Helping to clarify Revelation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping to clarify Revelation

the Holy Spirit led me to write this song some time ago. Hope y'all enjoy it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0Yk8EgyLY

nice pickin'. What brand of guitar is that? Couldn't quite make out the label.

With Jerry Reed pasing this week, thought you might break into a lil Amos Moses at the end.

Comment

that was sweet, good job.

Comment

That was great, Ray!

Five stars!

Comment

Nice voice Raymond.
          Dave, it looks like a 60s or early 70s Gibson to me. Am I right Ray?

I didn't quite understand one part of your song. Maybe I didn't hear the lyrics right but it seemed you sang, "The valley of Meggeddo ran bridle deep in blood and the nation that is Israel returns unto the Lord." I can't find that anywhere in my bible, especially in the book of Revelation. I know where the blood becomes bridle deep but I don't see the words "Israel returns unto the Lord" anywhere. Did I hear your words correctly?

Raybob
          http://myspace.com/raybobbowman

Comment

Originally posted by Raybob View Post
            Nice voice Raymond.
            Dave, it looks like a 60s or early 70s Gibson to me. Am I right Ray?

I didn't quite understand one part of your song. Maybe I didn't hear the lyrics right but it seemed you sang, "The valley of Meggeddo ran bridle deep in blood and the nation that is Israel returns unto the Lord." I can't find that anywhere in my bible, especially in the book of Revelation. I know where the blood becomes bridle deep but I don't see the words "Israel returns unto the Lord" anywhere.
            Yeah, that part sounded quite Larry Normanish to me.

Comment

Gibson J55 1978.
              The 144000 witnesses are all Jewish according to the Scriptures and since the dispensation reverts to dealing with Israel (70th week) Israel will return to the Lord.

Comment

[quote=Raymond Walker;1777885]Gibson J55 1978.
                The 144000 witnesses are all Jewish according to the Scriptures ...quote]

The 144,000 are from the twelve tribes of Israel. Jews are only one of those tribes, Judah. (Jer 3:6-33)

Assyria had a practice of moving conquered peoples around to remove them from their cultures so they filled the northern Kingdom with Samaritans - And later dispersed Israel among the nations they (Assyria) had conquered. The so called "lost" tribes of Israel are not lost by location, but by identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Walker View Post
                  Gibson J55 1978.
                  Very nice.

The 144000 witnesses are all Jewish according to the Scriptures and since the dispensation reverts to dealing with Israel (70th week) Israel will return to the Lord.
                  I don't see that in scripture. 12,000 are from the tribe of Judah (Jews) but the 144,000 can't be national Israel because the tribe of Dan isn't listed among them.

Raybob

Comment

Originally posted by Raybob View Post
                    I don't see that in scripture. 12,000 are from the tribe of Judah (Jews) but the 144,000 can't be national Israel because the tribe of Dan isn't listed among them.

Raybob
                    Interesting - trying to fit 12 tribes plus 2 in twelve slots. J

(Rev 7, 14)
                    From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
                    From the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
                    From the tribe of Gad 12,000,
                    From the tribe of Asher 12,000,
                    From the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
                    From the tribe of Manasseh 12,000, (A son of Joseph)
                    From the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
                    From the tribe of Levi 12,000,
                    From the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
                    From the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
                    From the tribe of Joseph 12,000,
                    From the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

Not Mentioned:
                    • Dan
                    • Ephraim (A son of Joseph)

Gates of the City (3 per side)
                    (not the New Jerusalem - but may be the model)
                    (Ez 48 )
                    North
                    • Ruben
                    • Judah
                    • Levi
                    East
                    • Joseph
                    • Benjamin
                    • Dan
                    South
                    • Simeon
                    • Issachar
                    • Zebulun
                    West
                    • Gad
                    • Asher
                    • Naphtali
                    Not Mentioned:
                    • Manasseh (A son of Joseph)
                    • Ephraim (A son of Joseph)

Comment

There is a reason Dan is not mentioned. If you study it out, you will find that because of Dan's actions, their name was 'blotted out' so to speak, and after a certain point, Dan's name does not appear in any of the lists from then on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
                        There is a reason Dan is not mentioned. If you study it out, you will find that because of Dan's actions, their name was 'blotted out' so to speak, and after a certain point, Dan's name does not appear in any of the lists from then on.
                        Yup. In Jacob's "blessing", he said Dan was a bitting viper in the path - causing stumbling and falling. (paraphased) Those crazy Danites!

Actually, I was wrong to indicate 14 tribes. Of course, Joseph's sons cannot be counted if he is counted. So that would be either 12 tribes or 11+2 tribes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Walker View Post
                          Gibson J55 1978.
                          And Revelation 7:9-17 speaks of everyone else who comes out of the tribulation (i.e. Gentiles). The whole chapter speaks of the entire people of God, both Jews and Gentiles, saved throughout history worshippling Christ together around the throne. So much for the Dispensational interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by scourge39 View Post
                            And Revelation 7:9-17 speaks of everyone else who comes out of the tribulation (i.e. Gentiles). The whole chapter speaks of the entire people of God, both Jews and Gentiles, saved throughout history worshippling Christ together around the throne. So much for the Dispensational interpretation.
                            Amen!

We who are alive and remain will not precede those who have fallen asleep. The dead in Christ rise first.

I'd rather be alive at the end - although it won't be pleasant getting to that point in time.
                            Well... maybe I'd rather be a martyr and reign with Christ through the millennium.

Either way – it’s up to Him. I just want to be there.

What is the dispensational interpretation? I’ve heard some (inconsistent) teaching on it, but not really studied it.

Comment

Oh, I think I get it.
                              Yes, I know about the 69 weeks (Daniel) + the week of the tribulation. (well… 3.5 yrs of actual tribulation)
                              And I know about the times of the gentiles being fulfilled.

Is that it?

Comment

Working...
                              X