Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus VS today’s gospel of the kingdom

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jesus VS today’s gospel of the kingdom

    Jesus VS today’s gospel of the kingdom

    “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.” Matthew 24:14 (NCPB)
    When Jesus says “this gospel of the kingdom”, he means the one he preached and not the one the Pharisees preached.

    The big switcheroo….

    Unable to grasp Christ’s invisible kingdom, many assumed his kingdom must be the same as the Pharisee’s physical kingdom and assumed that was the kingdom he spoke of.

    Wrong.......


    The main difference between Jesus’ kingdom and the Pharisee’s kingdom is their make-up. Jesus taught the kingdom is spiritual. The Pharisees taught the kingdom is physical. Jesus preached a kingdom of faith. The Pharisees preached a kingdom of sight. Jesus said the kingdom was present, the Pharisees said it was future because they could not see it. If you put it into theological terms, Jesus preached Amillennialism (= no millennium) and the Pharisees preached a type of Pre-Millennialism (= a physical kingdom based on Judaism).

    But today, many side with the Pharisees and substitute that Millennium for the Amillennialism Jesus preached which makes it a false gospel. The following are many proof texts that show Jesus taught an Amillennial kingdom only.

    Please consider the spiritual nature of the Kingdom:

    “And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

    “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)
    “Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)
    “Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

    “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

    “Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

    “Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

    “And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)
    “Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

    “But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

    “The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” Luke 16:16 (KJV 1900)

    “because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

    “Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

    “He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

    “When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

    “for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

    “I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” Revelation 1:9 (NASB95)

    “But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12 (KJV 1900)

    “That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:12 (KJV 1900)

    “And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.” Acts 19:8 (KJV 1900)

    “And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)

    So when Jesus preached the gospel of the spiritual kingdom, the Pharisees rejected him because it wasn’t what they expected. According to Daniel, God set up his everlasting kingdom in the time of the Roman Empire. But since the Pharisees read the kingdom prophecies literally, they rejected Jesus. Not grasping that the kingdom prophecies use symbols to represent spiritual realities. For instance, Ezekiel’s temple symbolized Christ who is the third temple made without hands. This is the most common mistake people make today in prophecy. They assume the symbol will come to pass instead of what the symbol represents. Jesus by teaching a spiritual kingdom showed us that the kingdom prophecies used material symbols to represent the spiritual realities in the kingdom of God. Some more examples follow.

    Where the Pharisees expected Elijah’s return, according to Jesus, John the Baptist came in the spirit and power of Elijah instead.

    Where the Pharisees expected David’s descendant to reestablish and rule from his throne over the world in Jerusalem, scripture teaches that Jesus now sits on David’s throne in heavenly Jerusalem above.

    And so it remains today. Many look for the prophetic symbols to appear instead of what they represent. And read the kingdom prophecies as the Pharisees did. And look for a future physical kingdom of sight.


  • #2
    Originally posted by Dave L View Post
    Jesus VS today’s gospel of the kingdom

    “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.” Matthew 24:14 (NCPB)
    When Jesus says “this gospel of the kingdom”, he means the one he preached and not the one the Pharisees preached.

    The big switcheroo….

    Unable to grasp Christ’s invisible kingdom, many assumed his kingdom must be the same as the Pharisee’s physical kingdom and assumed that was the kingdom he spoke of.

    Wrong.......


    The main difference between Jesus’ kingdom and the Pharisee’s kingdom is their make-up. Jesus taught the kingdom is spiritual. The Pharisees taught the kingdom is physical. Jesus preached a kingdom of faith. The Pharisees preached a kingdom of sight. Jesus said the kingdom was present, the Pharisees said it was future because they could not see it. If you put it into theological terms, Jesus preached Amillennialism (= no millennium) and the Pharisees preached a type of Pre-Millennialism (= a physical kingdom based on Judaism).

    But today, many side with the Pharisees and substitute that Millennium for the Amillennialism Jesus preached which makes it a false gospel. The following are many proof texts that show Jesus taught an Amillennial kingdom only.

    Please consider the spiritual nature of the Kingdom:

    “And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

    “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)
    “Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)
    “Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

    “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

    “Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

    “Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

    “And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)
    “Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

    “But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

    “The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” Luke 16:16 (KJV 1900)

    “because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

    “Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

    “He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

    “When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

    “for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

    “I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” Revelation 1:9 (NASB95)

    “But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12 (KJV 1900)

    “That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:12 (KJV 1900)

    “And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.” Acts 19:8 (KJV 1900)

    “And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)

    So when Jesus preached the gospel of the spiritual kingdom, the Pharisees rejected him because it wasn’t what they expected. According to Daniel, God set up his everlasting kingdom in the time of the Roman Empire. But since the Pharisees read the kingdom prophecies literally, they rejected Jesus. Not grasping that the kingdom prophecies use symbols to represent spiritual realities. For instance, Ezekiel’s temple symbolized Christ who is the third temple made without hands. This is the most common mistake people make today in prophecy. They assume the symbol will come to pass instead of what the symbol represents. Jesus by teaching a spiritual kingdom showed us that the kingdom prophecies used material symbols to represent the spiritual realities in the kingdom of God. Some more examples follow.

    Where the Pharisees expected Elijah’s return, according to Jesus, John the Baptist came in the spirit and power of Elijah instead.

    Where the Pharisees expected David’s descendant to reestablish and rule from his throne over the world in Jerusalem, scripture teaches that Jesus now sits on David’s throne in heavenly Jerusalem above.

    And so it remains today. Many look for the prophetic symbols to appear instead of what they represent. And read the kingdom prophecies as the Pharisees did. And look for a future physical kingdom of sight.
    Yes you are correct but the problem is premills and amills arn,t arguing about the same thing. I have been debating the millennial reign on this site for years and never seem to get anywhere and I now realize why.

    Just like the pro life clan and the pro choice clan will never agree because they are arguing about different things. The pro life clan are trying to prove to the pro choice clan that an unborn baby is a real life but the pro choice clan don’t care if an unborn baby is a real life they only care about having the right to choose.

    It the same with premils and amils we would come together and agree if we could agree with what the millennial reign is. So the real problem isn’t when the millennial reign is but what the millennial reign is. This is the reason for my other thread that I started today.

    So the real question is what is the reign not when is the reign?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by marty fox View Post

      Yes you are correct but the problem is premills and amills arn,t arguing about the same thing. I have been debating the millennial reign on this site for years and never seem to get anywhere and I now realize why.

      Just like the pro life clan and the pro choice clan will never agree because they are arguing about different things. The pro life clan are trying to prove to the pro choice clan that an unborn baby is a real life but the pro choice clan don’t care if an unborn baby is a real life they only care about having the right to choose.

      It the same with premils and amils we would come together and agree if we could agree with what the millennial reign is. So the real problem isn’t when the millennial reign is but what the millennial reign is. This is the reason for my other thread that I started today.

      So the real question is what is the reign not when is the reign?
      I don't use the term millennium but some Amillennialists do, saying it is the gospel age and it is spiritual. Daniel said God would set-up the kingdom in the times of the ancient Roman Empire. That he did but since the kingdom is spiritual, most dismissed it thinking it should be physical. Only the born-again can see it. So it's a helpless argument between those who have eyes to see and those who do not. I just mention it because many with eyes to see have been deceived into thinking it is physical.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good teaching Dave L.
        Along with what you've said, many are waiting for the Messiah to come and reign, putting an end to evil in his Kingdom. They don't see how he is reigning, putting and end to evil in his Kingdom. When he returns. those outside of his Kingdom are going to get slammed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by marty fox View Post

          Yes you are correct but the problem is premills and amills arn,t arguing about the same thing. I have been debating the millennial reign on this site for years and never seem to get anywhere and I now realize why.

          Just like the pro life clan and the pro choice clan will never agree because they are arguing about different things. The pro life clan are trying to prove to the pro choice clan that an unborn baby is a real life but the pro choice clan don’t care if an unborn baby is a real life they only care about having the right to choose.

          It the same with premils and amils we would come together and agree if we could agree with what the millennial reign is. So the real problem isn’t when the millennial reign is but what the millennial reign is. This is the reason for my other thread that I started today.

          So the real question is what is the reign not when is the reign?
          Double post. Dismiss
          Last edited by Dave L; Sep 20 2020, 11:28 AM. Reason: double post

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dave L View Post

            I don't use the term millennium but some Amillennialists do, saying it is the gospel age and it is spiritual. Daniel said God would set-up the kingdom in the times of the ancient Roman Empire. That he did but since the kingdom is spiritual, most dismissed it thinking it should be physical. Only the born-again can see it. So it's a helpless argument between those who have eyes to see and those who do not. I just mention it because many with eyes to see have been deceived into thinking it is physical.
            Yes agreed thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by journeyman View Post
              Good teaching Dave L.
              Along with what you've said, many are waiting for the Messiah to come and reign, putting an end to evil in his Kingdom. They don't see how he is reigning, putting and end to evil in his Kingdom. When he returns. those outside of his Kingdom are going to get slammed.
              Yes it’s good to agree again eh LOL

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by marty fox View Post
                Yes it’s good to agree again eh LOL
                It's great to agree, but I love ya the same whatever.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by journeyman View Post
                  Good teaching Dave L.
                  Along with what you've said, many are waiting for the Messiah to come and reign, putting an end to evil in his Kingdom. They don't see how he is reigning, putting and end to evil in his Kingdom. When he returns. those outside of his Kingdom are going to get slammed.
                  Which is a Premill position. Christ is NOT stopping evil government and rulers in this current age because he is is allowing them and ultimately Satan to rule this world. That cannot and does not happen in the real Millennium period. More evidence that Amillennialism is wrong and we do not live in the Millennium and Satan is not imprisoned and unable to deceive the nations as he does currently.

                  The Millennium is a time when the entire world will be under one government, a Christian Theocracy meaning Christ as King of the world and no rebellion possible during that thousand year reign. Clearly we do not live in the real Millennium now.

                  Revelation 12 covers the church age, from the birth and ascension of Jesus, to the last verse where Satan goes to begin the GT.

                  In that entire period of time Satan was not imprisoned in the pit and he isn't imprisoned in the GT either. Only after Christ returns will the beast and FP be cast into the LOF, and Satan imprisoned. Then the thousand years begins. In that time period, the world will be a Christian Theocracy with zero anti-Christian nations/governments and no other religions allowed to be practiced. All the nations will be ruled with a rod of iron. They are not ruled this way currently and most nations are not Christians and the so-called Christian ones are morally falling apart. Satan freely roams and rules this world, allowed by God until He is ready to take it away and install a global Christian government. That is the true Millennial kingdom, not the disaster of a world we live in currently. What an insult to God to say this current world is the Millennial kingdom. This world is a Babylonian and satanic kingdom.

                  Amil's thousand years rod of iron reign: an utter mess with Satan in control and overcoming the gospel and the saints with Islam growing stronger and larger and more deadly day by day, Christianity shrinking, deceptions and lies increasing, the rise of gangs, violence, drug addiction, abortions, gay and trans movements, homelessness and Atheism dominating this world.

                  Premil's thousand years rod of iron reign: Satan unable to do anything evil, no killing of the saints and not even possible to kill them as they are immortal, peace for the first time in human history and nothing that can stop or fight against the gospel for the first time in history, Islam defeated, all false religions defeated, Christ and his Saints fully in charge with no possible resistance from anyone. A global Christian theocracy for the first time in human history.

                  Which reign of iron by Christ and his Saints do you think will be a reality? Which one is better? Which one is scriptural? The answer to all these questions is Premill's thousand years rod of iron reign.
                  James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post


                    The Millennium is a time when the entire world will be under one government, a Christian Theocracy meaning Christ as King of the world and no rebellion possible during that thousand year reign.
                    Lol
                    So what are the unrepentant Gospel rejecters doing after the coming of Jesus during this period? Are they bound and gagged in a state of limbo?? Somebody has to populate this millennium of yours who remain outside the camp of the true saints.
                    Fact of the matter is they all perish at his coming as Jesus taught. Today is the day ( meaning now before his coming) to get saved. You either repent or you perish under a strong delusion at his coming.
                    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post

                      Fact of the matter is they all perish at his coming as Jesus taught.
                      Jesus didn't teach that. He taught that he and the saints will rule over the nations for a thousand years. Only after the Millennium will anyone perish.

                      James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

                        Jesus didn't teach that. He taught that he and the saints will rule over the nations for a thousand years. Only after the Millennium will anyone perish.
                        He did teach that. I will clarify later.

                        Can you address this part of my post...,

                        Lol
                        So what are the unrepentant Gospel rejecters doing after the coming of Jesus during this period? Are they bound and gagged in a state of limbo??

                        And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post

                          Can you address this part of my post...,
                          It's too immature to respond to.


                          James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

                            It's too immature to respond to.

                            My heart goes out to you ewq.

                            You say there is no rebellion of the rebellious....... and i am just trying to make sense of such a statement.


                            The Lord comes in vengeance upon those who do not know God and obey the Gospel in this current age of grace....to eternally separate them on the day we are glorified in him ....which clearly is his second coming.

                            So it is clearly taught that the unrepentant perish at his coming...just to clarify.
                            And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

                              Which is a Premill position. Christ is NOT stopping evil government and rulers in this current age because he is is allowing them and ultimately Satan to rule this world. That cannot and does not happen in the real Millennium period. More evidence that Amillennialism is wrong and we do not live in the Millennium and Satan is not imprisoned and unable to deceive the nations as he does currently.

                              The Millennium is a time when the entire world will be under one government, a Christian Theocracy meaning Christ as King of the world and no rebellion possible during that thousand year reign. Clearly we do not live in the real Millennium now.

                              Revelation 12 covers the church age, from the birth and ascension of Jesus, to the last verse where Satan goes to begin the GT.

                              In that entire period of time Satan was not imprisoned in the pit and he isn't imprisoned in the GT either. Only after Christ returns will the beast and FP be cast into the LOF, and Satan imprisoned. Then the thousand years begins. In that time period, the world will be a Christian Theocracy with zero anti-Christian nations/governments and no other religions allowed to be practiced. All the nations will be ruled with a rod of iron. They are not ruled this way currently and most nations are not Christians and the so-called Christian ones are morally falling apart. Satan freely roams and rules this world, allowed by God until He is ready to take it away and install a global Christian government. That is the true Millennial kingdom, not the disaster of a world we live in currently. What an insult to God to say this current world is the Millennial kingdom. This world is a Babylonian and satanic kingdom.

                              Amil's thousand years rod of iron reign: an utter mess with Satan in control and overcoming the gospel and the saints with Islam growing stronger and larger and more deadly day by day, Christianity shrinking, deceptions and lies increasing, the rise of gangs, violence, drug addiction, abortions, gay and trans movements, homelessness and Atheism dominating this world.

                              Premil's thousand years rod of iron reign: Satan unable to do anything evil, no killing of the saints and not even possible to kill them as they are immortal, peace for the first time in human history and nothing that can stop or fight against the gospel for the first time in history, Islam defeated, all false religions defeated, Christ and his Saints fully in charge with no possible resistance from anyone. A global Christian theocracy for the first time in human history.

                              Which reign of iron by Christ and his Saints do you think will be a reality? Which one is better? Which one is scriptural? The answer to all these questions is Premill's thousand years rod of iron reign.
                              Satan was bound from deceiving the nations by the gospel preached to the whole world. God still used him in his judgment against sin. Be careful not to add to Revelation anything it does not directly say.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X