Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bible does not teach 1000 years between resurrections of godly and ungodly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post

Can't Zion also mean the dwelling place of the Lord God?

Are you saying the Lord is dwelling on earth today?
    I'm pretty sure what I said was that heaven has no mountains and Mt Zion is an Earthly mountain outside of Jerusalem.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Not only right after the 7th trump are the godly raised and judged but so too are the ungodly.
      The ungodly do not resurrect at the 7th trump. Revelation 20 shows they have to wait over a thousand years before resurrection.
      James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Can't Zion also mean the dwelling place of the Lord God?

Heb 12
        22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.
        And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Well there are actually three resurrections yet to occur (4 I guess if you include the 2W's). Two after the second coming, one before.

First fruit resurrection of the harvest = 144,000
          Second coming
          First resurrection of the harvest (wheat)
          Second resurrection of the harvest (tares)

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

There is always a harvest of the firstfruits prior to the main harvest.
          I don;t actually see the 144k as being resurrected first. However I do get why some would include them.

Comment

So you think in Rev 14 Mt Zion is upon earth?
            Yes.

Note these 144,000 follow the Lamb wherever so if the Lamb goes to heaven so too would they.
            John is speaking metaphorically. They follow him in that they believe his teaching and they live accordingly.

The 144,000 are redeemed from the earth would that not mean they are not on the earth?
            I think, in this case, γῆς means "the land." These were the "people of the land"; I believe the Jews called them "Am ha'aretz" -- sinners. Jesus is saving sinners.

Notice in chapter 15 the 144,000 are in heaven.
            I rather think chapter 15 is talking about those people who were taken up during the harvest recorded in Revelation 14:14-16. I am open to the idea that 144,000 went up with them. But it seems to make more sense that the 144,000 were left on earth while God sets about to restore his holy name. (chapter 16?)

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

Most do but not all. Paul spoke of those who survive the GT and will not die but be changed.
              Are you saying some men have not sinned?

For the
              wages
              of
              sin
              is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon
              all
              men, for that
              all
              have
              sinned
              :

How do you even reconcile to an unbeliever? All have sinned but all don't die? Your case to him would confuse they may reply back to you if all don't die then all don't need Jesus, so I don't need Jesus then.....

Do you see how dangerous a belief this is?

Comment

Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
                I don;t actually see the 144k as being resurrected first. However I do get why some would include them.
                Why are they called first fruits then?

The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the
                Lord
                thy God.

This is what we see in Rev 14 the 144,000 in the house of the Lord before others.

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the
                firstfruits
                unto God and to the Lamb.

Then later in the chapter we see the main harvest.

And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

Comment

Originally posted by CadyandZoe View Post
                  Yes.

John is speaking metaphorically. They follow him in that they believe his teaching and they live accordingly.

I think, in this case, γῆς means "the land." These were the "people of the land"; I believe the Jews called them "Am ha'aretz" -- sinners. Jesus is saving sinners.

I rather think chapter 15 is talking about those people who were taken up during the harvest recorded in Revelation 14:14-16. I am open to the idea that 144,000 went up with them. But it seems to make more sense that the 144,000 were left on earth while God sets about to restore his holy name. (chapter 16?)
                  And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Those in chapter 15 are singing the song they were taught in chapter 14 and only the 144,000 were able to learn it..

And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post

Heb 12
                    22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.
                    Thanks Jeff, I knew the answer to my question to EWQ, but thanks for the verse.

Comment

I suspected that you did , but couldnt resist in posting it.
                      And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Still is no such thing as a heavenly Mt Zion. There is only the heavenly Jerusalem, called NJ. It will descend and will be near Mt Zion as the current Jerusalem is.

Comment

Those in chapter 15 are singing the song they were taught in chapter 14 and only the 144,000 were able to learn it..

And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

I'm taking my cues from chapter 7. 144,000 on earth being protected. The rest of the saints in heaven.

Comment

Working...
                          X