No announcement yet.

U.K.'s Biggest Credit Card Provider Says We'll All Get A Chip Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion U.K.'s Biggest Credit Card Provider Says We'll All Get A Chip Soon

The biggest credit card provider in the U.K. is now publicly saying that the plan is for everyone to start paying for their purchases with a microchip instead of a credit card very soon.

"In time you won't have to carry a plastic credit card around with you if you don't want to, although some people will chose to for nostalgic reasons," Barclaycard Chief Executive Officer Antony Jenkins stated recently.

This is just another small step towards the day when everyone in society will be forced to get chipped.

This news story continues here:

http://themoralcollapseofamerica.blo...ider-says.html
    Why God? - Because He created us and He wants to save us

They book this like is it a way against fraud, but the only fraud it would prevent is the actual card getting stolen. It does nothing to prevent theft of information that is accessible in other ways: phone, internet, and the many other ways of getting a persons personal information.

sigpic

Comment

This is scary, I wonder what kind of excuse they're going to think of next.
      I just hope God's grace will be with me, I don't know how long I can last without me coke zero. I kid.

Comment

The orginal news story this Blog got this off of is here: http://uk.reuters.com/article/busine...e=businessNews

And it doesn't say one word about a chip being implanted in anyone...in fact it says this: Barclaycard, owned by Barclays Plc, introduced its first contactless credit card as the OnePulse product one year ago, in which a microchip allows customers to pay for goods by touching the card against a reader without having to remove it from their wallet or purse.

So you still have to have a card...this whole story is very misleading. Apparently the chip will be IN the card...not in people like the blogger suggests....
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Moonglow, thank you for the clarification, wheew.

Comment

The Barclaycard Wave (as I think it's called) allows three functions to be combined into a single card. It works as a regular debit card, it also works as a contactless purchase mechanism for small purchases (I think the limit is 10, equivalent to about $18), and also an Oyster card. Oyster is the contactless travel payment system used across London's Underground and bus network.

For now the chips are embedded into cards rather than people, but it doesn't take a huge leap of imagination to see the option of having chips embedded into the human body as a convenience - it's easy enough to push the advantages of never losing or forgetting your card. And, of course, given the fact that a card has to be waved over a reader using a hand the most obvious place to put the chip would be in the hand.
            24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
            I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
            I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
            1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

oh and I have to really, really object to this fear pushing on that blog!

Will you resist when you cannot buy or sell anything without it?

What will you do?

Where will you live?

How will you buy food for you and your family?

Will you resist when they start putting people without the chip in camps?

Will you resist when they start waterboarding you?

What about when they threaten to put a nail through your eye?

What about when they put you in a cramped, windowless cell and they turn out all the lights and they let dozens and dozens of hungry rats in?

What about when they start torturing your children right in front of you?

Will you still resist even then?

Will you still resist when they threaten to burn all of your skin off with acid and then throw you into a blazing fire?

Is it worth it for you to resist?

Why not just make things easy on yourself and take the chip and then you can stay in your house and buy and sell and you can go to work and live normally and the new world order will get of your back?

Is any of this even In the bible? No...not one word about being tortured or having any of this other stuff happen to us. The worse the bible says is those refusing to worship the beast will be killed. Nothing about watching your children being tortured or having your skin burned off. Nothing about starving either! Or running and hiding. This stuff really upsets me....in scares some people into having nervous breakdowns! Sends some into a complete and total state of panic and that isn't what our message should be at all. The focus should only be ON Christ...if a person stays focused on Him everything else will fall into place.
              "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Unless this card is glued to your forehead or right hand,it's not the mark of satan...

Now when this method passes with flying colors they will find a way to make it, even easier and more convienent for you...you won't need a card at all!All you have to do is pledge your allegience to ?whoever? and just carry his name,symbol,number or whatever on your forehead or right hand...(no big deal really..right?)and you can buy anything you like...

.....I wouldn't invest in that Visa,Mastercard,verichip,digital angel or whatever though,if I were you guys....Cause you can't get a refund on that one!and live to tell about it...

Comment

Fear mongering certainly doesn't help, but although the Bible does say those who don't take the mark will be killed (as opposed to defining torture in any detail) we already know of Christians being tortured in other countries even now, and that's before a worldwide tribulation starts.

It's important to know that we may well suffer things we can't imagine right now, but the question "is it worth it to resist" is pretty well answered in Rev 14:9-11.
                  24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
                  I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
                  I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
                  1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
                    The Barclaycard Wave (as I think it's called) allows three functions to be combined into a single card. It works as a regular debit card, it also works as a contactless purchase mechanism for small purchases (I think the limit is 10, equivalent to about $18), and also an Oyster card. Oyster is the contactless travel payment system used across London's Underground and bus network.

For now the chips are embedded into cards rather than people, but it doesn't take a huge leap of imagination to see the option of having chips embedded into the human body as a convenience - it's easy enough to push the advantages of never losing or forgetting your card. And, of course, given the fact that a card has to be waved over a reader using a hand the most obvious place to put the chip would be in the hand.
                    If that happens...which if it does it only will in first world countries as third world countries have no money to buy anything with in the first place...then thieves will be cutting chips out of people...but QD also brought up a good point...chips aren't even safe from technology...like people able to use something to get information off your cell phones and other things. People will simply invent something to walk by those with chips that will scan the information right off their chips stealing their ID and all their bank information..then putting it on their own chips and pretending to be you! ...then will we be back to square one. Thieves are probably already planning for this! I would rather be scanned (if I had a chip) then have it cut out of me!

God bless

Comment

There are people already being chipped for various reasons. But it isn't widespread. However, it is my opinion that it is coming. More than financial transactions will be possible with an implanted chip.

What few know is that business will be a driving factor behind such a move to implant people with chips.

I see some people come in to threads of this nature and make all sorts of claims when they really ought not since they know nothing of the technology, its uses and what is in the works. People that don't know what they are talking about ought not pretend they do.

One of the claims I hear is that an implanted chip isn't safe from having its information stolen. The conclusion they then draw from this is therefore such a thing can never be. I wonder if it ever occurs to such people that this problem can be overcome and will be overcome. Does it occur to these people making this claim that such situations have occurred before regarding technology and information and the safeguarding of it or is this the first such occurrence of this type of problem? Hardly.

Some people think the poor in the world will not get chips because there is no money for such a thing. Some people need to realize that the poor do not decide what happens in this world, and if the rich wish to implant all the people of the world with a chip, they will do so. The rich and powerful make the decisions - not the poor. This seems beyond the grasp of some however.

But it is an argument I hear and is easily debunked and in fact I have debunked it before.

China is planning on giving everyone of its citizens a card with a chip in it. Any poor people in China? Any people in China in very remote places? Will it cost a lot of money? The answer is yes to all three questions. And yet China is going to do it. Did they ask the poor people if they wanted it? No. The rich and the powerful make the decisions as I said and not the poor. The point isn't that China is going to issue cards with chips but that they are going to do so to everyone. It could just as easily be an implanted chip. That is the point.

Is there money to chip all the people in the world? Well, obama in all his wisdom wants to throw away 845 billion dollars on the poor in the world in addition to what we already give. Now that is our money. It is not money from any other country.

So please, arguing there isn't enough money is simply ignoring reality and ultimately a silly argument; silly because it runs contrary to reality supported by facts.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                        If that happens...which if it does it only will in first world countries as third world countries have no money to buy anything with in the first place...then thieves will be cutting chips out of people...but QD also brought up a good point...chips aren't even safe from technology...like people able to use something to get information off your cell phones and other things. People will simply invent something to walk by those with chips that will scan the information right off their chips stealing their ID and all their bank information..then putting it on their own chips and pretending to be you! ...then will we be back to square one. Thieves are probably already planning for this! I would rather be scanned (if I had a chip) then have it cut out of me!

God bless
                        The fact it isn't secure won't stop it being introduced. In the UK we have chip-and-pin credit cards, where instead of signing for something you enter a four-digit identification number at the point of purchase. We are told this is more secure, but a signature takes time to learn to forge. I've been able to watch people type in their PIN from anything up to thirty feet away. With the PIN observed all you have to do is acquire the card (not difficult for those disposed to violence) and you can go shopping.

The PIN approach is so weak it almost beggars belief - if as a white man I attempted to pass off a signature for, say, "Mrs J Ogunbe" it's a fair bet that I am not the person named on the card. With a PIN I simply tap in the numbers and the checkout assistant doesn't even look at the card.

There are also many more purposes for an implanted chip. Professor Kevin Warwick had a chip implanted in his arm so he could do things like unlock his office door and turn the light on simply by approaching them. At the time it was an academic exercise (although the ego massage associated with walking into a room and a mechanical voice greeting you by name is nice, for a geek at least), but it's easy to see how these things develop.

---

Comment

Even if the poor countries probably won't give us obvious clues why they will need this technology, a jealous leader which is the main cause of their poverty may see to it his citizens will be fitted with such science.

Imagine the advantage to a paranoid leader being met with pockets of resistance by those who are oppressed with his leadership. He will be given the chance to monitor their every movement with such a technology, if it will be a given that it can have the feature to use GPS.

This is very tempting also for parents, just in cases of abduction it will be easier for authorities to locate the missing child.

I am being very general here, but we will probably given such choices in the future.

Comment

Will you resist when you cannot buy or sell anything without it?

What will you do?

Where will you live?

How will you buy food for you and your family?

Will you resist when they start putting people without the chip in camps?

Will you resist when they start waterboarding you?

What about when they threaten to put a nail through your eye?

What about when they put you in a cramped, windowless cell and they turn out all the lights and they let dozens and dozens of hungry rats in?

What about when they start torturing your children right in front of you?

Will you still resist even then?

Will you still resist when they threaten to burn all of your skin off with acid and then throw you into a blazing fire?

Is it worth it for you to resist?

Why not just make things easy on yourself and take the chip and then you can stay in your house and buy and sell and you can go to work and live normally and the new world order will get of your back?
                            My friend, this is purely speculation on my part but I believe we will be haunted and physically forced to conform to the mark of the beast, there is no boundaries for our sorrow that I can imagine.
                            First our friends will be alienated from us, then they'll start asking us to make choices for our family, we won't be able to work, even the simple act of buying clothes will be impossible. Basic medicine will be denied to us, and society will turn against us because if it will be justifiable for them that we should conform for a more secure society, then it will be unacceptable that we refuse to avail of such a simple technology.
                            The spirit of the enemy will work on them to be unsympathetic to us.

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
                              Fear mongering certainly doesn't help, but although the Bible does say those who don't take the mark will be killed (as opposed to defining torture in any detail) we already know of Christians being tortured in other countries even now, and that's before a worldwide tribulation starts.

It's important to know that we may well suffer things we can't imagine right now, but the question "is it worth it to resist" is pretty well answered in Rev 14:9-11.
                              I realize Christians in some parts of the world are tortured and killed or jailed for their beliefs. I would bet though in these times the percentage of these is extremely small and that most Christian have and will die of natural causes, accidents and illnesses. Now the first century Christians were terribly persecuted and many slaughter! A much smaller area in the world and this was possible to do. Back then, yes being a Christian meant almost certain death.

Lets says they forced people to get the mark...which I don't see that in any verse in the bible...but lets say they do. I mean honestly why torture anyone into taking it? Just physically hold them down and inject it...then its done. (first I don't see any government having the man power to go door to door and seeing who does or doesn't have the mark..and people have survived going underground to get food, work, medication..its a big business in fact...its not that hard to hide from the government...not when millions of people are involved. In fact I had a friend that spend most of his life without a social security number and yes he worked, rented homes and got along just fine. He thought the SSN was the mark of the beast so refused to get one! He collected anquites and sold them at auctions and did just find. I have no idea how he got a drivers license without one but he did. ).

Anyway lets say they physically held you down and injected a mark in you which honestly I truly do not see happening. Will that person lose their salvation? That is the big question here and the only one that really matters. No that person would not because every single verse about the mark includes worship of the beast! So even if a person had a mark that was forced upon them...does not mean they renounced their faith in Christ and that alone is what is going to get them killed! So their is no point at all in forcing anyone...through torture or whatever means to take the mark. What's important is the worship of the beast! A person can be covered with forced marks and it won't mean a thing as long as they stay true to Christ. This is why I do not believe...especially since the bible does not say this...that anyone will be tortured into taking the mark. It would be meaningless and satan of all beings would know that. It would be easier and better just to shoot us all in the head and be done with us....and that would actually line up with scriptures much better anyway.

The fact it isn't secure won't stop it being introduced. In the UK we have chip-and-pin credit cards, where instead of signing for something you enter a four-digit identification number at the point of purchase. We are told this is more secure, but a signature takes time to learn to forge. I've been able to watch people type in their PIN from anything up to thirty feet away. With the PIN observed all you have to do is acquire the card (not difficult for those disposed to violence) and you can go shopping.

The PIN approach is so weak it almost beggars belief - if as a white man I attempted to pass off a signature for, say, "Mrs J Ogunbe" it's a fair bet that I am not the person named on the card. With a PIN I simply tap in the numbers and the checkout assistant doesn't even look at the card.

There are also many more purposes for an implanted chip. Professor Kevin Warwick had a chip implanted in his arm so he could do things like unlock his office door and turn the light on simply by approaching them. At the time it was an academic exercise (although the ego massage associated with walking into a room and a mechanical voice greeting you by name is nice, for a geek at least), but it's easy to see how these things develop.
                              That is true...the fact that it isn't secure won't stop it from being introduced. I just think even without Christians saying this could be the mark of the best, most will not go for having something injected in them. (not too mention the price of it) How many people are scared to death of needles? Alot. I think most people will be very unwilling to actually have something put into their bodies like this. Far too many times we have been told something is medically safe then find out later its not. Even if it could be proved without any doubts these would not get into the blood stream and travel and were totally safe, I just cannot see people flocking to get something injected into them. I think it'll be a very hard sell.

God bless

Comment

Working...
                              X