Discerning the signs of the times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discerning the signs of the times

Christians should feel very uncomfortable about the world in which we are living. It is in total darkness. No one seeks after God. And the Godly seem to be far away from Him. Men can discern the weather patterns but they cannot see beyond their noses as far the end of the world is concerned.
    The only doctrines that matter are the ones that deals with salvation. And to think that after 2000 years, the understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith is still debatable for most is truly amazing. The Devil has truly come out on top so to speak, but all this has been predicted by the bible as it says many are called but few are chosen. Broad is the way to destruction and narrow is the way to life.

The thief on the cross took a couple of seconds to figure it out. Lazarus who lived outside the rich man's gate was a poor beggar and could not have had much of an education, and many gentiles in Jesus's day who did not have the oracles of God showed brilliant faith that seem to startle Jesus Christ himself.

But somehow the people of today seem to think that they have to buy many books, and listen to the most respected and highly educated people in order to come to God. The Devil is not to blame as He is only a deceiver and cannot force anyone to do anything that they do not want to do.

The bible teaches long suffering for all those who would be saved. But everyone wants to be comfortable and that is anti-Christianity. The truth is called a lie today and thus many of the bible truths are not only being compromised but are actually thrown out the window.

Paul calls the quest for salvation a race or a fight as it is God alone who determines the status of a person's salvation. And thus since the Holy Spirit can be grieved and subsequently quenched, one is always in a struggle to keep his faith intact and moving forward. The bible talks about the righteous being scarcely saved and that alone should let us know that the fight or the race is never over until it is over.

Faith is only the beginning as Peter in 2nd Peter 1 vs 5 adds a list of things that we have to add to our faith to be assured that we are going in the right direction. Of course we cannot do anything in our own strength but at least we can know if we are measuring up to God's standard.

In Christiany the rule is not in doing anything towards our salvation as such but rather in not doing the things that will bring us down. For example - coming out from among them, suggests keeping your mind focused on the things of God rather than on the things of the world. Even Solomon, the wisest man, could not walk a straight line, after he started to mix with the heathen crowd.

The controversy today is whether the signs of the times are physical or spiritual. Unfortunately for most it is not simply a yes or no answer. My personal belief is that for the most part they will all be spiritual except for those cases where the Jewish nation is in view and all things for them were all based on the physical and visual. But they too in the end will enter into the perfect promises of Christ's spirituality, which was always God's plan for all eternity.

So navigating the Christian faith is not going to be based on some formula but rather on the leading of the Holy Spirit. The bible ultimately is a spiritual book and should never be taken literally unless you use the term spiritual-literal. For the true Christian it will appear literal to Him only because He is walking in the Spirit. But outside of the Spirit it will be a stumbling block.

In order to keep things simple, I will only address one topic only and that is the topic of Spirituality. I know I will not get any readers, maybe only 1 or 2 because most Christians believe in the physical. But that is perfectly Ok, because God's will will be done as the angels in heaven rejoice over 1 soul that enters the kingdom of heaven.

The concept of the spiritual is hard to write about because you cannot touch or see spiritual things because they are only described in words in the bible. But the word of God is life and is based on faith, and not on anything that one can prove. That is where a step of faith comes into play, true faith, which insists that we believe that what God has said is true, and not only believing in those things that we can relate to or empathize with.

The only things that we can relate to in real time are the things of this world and the bible says that He who loves the things of this world is not of God. Therefore we have to find God in the spiritual world, because we have to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. The Spirit world can really only be experienced in God's promises to us in this world.

I am having a very hard time writing this post, because Truth can only be experienced in one's life by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and cannot be passed from one physical head to the other. The Holy Spirit actually in-dwells the believer and not in the way that the Pentecostals describe it by jumping up and down and speaking in tongues etc. But the Holy Spirit gives understanding which results in the fruits of the Spirit realizing themselves in his life. And this brings us back to the concept of faith. Without faith one cannot please God. Faith may seem like blind faith if you cannot see or hear or feel what you believe in. But that is the whole point of faith, it is not faith if you can actually sense it. That is why a premium is placed on the word of God as life and life everlasting. Phillip and most of the other disciples had to see the risen lord before they could believe but Jesus said that many would come after, who would believe without any proofs. It is similar to trying to walk on water, almost no one would ever consider in their right mind to attempt something like that, but that is what faith in this world is all about. It is about believing that there is a spirit operating within us because the bible told us so, and so there is no need for us to put our intellectual and studying habits first, as Solomon alludes to in Ecclesiastes 12. He calls it a weariness of the flesh.

It is only with the Spirit that we can see things that others cannot see. Like Gehazi, Elisha's servant. One has to believe in the spiritual world else he will be stuck in this carnal sinful world without any hope.

Comment

I am not living in total darkness, and nor is the world I am living in, for as the prophet said - the Gentiles have seen a light.
      It is up to us to bring His light to the world.

As for the thread idea of are signs physical or spiritual - the reality is that the Spirit and the Body are linked. We sin with our body but this also affects our spirit. We err if we try to make things all one or the other without recognising the connection.
      Jesus gave His body to pay the price for our sins. Physical for Spiritual.

Many signs as stated are physical manifestations, whilst others are symbolic explanations. Revelation is full of BOTH as are most prophesies.

Comment

As Jesus told John, when John was complaining that there were others doing works in His name, Jesus told him to leave them alone, if they were not against us, then they were for us.
        So I guess that God's illumination comes in different ways and at different times to all people. I can only say the same thing to you, press forward with studying the word of God and He will lighten your pathway.

But as for me, I have to impress upon my brothers and sisters that total darkness is upon the face of the earth at this time, and it is so dire, I am at a loss for words to explain it. I can only encourage everyone who calls on the name of Christ to fear God and flee evil as our salvation draweth nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablocito View Post
          Christians should feel very uncomfortable about the world in which we are living. It is in total darkness. No one seeks after God. And the Godly seem to be far away from Him. Men can discern the weather patterns but they cannot see beyond their noses as far the end of the world is concerned.
          The only doctrines that matter are the ones that deals with salvation. And to think that after 2000 years, the understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith is still debatable for most is truly amazing. The Devil has truly come out on top so to speak, but all this has been predicted by the bible as it says many are called but few are chosen. Broad is the way to destruction and narrow is the way to life.

The thief on the cross took a couple of seconds to figure it out. Lazarus who lived outside the rich man's gate was a poor beggar and could not have had much of an education, and many gentiles in Jesus's day who did not have the oracles of God showed brilliant faith that seem to startle Jesus Christ himself.

But somehow the people of today seem to think that they have to buy many books, and listen to the most respected and highly educated people in order to come to God. The Devil is not to blame as He is only a deceiver and cannot force anyone to do anything that they do not want to do.

The bible teaches long suffering for all those who would be saved. But everyone wants to be comfortable and that is anti-Christianity. The truth is called a lie today and thus many of the bible truths are not only being compromised but are actually thrown out the window.

Paul calls the quest for salvation a race or a fight as it is God alone who determines the status of a person's salvation. And thus since the Holy Spirit can be grieved and subsequently quenched, one is always in a struggle to keep his faith intact and moving forward. The bible talks about the righteous being scarcely saved and that alone should let us know that the fight or the race is never over until it is over.

Faith is only the beginning as Peter in 2nd Peter 1 vs 5 adds a list of things that we have to add to our faith to be assured that we are going in the right direction. Of course we cannot do anything in our own strength but at least we can know if we are measuring up to God's standard.

In Christiany the rule is not in doing anything towards our salvation as such but rather in not doing the things that will bring us down. For example - coming out from among them, suggests keeping your mind focused on the things of God rather than on the things of the world. Even Solomon, the wisest man, could not walk a straight line, after he started to mix with the heathen crowd.
          It took me a long time to figure out that not only is the world in total darkness but so are most of the organized religions of the world. The Devil has sown tares almost from the beginning. It breaks my heart (and horrifies me) to realize that most of the Christian religions I've been a part of in my life are on the wrong track.

All we can do is try to be Christ's light in the world and hope it will influence someone.
          Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post

It took me a long time to figure out that not only is the world in total darkness but so are most of the organized religions of the world. The Devil has sown tares almost from the beginning. It breaks my heart (and horrifies me) to realize that most of the Christian religions I've been a part of in my life are on the wrong track.

All we can do is try to be Christ's light in the world and hope it will influence someone.
            Actually realizing that the world is in total darkness is really for us who have eyes to see.
            We will come under great pressure without us knowing it, to cede our will to the spirit of the prince of the air, who is the devil. This is like being sucked into a great big vacuum, and if we do not have the strength to withstand or in spiritual terms, we have not been sanctified by the Holy Spirit. We will become part of those falling away as described in 1st Thess 2 vs 3. The falling away are those who have a form of religion but no power behind it.

Comment

Actually realizing that the world is in total darkness is really for us who have eyes to see.
              We will come under great pressure without us knowing it, to cede our will to the spirit of the prince of the air, who is the devil. This is like being sucked into a great big vacuum, and if we do not have the strength to withstand or in spiritual terms, we have not been sanctified by the Holy Spirit. We will become part of those falling away as described in 1st Thess 2 vs 3. The falling away are those who have a form of religion but no power behind it.

Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

Comment

My writings will always be controversial and will of course upset a lot of people but I will try to keep them concise and short so that they will always offer only bite-size information.

Most Christians who follow other people or teachers are usually not true Christians.

They follow them because they cannot understand the bible for themselves.

And they cannot understand the bible because they are not true Christians or children of God.

More often than not, the teachers themselves also cannot understand the bible and are following the teachings of their organization whose founder might have been a false prophet.

To be sure the origin and source of most of these teachings are from Satan, the great deceiver.

There is only one lesson to be learned from all of the above and that is to seek God yourself and get the truth directly from the Holy Spirit as Paul did in the 1st Century. As a seeker of God and the truth, the Holy Spirit immediately becomes available to teach us and to lead us into all truth. But we must avoid grieving or quenching the Holy Spirit, which will result in us going backward instead of forward. Picking up ourselves when we fall is the only life saver we have and move on we must because the prize lies ahead of us and not behind us.

Every journey begins with one step and then the next and so on. Trying to chew off too much and getting into many debates is not a good idea when one is learning. Learning is one to one with God and He is the one we should be talking to and not to other inadequate men. The hardest part of any journey is the beginning as doubts set in because of the newness of the journey but God does not like a coward and no coward will enter the kingdom of God.

So good journeying.

Comment

The controversy today is whether the signs of the times are physical or spiritual. Unfortunately for most it is not simply a yes or no answer. My personal belief is that for the most part they will all be spiritual except for those cases where the Jewish nation is in view and all things for them were all based on the physical and visual. But they too in the end will enter into the perfect promises of Christ's spirituality, which was always God's plan for all eternity.

So navigating the Christian faith is not going to be based on some formula but rather on the leading of the Holy Spirit. The bible ultimately is a spiritual book and should never be taken literally unless you use the term spiritual-literal. For the true Christian it will appear literal to Him only because He is walking in the Spirit. But outside of the Spirit it will be a stumbling block.

In order to keep things simple, I will only address one topic only and that is the topic of Spirituality. I know I will not get any readers, maybe only 1 or 2 because most Christians believe in the physical. But that is perfectly Ok, because God's will will be done as the angels in heaven rejoice over 1 soul that enters the kingdom of heaven.

The concept of the spiritual is hard to write about because you cannot touch or see spiritual things because they are only described in words in the bible. But the word of God is life and is based on faith, and not on anything that one can prove. That is where a step of faith comes into play, true faith, which insists that we believe that what God has said is true, and not only believing in those things that we can relate to or empathize with.

The only things that we can relate to in real time are the things of this world and the bible says that He who loves the things of this world is not of God. Therefore we have to find God in the spiritual world, because we have to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. The Spirit world can really only be experienced in God's promises to us in this world.

I am having a very hard time writing this post, because Truth can only be experienced in one's life by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and cannot be passed from one physical head to the other. The Holy Spirit actually in-dwells the believer and not in the way that the Pentecostals describe it by jumping up and down and speaking in tongues etc. But the Holy Spirit gives understanding which results in the fruits of the Spirit realizing themselves in his life. And this brings us back to the concept of faith. Without faith one cannot please God. Faith may seem like blind faith if you cannot see or hear or feel what you believe in. But that is the whole point of faith, it is not faith if you can actually sense it. That is why a premium is placed on the word of God as life and life everlasting. Phillip and most of the other disciples had to see the risen lord before they could believe but Jesus said that many would come after, who would believe without any proofs. It is similar to trying to walk on water, almost no one would ever consider in their right mind to attempt something like that, but that is what faith in this world is all about. It is about believing that there is a spirit operating within us because the bible told us so, and so there is no need for us to put our intellectual and studying habits first, as Solomon alludes to in Ecclesiastes 12. He calls it a weariness of the flesh.

It is only with the Spirit that we can see things that others cannot see. Like Gehazi, Elisha's servant. One has to believe in the spiritual world else he will be stuck in this carnal sinful world without any hope.
                  There is no such thing as a spiritual sign. That is an oxymoron. A sign is physical.

Comment

My writings will always be controversial and will of course upset a lot of people but I will try to keep them concise and short so that they will always offer only bite-size information.
                    Most Christians who follow other people or teachers are usually not true Christians.
                    And they cannot understand the bible because they are not true Christians or children of God.
                    Here is a FALSE idea and extremely dangerous.
                    Did Paul teach others to follow himself? Yes he did, even as he followed Jesus.
                    Paul taught Timothy to teach others.
                    This is partly because if we lean only on our understanding then we have a real possibility of going wrong.
                    It is also partly because the Devil is a Deceiver and tries to replicate the work of the Holy Spirit.
                    How do you know that what you have is the correct understanding? Simply because it feels right?
                    If what you "feel" or "think" cannot withstand the scrutiny of others then it is probably wrong.
                    This idea is also FALSE because it promotes a sense of pride in being right whilst others are wrong. That only you have the truth.

There is only one lesson to be learned from all of the above and that is to seek God yourself and get the truth directly from the Holy Spirit as Paul did in the 1st Century. As a seeker of God and the truth, the Holy Spirit immediately becomes available to teach us and to lead us into all truth. But we must avoid grieving or quenching the Holy Spirit, which will result in us going backward instead of forward. Picking up ourselves when we fall is the only life saver we have and move on we must because the prize lies ahead of us and not behind us.
                    Paul did NOT remain separate from the Church. He was brought to the faith through other believers and discussed things with the apostles. He also had many years of teaching of scripture BEFORE he came to faith and had an understanding which was then challenged and moulded.
                    It is CORRECT that we are to EXAMINE everything we are taught to check it is in line with God's Word and not simply accept what someone teaches us, but it is not CORRECT to say you CANNOT and should be taught. We should all have a humble heart for learning, and this especially includes from others. God has given us one another to be His Church, but if we are not fitted together unto Him THEN we are going against Him.

Comment

We will come under great pressure without us knowing it, to cede our will to the spirit of the prince of the air, who is the devil. This is like being sucked into a great big vacuum, and if we do not have the strength to withstand or in spiritual terms, we have not been sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
                      It is no different now, that it was in Jesus' day, or in any day since the fall.
                      The world has always been under the curse of sin and death, and has always led to the broad path of destruction, to most; only the few find the narrow way that leadeth unto eternal life.

"For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" Titus 3:3

Jesus is YHWH the eternal Great I AM.
                      • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
                      • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
                      • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
                      • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Comment

You need to be "more" concise in your words.

Check this out:

Ephesians 4: 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
                        12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the [edifying of the body of Christ,
                        13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
                        14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
                        15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—
                        16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

New Christians MUST follow learned leadership in the Body. God USES brethren (His children) as they teach both babes and mature Christians. The Word of God is clear, the people that God places us "under" to follow... they are who teach and thus, the resulting "equipping" is achieved.

The way you spoke, sounds like you are trying to say that Christians are to go it alone and if they sit under a pastor for discipleship (to learn from), you are accusing such a person as "NOT" a true Christian.

--
                        Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Pablocito, I think I can see where you're coming from.

Most cult leaders misquote and misrepresent the scriptures. Only those with no knowledge of—or a very superficial knowledge of—the scriptures are deceived. I don't know if I'd say they aren't really Christians though. Sometimes a person can be a young Christian and be deceived by a clever cultist. Oftentimes the young Christian is easy prey because they're eager to learn but doesn't have enough sense to know who to and who not to trust.

Even when Paul says in 1 Corinthians 11:1—"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ" he's not saying to follow him, but Christ.

Acts 17:11 says of the Bereans—"Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so." They didn't just follow Paul and Silas blindly but searched the scriptures for themselves.

In the church there are good examples we can follow and imitate; but we should never just follow anyone blindly. Churches that place a high priority on submitting to authority figures should be highly suspect in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post

Pablocito, I think I can see where you're coming from.

Most cult leaders misquote and misrepresent the scriptures. Only those with no knowledge of—or a very superficial knowledge of—the scriptures are deceived. I don't know if I'd say they aren't really Christians though. Sometimes a person can be a young Christian and be deceived by a clever cultist. Oftentimes the young Christian is easy prey because they're eager to learn but doesn't have enough sense to know who to and who not to trust.

Even when Paul says in 1 Corinthians 11:1—"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ" he's not saying to follow him, but Christ.

Acts 17:11 says of the Bereans—"Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so." They didn't just follow Paul and Silas blindly but searched the scriptures for themselves.

In the church there are good examples we can follow and imitate; but we should never just follow anyone blindly. Churches that place a high priority on submitting to authority figures should be highly suspect in my opinion.

One of the problems with Protestantism is that during the reformation they all came out of the Catholic faith, and yes, they did throw out all the egregious and insane Catholic practices, but little did they understand that the whole thing was built upon a foundation of sand.
                            The only true foundation we have is the Bible - the one built on the prophets, the Apostles and Jesus Christ himself. That is where we should start.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                              You need to be "more" concise in your words.

Check this out:

Ephesians 4: 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
                              12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the [edifying of the body of Christ,
                              13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
                              14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
                              15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—
                              16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

New Christians MUST follow learned leadership in the Body. God USES brethren (His children) as they teach both babes and mature Christians. The Word of God is clear, the people that God places us "under" to follow... they are who teach and thus, the resulting "equipping" is achieved.

The way you spoke, sounds like you are trying to say that Christians are to go it alone and if they sit under a pastor for discipleship (to learn from), you are accusing such a person as "NOT" a true Christian.

Yes, your understanding of what I said is very clear. No more teachers. No more prophesying, No more of those things. It has already been done. The bible is the resultant product of Ephesians 4. Our witnesses are not men of today but the Apostles of yesterday. Their words are now written down for the last 2 centuries and that was God's perfect plan for us to have the word unadulterated and true.

The people during Paul's days had nothing except the Old Testament and Paul's letters. Paul was the start of something new and God did it perfectly by producing the bible and that is where we all have to start. Who makes you or appointed you over me. Not God and not Paul ( He is already dead). No, the bible was miraculously handed to you by God and now you have no excuse. End of story.

Sorry to be so abrupt. But the bible is so clear, yet men have infused their ideologies and own thinking on the bible. We see the resultant effect of this. We are more divided as ever than before. Paul, Peter and the other writers trembled with fear of what would happen after they left. The AntiChrists, the false prophets were going annihilate the churches that they formed. They saw this coming from the statements they made.

In addition Jesus spoke very clearly about last days and concerning the abomination of desolation. In fact Jesus's first concern was about the false prophets that would arise to decimate the church. In Matthew 24 vs 4 - "Take heed that no man deceive you" was Jesus's first statement about the end times.

The bible is a very complex book and it is also a stumbling block and a two-edged sword to the unwary. That is the reason why the Holy Spirit was given to us to lead, direct and to guide us. Paul says in Ephesians 4 that we ought not to grieve the Holy Spirit because He is the only thing we have going for us, not some pastor or counselor.

Comment

Working...
                              X