X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel at war

...what do you think?

tribulation near?

I look at Daniel 11:14 and see it as the Palestinians are the robbers that will fall.

At v21 is when the man of sin shows up as the "vile person".
    http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

... Thank you for beginning this string, I was just about to begin one on this topic. I run into folks constantly that inform me that they are a New Testament Christian and the idea just floors me. I have been saved for these past 19 years on this date Jan. 1 and for the past 18 years I have endeavored to study the Word of God and because of my seeking after Him the LORD has taught me many great and wonderful things. The short answer to your question is yes, the time of the Great Tribulation is just around the corner.
      ... We have been alerted in the scriptures to keep our eyes upon Israel for the sign of the time and I have become extremely interested in Ezekiel 37 through 39 in these last days. Of course we have seen the dead, dry bones come back to life when Israel was reborn in a single day in '48 and right this moment I do not know how anyone can restrain themselves from reading the Jerusalem Post on line today. We have Persia/Iran cursing Israel and swearing it's finale disposition and of course we witness the daily rocket barrages on, not IDF targets but on Israeli civilian homes and still people want to demand that Israel cease fire. The truth of the matter is that Israel has allowed many, many thousands of unanswered rockets to fall on their citizens without a single answering volley.
      ... If you need a crash course on this matter you might want to pick up a copy of The Ezekiel Option. I am normally a slow reader but I read through this 400 page novel based on current history and the Bible in just one week, it is a gripping, fictionalized account of what is about to occure.
      ... I hope that our Heavenly Father will bless this discussion and that many will ring in on this topic.

Comment

It is still too early for the man of sin. We haven't gone through the times of Danel 11:15-19 as to a great war period yet.

The man of sin will be a new ruler - that won't be over Iraq until first the ruler before him raises taxes.

kings of the north
        a great war - against Israel and Egypt

then he is gone
        can't be found
        but was trying to get back to his own land

then a raiser of taxes stands up in that guy's estate

then a vile person becomes the ruler in v21
        //here is the time of the man that will rule the world from Iraq and abominate the holy site

expect a dead king to be coming back to reign

John was shown a king that was -
        a beast was
        is not
        shall ascend out of the bottomless pit

--------------------

Who?
        Nebuchadnezzar

Comment

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
          It is still too early for the man of sin. We haven't gone through the times of Danel 11:15-19 as to a great war period yet.

The man of sin will be a new ruler - that won't be over Iraq until first the ruler before him raises taxes.

kings of the north

then he is gone
          can't be found

//here is the time of the man that will rule the world from Iraq and abominate the holy site

a beast was
          is not

--------------------

Who?
          Nebuchadnezzar
          can you point us to the chapter and verse where you are finding this about a "tax raiser" I 'm not sure I've read this before.

Comment

What I think is that war is wrong and anyone provoaking it is wrong as well. If the Jews are God's chosen people then why don't they come out in the media and protest their govt. like children of the U.S. did during Vietnam. Why are they persistent in building the 3rd temple? If it's God's will then it will happen. I don't understand enough of Israel but all I can think about are the people and children who do not want this. How can they get a wink of sleep with bombs hitting nearby. I felt the same for the people in Iraq as well. All I can image from any war is innocent children of God crying their eyes out in fear. My heart goes out to them 100%. I myself can hardly wait untill our true King, Jesus Christ comes to reign on earth and show his people how a true leader leads a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanM View Post
              What I think is that war is wrong and anyone provoaking it is wrong as well. If the Jews are God's chosen people then why don't they come out in the media and protest their govt. like children of the U.S. did during Vietnam. Why are they persistent in building the 3rd temple? If it's God's will then it will happen. I don't understand enough of Israel but all I can think about are the people and children who do not want this. How can they get a wink of sleep with bombs hitting nearby. I felt the same for the people in Iraq as well. All I can image from any war is innocent children of God crying their eyes out in fear. My heart goes out to them 100%. I myself can hardly wait untill our true King, Jesus Christ comes to reign on earth and show his people how a true leader leads a nation.

Hrms, War is wrong eh? So if war is wrong, then why did God tell Israel to drive out the inhabitants of the land? He told saul to literally kill the Amalekites and all they had. God even through his prophets said he'd bring judgement to iSrael through a foreign power (via war in effect). So why I agree blessed are the peacemakers according to Christ, I don't believe he was referring to War as we know it, and furthermore it is clear that God brings nation against nation to judge them for sin. The bible and history are littered with so many references I can't even begin to quote them. It is the auspice of government to protect their people and if necessary make war, it has always been that way and frankly, I find general pacifism to be ignoring the fact that God judges nations by other nations, often via war.

Would it be great if we could all live in peace? Sure it would, but as long as there is sin in this world, it won't happen. Not till Christ comes, and even then at the end of his Millenium reign in revelation again you see a final conflict. So, thus I will quote from ecclesiastes:

Ecclesiastes 3:1-10

1 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: 2 A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; 3 A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away; 7 A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak; 8 A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace. 9 What profit has the worker from that in which he labors? 10 I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to be occupied.

Comment

Well since I have heard a few of you ring in on this subject, I will throw in my 2 cents.

I first made a decision for Christ when I was 11 years of age but it never really sunk in too deep so my life didn't reflect Christ much at all. When I was 13 my dad checked out a book from the library about the end times (it was secular). He was talking all about it and I didn't understand but it got me thinking. I read a few articles online but I soon forgot about it. Fast forward a year or so later, and 9/11 hits...I was freaking out like man this is terrible, and I got my friends all scared because all of what I had read was coming out of me. I did some more research on the subject and I realized i needed to turn my life around, so I rededicated my life at 15 and have had my eye on the news and the end times prophecies ever since then.

Over the years, I have read the Bible and gained knowledge of end time prophecy...it was what woke me up so I studied and studied.

My findings are that over the years I have seen several pieces come together, just wonderfully floating into place. But now the signs which were once 6-8 months apart are now coming faster and faster, and with more intensity - a lot like birth pangs.

I foresaw a war with Israel coming on, but I never thought it would be this quick. My thoughts? If we are to be raptured before the tribulation, pack your bags because we are extremely near. If God's will is not to be raptured but rather to be counted worthy to suffer for His Name's sake, let us be ready and study our forefathers who died for Christ and spread the Gospel like never before!

The one thing I am expecting to see in the near future is the Russians, they will get involved and try to wipe Israel off the map, perhaps with China or some other nations.

Truly I believe we are here, brothers and sisters. Come Lord Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by JesusMySavior View Post
                  My findings are that over the years I have seen several pieces come together, just wonderfully floating into place. But now the signs which were once 6-8 months apart are now coming faster and faster, and with more intensity - a lot like birth pangs.
                  Hi, JesusMySavior! I have been studying Bible prophecy for many years, and I am seeing the same thing you are--that the signs are coming faster and faster and with more intensity. I wake up in the morning and I can hardly wait to see what the news around the world is that points us toward Christ's return. Things are happening fast!

Comment

... Brian, you might think I'm getting personal but in reality I am not. Having said that there are points that are best made from personal experience and I have that to fall back on. You must surely be the son or grandson of the rather foolish person that spit in my face as I exited the cab at the Frisco Airport. He was guilty of a very foolish act and you have not researched the subject of which you speak.
                    ... There is one town, of several towns, in southern Israel that has been sleeping in bunkers since before Hamas won the election. In that one town alone there have been over eight thousand rockets fired at their homes, schools and hospital that went without a single answering bullet or round of any other kind for the Israeli Army.
                    ... Now, suppose the American government were to give Houston to the Arabs there because they wanted a home to call their own. Two months later these same Arabs begin firing rocket at my home in Magnolia. Do you honestly expect me to be so in love with them that I will let them murder my wife, children and friends? That is exactly what the Israelis have been doing and I'll tell you honestly, I would have attack long ago. I have spent months sleeping in bunkers because the enemy could not be located quickly enough and I have found my best friend in the world scattered like hambuger meat because he took it in the chest.
                    ... May God alwaays bless Israel, just as He has promised.

Comment

You do realize when Jesus comes he is going to kill a ton of people right?

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
                        Hi, JesusMySavior! I have been studying Bible prophecy for many years, and I am seeing the same thing you are--that the signs are coming faster and faster and with more intensity. I wake up in the morning and I can hardly wait to see what the news around the world is that points us toward Christ's return. Things are happening fast!
                        It does seem that way but it could be that since the media and internet we get information much faster now. As much as this interests me and I see allot of parrallels with the economy, governments, and world situation. I'd hate to be like the many other generations that ran around going THE END IS NEAR!!!.

I have to admit, the news lately has a certian end times feel to it though.

Comment

JesusMySavior I am 100% with you on this I have been telling people to look for this for over a year....it is very near

Comment

Originally posted by Veretax View Post
                            can you point us to the chapter and verse where you are finding this about a "tax raiser" I 'm not sure I've read this before.
                            I'm looking at Daniel 11:20. Many think this whole section of prophecy is over- but I can't believe that.

I believe we are in Daniel 11:14 right now, so the robbers part is about to take its next step. This step is that they will fall.

Daniel 11:14
                            "And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south...."
                            <king of the south = Egypt

This one verse so many try to make out as a huge war with other nations or such and Egypt. But - I have problems with that interpretation as

the south - doesn't get any army size mentioned for it

This whole chapter has been about informing us what happens during one king and his multitude to the next one.

Yet - v14 - contains only the mention of a ruler.
                            So - what if this is about the assassination of Anwar Sadat - making it happened back in 1981?

So v14 is for our day.

It contains the prophecy about Anwar Sadat and then what is next as I see it?

(11:14)
                            "And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people..."

"those times"
                            "many stand up against the king of the south"

now we add this part "robbers of thy people"

robbers - means - violent -murderers
                            of Israel

What were they to do?

"shall exalt themselves"

This group of violent people would declare themselves a nation.

The world doesn't see it that way- they were to do this task independently.
                            a self - type of declaration

Thus - the robbers are the Palestinians.
                            declared independence - Nov. 15,1988

and now they must fall

v15 - requires a king - "the king of the north" to come to the land of Israel

He will come to the land where the robbers fell.
                            He will take the most fenced cities.
                            (Israel has been bulding fences in her land/ trying to shield herself from the mean actions of the Palestinians)

War begins big time! - But things begin to change later and in v 20 we move to a new king of the north.

"Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes..."

v21
                            "And in his estate shall stand up a vile person..."
                            (this one is the man of sin)

So I expect the Palestinians to fall soon (which will move us from v14 to v15 - and Iraq to come and take the land of Israel).
                            There will not be strength to withstand - for either Israel or Egypt.

This is the exact timing I believed it would happen - because we know that Jesus told us in Matthew 24:7-8 about the beginning of sorrows.

Okay, now here is what I think we are to do with that thought. Head back to Daniel chapter 10:14.

"Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days..."

Daniel 11:14 also has those as"thy people" being mentioned.

What if the being wanted Daniel to link these two parts together?

as in - thy people - latter days

Daniel 11:14
                            "...thy people..."

Begin the latter days - as starting right here.
                            Verse 14 begins the latter days story.

Watch for these things in the endtimes.

Verse 12 was not the endtimes - Verse 4 - but - begin it with v14. This verse is also linked to v13 -for it has "In those times"

v13
                            "....after certain years with a great army..."
                            I believe this is about Saddam Hussein.//1979

v14 = 1981
                            and Nov. 15, 1988 (beginning of sorrows)
                            and the other date yet to happen - the fall of the Palestinians

then we'll find out the date of the king of the north shall come

v16
                            "...shall do according to his own will...."

Okay, now let me add in one thought more to this time I believe that we are experiencing.
                            Daniel 10:14 - where the being comes to explain stuff to Daniel. Okay, back up to the start of that chapter. Daniel had been shown a vision and he mourned for three full weeks.

Is that time of mourning a clue for his readers?
                            Are we to know that he saw a vision - then mourned for the length of time the vision will take to unfold?

as in - the time of that vision on Israel = takes three full weeks - or 21 years

Daniel 10:1-2_____________Daniel 11:14
                            (the very same vision time)
                            We know the being told him it is in the latter days - We know that it is to befall "thy people". We also find the word "vision" in Daniel 11:14.

So let Daniel 11:14 begin the story of what Daniel saw that made him so sad at the start of chapter 10.

As in - from the time of the robbers - the Palestinans exalted themselves - to the time they fall is 21 years.

so - Nov. 15, 1988 - to 2009

This means the war with Iraq has to fit in here yet too.
                            So till about August of this year.

The Iraqi ruler will come and take Israel - but eventually we get to v18 and a prince turns on him - and then things turn against the king of the north (which I see as a ruler of Iraq).

Comment

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post

kings of the north

then he is gone
                              can't be found

a beast was
                              is not

--------------------

Who?
                              Nebuchadnezzar

I have to pose a question here.
                              How is Nebuchadnezzar related in any way to Revelation?

In order for that to happen, he would have to be re-incarnated. Which isn't a viable option.

And to comment on the original post/ question which was:

"...what do you think?
                              tribulation near? "

Take a look again at what John says in the very beginning of Revelation.
                              -Rev 1:1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified [it] by his angel unto his servant John:

So, these things were to be on the verge of happening very soon from the time John wrote this.
                              And continuing on a couple verses, pay attention to a key point:

Rev 1:9I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

John was writing TO the seven churches in Asia, (Rev 1:4) - and was telling THEM that the time was near, and that He personally was a companion in tribulation.

So, taking the passages in context, I'd say the current situation with Israel has nothing to do with Revelation.
                              Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X