Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does not EZ 47:12 parallel with Rev 22:2 prove EZ 47 & 48 are in eternity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does not EZ 47:12 parallel with Rev 22:2 prove EZ 47 & 48 are in eternity?

EZ 47

12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Rev 22

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Ezekiel 47:1-11 leading up to 47:12 discuss this river.

Ezekiel 47:1 also says this:

47:1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

So what did 47:1's afterwards point back to? What is the door of the house that Ezekiel was brought back 'again' to?

the 5 prior verses to 47:1 refer to the vision of the temple as the house being referred to.

46:20 Then said he unto me, This is the place where the priests shall boil the trespass offering and the sin offering, where they shall bake the meat offering; that they bear them not out into the utter court, to sanctify the people.
    46:21 Then he brought me forth into the utter court, and caused me to pass by the four corners of the court; and, behold, in every corner of the court there was a court.
    46:22 In the four corners of the court there were courts joined of forty cubits long and thirty broad: these four corners were of one measure.
    46:23 And there was a row of building round about in them, round about them four, and it was made with boiling places under the rows round about.
    46:24 Then said he unto me, These are the places of them that boil, where the ministers of the house shall boil the sacrifice of the people.

17 verses earlier, Ezekiel mentions the door.

46:3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the LORD in the sabbaths and in the new moons.
    46:4 And the burnt offering that the prince shall offer unto the LORD in the sabbath day shall be six lambs without blemish, and a ram without blemish.

Can we analyze 47:12 in a box against Rev 22:2; or do we need to first analyze the context of 47:12, and the details of the setting sourrounding it; then after a fuller picture, then see if the entire picture of this venue can be harmonized with Rev 21-22s venue?

I agree with you that taken in isolated boxes to themselves, Rev:22:2 sounds like John is making a similar description to Ezekiel's description in 47:12.

If Ezekeil and John are describing the same venue, then the larger context and comparison of both venues should harmonize.

If John is only referencing a verse from Ezekiel to make a comparison or a point, then we need to also decide that his intent was.

Personally, I find it inconsistent to separate any of Ezekiel 40-48 from each other, as it all seems to tie in together as one passage, and one vision being explained.

One other thing of note, possible, is the river Chebar.

Ezekiel tells us back in chapter 3 where Chebar is.

3:15 Then I came to them of the captivity at Telabib, that dwelt by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days.

It is the river that flows by the tow Telabib.

The town Telabib, is near the Sumarian ancient capital of Nihhur,between Babylon and Ur.

Jesus is YHWH the eternal Great I AM.
    • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
    • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
    • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
    • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
      EZ 47

12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Rev 22

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Something you may not have thought about, Ezekiel 47 also proves there is still death in the eternal age, this assuming the eternal age is meant in verse 12, where I myself am convinced verse 12 involves forever. After all, only an age that has no end could possibly explain this part in verse 12...whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed.

Some of us know exactly what this implies...neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed...and I'm guessing you are included among those of us who know what that implies.

As to my initial point about death still occurring in the eternal age, here's what proves it. But I'm not suggesting humans will be dying in the eternal age, though.

Ezekiel 47:9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
      10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many

Notice what verse 10 says...the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets. What does logic say they do with the fish once they catch them in their nets? Do they not get these ready for human consumption? Obviously, fish die in order to be consumed by humans. So, who is going to be eating fish in the eternal age? Mortals or immortals? Why not immortals? We see plenty evidence in the OT, where angels, who I take to be immortal beings, eating meals with mortal humans, meals mortal humans prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by divaD View Post

Something you may not have thought about, Ezekiel 47 also proves there is still death in the eternal age, this assuming the eternal age is meant in verse 12, where I myself am convinced verse 12 involves forever. After all, only an age that has no end could possibly explain this part in verse 12...whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed.
        There is no Death in Eternity. Revelation 21:4
        That proves Ezekiel 40 to 48 is before Eternity.

I see those chapters as describing the Lords faithful people inhabiting all of the holy Land; BEFORE Jesus Returns. Proved by how they have a leader, a ruler, who has children. Ezekiel 46:16-17
        Note; in Hosea 1:11 and Jeremiah 30:21, how the Christian Israelite people of God, who will migrate to and occupy all that area between the Nile and the Euphrates, will elect for themselves a leader. Must be before Jesus Returns and the Millennium.

Comment

Something you may not have thought about, Ezekiel 47 also proves there is still death in the eternal age,

David, you should know I have already thought of this........

The way I see death in eternity is that it happens outside the gates of the city. I believe when rev 21 says there is no more death that it strictly implies within the city itself. The saints are living within, Israel without. As you point out folks will be eating, animals will be dying. I see also people buying and selling outside the gates with these goods. Will humans die? This of course could only be possible if there are offspring after the initial population. Or is the better question can they not die but just be thrown into the LOF by God? Perhaps immortals can procreate, we do see those which are disobedient and receive a plague from God so perhaps they can't die a first death but can be thrown into the LOF and still be immortal? I mean those which will be in the LOF are immortal, right? I think we think being immortal always means in a righteous sense. Perhaps no one dies but they are just continuously under the correction from God.

I think people's ideas of eternity are confined to the city however there is definitely life going on outside the city walls which is in contrast to the life inside the city.

I never noticed this verse before but it sure does support my procreation in eternity....note this is mentioned after the verse speaking of the river, tree, and fruit.

EZ 37

22 And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Keraz View Post

There is no Death in Eternity. Revelation 21:4
            That proves Ezekiel 40 to 48 is before Eternity.
            2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
            3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
            4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Think of this....

Possibility 1. Who are "their eyes" ? That would be those whom are the bride, right. So are all those who enter eternity the bride of Christ? Are the saints and the remnant of Israel both the bride of Christ? So then no more death would imply to the one group "saints" living in the city.

Possibility 2. That no more death implies to the initial bride but not to their offspring.

never noticed this verse before....

EZ 37

22 And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.

Possibility 3. That no more death implies to people but animals will still die as we will eat in eternity.

I see those chapters as describing the Lords faithful people inhabiting all of the holy Land; BEFORE Jesus Returns. Proved by how they have a leader, a ruler, who has children. Ezekiel 46:16-17
            Note; in Hosea 1:11 and Jeremiah 30:21, how the Christian Israelite people of God, who will migrate to and occupy all that area between the Nile and the Euphrates, will elect for themselves a leader. Must be before Jesus Returns and the Millennium.
            This sure does signal after Jesus returns.....

35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there.

Comment

So it seems by interpreting Rev 21-22 as you do, you align similarly in eschatology with Full-Preterism, which sees the curse of sin and death being perpetual, and there never being a Great day of judgment, and no future age where and end to sin and death is ended and God’s creation is never perfected.
              If not in Rev 21-22, then where?
              • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
              • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
              • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
              • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                So it seems by interpreting Rev 21-22 as you do, you align similarly in eschatology with Full-Preterism, which sees the curse of sin and death being perpetual, and there never being a Great day of judgment, and no future age where and end to sin and death is ended and God’s creation is never perfected.
                If not in Rev 21-22, then where?
                No. In eternity there is no more curse judgement upon man rather God is judge of the affairs of man.

The new earth is much like the flood in example however in the new earth sin does not reign only God. In eternity there is procreation to those outside the city whom God will rule with a rod of Iron, does that include death by him but not by sin? Perhaps not however we do see he does send plagues to those which seems disobedient which would be pain and sorrow though.

God is king of king in eternity, why there need a king and rule if all subjects are perfect? Would not God want the pleasure of mankind turning to him and understanding his greatness throughout eternity and not just a short while?

Comment

This sure does signal after Jesus returns.....

35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there.
                  Your 3 'possibilities' are just speculation and they all make Revelation 21:4 to be a false statement. No Death, means what it says.

God was there in Solomon's Temple, as the Shekinah Glory. And it was Jesus who guided the Israelites out of Egypt. 1 Corinthians 10:4
                  He will come into the new Temple; Ezekiel 43:1-4 As a Spiritual Being.

There are many prophesies that tell about the Lord's people; all the faithful Christians, living in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land, BEFORE Jesus Returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Keraz View Post
                    Your 3 'possibilities' are just speculation and they all make Revelation 21:4 to be a false statement. No Death, means what it says.

God was there in Solomon's Temple, as the Shekinah Glory. And it was Jesus who guided the Israelites out of Egypt. 1 Corinthians 10:4
                    He will come into the new Temple; Ezekiel 43:1-4 As a Spiritual Being.

There are many prophesies that tell about the Lord's people; all the faithful Christians, living in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land, BEFORE Jesus Returns.
                    There very well be no more death and defiantly not by death by sin. It does say no more death, sorrow, pain, crying. So if God sends out a plague to those which dot not obey him then there would be pain and sorrow and crying outside the city. Then IF there were to be death it would be only at the hands of the righteous God.

Comment

There very well be no more death and defiantly not by death by sin. It does say no more death, sorrow, pain, crying. So if God sends out a plague to those which dot not obey him then there would be pain and sorrow and crying outside the city. Then IF there were to be death it would be only at the hands of the righteous God.
                      No death means No Death.
                      Remember Eternity is a spiritual state, so there isn't any mortal humans or animals then.

Comment

The error is made because Rev 21 & 22 is taken as meaning for eternity.
                        However Rev 21 & 22 is speaking of the NEXT age, which is the MK age.

Eph 2:7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

There is the coming age, when Jesus has returned and with the NJ coming down out of heaven and IN which there is no death and no wrong thing.
                        Then there is the age after that when death is itself cast into the LoF (after the MK and the GWToJ).

This is why Eze 47 has death in it, why Isa 65 & 66 has death in it and why Rev 21 & 22 has death in it.
                        This ALSO explains why the need for healing and for the river of life to bring life to the lands which were full of death.

Comment

Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
                          The error is made because Rev 21 & 22 is taken as meaning for eternity.
                          However Rev 21 & 22 is speaking of the NEXT age, which is the MK age.

Eph 2:7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

There is the coming age, when Jesus has returned and with the NJ coming down out of heaven and IN which there is no death and no wrong thing.
                          Then there is the age after that when death is itself cast into the LoF (after the MK and the GWToJ).

This is why Eze 47 has death in it, why Isa 65 & 66 has death in it and why Rev 21 & 22 has death in it.
                          This ALSO explains why the need for healing and for the river of life to bring life to the lands which were full of death.
                          Does this mean you think the tree of life will be done away with after the GWTJ?

Comment

Some of us know exactly what this implies...neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed...and I'm guessing you are included among those of us who know what that implies.

As to my initial point about death still occurring in the eternal age, here's what proves it. But I'm not suggesting humans will be dying in the eternal age, though.

Ezekiel 47:9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
                            10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many

Notice what verse 10 says...the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets. What does logic say they do with the fish once they catch them in their nets? Do they not get these ready for human consumption? Obviously, fish die in order to be consumed by humans. So, who is going to be eating fish in the eternal age? Mortals or immortals? Why not immortals? We see plenty evidence in the OT, where angels, who I take to be immortal beings, eating meals with mortal humans, meals mortal humans prepared.

Why are you so willing to contradict clear scripture with your interpretations of other less clear scripture, including of a difficult to interpret prophecy like Ezekiel 40-48?

What you're saying here completely contradicts this passage:

1 Cor 15:22 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

The last enemy for Jesus to destroy is death. Do you not think He will do that? Of course He will! Your doctrine that there will still be mortals dying in the eternal age is very offensive because it implies that Jesus will not destroy the last enemy, death, even though Paul said He will.

Here is another passage that your view blatantly contradicts:

Luke 20:34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.

This one speaks for itself. No one will die in the eternal age to come.

Here is yet another clear passage that your view blatantly contradicts:

Revelation 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. 21:1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

How can people still die at this point when death has been thrown into the lake of fire? John didn't say "there will be no more death" for nothing. There can't be any more death at that point since death itself will be thrown into the eternal lake of fire.

The moment you interpret any passage of scripture that contradicts other clear passages of scripture like these, you need to re-evaluate how you are interpreting that scripture.

So, how to explain Ezekiel 40-48 then without contradicting other clear scripture?

One option is to just assume that the clear, straightforward scripture isn't really as clear and straightforward as it seems and then proceed to try to make those scriptures say something besides what they clearly say? No, that's not a good option. Our doctrinal foundation should be clear scripture, not difficult to interpret scripture like Ezekiel 47.

Another option is to determine if the Ezekiel 40-48 prophecy should be understood metaphorically and symbolically rather than literally? That's possible, but the amount of minute details given in the prophecy isn't typical of symbolic language.

Yet another option is to view the Ezekiel 40-48 prophecy as being conditional upon the requirement for the Israelites of that time to repent of their sins in order to have that temple built for them. But they were not repentant of their sins, so it was not built. That is my view. The following shows that it was conditional:

Ezekiel 43:10 “Son of man, describe the temple to the people of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their sins. Let them consider its perfection, 11 and if they are ashamed of all they have done, make known to them the design of the temple—its arrangement, its exits and entrances—its whole design and all its regulations[d] and laws. Write these down before them so that they may be faithful to its design and follow all its regulations.

This interpretation does not contradict any other scripture and prevents the horrible idea of the reinstituting of animal sacrifices in the future "for the atonement of the people of Israel" (Ezekiel 45:17) that the prophecy talks about.

Comment

No. In eternity there is no more curse judgement upon man rather God is judge of the affairs of man.

The new earth is much like the flood in example however in the new earth sin does not reign only God. In eternity there is procreation to those outside the city
                              The New Earth is much different than the flood.
                              They have some similarities, in that the both involve destroying all of the wicked either by water or by fire, and only the righteous survive; but the difference between
                              the two is that the Resurrection and change from corruptible to incorruptible didn't occur after the Flood, but it does occur prior to the New Earth.

Likewise, after the Flood, nothing is mentioned about the end of the curse of sin or death.
                              Contrarily, Revelation 21:4 and 22:3 tell us in the New Earth, the curse of sin and death no longer exist.

I find no mention in Revelation 21-22 involving Procreation.

When I look at Rev 12-22, the only people mentioned 'outside the city' are those burning in the Lake of Fire.

Rev 20:14 the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
                              Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away

So we know at the point of 20:15 everyone not written in the book of life is now venued only in the Lake of Fire. Not outside of the City.
                              We see this confirmed a few verses later.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
                              Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

So the only ones who may not enter in, those who are without, are the same sorcerers and murderers and whoremongers and liars from verse 21:8, who are definately outside of the city, and cannot enter the city, because they are in the Lake of Fire.

God is king of king in eternity, why there need a king and rule if all subjects are perfect?
                              Because God is our King. He is our Ruler. He is our Lord of Lords and King of Kings and God of Gods, and all everlasting glory and honor are to Him, the true King of Israel.
                              God was King from eternity past to eternity future; even before man and the physical universe was created.

Psalms 10:16 The LORD is King for ever and ever

Psalms 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Psalms 29:10 the LORD sitteth King for ever.

Isaiah44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Would not God want the pleasure of mankind turning to him and understanding his greatness throughout eternity and not just a short while?
                              Sounds like an interesting theory, except that Scripture doesn't reveal this theory.
                              Scripture says many times there will be a great judgment day of all mankind, and all the wicked will be cast into the fire, and all the redeemed, will inherit everlasting life, and be changed.

Jesus tells us that after the Day of Judgment and the Resurrection has occurred, there will be no procreation. Procreation is only condoned by God in the boundary of mortal earthly marriage in this present life. When the old earth is passed away, and the resurrection has occurred, and all things are new, there will be no more procreation.

Luke 20:28 Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
                              20:29 There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children. And the second took her to wife, and he died childless. And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died. Last of all the woman died also. Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife. And Jesus answering said unto them,
                              The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. "

Comment

Working...
                              X