Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A major problem with the man child in Rev 12 being Christ

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A major problem with the man child in Rev 12 being Christ

    4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
    5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

    Okay so verse 5 if you believe which most do that the man child is Christ occurs in the first century but then we are to believe that verse 6 still has yet to occur?.

    6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

    Are we to think the woman is currently in heaven standing in front of the dragon since the cross waiting to flee into the wilderness? Would not verse 6 occur right after verse 5 and not thousands of years between. Are we to believe there is this big gap between verses? I think not.

    No the man child is the nation of Israel as stated only elsewhere in IS 66. Furthermore this man child "was" to rule. Christ WILL rule. Israel was to rule but due to their disobedience they will no longer rule the earth. The woman in Rev 12 is Zion not Mary LOL..

    7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
    8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.


    EZ 37 shows us the nations being born in a day. Dry bones.

    10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
    11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
    12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
    13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
    14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.


    Rev 14 shows the man child the remnant of Israel taken up to the throne.

    14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
    2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
    3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
    4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.






  • #2
    Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
    4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
    5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

    Okay so verse 5 if you believe which most do that the man child is Christ occurs in the first century but then we are to believe that verse 6 still has yet to occur?.

    6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

    Are we to think the woman is currently in heaven standing in front of the dragon since the cross waiting to flee into the wilderness? Would not verse 6 occur right after verse 5 and not thousands of years between. Are we to believe there is this big gap between verses? I think not.

    No the man child is the nation of Israel as stated only elsewhere in IS 66. Furthermore this man child "was" to rule. Christ WILL rule. Israel was to rule but due to their disobedience they will no longer rule the earth. The woman in Rev 12 is Zion not Mary LOL..

    7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
    8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.


    EZ 37 shows us the nations being born in a day. Dry bones.

    10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
    11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
    12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
    13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
    14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.


    Rev 14 shows the man child the remnant of Israel taken up to the throne.

    14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
    2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
    3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
    4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
    It is patently obvious that the 'man child of Revelation 12:5, is Jesus. He was taken up to heaven, Acts 1:11, and He will Return; to rule the world for the next 1000 years.
    But to conflate Isaiah 66:7-9 with it is error. That prophecy refers to the soon to happen establishment of the new nation of Beulah, God's Christian peoples in all of the holy land.

    Revelation 14:1-4 does NOT say anyone will be taken up to heaven. The Voice was heard FROM heaven.

    Comment


    • #3
      4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
      5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

      Okay so verse 5 if you believe which most do that the man child is Christ occurs in the first century but then we are to believe that verse 6 still has yet to occur?.
      Uh, there is 33 years inbetween verse 4 and 5. Why would you assume verse 6 happens right after verse 5?



      Obviously the man child is Christ.

      Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

      Identifying this man child is easy enough. Who was caught up to God's throne and was to rule all nations with a rod of iron?

      "who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron"

      Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

      Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

      Of course the child who would become a man that would rule over ALL NATIONS with a rod of iron is Jesus Christ.


      "caught up unto God, and to his throne"

      That's exactly what happened to Jesus:


      Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
      Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
      Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
      Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
      Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

      Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.


      Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
      Luk 24:50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
      Luk 24:51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.

      Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

      Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

      Rev_3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.


      The man child is also not the Church. The only time the church is mentioned is the last verse Of Revelation 12, when Satan goes to make war against her. The church is also a female in the language of Rev since she is the bride and soon to be wife. The church is never a male child because that would make for a homosexual marriage and that is clear error.
      James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

        Why would you assume verse 6 happens right after verse 5?
        Well she flees due to the dragon so why is she waiting? What are they having a stare down?

        In addition verse 6 is still yet future so if you took verse 5 to be in the first century and then verse 6 is still yet future does not make sense.

        Uh, there is 33 years in between verse 4 and 5
        When did this happen in the first century (verse 6)?

        6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

        Is not the 1260 days the same as the time,times, and a half in verse 14? Yes

        14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

        So when did also verse 14 happen in the first century.





        Obviously the man child is Christ.
        Obvious?

        For the man child to be Jesus would mean the woman would need to be Mary and she is obviously not Mary.


        Rev 12

        5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.


        IS 66

        7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
        8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

        Children (Nation/Israel/Dry Bones) = Man Child
        Woman = Zion (daughter)




        Comment


        • #5
          Well she flees due to the dragon so why is she waiting? What are they having a stare down?
          Still, no evidence that she fled right after the previous verse. It could be another 33 years or 3300 years.


          In addition verse 6 is still yet future so if you took verse 5 to be in the first century and then verse 6 is still yet future does not make sense.
          It's moot anyways. The war Satan goes to start against Christians in the last verse is in the endtimes and is the great tribulation.



          When did this happen in the first century (verse 6)?
          No one knows when it occurs or occurred. That's why I am saying your assumptions have no scriptural support for it6 happening in the first century.





          Obvious?

          For the man child to be Jesus would mean the woman would need to be Mary and she is obviously not Mary.
          Israel was a symbolic mother that birthed the Christ.



          James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Rev 12:1 And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

            It says this is a SIGN, and a SIGN speaks of something SEEN. John saw this SIGN which spoke of something SEEN,
            What are we told in scriptures by the angels?
            Luk 2:10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
            Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
            Luk 2:12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

            A sign was given - that of a baby.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
              Rev 12:1 And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

              It says this is a SIGN, and a SIGN speaks of something SEEN. John saw this SIGN which spoke of something SEEN,
              What are we told in scriptures by the angels?
              Luk 2:10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
              Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
              Luk 2:12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

              A sign was given - that of a baby.
              So who do you think the woman is?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                So who do you think the woman is?
                So the way I understand it is the woman in Rev 12:1 is a SIGN, which means it is NOT a literal woman.
                However there will be a literal woman who will give birth, who will then be corresponding WITH the SIGN and seen as a fulfilment of that sign, as also noted here:
                Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

                Mat 1:22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet:
                Mat 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

                What this means is that the PHYSICAL woman who gives birth is NOT the SAME thing as the VISION woman clothed in the sun, however she is a SIGN of what is happening in the heavenlies. It is a difficult concept to convey as it is different to simple symbols, where we have a Beast representing the AC and also the ACs kingdom. However this is the nearest way to understand it.

                Perhaps another way is to consider what does "clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet" actually mean?
                There are TWO ideas, both of which may be correct:
                1) It is a reference to the dream of Joseph - where the sun and moon speaks of Joseph's mother and father. Jesus is born of the line of David through BOTH mother and father.
                2) It is a reference to the time when Jesus was born. You can follow the thinking here:
                https://bethlehemstar.com/

                In summary, what I am saying is that John is told about a SIGN in heaven, and there is a corresponding SIGN on the earth.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
                  What this means is that the PHYSICAL woman who gives birth is NOT the SAME thing as the VISION woman clothed in the sun,
                  The problem with that analogy is that the dragon which is in heaven DOES come to earth but the woman in heaven does not? Seems convenient interpretation.

                  Not only that you appear to believe this woman is then Mary. When did Mary go into the wilderness 3.5 years and rest events of Rev 12. So even if the woman is different which is on earth when did any woman be subject to those events upon the earth?


                  Perhaps another way is to consider what does "clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet" actually mean?
                  There are TWO ideas, both of which may be correct:
                  1) It is a reference to the dream of Joseph - where the sun and moon speaks of Joseph's mother and father. Jesus is born of the line of David through BOTH mother and father.
                  Well the dream does let us identify that the 12 stars around the woman are the 12 sons, the 12 tribes of Israel.

                  Now what woman has the 12 tribes surrounding it? The city of God. We see that the 12 tribes will inhabit surrounding the city described in EZ 47, 48 and we see her with 12 gates of the 12 tribes in Rev 21. And we see her with the moon and the sun between her thus currently this woman is in the heavens. This city, Jerusalem whether upon earth or in the heavens whether old or new has always been described as a woman. Not to mention in Rev alone we see a woman referenced to as a city. Again what great city shall reign over the earth? The city of God.

                  18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

                  Now the mystery is that this woman which is currently in the heavens come to earth before the seconding coming. How does this happen? How does the city of God come to earth? Well it happens later in Rev 22 so not such a stretch to happen prior. This is the mystery and this sets up the strongest delusion possible. A king other than Christ claiming to be God from the actual temple of God!!!!!. How will it be possible to discern?


                  2) It is a reference to the time when Jesus was born. You can follow the thinking here:
                  https://bethlehemstar.com/
                  The problem is that most have conceded that the man child is Christ and then as yourself build a case to support it. In doing so fail to understand the deception as I point out above, hmmm makes you wonder who is behind the lies. Understanding the woman correctly is key for future instruction. I ask someone out there to remember this....

                  Note this will be the (woman) city, holy place currently now in heaven which comes to earth for the last 3.5 yearsas seen in Rev 12 and supported in Rev 11 same time frame.

                  2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

                  4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

                  15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)


                  33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
                  ]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                    The problem with that analogy is that the dragon which is in heaven DOES come to earth but the woman in heaven does not? Seems convenient interpretation.
                    Not really a problem as it is the WOMAN who is the SIGN. Is the dragon called a SIGN? Yes, so not really a problem. For this is a SIGN in heaven.
                    What does a SIGN do? It points TO something. Now the dragon is also a symbolic representation of something.
                    Perhaps I am wrong, but the woman in heaven is spoken of as a SIGN of something God WILL DO!
                    The Dragon meanwhile is an enactment of what Satan then does.

                    God's SIGN as I showed you from the NT is the birth of His Son. The SIGN shows it will be a woman of the people of Israel. The timing may or may not be seen depending on how you view the evidence.
                    However WHEN God's SIGN occurs THEN the dragon's SIGN happens.
                    Now the ENACTMENT of the SIGN is ON earth, and this is why John then sees the dragon on earth, who tries various means to devour the child, and fails constantly!

                    There is NO problem with the fulfilment of the SIGN being seen in Mary giving birth to Jesus, or that Satan tries to kill Jesus, and then tries tempting Jesus, but that Jesus triumphs and ascends to heaven.

                    Where you are really challenging the narrative is verse 6 because you have the woman being Mary. But when the WOMAN in verse 1 is NOT Mary but a representation and a SIGN then your issue falls down. The WOMAN speaks of Israel, and the SIGN is the coming of Jesus to Israel.
                    Some point to 688 AD as the year when the Dome of the Rock was started, and that 1260 years then start from that time - the period the woman is in the desert. This is a possible meaning. I am not convinced but it holds some merit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                      4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
                      5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

                      Okay so verse 5 if you believe which most do that the man child is Christ occurs in the first century but then we are to believe that verse 6 still has yet to occur?.

                      6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

                      Are we to think the woman is currently in heaven standing in front of the dragon since the cross waiting to flee into the wilderness? Would not verse 6 occur right after verse 5 and not thousands of years between. Are we to believe there is this big gap between verses? I think not.

                      No the man child is the nation of Israel as stated only elsewhere in IS 66. Furthermore this man child "was" to rule. Christ WILL rule. Israel was to rule but due to their disobedience they will no longer rule the earth. The woman in Rev 12 is Zion not Mary LOL..

                      7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
                      8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.


                      EZ 37 shows us the nations being born in a day. Dry bones.

                      10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
                      11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
                      12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
                      13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
                      14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.


                      Rev 14 shows the man child the remnant of Israel taken up to the throne.

                      14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
                      2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
                      3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
                      4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.




                      The man child is very obviously Jesus.

                      What do you think it's referring to when it says "her child was caught up to God, and to His throne"? Does that not make you think of Christ's ascension?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
                        Where you are really challenging the narrative is verse 6 because you have the woman being Mary.
                        The vision of the woman, stars is Zion. The woman herself is the daughter of Zion, the city..

                        She gives birth to the nation of Israel, the man child, IS 66..

                        Not sure where you thought I thought the woman was Mary....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by John146 View Post
                          The man child is very obviously Jesus.

                          What do you think it's referring to when it says "her child was caught up to God, and to His throne"? Does that not make you think of Christ's ascension?
                          Yes, immediately my human mind does this of Christ's ascension. But does this align with scriptures?

                          First we need to determine who the woman is....she is in heaven, she has 12 stars around her who are the 12 tribes. Thus the woman can't be Mary, the woman would then need to be Zion, Jerusalem (heavenly).

                          So then is Christ born of Zion, Jerusalem (heavenly)? I guess one could say indirectly but we have scriptures note the only other scripture which states man child describing the child to be the nation of Israel. In the following verses we see a woman, Zion, the man child, the children of Israel.

                          7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
                          8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

                          Note EZ 37 dry bones shows us the earth bring forth this man child, the nation of Israel in one day. The 144,000.

                          Yes Christ was caught up to God but so too are these 144,000. They are the firstfruit unto God redeemed from the earth.

                          Rev 14

                          1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
                          4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

                          Zion is in heaven, the daughter is who comes to earth. Note these 144,000 are with Christ in Zion before the second coming, again they are firstfruits unto God and caught up to his throne.


                          So if you just looked at the verse without study you come up with Christ as the man child which obviously is the wrong answer.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                            The vision of the woman, stars is Zion. The woman herself is the daughter of Zion, the city..
                            She gives birth to the nation of Israel, the man child, IS 66..
                            Not sure where you thought I thought the woman was Mary....
                            I don't think you thought the woman was Mary.
                            There are however TWO women in Rev 12 - the woman in heaven and the woman on earth.
                            The two women are related, for the one is of the other. Yet the heavenly one is not an actual woman, but rather there is an actual woman who is of the heavenly one and who gives birth.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
                              I don't think you thought the woman was Mary.
                              There are however TWO women in Rev 12 - the woman in heaven and the woman on earth.
                              The two women are related, for the one is of the other. Yet the heavenly one is not an actual woman, but rather there is an actual woman who is of the heavenly one and who gives birth.
                              So who is this earthly woman? When has this happened in the past? Surely you dont think this is Mary?

                              And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle,
                              that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place,
                              where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
                              And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman,
                              And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood

                              These characteristics can not relate to a physical woman however they can better relate to a city. Are not cities flooded?

                              Clearly Revelation itself gives us interpretation to what a woman can be....

                              18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

                              So equating the woman to a city is founded on scripture. So why can't you accept that the woman is a city?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X