Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 years passed since Christ's death on the cross....something will happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 years passed since Christ's death on the cross....something will happen?

Hi all,
    I'm sure this has been discussed but I haven't been to this forum to view where everyone is on the end-times discussion. ** If this is overly discussed in current threads please delete.****

My thoughts are 2000 years is a long time. We are almost there. Looking on-line there seems to be disagreement whether it would be year 2028 or 2033. Regardless, with that said, we all none of us know when he will return. Could be another 1000 years. But for some reason 2000 seems like a reasonable number given, there are some that estimate this timeline:

From Adam to Abraham is estimated to be 2000 years.
    From Abraham to Jesus is estimated to be 2000 years

I am nervously excited about His second coming. What do you think?

Welcome Tom.
    His coming is exciting, but some like myself are aware there will be great Tribulation before He comes. There will be a removal from the Church those who are NOT His. This will be painful for all.
    This is a challenge, and I am glad it is NOT the Church who will actually do this reaping (contrary to errors by many churches through the ages).
    To get to your point, I am not convinced that the 6,000 years since creation, and therefore the final 1,000 years of rest is a valid eschatological crutch.
    Others on here do hold it as being something of value.
    For me of more value ARE the things we are told to look for, such as the gospel being preached to all nations, tribes, tongues and peoples.

Comment

Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
      His coming is exciting, but some like myself are aware there will be great Tribulation before He comes. There will be a removal from the Church those who are NOT His.
      No. Those removed during the GT are believers.

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

For me of more value ARE the things we are told to look for, such as the gospel being preached to all nations, tribes, tongues and peoples.
      Question. When and by whom is the Gospel preached to all nations?

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

So it appears that the "angel" will be the one preaching the gospel to those upon the earth.....thus this angel would have to be one of the 2W's, Michael, Gabriel. I believe Michael would witness to Israel while Gabriel to the church.

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
        No. Those removed during the GT are believers.
        13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
        14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
        This does NOT show they were taken OUT of the GT, but that they went THROUGH the GT.

Comment

Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
          This does NOT show they were taken OUT of the GT, but that they went THROUGH the GT.
          I agree they go thru it....I said said "during". Iam sure not all die at the same time at the end.

Now however with that said. The GT mentioned in rev 7 is not the same GT seen in Matt 24. Each lamb will impose a period of GT upon their enemies. Those of the church will will be overcome during a period of GT ie wrath of the AC, whereby later the wicked overcome by the GT wrath of God.

Comment

I agree they go thru it....I said said "during". Iam sure not all die at the same time at the end.

Now however with that said. The GT mentioned in rev 7 is not the same GT seen in Matt 24. Each lamb will impose a period of GT upon their enemies. Those of the church will will be overcome during a period of GT ie wrath of the AC, whereby later the wicked overcome by the GT wrath of God.
            There is only one phase of the great tribulation. There are no different sections and periods for the great tribulation, because Christ shortened the tribulation in Revelation 10. The tribulation only consists of 3 years and 6 months. It is also the same period when the AC reigns until Jesus returns to earth.
            To God be the Glory

Comment

Originally posted by angelmike View Post
              because Christ shortened the tribulation in Revelation 10.
              Ok. How could the GT in Rev 7 be shortened if there are still 7 trumpets yet to sound?

In addition if the GT in Rev 7 ends before the 7th trumpets are yet to sound then how could the GT in Rev 7 time under the AC be greater than the wrath from God to come in the 7 trumpets or 7 vials?

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

AC wrath 3.5 years proceeds God's wrath thus AC's wrath cant be the GT in Matt 24 nor is it a wrath greater than God's....

Comment

Originally posted by SeminoleTom View Post
                Hi all,
                I'm sure this has been discussed but I haven't been to this forum to view where everyone is on the end-times discussion. ** If this is overly discussed in current threads please delete.****

My thoughts are 2000 years is a long time. We are almost there. Looking on-line there seems to be disagreement whether it would be year 2028 or 2033. Regardless, with that said, we all none of us know when he will return. Could be another 1000 years. But for some reason 2000 seems like a reasonable number given, there are some that estimate this timeline:

Tom I find it perfectly acceptable to jump into a forum that has been going on, and starting up right where you're at. It's still a good question even if asked a thousand times!

In the Early Church there was a theory called sexta-septa millennial day theory, in which it was thought 6000 years would pass, and after that the Millennium. The way some counted this was very different from how we might count it today. The way I would count it is that we are close to the 6000th year of human history, as biblically recounted. So this would bring us up to just a few more decades on the Jewish calendar.

But like you said, Jesus warned us not to try to prepare for things by putting them on a "prophetic calendar," trying to anticipate what will happen next in a predictable sequence. Sure, there are many prophetic signs of this sort, but our means of preparation for the Kingdom is always to be living a righteous life in the here and now. We're warned about certain events that befall us, in order to be prepared. But preparation for eternal life is always by living in the Spirit, right?

There are many, many signs that we are close. The existence of nuclear weapons, the proliferation of the world's population, the "coming of age" of a "world society." Israel's reemergence among the nations is huge, in my view. The collapse of Christian Civilization in Europe is also tell-tale. I could go on.

Comment

Ok. How could the GT in Rev 7 be shortened if there are still 7 trumpets yet to sound?

In addition if the GT in Rev 7 ends before the 7th trumpets are yet to sound then how could the GT in Rev 7 time under the AC be greater than the wrath from God to come in the 7 trumpets or 7 vials?

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

AC wrath 3.5 years proceeds God's wrath thus AC's wrath cant be the GT in Matt 24 nor is it a wrath greater than God's....
                  In Revelation 1-3 we read of the church being addressed by Christ.
                  In Revelation 6 the seals are broken. What are the mysteries of the soul revealed by God. From the last seal the 7th, come the 7 trumpets-trumpets are warnings of war.
                  At the last trumpet, the 7th comes the scales that reveal the wrath of God in the period of the AC.
                  To God be the Glory

Comment

In Revelation 1-3 we read of the church being addressed by Christ.
                    In Revelation 6 the seals are broken. What are the mysteries of the soul revealed by God. From the last seal the 7th, come the 7 trumpets-trumpets are warnings of war.
                    At the last trumpet, the 7th comes the scales that reveal the wrath of God in the period of the AC.
                    what does this prove?

Comment

It speaks of the same period. Revelation 7 speaks of the last G T period. Everything fits in the last 3 years and 6 months. This is not a long period we are looking at, but only on application of the last government of the AC. God decided to shorten the government of the AC for the sake of the saints. The last 3 years and 6 months only begin with the opening of the first 7 trumpets that warn us of war and the revolt of the AC that overwhelms the ten horns as we read in Revelation.8-9. Everything is just about the last 3 years and 6 months.
                      To God be the Glory

Comment

Revelation 7 speaks of the last G T period.
                        29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

How can the GT in rev 7 be last if there are still 7 trumpets yet to sound? The sun in not darkened immediately after Rev 7.

Comment

Hi all,

Addition of the given time periods of the Patriarchs and the Jewish Kings does prove the exact 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, then 2000 years from Abraham to Jesus and now 1990 years since Jesus. The 1000 years of the world reign of King Jesus, is stated 6 times in Revelation 20 and prophesied in Hosea 6:2 and Luke 13:32 [ day in heaven equals 1000 years on earth]

Much will happen before Jesus Returns in glory. The next prophesied event is the Sixth Seal, a worldwide devastation, which will set the scene for all the rest a Revelation describes.
                          But we Christians will be protected thru it, provided we keep strong in our faith and trust in the Lord.

Comment

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

How can the GT in rev 7 be last if there are still 7 trumpets yet to sound? The sun in not darkened immediately after Rev 7.
                            I will make that clearer. The last part of Revelation 7, where the saints are pointed out to John, are those who come from the GT. It's just an insertion of saints found in the GT, being persecuted by the AC. The purpose is to show us that the church will go through the GT, but be strengthened by the Holy Spirit until death. Finally, the elder refers to the GT that begins with the first trumpet. Try to understand the prophecy and not the chapters. There are insertions that need to be understood that will be explained for a time when that will happen. In other words, the elder explains that they are coming from the great tribulation. I'm not saying Chapter 7 is the beginning of the GT. The tribulation begins when the AC sits in the temple and pretends to be God.
                            To God be the Glory

Comment

Hi all,

Hi Tom. Jesus has been building his church for 2000 years. When he returns, he will say to those who have believed in him,

Come, yeblessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Mt.25:34

Comment

Working...
                              X