No announcement yet.

Differneces Between....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is another camp. Not all futurists are dispensationalist. There is a set of beliefs that is called "Classical Premillennialism". You might want to check that out as well. Very enlightening, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by nikkiw View Post
      Preterism and Dispensationalism/Futurism.

...I guess i am Pre-Trib (Tim LaHaye's Left behind Series doctrine is what i grew up with), but now i am hearing all sorts of stuff! ...
      Nikki
      I actually grew up not believing in Jesus but began to know about Jesus at a pre-trib church at age 27 and that was all I was taught until I began to study the bible on my own, using the Holy Spirit as my guide instead of man's teachings. I found far too many scriptures that clearly showed one judgment day for believers and non-believers and had to eventually give up the idea of a pre-trib rapture in favor of what the bible actually teaches.

The plain words of Jesus is a prime example:

Joh 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, (29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

The big pre-trib verse used by most pre-trib teachers is 1Thes.4:16-17 but that verse is surrounded by the context of the second coming of the Lord, going back three verses and forward 5 verses into the next chapter. If you read that rapture verse in context, taking chapter and verse numbers out from 1Thes. 4:13-5:7, you will KNOW this is about the 2nd coming, not some secret event 7 years prior.

Comment

Originally posted by nikkiw View Post
        Preterism and Dispensationalism/Futurism.

Hi! This Question is mainly for MarkEdward and Literalist-Luke, and possibly Vinsight4u8, but I am open to discussion with others. I am currently researching Preterism for my own enrichment. I have done a search here on the board, but just having trouble understanding what's being talked about. I guess i am Pre-Trib (Tim LaHaye's Left behind Series doctrine is what i grew up with), but now i am hearing all sorts of stuff! LOL! I'm not doubting what i believe, but wish to gain a better understanding of different views. I appreciate your time and attention! Thanks!

Nikki
        Don't get frustrated. Pre trib is hardly based on Tim Lahay or just one or two passages in the Bible. I was pre trib before Left Behind and remain so after giving serious thought and study to the other views.

You will also find that with in each camp there is varying views of end times, so just take your times, study and pray, let the Holy Spirit lead you on and you will be fine. Take your time and you will get a feel for and understanding of what others belief prophecy teaches. We are all on the same team but sometimes we disagree on what the team is going to be doing and when.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X