Marriage supper of the Lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beckrl View Post
    Is not Jesus on his throne now? After he ascended.

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20
    Mat 19:28 is "in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory"

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Has nothing to do with now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirus View Post
      Mat 19:28 is "in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory"

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

I like how you put 2 of those keywords in bold letters. That makes the point rather well. I don't see anyway to interpret that but as in future tense.

Comment

Did Jesus say the kingdom appointed to Him by the Father is the kingdom He was appointing to them at that time?
        Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
        Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
        Luk 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.
        Luk 22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
        Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
        Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
        Luk 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
        Luk 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
        No. He said He is appointing them a kingdom of servitude and endurance/patience, that they may eat and drink at His table in His kingdom yet to come. No one gets a free ride. Jesus didn't, why would we? Jesus reigns and will reign because He suffered, endured, and has risen. We follow Christ, or we do not and will not reign with Him after we have risen.

The meaning of "I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer" pointed to Him being our Passover sacrifice. There's no reason to think "before" in v15 is then fulfilled in us by His resurrection for we too must serve, suffer, and endure to, in finality, enter the kingdom.
        Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
        You have not answered the question put forth of "until it"

Luke 22:15-16
        15And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
        16For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until [it] be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

Comment

I guess the high priest were shocked to see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power. For that is something in the far future

Matthew 26:
          64Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Comment

Is not Jesus on his throne now? After he ascended.

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20
            Jesus has ascended to heaven and has drank the cup which was appointed for him to drink. Jesus has been glorified for his obedience and thus is entitled to reign. We have not yet drank the cup which is appointed to us for us to be entitled to be raised to a glorious life with Him.

Matthew 20

20 ¶Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came to Jesus with her sons, bowing down and making a request of Him.
            21 And He said to her, "What do you wish?" She said to Him, "Command that in Your kingdom these two sons of mine may sit one on Your right and one on Your left."
            22 But Jesus answered, "You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink?" They said to Him, "We are able."
            23 He said to them, "My cup you shall drink; but to sit on My right and on My left, this is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by My Father."

We do not get to drink our cup until we endure to the end. Jesus stated it plainly that the sons of thunder would have to drink the same cup Jesus did before they entered heaven and we too shall drink the cup Jesus drank before we go to heaven and be adopted fully as sons into the kingdom.

Paul makes it clear that we do not reign now. The people in Corinth believed that they were reigning already much like yourself and some others here do. Paul corrected them then and it still applies now.

1 Corinthians 4

8 ¶You are already filled, you have already become rich, you have become kings without us; and indeed, I wish that you had become kings so that we also might reign with you.

We do not reign because we have yet to endure all the way to the end where we too will drink the cup Jesus drank. Now we have everything by faith in Jesus and the promises of God the father.
            I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
            Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

Sirus:
              He said He is appointing them a kingdom of servitude and endurance/patience, that they may eat and drink at His table in His kingdom yet to come. No one gets a free ride. Jesus didn't, why would we? Jesus reigns and will reign because He suffered, endured, and has risen. We follow Christ, or we do not and will not reign with Him after we have risen.
              That's right: "If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us" (2 Timothy 2:12).

Those in the church who will suffer and die faithfully during the coming reign of the Antichrist (the beast) (Revelation 13:7-10, 14:12-13, Matthew 24:9-13) will be resurrected along with the rest of the church at the second coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23) to reign along with the rest of the church for the full 1,000 years of the coming millennium: "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years" (Revelation 20:4-6).

Comment

Originally posted by TrustingFollower View Post
                Jesus has ascended to heaven and has drank the cup which was appointed for him to drink. Jesus has been glorified for his obedience and thus is entitled to reign. We have not yet drank the cup which is appointed to us for us to be entitled to be raised to a glorious life with Him.
                You speak of the cup of suffering, but Jesus said the fruit of the vine.
                Matthew 20

20 ¶Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came to Jesus with her sons, bowing down and making a request of Him.
                21 And He said to her, "What do you wish?" She said to Him, "Command that in Your kingdom these two sons of mine may sit one on Your right and one on Your left."
                22 But Jesus answered, "You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink?" They said to Him, "We are able."
                23 He said to them, "My cup you shall drink; but to sit on My right and on My left, this is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by My Father."

We do not get to drink our cup until we endure to the end. Jesus stated it plainly that the sons of thunder would have to drink the same cup Jesus did before they entered heaven and we too shall drink the cup Jesus drank before we go to heaven and be adopted fully as sons into the kingdom.

Paul makes it clear that we do not reign now. The people in Corinth believed that they were reigning already much like yourself and some others here do. Paul corrected them then and it still applies now.

1 Corinthians 4

8 ¶You are already filled, you have already become rich, you have become kings without us; and indeed, I wish that you had become kings so that we also might reign with you.

We do not reign because we have yet to endure all the way to the end where we too will drink the cup Jesus drank. Now we have everything by faith in Jesus and the promises of God the father.
                Luke 22
                16For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
                18For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Both of these "until" refer to back to his suffering.

15And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

Jesus didn't eat nor drink until after is suffering on the cross then in Acts 10:41 We have a record that shows that Jesus eat and drank with them again.

Now concerning the marriage supper of the Lamb and the great supper of God.

As we read John writes blessed are those that are called to the marriage supper. Then we have the coming of the Christ with the call to the fowls to come and gather together for the great supper of God.

Those that are called would have to wait one thousand years before the new earth and heaven [ new jerusalem] comes.

Comment

Jesus didn't eat nor drink until after is suffering on the cross then in Acts 10:41 We have a record that shows that Jesus eat and drank with them again.
                  Mark 10

38 But Jesus said to them, "You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?"
                  39 They said to Him, "We are able." And Jesus said to them, "The cup that I drink you shall drink; and you shall be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized.

Exactly, Jesus drank the cup and was baptized into the kingdom. We have not drank the cup nor been baptized into the kingdom yet. While we are still in these corrupted bodies we cling to the promise. Jesus was in His resurrected bodies when He eat again because He was already in the glorious kingdom which flesh and blood can not enter. Have you gone through this baptism yet or drank this cup yet?
                  I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
                  Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

Mark 10

38 But Jesus said to them, "You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?"
                    39 They said to Him, "We are able." And Jesus said to them, "The cup that I drink you shall drink; and you shall be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized.

Exactly, Jesus drank the cup and was baptized into the kingdom. We have not drank the cup nor been baptized into the kingdom yet. While we are still in these corrupted bodies we cling to the promise. Jesus was in His resurrected bodies when He eat again because He was already in the glorious kingdom which flesh and blood can not enter. Have you gone through this baptism yet or drank this cup yet?
                    The subject were that Jesus would not drink again the fruit of the vine until He had suffered. Did he not drink and eat with his disciples after his resurrection?

Comment

The subject were that Jesus would not drink again the fruit of the vine until He had suffered. Did he not drink and eat with his disciples after his resurrection?
                      If He did drink from the fruit of the vine after, where's the scripture that says so? Answer? It doesn't exist.

Comment

You have not answered the question put forth of "until it"

Luke 22:15-16
                        16For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until [it] be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

I certainly did!
                        Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

He said He is appointing them a kingdom of servitude and endurance/patience, that they may eat and drink at His table in His kingdom yet to come.

......We follow Christ, or we do not and will not reign with Him after we have risen.

Comment

I guess the high priest were shocked to see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power. For that is something in the far future

Matthew 26:
                          64Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
                          Context! Jesus was answering the accusation He would destroy the temple (70AD) which was considered blasphemy. I'm sure many were not so shocked and no, it was not so far off
                          Mat 26:61 And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
                          Mat 19:28 is the "regeneration" when they shall "shall inherit everlasting life" -v29

Mat 25:31 is when "before him shall be gathered all nations" -v32

This is when/then He sits on the throne of His glory. It says Son of man. He earned that right before the cross but He has not yet sat on a throne and ruled over the earth one the earth yet. It is future.

Comment

Passover -wine/bread- is actual fruit of the vine and bread.
                            That is what is being referred to, not the metaphorical cup of suffering.

Comment

Exactly, Jesus drank the cup and was baptized into the kingdom.
                              Huh? Jesus was given all authority in heaven and earth before the cross. The cross was for us. He did not need it. He did not need to be baptized into the kingdom and He was not. No one is baptized into the kingdom. That comes through belief.

Comment

Have you gone through this baptism yet or drank this cup yet?
                                Yes I have. It's called "in Christ"
                                Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with:

Joh 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
                                Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
                                Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
                                Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
                                Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
                                Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
                                Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
                                Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Comment

Working...
                                X