Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is America in End Time Bible Prophecy???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discussion Where is America in End Time Bible Prophecy???

    With America being a "super-power" I was wondering where we are in scriptures. I see some scriptures which I think refer to America, [I will post them later], however I was wondering why is it that when I read commentary I do not see America referenced.

    Please supply scriptures telling me where you see America in the end times...
    "...For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict, or resist...Luke 21:15"...I am looking for the remnant....sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by Lady Ashanti View Post
    With America being a "super-power" I was wondering where we are in scriptures. I see some scriptures which I think refer to America, [I will post them later], however I was wondering why is it that when I read commentary I do not see America referenced.

    Please supply scriptures telling me where you see America in the end times...

    I see the Eagles wings as the USA and the Lion as Great Britain, which will split up also the Bear I see as the symbol of Russia.

    Daniel 7: 2. And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. 4The first was like a lion, and had eagleís wings:
    I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a manís heart was given to it.
    GB will have to stand like a man on its own.

    In Daniel 8: the USA will deal with Iran just before this President steps down from office, so I see we have not much time before the time of the end period starts.

    After the split between the USA and GB, Russia will cause trouble in verse 5. ďAnd behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.Ē


    I can go into more detail later if you wish.
    PC

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Prophecy Countdown View Post
      I see the Eagles wings as the USA and the Lion as Great Britain, which will split up also the Bear I see as the symbol of Russia.

      Daniel 7: 2. And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. 4The first was like a lion, and had eagleís wings:
      I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a manís heart was given to it.
      GB will have to stand like a man on its own.

      In Daniel 8: the USA will deal with Iran just before this President steps down from office, so I see we have not much time before the time of the end period starts.

      After the split between the USA and GB, Russia will cause trouble in verse 5. ďAnd behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.Ē


      I can go into more detail later if you wish.
      PC

      or the four beast could be,
      1) the lion= Babylon. Like the head of Gold in daniel2 is the king of metal so is the lion the king of the beasts
      2)the bear=media and persia. One side was raised up, persia was the stronger side between the two. the three ribs represent the provinces of lydia, babylon and egypt.
      3)the leopard=grecia. alexander the great was known for how fast he took over the known world. wings=swiftness. after he deid of a mosquito bite(swamp fever) he's empire was devided between his 4 genarals.
      4)the monster beast=roman empire. know for there extended use of iron in there milatery. crushed every thing in there way. scorched earth policy really. ten horns represent the 10 ethnic empires that formed after the roman empire fell..

      what you have in daniel 7 is repertition and enlargment of daniel2. the reason God did that, is that we have no question in our minds what represent what. big old uge signs on the road to the end of the age.
      history can not be changed. prophecy is just future in advance.

      God does the same in daniel8 . He anchors events so that there could be no confusion.

      bennie

      Comment


      • #4
        America is one of the kings who fornicates with the harlot.

        Revelation 18:3 For all the nations have drunk
        the maddening wine of her adulteries.
        The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
        and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by IPet2_9 View Post
          America is one of the kings who fornicates with the harlot.

          Revelation 18:3 For all the nations have drunk
          the maddening wine of her adulteries.
          The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
          and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries."
          Really??? I've never seen anything to even come close to describing the US in the scriptures that would tell me that we are committing anything with that gal. Can you give us a chapter and verse?

          1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

          Comment


          • #6
            If the harlot rides the Beast and the Beast is the New World Order, or the Catholic Church, or almost anything most of us believe on here, it is not that big of a stretch to say that America is fornicating with her.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by IPet2_9 View Post
              If the harlot rides the Beast and the Beast is the New World Order, or the Catholic Church, or almost anything most of us believe on here, it is not that big of a stretch to say that America is fornicating with her.
              No, I hear what you are saying. That isn't quite my point though. I could just as well say that since we aren't mentioned we may be:
              1. Knocked out of the picture by being defeated somehow.
              2. We just aren't a player in the events to come.

              I find that in understanding the written prophecy, there needs to be a tieing (scriptural) mention that makes things clear as to what the prophet was talking about. Otherwise, it is just speculation. Hey, I've been just as guilty of wanting to fill the gaps so to speak but sometimes it's just better to wait and see. Otherwise, we tend to have so many theories on the subject we cloud our own perception.

              For instance, the prophecies concerning the Lord Jesus. The Jews were looking for the Lion of Judah to come first, not the Lamb of Isaiah 53 if you get my meaning... Therefore, they were so proud and stubborn on their theories, the totally missed who the messiah really was.

              1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

              Comment


              • #8
                If there is an "End Times" and if it happens 500-1,000 years from now, I'd say America wouldn't really be a factor, wouldn't you?

                Even if it were 50 years from now, America probably wouldn't be a factor. We just won't hold that much influence in the future.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by apothanein kerdos View Post
                  If there is an "End Times" and if it happens 500-1,000 years from now, I'd say America wouldn't really be a factor, wouldn't you?

                  Even if it were 50 years from now, America probably wouldn't be a factor. We just won't hold that much influence in the future.
                  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts in more depth on that if you have the time.

                  1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lady Ashanti View Post
                    Please supply scriptures telling me where you see America in the end times...
                    Nowhere - we are going to eventually wind up on the ash pile of history. Hopefully it won't be during our lifetime.
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Parson View Post
                      I'd be interested to hear your thoughts in more depth on that if you have the time.
                      I can tell you from my point of view that we are a doomed nation. Economically, we are setting ourselves up for a financial disaster that's going to make 1929 look like a little bump on the road. If this nation is still solvent and open for business 50 years from now, I'll be shocked. We are headed for the biggest national downfall that this world has ever seen. I just hope that I'm not still here to witness it.
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The Eagle...

                        Originally posted by Prophecy Countdown View Post
                        I see the Eagles wings as the USA and the Lion as Great Britain, which will split up also the Bear I see as the symbol of Russia.

                        Daniel 7: 2. And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. 4The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings:
                        I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.
                        GB will have to stand like a man on its own.

                        In Daniel 8: the USA will deal with Iran just before this President steps down from office, so I see we have not much time before the time of the end period starts.

                        After the split between the USA and GB, Russia will cause trouble in verse 5. “And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.”


                        I can go into more detail later if you wish.
                        PC
                        It is my understanding of "symbols" in scripture that the eagle represents Prophet[s], and Jesus Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy, and the Lion is Jesus Christ, who is the Lamb, and the Lion.
                        Last edited by Lady Ashanti; Sep 10th 2008, 03:45 AM. Reason: Left something out...
                        "...For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict, or resist...Luke 21:15"...I am looking for the remnant....sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lady Ashanti View Post
                          It is my understanding of "symbols" in scripture that the eagle represents Prophet[s], and Jesus Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy.
                          How do you figure on equating an eagle with prophets?
                          ----------------------------------------------
                          When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by IPet2_9 View Post
                            America is one of the kings who fornicates with the harlot.

                            Revelation 18:3 For all the nations have drunk
                            the maddening wine of her adulteries.
                            The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
                            and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries."
                            Who is the harlot???
                            "...For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict, or resist...Luke 21:15"...I am looking for the remnant....sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Lol!!!

                              Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                              Nowhere - we are going to eventually wind up on the ash pile of history. Hopefully it won't be during our lifetime.


                              ...I have always wondered on this since the beginning of my salvation. I have always thought that we are either destroyed, or absorbed into another country. Just a thought..

                              I am seeing something in my study, tho'
                              "...For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict, or resist...Luke 21:15"...I am looking for the remnant....sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X