Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone debunk and prove the following incorrect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is more I want to add to the above metaphorical interpretation, just not sure how it will be perceived... If you have read my last posts about what to God is the Day and Night, the Light and Darkness, and that they are ONE,the same as as a 24 hour cycle for us is one, one day, for God a 1000 year cycle, is a cycle of day and night, the Light and the Darkness...God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night."(Genesis 1:4)...."God saw that the Light is good" and "the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." (Genesis 1:4)

God wasn't referring to time at all.....

Have you heard the expression the devil is in you, or fighting your own demons? I don't know where it originates from for sure(the Bible?) but it is the bare truth as far as humans are concerned....

Romans 2:15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.

Reading the above verse, just for a moment consider that in our own minds, considering that the law was written in our own hearts after Jesus was sacrificed for us, as God promised long time ago,that we are now very well aware when we have done wrong and and we have done right, and we, ourselves,are the accuser of our own wrong doings, and our own thoughts haunt us after forever after we've done a wrong deed or even a wrong thought...

The light and the darkness is within us, God and the Accuser is within as at the same time....is how I interpret it, and especially Matthew chapter 4. Try to read how the Light and the Darkness is within Jesus in Matthew below....How Jesus is the accuser of His own wrong doings... for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right...(Romans 2:15)

But before you read that chapter, read again Romans 2:15. Think about the darkness and the light within you, and how you question yourself in your own mind every day, being your own accuser of your wrong doings, i.e. God makes you separate the darkness and the light within you on a daily basis....and it is exactly what Jesus showed us we should do and why we should follow his ways, because He himself overcame it, for His Love for God.

Matthew chapter 4:1-11

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil.For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry.During that time the devil came and said to him,
    “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.”But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Then the devil took him to the holy city, Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple,and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say, ‘He will order his angels to protect you. And they will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.’”
    Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say, ‘You must not test the Lord your God.’

”Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.“I will give it all to you,” he said, “if you will kneel down and worship me.”
    “Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.’”Then the devil went away, and angels came and took care of Jesus.

So how does the above sound to you? To me it sounds like a person who is fighting their own demons, who has the Light and the Darkness within themselves....

I will reiterate with John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Who is Jesus?

Isaiah 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the ground, O destroyer of nations.

Revelation 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star.”

Jesus has fallen and has risen.He was flesh and darkness, the source of David, the darkness of God, the Night of his Day. He has overcome the darkness, and is now a Holy Spirit, the spirit through which we can now reach God. He is the Light and the Day of God. God saw He was good....

Jesus has now risen and an heir to the throne....
    In the same sense, if you still doubt what I am trying to explain, and believe in God's love for us, why do you not believe God has had the same love for his own Son,that was the darkness and the light, that has fallen, that has risen..., from whom God separated the lightness and made it prevail....

Isaiah 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the ground, O destroyer of nations.
    Isaiah 14:13 You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north;
    Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’
    Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
    Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
    Matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
    Revelation 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star.”

Psalm 18:22 For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness.

Read the actual chapters, the entire ones I quoted in all the above. I've given a clue, based on my own research but I insist everyone follows their own heart, mind and spirit as we will be judged by God, for our own beliefs and not that of others.

Comment

• Originally posted by John146 View Post
      I didn't intend to imply that. All I was saying is that we should attempt to see it from God's view rather than from a human view. I never said that you're not able to do that.

Agree.

But, that doesn't mean it necessarily took as long to grow at that time as it does now.

Anyway, I think it's dangerous to allow for the possibility that the creation days were longer than 24 hour days because that's exactly what evolutionists would like us to believe. There are people out there who try to say that the book of Genesis should not be taken literally as historical fact but rather should be seen as figurative language or as a collection of parables. So, to them, the days are not 24 hour days but rather very long periods of time instead.

The problem with not taking the book of Genesis literally as historical fact is that makes people wonder if any of the Bible should be viewed as being true and speaking of actual things that happened in the past.

Anyway, just thought I'd that information for consideration.

Let me go back to the idea that one 24 hour day equals exactly a thousand years to God. Wouldn't that mean God is confined to the realm of time and space? Why would one day be exactly one thousand years to God? Is two or three (or any number) thousand years any different than a day to God, considering the fact that He created time and exists outside of the realm of time and space?
      Should not the same literal principal of 24 hours in Genesis 1 apply to 1000 years in Revelation 20? Messing with God's Word leads to presuppositions.

Comment

Working...
      X