Rapture Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Rapture Theory

Sorry I wanted to post a poll but I couldnt figure out how. Just want to keep the answers sweet and simple.

What are your belief's on when the rapture of the church will occur.

1. Before the Great 7 Year Tribulation
    2. During the & year Tribulation
    3. After the Tribulation when Christ Returns
    4. I dont believe in the Rapture.

Thanks.

My belief is before the tribulation and the right before the Antichrist is ruled to power.
    Before the Great 7 Year Tribulation
    40.54%
    During the 7 year Tribulation
    2.70%
    After the Tribulation when Christ Returns
    33.78%
    I dont believe in the Rapture
    22.97%

Originally posted by melpointy View Post
    Sorry I wanted to post a poll but I couldnt figure out how. Just want to keep the answers sweet and simple.

Thanks.

My belief is before the tribulation and the right before the Antichrist is ruled to power.
    3 = your third option fits with scripture.
    http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

#3.

In Christ
      Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

Comment

So you believe Christ will destroy the righteious with unrighteious. He told Abraham after Sodom and Gomoroh he would never do that again.

I still believe God will rapture is true believers before the great destruction starts on earth.

Why would a loving God let his own children go through destruction?

Comment

So you believe Christ will destroy the righteious with unrighteious. He told Abraham after Sodom and Gomoroh he would never do that again.

I still believe God will rapture is true believers before the great destruction starts on earth.

Please look at just this for a bit.
          Hebrews 9:28 and what is said by those of Rev. 19:1.
          Next - consider what is said in 19:2.

Hebrews 9:28
          "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

Rev. 19:1
          "And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia, Salvation..."

7:10
          "And cried with a loud voice, saying Salvation..."
          "...These are they which came out of great tribulation..."
          ------------------

Rev. 19:2
          "For true and righteous [are] his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth...hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand."
          /the city of Mystery, Babylon has fallen
          /she was done slaying the trib martyrs
          /God has paid her back for their shed blood

19:7
          "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come..."

/salvation is said
          the great whore city can't corrupt the earth anymore
          then the marriage comes

So how does all of this allow anywhere for Jesus to come back and get the church before the trib is over?

Comment

Hey, also give Rev. 11:18 a look, for not till the 7th trumpet does get the message from the 24 elders that He can destroy.

Comment

What happened to the first Christians?

Comment

Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
                C. S. Lewis

Comment

Thanks.

Considering the context and whole of the Bible, the idioms, culture, language, nuances, themes, expressions, appointed seasons (festivals), names, and so on, from Genesis to Revelation, the Biblical-Hebrew Eschatology teaching and learning is The Natzal (or, "rapture", "harpazo", etc.) is #1.

Birkhot (Hebrew for "Blessings"),
                  Clifton.
                  "A text without context is a pretext."

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                    Considering the context and whole of the Bible, the idioms, culture, language, nuances, themes, expressions, appointed seasons (festivals), names, and so on, from Genesis to Revelation, the Biblical-Hebrew Eschatology teaching and learning is The Natzal (or, "rapture", "harpazo", etc.) is #1.

Birkhot (Hebrew for "Blessings"),
                    Clifton.
                    I agree with Clifton wrote.
                    Mark

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14

(All Scripture quoted is from NKJV unless otherwise noted)

Comment

Jesus said it was number 3.

He promised to recieve us.....when he comes again, and he said that his coming would be after the tribulation.

Before we can be recieved into the kingdom we must put on immortality,-- and we are raised the last day at the last trumpet.
                      We know that the living saints do not precede the dead, but all together we are caught up to meet him.
                      So this rules out a rapture to Christ, before the ressurection on the last day.

"There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves,
                      26 men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
                      27 "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory.
                      28 "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."
                      29 Then He told them a parable: "Behold the fig tree and all the trees;
                      30 as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near.
                      31 "So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near.
                      32 "Truly I say to you, this generation[20][Or race ] will not pass away until all things take place.
                      33 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
                      Heaven and earth passing away at the ressurection and the second coming places the GT before it.

23 "But take heed; behold, I have told you everything in advance.
                      24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT,
                      25 AND THE STARS WILL BE FALLING from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken.
                      26 "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN CLOUDS with great power and glory.
                      27 "And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect[15][Or chosen ones ] from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.
                      And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

The Post-Tribulation Rapture will be after the Great Tribulation, but BEFORE the Day of the Lord. The saints will not endure one second of God's wrath. People who believe the post-trib Rapture has the Church enduring God's wrath do not understand the post-trib Rapture correctly. (And that goes for post-tribbers, too!)
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

The Post-Tribulation Rapture will be after the Great Tribulation, but BEFORE the Day of the Lord
                          The day of the Lord is his 2nd coming like a theif , ---his descent from heaven with a shout and the trumpet of ressurection. Only then will the rapture occur as the dead in Christ will rise first---the last day.

People who believe the post-trib Rapture has the Church enduring God's wrath do not understand the post-trib Rapture correctly.
                          The day of the Lord comes like a theif.
                          We watch for the coming of the Lord and prepare , because when he comes we will be with him and be recieved by him.

12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river, the Euphrates; and its water was dried up, so that the way would be prepared for the kings from the east
                          13 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs;
                          14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.
                          15 [COLOR="DarkRed"]("Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.") [/COLOR]16 And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.

During the 6th bowl of wrath, Jesus still hasnt come like a theif to ressurect and rapture us.

The wrath is poured out during the GT, and they still do not repent of their sins.
                          We are to drag them from the fire if possible.

2pet 3
                          But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
                          1thess 5
                          For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.
                          3 While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape
                          And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
                            The day of the Lord is his 2nd coming like a theif , ---his descent from heaven with a shout and the trumpet of ressurection. Only then will the rapture occur as the dead in Christ will rise first---the last day.
                            Yep, at least that is explicitly what the scriptures say.

All 5 of the New Testament examples that mention Jesus coming as a thief, place this as occuring at His Coming...and 3 of those passages place it explicitly on the Day of the Lord.

The Lord Comes as a theif After the Tribulation
                            Matthew 24:29-31, 43 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect...But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."

The Lord Comes as a thief on The Day of the Lord
                            I Thess 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober."

II Peter 3:4, 9-12 "Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? "

Revelation 3:3, 16:14-15 "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee...that great day of God Almighty. Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon."

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                              Yep, at least that is explicitly what the scriptures say.

All 5 of the New Testament examples that mention Jesus coming as a thief, place this as occuring at His Coming...and 3 of those passages place it explicitly on the Day of the Lord.

The Lord Comes as a theif After the Tribulation
                              Matthew 24:29-31, 43 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect...But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."

I Thess 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober."

II Peter 3:4, 9-12 "Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? "

Revelation 3:3, 16:14-15 "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee...that great day of God Almighty. Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon."

I was just reading 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 this morning. You could link it to your list. It declares: “Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ (or the day of the Lord) is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.”

The “day of Christ” mentioned here in 2 Thessalonians 2:2 should actually have been interpreted day of the Lord, as is its normal rendering elsewhere in Scripture.

David L. White presents some interesting thoughts on this reading in his article My Shift to Covenant Theology and Amillennialism. He says, “There are some key points to notice in this passage. Paul begins by announcing his topic, ‘Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him...’ (v.1). Having announced his topic he goes on to say he does not want his readers to be alarmed that the ‘day of the Lord has already come’ (v.2). We have to ask, what does Paul mean when refers to ‘the day of the Lord?’ We must answer that ‘the day of the Lord’--as Paul is using the expression in this context--refers to ‘the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him’ already referred to in the previous verse. In other words, in verse 1 Paul refers to the second coming of Christ by viewing it from two vantage points, that of Christ coming and that of the church being gathered to Him. In v.2 Paul lumps this all together in the phrase ‘the day of the Lord’.”

Paul
                              "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

http://www.evangelicaltruth.com/

WPM

Comment

Working...
                              X