• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times did Daniel watch the little horn? Daniel 7

???????????????????????????????

Let me know what you find.
    http://prophecyinsights.com

No, NO...it is not three of the ten - look again! - 3 of first

If we stick to the Bible - Daniel wrote that 3 of the first get plucked up.
    So carefully read and read and read and read the chapter till you discover that Daniel did not see ten horns first.

How many horns did he watch and then saw the little horn speaking?

Comment

You started three threads in the space of eight minutes... and at least two of them talk about the same topic. Why not just make one thread and touch on all points instead of breaking it apart?
      To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
        You started three threads in the space of eight minutes... and at least two of them talk about the same topic. Why not just make one thread and touch on all points instead of breaking it apart?

Because I'm trying to get people to stop and really do some thinking about what actually happens in Daniel 7.
        ----------
        We have to realize that Daniel saw more than one vision in Daniel 7.
        Daniel saw the little horn two times.
        Okay, why is this so vital to know?
        ---------because the little horn plucks up three of the first horns seen.

Since the little horn was watched twice by Daniel, then we have to find out how many horns did he see with the little horn the first time.

We know that four great beasts were seen at the start of the chapter.
        V 7 is where we understand the second vision of the night's story has started.

v 2
        "...saw in my vision by night..."
        -------------
        v 7
        "After this I saw in the night visions..."
        ----------
        v 13
        "I saw in the night visions...."

total tally for that night?
        3 visions
        (in 2 of them - - - Daniel watched the little horn with a mouthy mouth show up)

Comment

Re: How many times did Daniel watch the little horn? Daniel 7

He watched him once in Dan 7:4, then again in verses 8,11,20-21, but 'not' the Diverse horn of verses 24-26 which is his direct adversary. (while one is destroying the other is being destroyed) Then he is in 8:3,20,11:2 (the fourth) and 11:36-40. And is in II Thes 2:8 (but not verses 3-7, because again this is his adversary) and are the first two Horses and their riders in Rev 2-4 and while ne is Mystery Babylon of Rev Ch's 17-18, the little horn (the devil) is fulfilling Rev ch's 12-13.

Comment

And how does this help me live my Christian life today?
            Some people are offended that the Sovereign God, because He loved man so much and wanted to be in an intimate relationship with his creation, gave Man a free will to respond to God's grace, offered to all. They are offended that God is God as God chooses to be, not as they choose for God to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stew Ward's Hip View Post
              And how does this help me live my Christian life today?
              How does hanging out in ETC help you with same? (you do seem to hang out here a bit... just sayin' )

How does "reading Numbers chapter 1" help you with same? Or do you totally avoid doing that because it doesn't seem quite "practical enough" I wonder... (just askin )

Adding this: I haven't read the thread, but then again, why would I have... it had been long buried, before today...

Comment

Originally posted by Jodysephus View Post
                [while]... the little horn (the devil) is fulfilling Rev ch's 12-13.
                Doesn't Revelation 13:2 say that "and the dragon [which is Satan/the devil, right?] gave him [beast rise up out of the sea] his power, and his seat, and great authority"... so don't you think this shows a distinction between "the devil" and "the beast"? Or are you saying something different?

Comment

No, your right, there is a big distinction between the Beasts and the Horns. (which one is the devil) The Beasts are super-power Nations and the Horns is always referring to Kings or Rulers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jodysephus View Post
                    No, your right, there is a big distinction between the Beasts and the Horns. (which one is the devil) The Beasts are super-power Nations and the Horns is always referring to Kings or Rulers.
                    So in Revelation 13, I can see a distinction between "beast" [rise up out of the sea] and "[given...] a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies" which I see as the individual (Daniel 7's "another little horn" in vv.8,11,20b-21 "more stout than his fellows",24 "diverse [king]",25).

In Revelation 19:20, "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet... These BOTH/TWO were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone"... do you see this "both/two" as meaning the "super-power nations" along with the "false prophet,"? Or what? (and, what about the horn, then? which you say is the devil... the beast is cast into... but not the horn [yet], you mean?)

Comment

Almost, other than his 'fellows' are his direct neighbors that he is much more powerful than because he too is the leader of the Dan 7:4 Beast, and not the Diverse Horn. All '12' of them are Islamic and that is 'their' foundation just like the Twelve Tribes of Israel are to us.
                      Right, the entire Beastly conglomeration of Nations, (Dan 7:7, Rev 6:8) but only after Jesus has separated the Sheep from the Goats. The devil is only bound for a thousand years, but then afterwards will join the Beast and the false prophet in the lake of fire.

Comment

So what might be your take on Isaiah 24:21-22 (as I see it as parallel with Revelation 19:19 [16:14-16], 19:20 and chpt 20):

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days [this I see as the 1000 years] shall they be visited/punished.

23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

It says "they shall be shut up in the prison," and then later "punished"... so how might this relate to what you are saying of the "super-power nations" [i.e. "the beast" ("cast into the lake of fire," Rev19:20--whereas Satan is "cast into the bottomless pit" [Rev 20:3] for the 1000 yrs)] as you call them?

And I'm not really understanding what you are saying about the distinctions you see in Daniel 7? (I might even view it the same, but I'm not comprehending your points so it's hard for me to tell exactly, just yet).

Comment

Originally posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
                          How does hanging out in ETC help you with same? (you do seem to hang out here a bit... just sayin' )

How does "reading Numbers chapter 1" help you with same? Or do you totally avoid doing that because it doesn't seem quite "practical enough" I wonder... (just askin )

Adding this: I haven't read the thread, but then again, why would I have... it had been long buried, before today...
                          Helps me with insomnia and provides many illustrations of how not to read the bible...

And numbers 1 is great when you remember that having a separate priesthood was a second best fix that God didn't originate but worked with because of the hardness of their hearts.
                          Some people are offended that the Sovereign God, because He loved man so much and wanted to be in an intimate relationship with his creation, gave Man a free will to respond to God's grace, offered to all. They are offended that God is God as God chooses to be, not as they choose for God to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stew Ward's Hip View Post
                            Helps me with insomnia and provides many illustrations of how not to read the bible...

And numbers 1 is great when you remember that having a separate priesthood was a second best fix that God didn't originate but worked with because of the hardness of their hearts.
                            Hey then we are the same! I feel the same way about many areas of study throughout the Bible, including the area of eschatology. There's none of it that doesn't "help" in our daily life in some way, IMO. Now, listening to someone drone on and on about untruths is a wholly separate matter...
                            (Discussing ideas between and among believers can sometimes be helpful, when the opportunity arises and one has the time to attend to it, don't you think? )

Comment

Sorry Bro not avoiding your questions, but i kinda got bombarded with folks this weekend. Will try to get back to you later tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X