The Second Coming of Christ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Second Coming of Christ.

What does the Second Coming of Christ entail and why does He come again when the Holy Spirit is present? First, we must understand that Christ ascended to the Father and sat at His right hand. There is Christ exalted and glory given to Him to rule in heaven and on earth. Jesus made a promise to His disciples and said He would come again. If Jesus said He would come again. why try so many to clarify more than one coming. Jesus said that He would come again, which must be understood, to come to earth and not just to the clouds. Many forget when they use the scriptures of Acts to say that Jesus was on earth before He was taken away to heaven. He was not on the clouds before He was taken away, but on earth, with the disciples, talking. We also read that the angels who spoke to the disciples were on earth and were addressing them. They declared that He would return to earth with the cloud with which He was taken. How is it that many refer to the clouds only as the final destination of Christ when the angel has already explained everything.

When Paul refers to mysteries he received from God, I wonder why the passage is changed to a different coming, than the Second Coming, he always refers to. Paul has never referred to another coming, except the second coming of Christ. Throughout the New Testament we find no other coming than just the Second Coming. Christ never referred to more than one coming, the disciples did not refer to more than one coming. So the question is, where do the other comings come from that were not given in scripture?

I don't have scripts attached so if you are interested, do your own research.

Originally posted by angelmike View Post
    What does the Second Coming of Christ entail and why does He come again when the Holy Spirit is present? First, we must understand that Christ ascended to the Father and sat at His right hand. There is Christ exalted and glory given to Him to rule in heaven and on earth. Jesus made a promise to His disciples and said He would come again. If Jesus said He would come again. why try so many to clarify more than one coming. Jesus said that He would come again, which must be understood, to come to earth and not just to the clouds. Many forget when they use the scriptures of Acts to say that Jesus was on earth before He was taken away to heaven. He was not on the clouds before He was taken away, but on earth, with the disciples, talking. We also read that the angels who spoke to the disciples were on earth and were addressing them. They declared that He would return to earth with the cloud with which He was taken. How is it that many refer to the clouds only as the final destination of Christ when the angel has already explained everything.

When Paul refers to mysteries he received from God, I wonder why the passage is changed to a different coming, than the Second Coming, he always refers to. Paul has never referred to another coming, except the second coming of Christ. Throughout the New Testament we find no other coming than just the Second Coming. Christ never referred to more than one coming, the disciples did not refer to more than one coming. So the question is, where do the other comings come from that were not given in scripture?

None of the other books, nor authors discuss it, simply because of one reason. There are no other comings.

When you see the Lord coming in the clouds, this is the final and last time that Jesus will return to earth. He is coming to take his children home whose names are written in the book of life; and to give everlasting punishment to those whose names are not written in the book of life.

Comment

I believe there will be two comings: 1) He will appear with the clouds and we will be gathered to Him. For example, see Daniel 7:13:

"I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, and He came up to the Ancient of Days and was presented before Him."

This is also spoken of in Revelation 14:14:

"Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and sitting on the cloud was one like a son of man, having a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand";

2) His final coming will be on a white horse and we will accompany Him:

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty."
      Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

Its because there is only one more coming when Jesus comes to rapture the church moments before He destroys the world by fire. Coming on the clouds was also a sign of Judgment.

Also Acts doesn't say that Jesus was taken back up to heaven on a cloud just that a cloud hid Him

ACTS 1:9
        After he said this, he was taken up
        before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
          I believe there will be two comings: 1) He will appear with the clouds and we will be gathered to Him. For example, see Daniel 7:13:

"I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, and He came up to the Ancient of Days and was presented before Him."

"Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and sitting on the cloud was one like a son of man, having a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand";

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty."
          The white horse in Revelation is not literally a horse, nor is it even white. These are symbols and imaginary to represent allegory and prophecy.

Just like:
          A chain is not a chain.
          A red dragon is not really a red dragon.
          An olive tree is not really an olive tree.
          A candle stick is not really a candle stick.
          A sickle is not really a sickle

Comment

Originally posted by TMarcum View Post

The white horse in Revelation is not literally a horse, nor is it even white. These are symbols and imaginary to represent allegory and prophecy.

Just like:
            A chain is not a chain.
            Exactly this list doesn't end

Comment

Just like:
              A chain is not a chain.
              Nevertheless. Weather you interpret it literally or symbolically they're two different comings.
              Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

None of the other books, nor authors discuss it, simply because of one reason. There are no other comings.

When you see the Lord coming in the clouds, this is the final and last time that Jesus will return to earth. He is coming to take his children home whose names are written in the book of life; and to give everlasting punishment to those whose names are not written in the book of life.
                Amen. So simple yet confusion abounds to those whom listen to man made doctrines

Comment

Just like:
                  A chain is not a chain.
                  The white horse may actually be his white throne he rides

Comment

I agree with pdun459.

The Second Coming of Christ
                    https://youtu.be/oxZmVfNW-mA

Comment

Nevertheless. Weather you interpret it literally or symbolically they're two different comings.
                      The bible doesn't support this anywhere. I am glad to discuss any scripture, if you have any references. But just to support a belief, because you have heard this all your life, is not a justifiable reason to believe it. The bible must support it in order to believe.

But Jesus did not teach this. Paul did not teach it. John did not teach it. Peter did not teach it. Neither did Job or Daniel. These all taught that the resurrection of the just and unjust is when the heavens pass away and the graves open. Both (just and unjust) will come forth from the grave at the voice of Jesus. Then the judgment. This is the only judgment that will ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post

The white horse may actually be his white throne he rides
                        Well, I do believe his throne will be a beta throne. I also believe the GWT of judgment will be on earth, as the graves open.

And it's going to be white alright. So white and bright, that we not be able to look upon his face, at least with these eyes. The brightness of his coming will utterly consume the wicked.

Comment

Daniel 7 is Jesus ascending back up to heaven after His resurrection if you notice He goes to the father as also seen in Revelation 12

Also if you notice Rev 19 is what John see happening up in heaven not on earth

Comment

Originally posted by marty fox View Post

Daniel 7 is Jesus ascending back up to heaven after His resurrection if you notice He goes to the father as also seen in Revelation 12
                            That's what I think.

Jesus Was presented before God after his work on the cross

At the second coming Jesus comes with all the power and great glory of his Father.

Matt 16
                            Jesus said...,
                            27 For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds.

Rev 22
                            12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
                            14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

Every man whether living or dead will be rewarded and given the right to enter into the new Jerusalem and receive the crown of life when he comes.

The rest Perish after much patience .

8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

It has taken me a long time to realize that the word erchomai(coming) does not indicate that the direction of travel is toward the speaker. It can mean a coming to or a going away from the speaker. Here is a spattering of such usages:
                              Mat 2:8 KJV And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may COME and worship him also.
                              Mat 3:16 KJV And Jesus, when he was baptized, WENT up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
                              Mat 7:25 KJV And the rain descended, and the floods CAME, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
                              Mat 8:7 KJV And Jesus saith unto him, I will COME and heal him.
                              Mat 8:28 KJV And when he was COME to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
                              Mat 13:4 KJV And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls CAME and devoured them up:
                              Mat 16:5 KJV And when his disciples were COME to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.

In the case of the Olivet Discourse, it [erchomai] is used to describe HOW he is coming...WITH THE CLOUDS. The subject of the how IS the tribes of Israel. We can thank Daniel 7 for telling us of the WHERE Jesus is coming to... The ancient of days,

Dan 7:13 KJV I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came TO the Ancient of days, and they brought him NEAR before HIM.

It is the tribes that see him coming to the ancient of days , God the Father. The passage that speaks directly to this coming with the clouds can be understood without the word coming, if we understood the implied direction that comes from Daniel.

Mar 13:26 KJV And then shall they see the Son of man in the clouds with great power and glory.

Mat 24:30 KJV And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man in the CLOUDS OF HEAVEN with power and great glory.

But, can we be sure that this is not the 2nd advent? Yes we can. How? The conclusionary part of the O.D. is the parable of the fig tree. There Jesus says:

Mat 24:33 KJV So likewise ye, when ye shall see ALL THESE THINGS, know that it is near, even at the doors.
                              Mar 13:29 KJV So ye in like manner, when ye shall see THESE THINGS come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
                              Luk 21:31 KJV So likewise ye, when ye see THESE THINGS come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

We have 3 witnesses to Jesus saying that something would be near, nigh, or nigh at hand when you see ALL these things take place. How could the day and hour that no man knows, be unknown, if it is referring to anything within the body of text? It has to be referring to that which Jesus said is near and yet to come. The coming with the clouds is a distinct event from the 2nd advent because that event will only be NEAR after he is seen in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Be Blessed
                              The PuP

p.s.
                              When we look at what follows Jesus coming in the clouds of heaven we see that this matches what Paul taught:

Verse list: Dan 7:13-14 KJV I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man CAME with the CLOUDS of HEAVEN, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was GIVEN HIM dominion, and glory, and a KINGDOM, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

2Ti 4:1 KJV I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his APPEARING and his KINGDOM;

The PAROUSIA is Jesus coming FOR the saints. The ERCHOMAI is Jesus coming WITH the saints to the Father. The KINGDOM is then given to Jesus by the Father.
                              Last edited by Pesachpup; Feb 11th 2020, 12:37 AM. Reason: Added a p.s.

Comment

Working...
                              X