No announcement yet.

is a New World Order even in the bible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is a New World Order even in the bible?

I know with some end time views this is constantly coming up and I see clips on youtube with some person in power talking about a new world order...but is it in the bible?

If I remember right the reason for the idea of this is people can't image how else the mark of the beast can be fulfilled...but isn't this assuming an awful lot? Or are their other scriptures leading to this idea?

History of the term

The modern use of the phrase "new world order," according to conspiracy theorists, originated in the early 1900s with Cecil Rhodes, who advocated that the British Empire and the United States should jointly impose a Federal World Government (with English as the official language) to bring about lasting world "peace".[6] Conspiracy theorists see a sinister motive in the fact that Rhodes founded the Rhodes Scholarship as a global brotherhood of future leaders. Lionel Curtis, who also believed in this idea, founded the Rhodes-Milner Round Table Groups in 1909, which led to the establishment of the British-based Royal Institute for International Affairs in 1919 and the U.S.-based Council on Foreign Relations in 1921.[7] The concept was further developed by Edward M. House, a close advisor to Woodrow Wilson during the negotiations to set up the League of Nations (it is unclear whether it was House or Wilson who invented the actual phrase). Another important influence was the author H.G. Wells, a vigorous advocate for world government.[8]

One official mention which has garnered attention was in Gerald Ford's "Declaration of Interdependence" on 24 October 1975; according to the ex-general counsel of the Export-Import Bank of the United States, Peter Beter, the Declaration of Interdependence states that:

"We must join with others to bring forth a new world order....Narrow notions of national sovereignty must not be permitted to curtail that obligation."[9]

Elements are present in the populism of the nineteenth century. In present form this can be traced to the collapse of the Soviet Union and President George H. W. Bush's new world order speech of 11 September 1990. In it he described the United States' objectives for post-cold-war cooperation with the former Soviet Union, using the phrase "new world order".[10]

I think Hitler also used this term too...or something close to it.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

To be honest MG, Ive stopped reading topics about 'new world orders' etc. because they seem to be more to do with extreme right-wing politics rather than to do with prophecy.

Perhaps some read about antichrist one day, then read a conspiracy theory the next day, then try to join them together?

Thats what I reckon anyway.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Comment

I'm unsure if the NWO is specifically mentioned in prophecy, but I think most get the idea from Rev 13:7 when it says the beast (out of the sea) was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.

ServantoftheKing

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
        . . . President George H. W. Bush's new world order speech of 11 September 1990 . . .

God bless
        A very curious date he made that speech on?

As for a New World Order in the Bible, I will have to look into that, I don't exactly know why I believe there will be a N.W.O. other than it's the logical direction the world is headed by looking at current events.
        Laughing at the world
        Watching it bend
        Enjoying the show
        Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
        as I walk through the mist
        By God I will sit
        And watch the world twist

In Him I will trust
        And only Him I will fear
        When the world turns to dust
        I know He'll be near

Comment

The Bible doesn't mention a "New World Order" as such but it does talk about a "New Heaven and New Earth" in which righteousness dwells (2 Pet 3:10-13). This will come when Jesus returns. Before that, Satan will be given the power to deceive and get people to worship him (Rev 13).
          Love In Christ,
          Tanya

Comment

Thanks all. When I believed in the pre-trib rapture I remember this being a strong part of their teaching and I remember Hal Lindsey saying the United nations was the start of the New world order back in the 70's...and that a one world currency would start soon...which it didn't as we see now. Now I realize a bible concept might not be named exactly in the bible...the trinity is a good example of that...while the world itself isn't used the concept is there and is valid. My concern is this idea is relative new. It seems like if the concept had always been there would we have seen the church fathers mentioning it probably around the time the scriptures were canonized wouldn't you think?

God bless
            "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaP View Post
              The Bible doesn't mention a "New World Order" as such but it does talk about a "New Heaven and New Earth" in which righteousness dwells (2 Pet 3:10-13). This will come when Jesus returns. Before that, Satan will be given the power to deceive and get people to worship him (Rev 13).
              That is a good point there. Though I never heard of the New World Order being in reference to the New Heaven and New Earth...its always been related to the antichrist (beast).

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                I know with some end time views this is constantly coming up and I see clips on youtube with some person in power talking about a new world order...but is it in the bible?

If I remember right the reason for the idea of this is people can't image how else the mark of the beast can be fulfilled...but isn't this assuming an awful lot? Or are their other scriptures leading to this idea?

History of the term

The modern use of the phrase "new world order," according to conspiracy theorists, originated in the early 1900s with Cecil Rhodes, who advocated that the British Empire and the United States should jointly impose a Federal World Government (with English as the official language) to bring about lasting world "peace".[6] Conspiracy theorists see a sinister motive in the fact that Rhodes founded the Rhodes Scholarship as a global brotherhood of future leaders. Lionel Curtis, who also believed in this idea, founded the Rhodes-Milner Round Table Groups in 1909, which led to the establishment of the British-based Royal Institute for International Affairs in 1919 and the U.S.-based Council on Foreign Relations in 1921.[7] The concept was further developed by Edward M. House, a close advisor to Woodrow Wilson during the negotiations to set up the League of Nations (it is unclear whether it was House or Wilson who invented the actual phrase). Another important influence was the author H.G. Wells, a vigorous advocate for world government.[8]

One official mention which has garnered attention was in Gerald Ford's "Declaration of Interdependence" on 24 October 1975; according to the ex-general counsel of the Export-Import Bank of the United States, Peter Beter, the Declaration of Interdependence states that:

"We must join with others to bring forth a new world order....Narrow notions of national sovereignty must not be permitted to curtail that obligation."[9]

Elements are present in the populism of the nineteenth century. In present form this can be traced to the collapse of the Soviet Union and President George H. W. Bush's new world order speech of 11 September 1990. In it he described the United States' objectives for post-cold-war cooperation with the former Soviet Union, using the phrase "new world order".[10]

I think Hitler also used this term too...or something close to it.

God bless

Do you believe in the Trinity? The Term is not in the Bible, but is a well established Christian Doctrine. So..... If not being in the Bible by name is a criteria, then a concept in the Bible that is given a common name must be illegitimate.

Do you Believe in the Rapture? again a term that is not exactly in the Bible though the word 'Caught up' is of which raptura in Latin is the term commonly applied to the event.

The Concept in the Bible is a World Government headed by the Anti Christ composed of ten Kings

Rev 17:11 "The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.
                Rev 17:12 "The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour.
                Rev 17:13 "These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesand57 View Post
                  Do you believe in the Trinity? The Term is not in the Bible, but is a well established Christian Doctrine. So..... If not being in the Bible by name is a criteria, then a concept in the Bible that is given a common name must be illegitimate.

Do you Believe in the Rapture? again a term that is not exactly in the Bible though the word 'Caught up' is of which raptura in Latin is the term commonly applied to the event.

The Concept in the Bible is a World Government headed by the Anti Christ composed of ten Kings

Rev 17:11 "The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.
                  Rev 17:12 "The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour.
                  Rev 17:13 "These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.
                  Yes I said such a thing in post number 6...scroll up.

I don't believe in the 'rapture' per say as it means too many different things to different people depending on their end time views...I DO believe what the bible says though in the resurrection.

God bless

Comment

The New World Order would be the kingdom or ten regions of the Antichrist:

And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, who have received no kingdom yet, but will receive authority as kings one hour with the beast. (Rev 17:12)

It also appears on the Great Seal and $1 of the US:

The phrase Novus ordo seclorum (Latin for "New Order of the Ages") appears on the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States, first designed in 1782 and printed on the back of the American dollar bill since 1935.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novus_Ordo_Seclorum

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
                      The New World Order would be the kingdom or ten regions of the Antichrist:

And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, who have received no kingdom yet, but will receive authority as kings one hour with the beast. (Rev 17:12)

It also appears on the Great Seal and $1 of the US:

The phrase Novus ordo seclorum (Latin for "New Order of the Ages") appears on the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States, first designed in 1782 and printed on the back of the American dollar bill since 1935.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novus_Ordo_Seclorum
                      It also says: The phrase is often mistranslated as "New World Order," but the Latin for that phrase would be Novus Ordo Mundi.

Origin and meaning

The phrase is taken from the fourth Eclogue of Virgil, which contains a passage (lines 5-8) that reads:

Now comes the final era of the Sibyl's song;
                      the great order of the ages is born afresh.
                      And now justice returns, honored rules return;
                      now a new lineage is sent down from high heaven

Medieval Christians read Virgil's poem as a prophecy of the coming of Christ.

The word seclorum does not mean "secular", as one might assume, but is the genitive (possessive) plural form of the word saeculum, meaning (in this context) generation, century, or age. Saeculum did come to mean "age, world" in late, Christian, Latin, and "secular" is derived from it, through secularis. However, the adjective "secularis," meaning "worldly," is not equivalent to the nominative plural possessive "seclorum," meaning "of the ages."[1]

Thus the motto Novus ordo seclorum can be translated as "A new order of the ages." It was proposed by Charles Thomson, the Latin expert who was involved in the design of the Great Seal of the United States, to signify "the beginning of the new American Era" as of the date of the Declaration of Independence.

maybe more was read into this then ever intended?

God bless

Comment

When Rome ruled the world, some of their commanded decrees are still with us today i.e the calender with the names of days and months, AD, BC. Even some of the Greek decrees from Alexander the Great still influence us today i.e the Septuagint OT and NT.

To establish a world order, someone or some country has to have complete control of every one. It appears that God didn't have complete control of all the spiritual kingdoms of the world before the crucifixion/resurrection by the following scripture.

Revelation 11:15. The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven which said. "the kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and He will reign for ever and ever."

In the above verse, why would it have said "has become?" We also have Daniel 10 to show that the spiritual kingdoms were not "completely" controlled by God.

I believe that Revelation 6 tells of the new world order when Christ conquered the spiritual kingdoms. After He conquered, He decreed the new world order for the spiritual world which parallels and affects the physical world.

Revelation 6 (seals)

1st Seal - White Horse - Christ the conqueror.
                        2nd Seal - Red Horse - There will continue to be war on earth.
                        3rd Seal - Black Horse - People will still have to work for a living.
                        4th Seal - Pale Horse - People will physically die.
                        Fifth Seal- There will be a conscience world after death and before the
                        final Judgment.
                        6th Seal - There will be a Final Judgment.

IMHO.

Comment

If the dollar is brought up there are many questions about it and theories, but I always have a few questions?

Why a pyramid? Where in the U.S. was there an Egyptian looking pyramid? Not to mention the cap stone, why is there an eye in it? An eye was a symbol of Ra. The egyptian sun god . . . guess that's why there is the rays from the sun behind it, but why the heck are our countries founding fathers paying tribute to Ra?

Why can you make a hexagram and get the letters on the points to spell MASON? Why the hexagram of stars above the eagle? The six-pointed star is commonly used both as a talisman and for conjuring spirits in the practice of witchcraft. Also considered the symbol of Saturn which is closely associated to Satanism. Again why are the founding fathers paying homage to ancient gods associated with Satan?

Maybe too much isn't being read into Novus Ordo Seclorum . . .
                          Laughing at the world
                          Watching it bend
                          Enjoying the show
                          Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
                          By God I will sit

In Him I will trust
                          And only Him I will fear
                          I know He'll be near

Comment

Isn't the NWO the one world government?
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes . . . they are one and the same, at least 99.9% of the time, some people may have different ideas.
                              Laughing at the world
                              Watching it bend
                              Enjoying the show
                              Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
                              By God I will sit

In Him I will trust
                              And only Him I will fear
                              I know He'll be near