Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage supper of the Lamb

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discussion Marriage supper of the Lamb

    How do you view the Marriage supper of the Lamb?

    In Revelation 19 it tells of them that are called and then tells of Christ coming. Given reference to the fowls that come and gather together unto the supper of the great God.

    Revelation 19:

    7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
    8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
    9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. 10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.


    Revelation 19:
    17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
    18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

    Can this be view as in the Lord's supper were Jesus spoke of his body that we were are to eat and drink his blood?

    If not how do you view the Marriage supper?

  • #2
    With regard to the church, the marriage supper of Revelation 19:9 will be a literal feast which will occur in the earthly Jerusalem after the second coming of Jesus and the resurrection and marriage (Revelation 19:7) of the church: "And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined. And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him" (Isaiah 25:6-9); "then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory" (1 Corinthians 15:54).

    Comment


    • #3
      The marriage supper of the Lamb. Verse 19:1 says, "After these things I heard, as it were, a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven", and verse 7 continues, "...for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready". Then verse 9 says, "And he said to me, "Write 'Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.'" After this, Jesus returns to make war with the beast (19:11-16).


      It is at this time that the angel tells the birds to "assemble for the great supper of God" (19:17). (The Greek word used here for "assemble" is a passive tense meaning "gathered by another, someone other than those who are being gathered".) In this context, the great supper of God also appears in Ezekiel 39:17-24; here it is called God's sacrifice. This sacrifice is being done for every kind of bird and for every beast of the field. It is interesting to note that instead of man sacrificing animals to God, God is sacrificing man for animals.
      This "sacrifice" or "great supper of God" would seem in context to be the same as "the marriage supper of the Lamb."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Beckrl View Post
        It is interesting to note that instead of man sacrificing animals to God, God is sacrificing man for animals.

        It sounds like to me, the point is, that it's payback time. I'm not certain what point your trying to show here. When animals were sacrificed to God, the animals were innocent. When man is being sacrificed to animals here, man is not innocent. Since I'm not certain, do you interpet all of this spiritually, or do you interpret ravenous birds, beasts of the field, as literally feasting on flesh and blood? Also, I'm suprised you make the connection with Ezekiel 39. Most non premills don't connect that to Rev 19.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by divaD View Post
          It sounds like to me, the point is, that it's payback time. I'm not certain what point your trying to show here.
          I wasn't making any point with that statement, only notice its parallels.

          When animals were sacrificed to God, the animals were innocent. When man is being sacrificed to animals here, man is not innocent. Since I'm not certain, do you interpet all of this spiritually, or do you interpret ravenous birds, beasts of the field, as literally feasting on flesh and blood?
          I think it is metaphorical.

          That is the question is the "Marriage supper of the Lamb" related to the "supper of the great God"?

          I believe so metaphorically.

          Also, I'm suprised you make the connection with Ezekiel 39. Most non premills don't connect that to Rev 19.
          The connection is only with the language used.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Beckrl View Post
            The marriage supper of the Lamb. Verse 19:1 says, "After these things I heard, as it were, a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven", and verse 7 continues, "...for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready". Then verse 9 says, "And he said to me, "Write 'Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.'" After this, Jesus returns to make war with the beast (19:11-16).

            The marriage supper of the Lamb is when Christs bride the church is united with Him in heaven. Would appear to be prior to the battle of Armageddon which is at the close of the tribulation.

            It is at this time that the angel tells the birds to "assemble for the great supper of God" (19:17). (The Greek word used here for "assemble" is a passive tense meaning "gathered by another, someone other than those who are being gathered".) In this context, the great supper of God also appears in Ezekiel 39:17-24; here it is called God's sacrifice. This sacrifice is being done for every kind of bird and for every beast of the field. It is interesting to note that instead of man sacrificing animals to God, God is sacrificing man for animals.
            This "sacrifice" or "great supper of God" would seem in context to be the same as "the marriage supper of the Lamb."
            The fowls feast on the carcasses of those slain who came up against Israel to destroy them. vs 21 ...and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. The Lord is using the birds to clean up the mess of Armageddon. The ultimate in recycling. Algore would be pleased if he were not already occupied with special place God has for him.

            For the cause of Christ
            Roger

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by notuptome View Post
              [/SIZE]
              [SIZE=3]

              The fowls feast on the carcasses of those slain who came up against Israel to destroy them. vs 21 ...and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. The Lord is using the birds to clean up the mess of Armageddon. The ultimate in recycling.

              This is how I interpret it also. Can't imagine why some folks interpret this non literally.

              1 Samuel 17:44 And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.

              Even tho this is unrelated, I wonder how this verse should be interpreted? Metaphorically also?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by divaD View Post
                This is how I interpret it also. Can't imagine why some folks interpret this non literally.

                1 Samuel 17:44 And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.

                Even tho this is unrelated, I wonder how this verse should be interpreted? Metaphorically also?
                One reason I say it's metaphorical is that they are slain with a sharp sword which goeth out of his mouth.

                Are do you see that literally?

                That to me would be as the words of God spoken. Jesus is known as the "Word".
                "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" Hebrews 4:12

                Comment


                • #9
                  We have to understand that we are looking at prophecy, these are things to come. If we look at verse 7 & 8 we see a key part in when the marriage supper will happen.

                  Revelation 19

                  7 "Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready."
                  8 It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

                  Has the bride made herself ready yet? I say no, as long as we still have today to spread the gospel message to the lost of this world and people except the call of the gospel and become brothers and sisters with us, then the bride is not made herself ready. When Jesus is coming on the cloud and he call us up to him then the bride is ready, until then the bride is in preparation.

                  Second thought is about verse 8. What righteous act can we do in this present body and world that is acceptable to God? None, while we are in these imperfect bodies even our most righteous act is as filthy rags to God. When we receive our perfect bodies at the resurrection, then we will be preforming the righteous acts of saints.

                  Until these things happen we go by faith in God's promises. These prophecies are God's promises to us that we will be with Him and will obtain eternal life.
                  I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
                  Have you laid your burdens down?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by notuptome View Post
                    [/SIZE]
                    The marriage supper of the Lamb is when Christs bride the church is united with Him in heaven. Would appear to be prior to the battle of Armageddon which is at the close of the tribulation.

                    I thought that a marriage [wedding] ceremony would come first then the marriage [wedding] feast.

                    Here's the differencesin verse 7-9

                    7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

                    8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

                    Then following this John behold.

                    17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God

                    My question to all is this the same supper? If not why not?

                    The fowls feast on the carcasses of those slain who came up against Israel to destroy them. vs 21 ...and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. The Lord is using the birds to clean up the mess of Armageddon. The ultimate in recycling. Algore would be pleased if he were not already occupied with special place God has for him.

                    For the cause of Christ
                    Roger
                    I agree metaphorically.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mariage Supper

                      Originally posted by Beckrl View Post
                      [/SIZE]
                      I thought that a marriage [wedding] ceremony would come first then the marriage [wedding] feast.

                      Here's the differencesin verse 7-9

                      7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

                      8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

                      Then following this John behold.

                      17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God

                      My question to all is this the same supper? If not why not?


                      I agree metaphorically.

                      It appears as parallel suppers. We are with Jesus with new bodies because he has returned with us. Our clothes are white linen, coming through great truibulations, and we fought and won at Armaggedon. Therefore, the defeated bodies - note men and horses need to be cleaned up. Both feasts simultaneously.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BungalowBud View Post
                        It appears as parallel suppers. We are with Jesus with new bodies because he has returned with us. Our clothes are white linen, coming through great truibulations, and we fought and won at Armaggedon. Therefore, the defeated bodies - note men and horses need to be cleaned up. Both feasts simultaneously.
                        So you believe that the great supper of God is literal, being the bodies of men and horses.

                        How do you see a sharp sword from out of his mouth?
                        Literal or metaphoric?

                        If they are at the same time wouldn't they be the same feast?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Beckrl View Post
                          How do you view the Marriage supper of the Lamb?

                          In Revelation 19 it tells of them that are called and then tells of Christ coming. Given reference to the fowls that come and gather together unto the supper of the great God.

                          Revelation 19:

                          7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
                          8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
                          9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. 10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.


                          Revelation 19:
                          17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
                          18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

                          Can this be view as in the Lord's supper were Jesus spoke of his body that we were are to eat and drink his blood?

                          If not how do you view the Marriage supper?
                          According to these scriptures, the marriage supper of the Lamb is in the New Jerusalem. Is this not the New Jerusalem that comes down from God out of heaven after the millenium?

                          Is 65:13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:

                          Lk 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.

                          God bless you!

                          Firstfruits

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
                            According to these scriptures, the marriage supper of the Lamb is in the New Jerusalem. Is this not the New Jerusalem that comes down from God out of heaven after the millenium?

                            Is 65:13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:

                            Lk 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.

                            God bless you!

                            Firstfruits
                            I'm not sure how you can relate these scriptures with the new jerusalem?


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beckrl View Post
                              I'm not sure how you can relate these scriptures with the new jerusalem?

                              Where then is the kingdom of God in which we shall dwell with God and God with us?

                              Firstfruits

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X