On the Day of Destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Day of Destruction

Isaiah 30:25-28 On the Day of slaughter1, when all the military fortresses fall2, water will flow from every mountain and hilltop. The moon will burn as brightly4 as the sun and the sun will give out seven times its normal strength3, like seven days power in one. On that Day the Lord will turn again to the welfare of His people7. He will recompense them for the punishments inflicted upon them.
    See: the Lord Himself comes from afar5, His anger blazing and His doom heavy. His mouth is charged with wrath and His tongue is like a devouring fire3. His breath is like a torrent in spate: to judge the nations with His mighty affliction.
    He sieves out the proud nations for destruction6 and there will be a halter in the mouths of their people, leading them to ruin.

1/ The Day prophesied over 100 times in the Bible. The Day when people scramble for cover; they will call out ‘The great Day of the wrath of Almighty God and the Lamb has come and who can stand? Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 2:12-21
    2/ Military personnel, ordnances and weapons will be destroyed on that Day. Hosea 2:18, Amos 5:9, Micah 5:10, Jeremiah 50:27
    3/ Seven times ambient temperature: say 16c X 7 = 112c, that is 12c above the boiling point for water. Isaiah 64:2 The only literal explanation of what will cause all the vividly described prophesied effects, is a coronal mass ejection of an unprecedented magnitude.
    Psalms 21:9, Psalm 97:2-5, Isaiah 33:12, Hebrews 10:27
    4/ The moon will burn brightly red as this CME mass of superheated hydrogen plasma hits it causing a thermoluminescent reaction with the aluminum oxide moon dust. Joel 2:31, Acts 2:20
    5/ This sudden and unexpected Day is instigated by the Lord, but He is not seen at this time; coming in fire – Isaiah 66:15-16, Psalm 18:7-15.
    A Day quite different from the Return, when every eye will see Him; to come later.
    6/ This is the judgement of all the nations, especially those who scorn and denigrate His people. Zephaniah 3:8, Habakkuk 3:12, Ezekiel 30:2-5, Isaiah 63:1-6
    7/ We are told to pray and trust in the Lord’s protection on that terrible Day, Isaiah 30:15 but we are also warned about what will come and should make preparations for shelter and supplies, then to be aware of what He has planned for His people, now every faithful Christian from every tribe, race, nation and language. Isaiah 26:20-21, Isaiah 49:8-13, Psalms 55:1-8, Jeremiah 29:11-14

The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath will happen as the prophets say:

Moses prophesied: Deut. 32:22 & 41 Fire is set ablaze by the Lord’s anger, it burns to the depths of the hills and devours the earth and its harvest.

Hannah prophesied: 1 Samuel 2:10 Those who oppose the Lord will be terrified when from the heavens He thunders against them and judges all the world.

David prophesied: 2 Samuel 22:8-16 The heavens parted and the earth shook at the Lord’s rebuke of searing heat and devouring fire. Psalm 11:6 The Lord will rain fiery coals and scorching winds upon the heads of the wicked. Psalm 37:20 The godless will perish, like fuel in a furnace they will go up in smoke.

Solomon prophesied: Proverbs 10:25 When the tempest and whirlwind have passed, the wicked are no more.

Asaph prophesied: Psalm 50:3 God is coming, consuming fire goes ahead of Him and around Him a great storm rages. Psalm 83:13-15 The Lord will scatter His enemies like chaff and as a raging fire across the hills.

Ezra prophesied: 2 Esdras 16:14-15 Calamities are let loose and will not turn back before they strike the earth. The fire is alight and will not be put out before it consumes and devastates the earth.

Elihu prophesied: Job 36:32-33 The Lord charges thunderbolts with flames and launches them straight at His target. In His anger, he calls up the storm tempest and thunder heralds his coming.

Isaiah prophesied: Isaiah 9:18-19 Wicked men are set ablaze like a bush fire, they are fuel for the fire and the land is scorched by the fury of the Lord. Isaiah 29:6 Suddenly, in an instant punishment will come from the Lord with thunder, earthquakes, storm tempests and flames of devouring fire. Isaiah 34:1-5 Come, all you people and listen. The Lord is about to vent His wrath against the nations. He will give them up to slaughter and destruction and many will die. On that Day, the sky will be blasted aside, as His sword appears and descends in judgement, onto all who are doomed for death.

Jeremiah prophesied: Jeremiah 5:14 Because Israel defies Me, I shall burn up this people like brushwood. Jeremiah 7:20 My anger and fury will pour out on this place, everything will burn unquenched. Jeremiah 21:14 I shall set fire to your land, it will devour everything around about.

Ezekiel prophesied: Ezekiel 20:47-48 The Lord says: I am about to kindle a fire in the land, it will consume everything flammable. All will know that I have done this. Ezekiel 30:3-5 & 16 I shall set Egypt on fire. On the Day of Reckoning for the nations, Egypt and all the Arab lands will fall by the sword of judgement.

Hosea prophesied: Hosea 8:14 Israel has forgotten her Maker, they are rich and complacent, so I will burn her cities and fire will destroy her strongholds.

Joel prophesied: Joel 1:15 The Day is near, a terrible destruction from the Almighty, the land lies burnt and dry, for fire has consumed the trees and pastures. Joel 2:3 A devouring fire and leaping flames passes by, leaving behind a desolate wasteland, nothing survives its passing.

Amos prophesied: Amos 1:1-15 & 2:1-5 I shall send fire to consume Syria, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, Arabia and Israel.

Obadiah prophesied: Obadiah 1:18 The descendants of Esau will be set alight and burned up with no survivors.

Micah prophesied: Micah 5:10-11 On that Day, I will destroy your armed forces and burn your cities.

Habakkuk prophesied: Habakkuk 3:12 Furiously You traversed the earth, in anger You trample the nations.

Zephaniah prophesied: Zephaniah 1:18 The whole Land will be consumed by the fire from the Lord. He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the Land. Zephaniah 3:8 I will pour My wrath onto nations and kingdoms. My burning anger will consume the whole earth.

Haggai prophesied: Haggai 2:21-22 I shall shake the heavens and the earth, I will break the power of the heathen, destroying their armed forces.

Zechariah prophesied: Zechariah 9:14 The Lord will appear over His people like a flashing arrow, with thunder and storm winds.

Malachi prophesied: Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all arrogant and evildoers will be as stubble. That Day will set them ablaze, none will survive.

John prophesied: Matthew 3:10-12 The axe is ready to cut down any tree that does not bear good fruit and it will be thrown onto the fire. I baptize with water, but Jesus will baptize with the Holy Spirit and with fire. His winnowing fork is in His hand and he will gather His people, but the ungodly He will burn in the fire.

Jesus prophesied: Matthew 13:30 Tell the reapers to gather the weeds first for burning, then collect the good crop into My storehouse. Matthew 24:27 Like a lightning flash that lights the sky from East to West, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Paul prophesied: Romans 1:18 Divine retribution can be seen at work, falling from heaven onto all the ungodly people who deny the truth. 1 Corinthians 3:13 On the Day of judgement, that Day will dawn in fire and fire will test each person’s worth. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10 The Lord Jesus metes out His punishment of blazing fire onto all those who refuse to acknowledge God or the Gospel of Jesus. On that great Day He will reveal His glory to all believers.

Peter prophesied: 2 Peter 3:7 & 10 By God’s Word the present heavens and earth are reserved for burning, kept until the Day of judgement when the godless will be destroyed. Suddenly and unexpectedly the Lord will make the heavens disappear with a great sound and flames will envelope the earth, all in it will be brought to judgement.

The Revelation of Jesus: Revelation 14:18 From the altar came the angel with authority over fire, he said: reap the earth for the harvest is ripe. Revelation 6:17

For the great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath has come and who can stand? Malachi 3:2-3, Hebrews 10:27
    Reference: Revised English Bible. Some verses abridged and paraphrased.
    logostelos.info

Originally posted by Keraz View Post
    4/ The moon will burn brightly red as this CME mass of superheated hydrogen plasma hits it causing a thermite reaction with the aluminium oxide moon dust.

Can you give me any scripture reference for this kind of remark you made regarding the "Moon Dust" etc ....
    To God be the Glory

Comment

Nice work Keraz! I am going to copy these scriptures to reference later. I appreciate the work you put in and hope you don't mind if I use it. it looks like an exhaustive reference to the day of the Lord.

One thing...what do you mean by this:

5/ This sudden and unexpected Day is instigated by the Lord, but He is not seen at this time; coming in fire – Isaiah 66:15-16, Psalm 18:7-15.
      A Day quite different from the Return, when every eye will see Him; to come later.
      I see these judgments happening just before or during the second coming. I don't see the need to insert some secret unseen coming of the Lord. For instance, Isa 66:15-16 are a clear reference to the second coming as is Psa 18:7-15

Isa 66:15-16 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

I am just wondering why you see the need for an unseen coming.

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

Originally posted by angelmike View Post

Can you give me any scripture reference for this kind of remark you made regarding the "Moon Dust" etc ....
        Correction; There will be a thermoluminescent reaction when the superheated hydrogen plasma exploded out from the sun strikes the moon.
        The scriptures are; Isaiah 30:26....the moon shall shine as bright as the sun....
        Joel 2:31 and Revelation 6:12b... The sun will be darkened and the moon will shine blood red..

The darkening of the sun will be caused by the approaching mass obscuring it from us. When that mass strikes the moon, the moon dust, which consists mostly of oxides; mainly Aluminum Oxide, will flare up and the resultant very bright red reaction produces pure Aluminum and water,
        The interesting aside to this is; for people on earth to view this phenomenon before it hits us, the moon must be at or near the new moon phase. ,

Comment

Originally posted by shepherdsword View Post
          Nice work Keraz! I am going to copy these scriptures to reference later. I appreciate the work you put in and hope you don't mind if I use it. it looks like an exhaustive reference to the day of the Lord.

One thing...what do you mean by this:

I see these judgments happening just before or during the second coming. I don't see the need to insert some secret unseen coming of the Lord. For instance, Isa 66:15-16 are a clear reference to the second coming as is Psa 18:7-15

Isa 66:15-16 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

I am just wondering why you see the need for an unseen coming.
          Thank you, SW. We have discussed issues like this for a while now. Every day brings us closer to when the Lord will take action and the Prophets will be vindicated. They deserve recognition!

I do not see the Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath as part of the Great Trib, just before the Return. It just does not fit there.
          Revelation 6:12-17 shows it happens at the Sixth Seal, and prophesies like Isaiah 66:15-17 and Amos 5:18-20 simply do not relate to the glorious Return of Jesus.

At the 'coming' in fiery wrath, several prophesies state the Lord will not be seen on that Day; Psalms 11:4-6, Habakkuk 3:4, Psalms 18:11, +

Comment

Correction; There will be a thermoluminescent reaction when the superheated hydrogen plasma exploded out from the sun strikes the moon.
            The scriptures are; Isaiah 30:26....the moon shall shine as bright as the sun....
            Joel 2:31 and Revelation 6:12b... The sun will be darkened and the moon will shine blood red..

The darkening of the sun will be caused by the approaching mass obscuring it from us. When that mass strikes the moon, the moon dust, which consists mostly of oxides; mainly Aluminum Oxide, will flare up and the resultant very bright red reaction produces pure Aluminum and water,
            The interesting aside to this is; for people on earth to view this phenomenon before it hits us, the moon must be at or near the new moon phase. ,
            The word teaches God made two lights. One for the day and one for the night and the stars too. The moon is not a planet, but a light. Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
            To God be the Glory

Comment

The word teaches God made two lights. One for the day and one for the night and the stars too. The moon is not a planet, but a light. Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
              Agreed.
              But that fact has nothing to do with what we are told will happen on the Lord's terrible Day of wrath.

Are you worried about it, you should not be, as the Lord promises protection for His own.

Comment

Agreed.
                But that fact has nothing to do with what we are told will happen on the Lord's terrible Day of wrath.

Are you worried about it, you should not be, as the Lord promises protection for His own.
                Do you really think I'm worried about the things to come, my friend? I rather worry about those who do not know God. I know we as children of God are safe, but we are not protected from persecution.
                To God be the Glory

Comment

A ton of OT verses on days of coming destruction.
                  Thanks for putting those together.

From a quick review, I can see many of those days and scriptures were near prophecies foretelling Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and other OT judgements.

We should be careful to not attempt to point all of these to our future and the final future DOTL.

Given time, it would be a good study to examine the context of the historical settings of those verses and who, what, when those days of destruction were describing.
                  Jesus is YHWH the eternal Great I AM.
                  • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
                  • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
                  • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
                  • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                    A ton of OT verses on days of coming destruction.
                    Thanks for putting those together.

From a quick review, I can see many of those days and scriptures were near prophecies foretelling Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and other OT judgements.

We should be careful to not attempt to point all of these to our future and the final future DOTL.

Given time, it would be a good study to examine the context of the historical settings of those verses and who, what, when those days of destruction were describing.
                    These studies have been done. We have the Assyrian, Babylonian, etc; records and None of them tell about disasters such as is prophesied to happen on the Day the Lord sends His fiery wrath upon the earth.
                    As Jesus said: It will be as it was in the days of Noah.....when God sent water to flood the earth and wiped out the antediluvian civilization.

It is the false and devious theory of preterism, that tries to throw all the nasty prophesies into the past. I view that as the 'head in the sand' attitude.
                    Not the way we should be, as the Prophets do describe what the Lord will send and how it will happen. Even the timing is well indicated.

Comment

These studies have been done. We have the Assyrian, Babylonian, etc; records and None of them tell about disasters such as is prophesied to happen on the Day the Lord sends His fiery wrath upon the earth.
                      As Jesus said: It will be as it was in the days of Noah.....when God sent water to flood the earth and wiped out the antediluvian civilization.
                      Keraz,
                      I agree with you, there will definitely be a future Day of the Lord; it will be the Great Day of God Almighty, the Day of Judgement, the greatest event of Destruction and Wrath that has ever occurred.

You are however, making a mistake in lumping all of the Old Testament Day of the Lord and destruction passages together, as if there is only one Day of the Lord, and it only occurs in the final end-time, in our future, and there were no Day of the Lord events in the Old Testament historical accounts.

The phrase 'Day of the Lord' and others similar passages of judgment like it, were also used by prophets in the Old Testament, that had nothing to do with the final endtime Day of Judgment; but rather, solely had to do with a judgment Day of the Lord specific to their time, and the people being effected in their time.

I could go into details on many of the verses you listed, but one is sufficient for now.

Hosea 8:14 Israel has forgotten her Maker, they are rich and complacent, so I will burn her cities and fire will destroy her strongholds.

The context cannot be cherry-picked by one verse, then applied to the final endtime Day of the Lord.

Just examine the context of Hosea 8.

Hosea 1:1 tells us it's time of occuring (mid 700s B.C. during the reign of Ahaz), and II Kings 17 tells us that the Assyrian king it mentions, is King Shalmaneser.

The entire context of Hosea's writings, is in warning first and foremost, the Northern Kingdom of Israel of their impending destruction and Captivity by the Assyrians, for falling into Idolatry. Hosea even gives a deeper warning to the southern Kingdom of Judah, to not follow Israel's ways, hinting forward to the later Babylonian Captivitiy of Judah.

Nothing in the context of these verses, much less verse 8:14 as an island to itself, points the reader to our future endtime...and this is clear once you examine the context surrounding 8:14.

II Kings 17:1 In the twelfth year of Ahaz king of Judah began Hoshea the son of Elah to reign in Samaria over Israel nine years.
                      17:2 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, but not as the kings of Israel that were before him.
                      17:3 Against him came up Shalmaneser king of Assyria; and Hoshea became his servant, and gave him presents.

BOOK:Hosea
                      1:1 The word of the LORD that came unto Hosea, the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.
                      1:2 The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.

2:1 Say ye unto your brethren, Ammi; and to your sisters, Ruhamah.

5:3 I know Ephraim, and Israel is not hid from me: for now, O Ephraim, thou committest whoredom, and Israel is defiled.
                      5:4 They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not known the LORD.
                      5:5 And the pride of Israel doth testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity: Judah also shall fall with them.

5:9 Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke: among the tribes of Israel have I made known that which shall surely be.

5:13 When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.

6:10 I have seen an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredom of Ephraim, Israel is defiled.

7:1 When I would have healed Israel, then the iniquity of Ephraim was discovered, and the wickedness of Samaria: for they commit falsehood; and the thief cometh in, and the troop of robbers spoileth without.
                      7:2 And they consider not in their hearts that I remember all their wickedness: now their own doings have beset them about; they are before my face.
                      7:3 They make the king glad with their wickedness, and the princes with their lies.

7:10 And the pride of Israel testifieth to his face: and they do not return to the LORD their God, nor seek him for all this.

7:13 Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: destruction unto them! because they have transgressed against me: though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against me.

8:3 Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him.

8:8 Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.

8:14 For Israel hath forgotten his Maker, and buildeth temples; and Judah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities, and it shall devour the palaces thereof.

9:1 Rejoice not, O Israel, for joy, as other people: for thou hast gone a whoring from thy God, thou hast loved a reward upon every cornfloor.
                      9:2 The floor and the winepress shall not feed them, and the new wine shall fail in her.
                      9:3 They shall not dwell in the LORD's land; but Ephraim shall return to Egypt, and they shall eat unclean things in Assyria.

10:6 It shall be also carried unto Assyria for a present to king Jareb: Ephraim shall receive shame, and Israel shall be ashamed of his own counsel.

10:15 So shall Bethel do unto you because of your great wickedness: in a morning shall the king of Israel utterly be cut off.

Surely you can see the context of one verse you cited, 8:14 is related to the impending Assyrian invasion and the day of destruction that was faced during Hosea's life, not 2700+ years out of context into Hosea's future?

Consider examining more of the other passages as well, to verify and examine what their contexts are, as given by the passages and events and people involved in them.

It is the false and devious theory of preterism, that tries to throw all the nasty prophesies into the past. I view that as the 'head in the sand' attitude.
                      Not the way we should be, as the Prophets do describe what the Lord will send and how it will happen. Even the timing is well indicated.
                      I agree with you that Full-Preterism is a devious theory, because it places the future 2nd Coming of Christ, the future resurrection of the dead, the future great Day of Judgment, the future glorious New Heavens and New Earth, all in the past; having them fulfilled completely by 70 A.D.

I stand completely with you on agreeing that is false teaching.

However, to review the OT scriptures as they are given in context, and allow their context to set their venue, is not Full Preterism at all.
                      That is called sound scholarship and careful study.

To cherry-pick verses from the OT and mis-apply them out of their given context, and into the far future, may not be as serious a flaw as Full Preterism does, however, it is a careless mis-handling of verses we all should avoid doing.
                      Jesus is YHWH the eternal Great I AM.
                      • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
                      • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
                      • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
                      • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post

Keraz,
                        I agree with you, there will definitely be a future Day of the Lord; it will be the Great Day of God Almighty, the Day of Judgement, the greatest event of Destruction and Wrath that has ever occurred.

You are however, making a mistake in lumping all of the Old Testament Day of the Lord and destruction passages together, as if there is only one Day of the Lord, and it only occurs in the final end-time, in our future, and there were no Day of the Lord events in the Old Testament historical accounts.

The phrase 'Day of the Lord' and others similar passages of judgment like it, were also used by prophets in the Old Testament, that had nothing to do with the final endtime Day of Judgment; but rather, solely had to do with a judgment Day of the Lord specific to their time, and the people being effected in their time.

To cherry-pick verses from the OT and mis-apply them out of their given context, and into the far future, may not be as serious a flaw as Full Preterism does, however, it is a careless mis-handling of verses we all should avoid doing.
                        If you actually read what I post, you would see that I do not say there is just one Day of the Lord.

The soon to happen Lord's terrible Day of fiery wrath, is the next prophesied event. At least 10 years later, the Great Day of God Almighty, Revelation 16:14, will be the Return of Jesus.

Comment

The soon to happen Lord's terrible Day of fiery wrath, is the next prophesied event. At least 10 years later, the Great Day of God Almighty, Revelation 16:14, will be the Return of Jesus.
                          Can you explain to me the "10 years later". I do not quite understand what you are referring to, and where these 10 years are coming from.

To God be the Glory

Comment

Can you explain to me the "10 years later". I do not quite understand what you are referring to, and where these 10 years are coming from.
                            The given sequence of the end times events, is in Revelation. From the next prophesied event; the Sixth Seal world changer, up to the glorious Return, much must happen. About 10 years is the minimum for it all.

Comment

The given sequence of the end times events, is in Revelation. From the next prophesied event; the Sixth Seal world changer, up to the glorious Return, much must happen. About 10 years is the minimum for it all.

Of course, we do not know how long the Third World War will last before the AC begins the peace agreement. Not that the scripture refers to it at all, for we find no time bound to the fulfillment of the seals. The most important prophecy we are waiting for is the prophecy where the AC will sit in the temple. This will be the most important time for children of God, because our tribulation has reached its peak. Those who were unprepared will suffer greatly in the tribulation.
                              To God be the Glory

Comment

Working...
                              X