What are you looking forward to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you looking forward to?

Hello, everyone! I know sometimes we spend a lot of time on debates of issues, so I thought maybe we could set that aside for just a moment and share with each other the things we're most looking forward to experiencing when we're at last with Jesus in heaven or during the Millennial Kingdom or when the New Heavens/New Earth are made.

For example, I am looking forward to tasting that perfect, crystal-clear water that flows in the New Jerusalem. I love water--I'm a guzzler in fact. The colder, the better. I can hardly wait to taste the real thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the place that Jesus is building for me in the New Jerusalem. I keep sending Him ideas for taking into consideration as He builds it--probably very silly of me, but I know He listens with love and knows more about my desires than I do. I know that what He builds is going to be a million times better than anything that I could dream up. Sometimes I watch the Home Makeover tv show and see the people entering their new homes for the first time and how emotional they are and how extremely awed by what they see. Could that be similar to what we'll be experiencing when we get our first look inside our new homes?

And I'm looking forward to talking with a hero of mine from history--Adrienne de la Fayette. I have lots of questions I'd like to ask her, and most importantly I want to find out if her husband came to know Jesus, as she believed and had faith that he one day would.

Anyway, there are a lot more things I'm looking forward to, but these are just a few at the tip of the iceberg. Please feel free to share your own list of things you're hoping for. It's good to have hope and to build each other up and to take a bit of time out from debate.

I am most looking for a hug from my Savior. Then I want to see all the people that surprised me because I was so judgmental.
    Matthew 16:26

http://letthemplaytheirinstruments.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Borean View Post
      I am most looking for a hug from my Savior. Then I want to see all the people that surprised me because I was so judgmental.
      Won't that be exquisitely beautiful when we see Jesus face to face and we can get that hug we are longing for? I'm looking forward to it too, Borean!

Comment

Here's a couple more things I'm most looking forward to:

1. The biggest concert event of all time! Can you imagine the celebrations we'll be having? I'm hoping we'll get a huge concert from our favorite music artists--all with perfect voices, perfect instruments, perfect acoustics...Ah, the music will be heavenly! Here's another thought too...wouldn't it be exciting to see something like the great historic composer Bach jamming with someone popular today like the Newsboys or DC Talk?

2. Salsa!!!!! I make my own salsa (it's easy to do--just puree 1 cup each of tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions, plus 2 cloves garlic, several leaves of cilantro, and enough salt to your liking), and every time I make it, I think about how perfect it will taste when I make it with the vegetables grown in the new world. Imagine perfect red tomatoes! I think vegetables taste pretty nice in this fallen world--I can't wait to taste them in their perfect state!

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
          Hello, everyone! I know sometimes we spend a lot of time on debates of issues, so I thought maybe we could set that aside for just a moment and share with each other the things we're most looking forward to experiencing when we're at last with Jesus in heaven or during the Millennial Kingdom or when the New Heavens/New Earth are made.

For example, I am looking forward to tasting that perfect, crystal-clear water that flows in the New Jerusalem. I love water--I'm a guzzler in fact. The colder, the better. I can hardly wait to taste the real thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the place that Jesus is building for me in the New Jerusalem. I keep sending Him ideas for taking into consideration as He builds it--probably very silly of me, but I know He listens with love and knows more about my desires than I do. I know that what He builds is going to be a million times better than anything that I could dream up. Sometimes I watch the Home Makeover tv show and see the people entering their new homes for the first time and how emotional they are and how extremely awed by what they see. Could that be similar to what we'll be experiencing when we get our first look inside our new homes?

And I'm looking forward to talking with a hero of mine from history--Adrienne de la Fayette. I have lots of questions I'd like to ask her, and most importantly I want to find out if her husband came to know Jesus, as she believed and had faith that he one day would.

Anyway, there are a lot more things I'm looking forward to, but these are just a few at the tip of the iceberg. Please feel free to share your own list of things you're hoping for. It's good to have hope and to build each other up and to take a bit of time out from debate.

hi wombat.

i am looking forward to the holyness of people. when you look in there eyes, and only truth comes from it. There will be no sin, abselutely NO sin. How womderfull will that be.
          The rest will be a bonus.

bennie

Comment

looking forward

Funny that you have brought that up, as I was just praying about that the other night.
            The first thing I look forward to is seeing Lord Jesus and getting my first touch, a hug, or a touch on my head or a squeeze of my hand.
            The second thing I look forward to is seeing my great grandma - I know we can't use names, so I won't, but she knows who she is and that I have missed her so terribly. I also look to see my grandpa, he raised me and did a very good job of it.
            For me - If I had these 3 things and heaven turned out to be a cardboard box until all of the bad stuff was over I would be forever grateful.
            I just want to be with Jesus.
            I don't want to be surrounded by what has become of world - not all of it is bad, as there are good Christian people around me and I love the earth that God has made for us to live on, but as of late, it has been changed by a strange shadow, can't quite put my finger on it, but it is there.
            Only Christ holds the light on us while we are still down here waiting for him.
            Anyhow, that is what I look forward to, anything else would be icing on the cake for me.
            Love and Peace

Comment

Funny I should read this about Home in Heaven...for the past few months I've been dreaming about the home I want down here....but I also know that it will eventually become 'four walls' because no matter what possessions we have we sooner or later out grow them and desire something else....that's the human side of us. But, even though we desire certain things there's always something that will remind us that we are only here temporarily.

Comment

Oblivion. Just closing my eyes and being done with everything.

Comment

Wow Wombat,
                  This was a great post.

What I'm looking forward to the most is seeing Christ in all his glory. I know there will be no more tears, but I'm sure I will cry for pure joy!

I'm also looking forward to walking along the golden road, and breathing in the beauty of the surroundings. Not ever worrying about wars, violence, or anything.

I'm looking forward to praising & worshipping our Lord face to face!

"We Shall Behold Him!" - Sandi Patti --- (Now I'll not get that song out of my head for the next week!)

PTL
                  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." -- Philippians 4:13
                  My Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by bennie View Post
                    hi wombat. i am looking forward to the holyness of people. when you look in there eyes, and only truth comes from it. There will be no sin, abselutely NO sin. How womderfull will that be.
                    The rest will be a bonus. bennie
                    That will indeed be wonderful, Bennie! Nothing for anyone to hide, nothing for anyone to fear from one another.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmac View Post
                      The second thing I look forward to is seeing my great grandma - I know we can't use names, so I won't, but she knows who she is and that I have missed her so terribly. I also look to see my grandpa, he raised me and did a very good job of it.
                      Can you imagine the incredible family reunions, Ktmac? We'll be reunited with family members we've been missing, we'll be meeting ancestors who we didn't maybe even know existed, and some of us will even find children or grandchildren that have been carried by God's hands, innocents that did not survive their short time on earth, eager to be loved and surrounded by a harmonious family.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking the Walk View Post
                        Funny I should read this about Home in Heaven...for the past few months I've been dreaming about the home I want down here....but I also know that it will eventually become 'four walls' because no matter what possessions we have we sooner or later out grow them and desire something else....that's the human side of us. But, even though we desire certain things there's always something that will remind us that we are only here temporarily.
                        Good point, Walking the Walk! We're just passing through, heading to our permanent home with Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                          Oblivion. Just closing my eyes and being done with everything.
                          That will be the perfect rest, won't it? Absolutely no stress anymore!

Comment

i'm looking forward to be in a world where there is no sin influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Marjiealm View Post
                              "We Shall Behold Him!" - Sandi Patti --- (Now I'll not get that song out of my head for the next week!)
                              Yes, I recognize that song, Marjiealm! One of my old favorites!

Comment

Working...
                              X