Scientist Recreates the Big Bang Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientist Recreates the Big Bang Live

Scientist will recreate the Big Bang Live at http://www.interactions.org/cms/?pid=1026735
    You can actually watch them live as they turn the thingy on

Tomorrow - 1:30 a.m. CDT on Wednesday, Sept. 10,2008
    "After 40 years of planning and construction, the biggest science experiment in history is ready to be tested. The "Large Hadron Collider" is an experiment created by the greatest minds in physics. It cost $10 billion and its resulting data has the potential to explain why we and the Universe exist. Their idea is to smash protons towards one another at the speed of light, trying to mimic what happened in the milliseconds after The Big Bang

What will you be doing on the time of the second Big Bang?

So what does the scripture say about the first Big Bang

2 Samuel 22:16
    And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.
    We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

I like viewing Genesis 1-2 in this way. The creation of heaven- space, earth- matter, water and then light- energy. The matter was without form and void then "bang" but bigger.

I view 1-2 in other ways but this, I like.

I hope we don't wake up with a hole in Europe.

Comment

I suppose they are suggesting that there was a huge scientific machine in the beginning which caused the bang to occur.

Comment

So that would be 2:30am EDT time?

sigpic

Comment

Making a proton run laps at mind numbing speeds does not a big-bang make.

Comment

Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
            So that would be 2:30am EDT time?
            I guess so, I dont want to wake up on mars.
            We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

Comment

If the Rapture was to happen, it would be a perfect cover up for it.
              sigpic

Comment

Just so we're clear here... some scientists theorize that the LHC may make "really small" (and I hate to use that term) black holes. What people creating doomsday scenarios miss is that scientists also believe these small black holes exist in nature, but "evaporate" instantaneously. To make even the smallest theorized would take amounts of energy that could dwarf all the energy man and animals have ever generated on earth, in all time, combined.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                  Just so we're clear here... some scientists theorize that the LHC may make "really small" (and I hate to use that term) black holes. What people creating doomsday scenarios miss is that scientists also believe these small black holes exist in nature, but "evaporate" instantaneously. To make even the smallest theorized would take amounts of energy that could dwarf all the energy man and animals have ever generated on earth, in all time, combined.
                  It sounds like those scientists have tremendous faith, just in the wrong things
                  sigpic

Comment

If you hear a big bang tomorrow from across the water somewhere, you'll know what happened.
                    "Your name and renown
                    is the desire of our hearts."
                    (Isaiah 26:8)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                      It sounds like those scientists have tremendous faith, just in the wrong things
                      Why? Because they're investigating things that the average person has no understanding of?

Comment

Why? Because they're investigating things that the average person has no understanding of?
                        I don't really believe they are doing it for investigative purposes. They have something else in mind.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't really believe they are doing it for investigative purposes. They have something else in mind.
                          They built the world's largest experimental apparatus, used to conduct tests on elements of physics we have little understanding of, constructed with the input of over 8000 physicists from 85 different countries, and you say they aren't doing it for investigative purposes?

What exactly is it for then?

Comment

They built the world's largest experimental apparatus, used to conduct tests on elements of physics we have little understanding of, constructed with the input of over 8000 physicists from 85 different countries, and you say they aren't doing it for investigative purposes?

What exactly is it for then?
                            Weaponry or Stargate type of experiments.
                            sigpic

Comment

Weaponry or Stargate type of experiments.
                              So tens of thousands of people, from physicists & engineers, to construction workers and facility maintenance staff, from 85 different nations, representing a myriad of different cultures, religions, and political affiliations all decided to keep the REAL purpose of the LHC to themselves?

Are all the other colliders the same thing (even though we can verify the experiments that are run in them daily)?

Comment

Working...
                              X