also asked him, saying, And we, what must we do? And he said unto them, Extort from no man by violence, neither accuse `any one' wrongfully; and be content with your wages.(The Bible In Basic English)

LK 11:21 When a strong man armed keepeth his court, those things are in peace which he possesseth.

LK 19:42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things [which belong] unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.

LK 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

ACTS 13:40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;
                      ACTS 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

ROM 3:8 Let us not, "do evil so that good may come", a statement which we are falsely said by some to have made, because such behaviour will have its right punishment. (Bible In Basic English)

ROM 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

But the straw that broke the camel's back was Rev. 13:

REV 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
                      REV 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
                      REV 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
                      REV 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
                      REV 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
                      REV 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
                      REV 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
                      REV 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

REV 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

REV 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

These blew me away because in all of history there has never been a person that had survived a weapon induced head wound that was famous and had spoken against God's Word. Until a certain US President had a certain PAC figurehead over to rededicate the White House Press Room in the figureheads name.

Also, I discovered that it was nearly impossible to survive a deadly head wound before WWI. The technology just wasn't available.
                      JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
                      JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

We see Babylon in the midst of a wilderness.

The USA and all other countries are not even around at the time of Babylon rising. Note the inhabinants believe this king of this city is God.

WHO COULD MAKE WAR WITH HIM?

Comment

The answer is found in Daniel 7: 3 where the lion/GB loses his Eagle’s wings the USA alliance partner.
                          They will split up after attacking the Higher horn that comes up last which is Iran in Daniel 8: 3 – 8.

Dan 8: Verses 17 and 19 tells us the time of these events and verse 20 states the word ‘Grecia’ which is from the word YAVAN 3120 whose descendens represent the Western Gentile nations see Geneses 10: 4, 5.
                          Verse 21 mentions the first king/leader and we know who the first king/leader of the Western Gentile nations is.

In Daniel 7: 3 – 7. The lion stands alone after losing it Alliance partner the USA and now the power vacuum allows Russia/bear to rise along with the leopard and the fourth beast most terrible to fill it until the second advent in Daniel 7: 27.
                          Sorry it was so short but I need some rest.
                          PC

Comment

Daniel 7 tells us of the beast that will be on earth at the time of the Antichrist (little horn). Daniel tells us that these beasts are Nations/kings/Kingdoms (Dan 7:17-18) that will be on the earth just prior to Jesus return.

Daniel says these beasts (kingdoms) are; Lion with Eagles wings –Bear-Leopard. It is interesting to note that these animal symbols are linked to Nations today.;

The national animal symbols are;
                            Lion=England
                            Eagle = USA
                            Bear= Russia
                            Leopard = Germany.

What is interesting is that in Daniel, just prior to the little horn (antichrist) these beasts are shown as separate, but when we get to Revelation 13 these beasts are shown as joined together (as in a One world Government). Within Revelation 13 the Eagles wings are no longer depicted within the prophecy.
                            If the Eagles wings represent the USA, then why are they no longer depicted. The eagles wings were depicted in Daniel 7, but not depicted in the One World Government of Rev 13…WHY? Will the USA no longer be a supper power? Will the USA not be a part of the One World Government. We know that the beast find opposition…Will the USA be that opposition?

Could it be that the USA helps Israel and are the Eagle wings of Rev 12?
                            Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Time will tell, but between Daniel 7 and Rev 13 is the answer of the Nations (Kingdoms) of the end time.
                            Wise men
                            still seek Him
                            ---------------------------
                            * 1 cross
                            + 3 nails
                            = 4 given
                            ------------------

It is best to;
                            Build your belief around the bible
                            Do Not build the bible around your belief !!!!
                            You will then find yourself on solid ground.[/color]

Comment

I am not a prophesy teacher, but I do think the USA is the harlot that rides the beast. I think the beast emerges out of the Middle East, and oil is the financial component that enriches the harlot. I also think that the seven mountain ranges that lay with in our boarder are the seven hills, and there will be a series of seven presidents who are the seven kings prior to the rise of the AC. I do think the AC will emerge outside the USA and he will hate the harlot along with his ten kings and plunder the harlot just as the Bible says. I feel that the USA was a wilderness back in John’s day which is just one of many signs that point to our existence in the Bible.
                              I think I better explain in detail because I have said a lot.

First of all the seven hills are a reference to seven mountain ranges.
                              1. The Rocky Mountains
                              2. The Appalachian Mountains
                              3. The Sierra Nevada
                              4. The Cascades
                              5. The Brooks Range
                              6. The Alaska Range
                              7. The Coast Range

The Ozark’s can not be considered as a mountain range especially when looking at the scale of the other mountain ranges. They are at best foothills with its tallest peak at about 2500 feet. The region is actually a high and deeply dissected plateau. They actually form what is known as the U.S. interior highlands.

The Seven kings in revelation 17:10 are a series of seven presidents IMO. The reason it is a series of seven presidents is because at some point our country changes its theme of governing. The USA was founded on jewdeo Christian values, but over time it has or will morphed into a government that does not reflect the true heart of its founders. For instance, look at Governor Blagojevich who sold a Senate seat to the highest bidder. I know this is a very minor incident in relation to a biblical text but never the less it shows how low our leadership in government has become, and he is the only one who got caught. Think of the countless lobbyists who constantly manipulate our system to enrich their organization. Our Government will in the not so near distant future legalize gay marriage. When our founders established the freedom of religion with in our constitution, their whole mindset was focused on how Europe was torn apart between the catholic and protestant movement, and they did not want that division to spread here. They tolerated other religions, but 99% of the people were either a catholic or a protestant. People went to church all day on Sundays. When they celebrated Thanksgiving, they were giving thanks to our God not every other god they dream up today. I think everyone can see the migration from Christian values with in our country. Our country now fights harder for the rights of atheistic values than it does for God. And I think all those other religions are from satan.

There will be a delineation mark in our government which separates those seven presidents from all the rest. I could only guess right now, but I feel certain that will we understand it when God’s plan is revealed to all. I want to take a minute to let everyone here know that I do love the great things that this country has done for all humanity. I am not out to bash the good ole’ USA at all, in fact our history has been filled with some extraordinary things we have done to improve the well being of all men. And I really hope that people do understand that I am not putting the USA on trial here for her “sins in the past” like Reverend Wright. In fact I can fill page after page of great things that I am so pleased with within the USA. And this is the reason I think the seven kings are mention in the bible. It is under the seven kings’ reign that this country turns away from God and towards satan.

I just want to mention a few other passages from Rev 17 that fits our involvement in the end times.

First of all The mystery Woman is referred to as a city. Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. Ronald Reagan referred to The USA as being the shining city on the hill in one of his famous speeches. And our way of government is modeled after the old city states of Greece. What better way to tag a future government as a city from John’s knowledge of history. Democracy was not around 2000 years ago, and the only way they identified with it was from the Greek city states.

NLT Revelation 17:1 ¶ One of the seven angels who had poured out the seven bowls came over and spoke to me. "Come with me," he said, "and I will show you the judgment that is going to come on the great prostitute, who rules over many waters.

There is no question that the USA sits on many waters. The Atlantic, the Pacific, The Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico, The Bering Sea, The Beaufort Sea, The Gulf of Alaska, The Great Lakes, and not to mention the waters that touch our territory in the Pacific Ie Guam, Palau and the Mariannes Islands.

Rev 17:6 I could see that she was drunk—drunk with the blood of God’s holy people who were witnesses for Jesus. I stared at her in complete amazement.

I can’t think of any other country that witnesses more for Christ than the USA. I know there are other countries that witness for Christ but the USA really puts forth a big effort to spread the word through local congregation, TV, and outreach ministries. This country was built on Jewdeo-Christian values. I have mixed emotions about this passage and it’s meaning, but never the less we do have a huge following for Christ here in the USA.

I just want to mention a couple of thought for those who follow the popular teaching that the CC is the harlot. The Catholic Church and the Protestants have been fighting for generations. It is only natural to villainies your opponent and what better way of doing it in Religion than to call the other Babylon. I have heard all the arguments naming them the harlot and they just all stack up short. I am a Protestant, but I can see the conflict between the sects. Don’t get me wrong, I think the Catholics are off center on their teaching but they can not fall in the category of Babylon. The Pope is just not that powerful. The Catholic Church does not control any Government. How many laws do you think the Pope can pass here in the USA? The answer is for certain none! People give their respect to the Pope, but they give their power to the Governments of the world. Can anyone imagine the Pope starting World War III? Now can anyone imagine the governments of the world starting World War III? The Pope constantly calls for peace in the world even today…. I know this is a whole other debate, but I just had to mention it. It is very unpopular to call the USA as the harlot mainly because there is a ton of money in the USA, and ministries want to collect money so they can flourish. If they call the CC the Harlot it will only be fueled by some in the protestant movement that can see all the sins of the CC. So there is a huge niche for that campaign. What I have said is very unpopular, and I know I will be looked down on by many. But when I compare a society that is trying to justifies Gay marriage, promotes many satanic religions over Christian views, a spiraling deterioration of values for many against a group that promotes Christian ideology, I have got to disbelieve those prophesy teachers no matter how they manipulate scripture.

I just want to close by saying that I am not perfect in my walk with the lord. I do my best to keep away from sin, and I am certain that many of you do a better job of obeying the Lord’s commands. I am saying this because I want everyone to know that I am not worthy to be considered a great leader for Christ so they can weigh what I have said appropriately.

God Bless and have a happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                              X