Are the two witnesses from the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post

Who is teaching you this? I am not even sure there is a Christian church around that teaches such.....T
    he wages of sin are the first death
    No, that's wrong. It's the second death.

Then by your interpretation all would die the second death.

No, that's also wrong.

What bible translation are you using that says all of us will not die here in 1 Cor 15?. The CEV? My God.
    No, it was not the CEV. Doesn't even matter since all translation say some will not die/sleep.

KJV Heb 9:27

And as it is
    appointed
    unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

This applies only to the majority but not all unless you want to deny Paul.

Paul says that you must die to be quickened ie resurrected.
    LOL....obviously only the dead are resurrected but the living are changed not resurrected since they didn't die.

The dead aren't raptured, and the living aren't resurrected.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Please stick with the point...."is appointed unto man once to die"...do you have a problem with that language?

Comment

Originally posted by preston39 View Post
        Please stick with the point...."is appointed unto man once to die"...do you have a problem with that language?
        I have a problem with your misinterpretation and refusal to accept that Paul said some will not die. Furthermore, some people have died twice. Do you deny that also? Lazarus is one who died, resurrected back to moral life and would eventually die and remain dead.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Amen...….. unfortunately due to the increase of borderline blasphemies which are being posted many are leaving this forum.

Comment

Zechariah 4:11-14 states:

"Then I asked the angel, 'What are the two olive trees on the right and left of the lampstand?' And I questioned him further, 'What are the two olive branches beside the two gold pipes from which the golden oil pours?' "Do you not know what these are?' he inquired. 'No, my lord,' I replied. So he said, 'These are the two anointed ones who are standing beside the Lord of all the earth.' "

The 'Lord of all the earth' probably refers to God. But it's interesting that it was Moses and Elijah who stood before Jesus at His transfiguration. This might be an important clue.
            Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
              Zechariah 4:11-14 states:

The 'Lord of all the earth' probably refers to God. But it's interesting that it was Moses and Elijah who stood before Jesus at His transfiguration. This might be an important clue.
              Can they die twice?

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

I have a problem with your misinterpretation and refusal to accept that Paul said some will not die. Furthermore, some people have died twice. Do you deny that also? Lazarus is one who died, resurrected back to moral life and would eventually die and remain dead.
                Don't you think Paul was referring to those in the rapture? which should not be spun into this point.
                If not..... then scripture?

Comment

Amen...….. unfortunately due to the increase of borderline blasphemies which are being posted many are leaving this forum.
                  That is sad. But, we true believers must fight the new age religion encroachments...... as possible.

Comment

Can they die twice?
                    I see your point. They may be in the power and spirit of these two prophets as John the Baptist was in the power and spirit of Elijah. It's just a thought.

Comment

I see your point. They may be in the power and spirit of these two prophets as John the Baptist was in the power and spirit of Elijah. It's just a thought.
                      Thanks for your honesty. It is possible that these 2W have noting to do with Enoch nor Elijah?. I understanding this is what were are all mainly taught so we build up a bias towards this view. Beliefs are a hard thing to change.

Comment

Thanks for your honesty. It is possible that these 2W have noting to do with Enoch nor Elijah?. I understanding this is what were are all mainly taught so we build up a bias towards this view. Beliefs are a hard thing to change.
                        My position is it's not really possible to say for sure who they are. You said in your earlier post you think they're Michael and Gabriel. Why do you think that?

Comment

My position is it's not really possible to say for sure who they are. You said in your earlier post you think they're Michael and Gabriel. Why do you think that?
                          Because they are two angels of the seven churches (candlesticks). They would be the olive tress representing the two candlesticks standing before God. They are also two of the seven spirits OF God seen upon the Lamb, all seven represent the seven angels to the seven churches. The have fire come forth from their mouths not sure any regular being can do this.....plus they rise up like Christ after three days. And Gabriel states he is the one whom stand before God of all the earth.

Comment

Don't you think Paul was referring to those in the rapture?
                            Of course. He said some humans will not die but be changed into immortals and then raptured. It is an exception to most people dying the first death.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

Don't understand why you are so reluctant to identify the basis of your conclusion..........it won't hurt you to set us straight with Bible references.....?

Comment

Because they are two angels of the seven churches (candlesticks). They would be the olive tress representing the two candlesticks standing before God. They are also two of the seven spirits OF God seen upon the Lamb, all seven represent the seven angels to the seven churches. The have fire come forth from their mouths not sure any regular being can do this.....plus they rise up like Christ after three days. And Gabriel states he is the one whom stand before God of all the earth.
                                Okay. But that's like saying the sky is blue because it's the same color as a robin's egg. True, it is. But why is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X