Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are the tribulation martyrs the ones who will reign in the millennium?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discussion are the tribulation martyrs the ones who will reign in the millennium?

    are these..

    Revelation 14:13Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on."

    these..

    Revelation 20:4..And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

  • #2
    are those in Rev14:13 the same as those in Rev 20:4

    title should more accurately read as above

    Comment


    • #3
      See how there are two groups in that verse?
      ------------------
      Rev. 20:4 they - and then the tribulation martyrs

      "And I saw thrones, and they sat...and [I saw]...them that were beheaded..."
      http://prophecyinsights.com

      Comment


      • #4
        John has already told us further back something as to the "they" people.

        -----------
        Skip back to 19:14 where "armies" come down from heaven.
        ----------------
        Then see how only a single (one) army goes to the battle?

        -----------------
        Rev. 19:19
        "...to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army."
        --------------
        "they sat" - in Rev. 20
        His army sits to reign in Rev. 20.
        After John saw this from the battle army of saints - he then saw that the great tribulation martyrs (the other army that came from heaven back in v14) will join them.
        http://prophecyinsights.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by shootingdead View Post
          title should more accurately read as above

          Yes those of Rev. 14 that die for the Lord are the great tribulation saints of Rev. 20:4 - and they join the rest of the saints to reign for the 1000 years.

          In Rev. 14 comes the time for the Lord to reap the earth - harvest time.
          -------------
          resurrection of the saints
          rapture
          7th trumpet time

          Before the vials begin to get poured out.
          http://prophecyinsights.com

          Comment


          • #6
            You haven't replied, so I guess my comments weren't what you were looking for.
            ---------------

            So I'll leave this thread -and just want to note that at the start of Rev. 19 - begins a new section.

            "after"

            So take Rev. 19 and spilt it apart from chapter 18.

            [Rev. 18.....]

            "And after these things"
            [Rev. 19........20.........]

            Then note at what point Rev. 19 opens - What word is being said that ties in with Hebrews 9:28?

            Salvation

            ------------it is time for Jesus Christ to appear.
            http://prophecyinsights.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
              See how there are two groups in that verse?
              ------------------
              Rev. 20:4 they - and then the tribulation martyrs

              "And I saw thrones, and they sat...and [I saw]...them that were beheaded..."
              i deliberately did not include in the verses quoted in the opening post the first part of 20:4 because i was not referring to this group.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
                John has already told us further back something as to the "they" people.

                -----------
                Skip back to 19:14 where "armies" come down from heaven.
                ----------------
                Then see how only a single (one) army goes to the battle?

                -----------------
                Rev. 19:19
                "...to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army."
                --------------
                "they sat" - in Rev. 20
                His army sits to reign in Rev. 20.
                After John saw this from the battle army of saints - he then saw that the great tribulation martyrs (the other army that came from heaven back in v14) will join them.
                i cannot see that Rev 20 mentions or makes any inference to the army in chapter 19 that you seem to be saying is there, please can you elaborate on this?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
                  Yes those of Rev. 14 that die for the Lord are the great tribulation saints of Rev. 20:4 - and they join the rest of the saints to reign for the 1000 years.

                  In Rev. 14 comes the time for the Lord to reap the earth - harvest time.
                  -------------
                  resurrection of the saints
                  rapture
                  7th trumpet time

                  Before the vials begin to get poured out.
                  again i cannot see where it says the rest of the saints are in the 1000 years. on the contrary it says 'The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.'

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
                    You haven't replied, so I guess my comments weren't what you were looking for.
                    ---------------

                    So I'll leave this thread -and just want to note that at the start of Rev. 19 - begins a new section.

                    "after"

                    So take Rev. 19 and spilt it apart from chapter 18.

                    [Rev. 18.....]

                    "And after these things"
                    [Rev. 19........20.........]

                    Then note at what point Rev. 19 opens - What word is being said that ties in with Hebrews 9:28?

                    Salvation

                    ------------it is time for Jesus Christ to appear.
                    give me a chance please i haven't been away from my computer very long, your comments are appreciated thanks. even if chapter 20 continues from chapter 19 does it necessarily mean that the army in 19 are present with those martyred in the tribulation in the millennium in chapter 20?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Revelation 19:14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

                      are 'the armies of heaven' saints? could they be angels?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by shootingdead View Post
                        Revelation 19:14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

                        are 'the armies of heaven' saints? could they be angels?
                        We are told in 19:7-8, who the saints are in v14, the saved, resurrected in Christ, immortal/incorruptible.


                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shootingdead View Post
                          Revelation 19:14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

                          are 'the armies of heaven' saints? could they be angels?
                          What are we apart from the body, spirits. Are angels not spirits? Yes.

                          This is why some text says angels and others say saints. Same group.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
                            We are told in 19:7-8, who the saints are in v14, the saved, resurrected in Christ, immortal/incorruptible.
                            where does it say this?

                            Revelation 19:7Let us rejoice and be glad
                            and give him glory!
                            For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
                            and his bride has made herself ready.
                            8Fine linen, bright and clean,
                            was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)


                            it doesn't mention saved, resurrected or immortal/incorruptible?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                              What are we apart from the body, spirits. Are angels not spirits? Yes.

                              This is why some text says angels and others say saints. Same group.
                              thanks presumably souls are part of the body? do you think when it says about the ones who are brought back to life in the 1000 years that this means these are the only ones who are given new bodies at that time?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X