The "Mark Of The Beast" Is Spiritual, Not Physical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Mark Of The Beast" Is Spiritual, Not Physical

i believe scripture is quite clear that satan and god alike claim each of their own with a spiritual mark.

mark of satan:

"He also caused everyone (small and great, rich and poor, free and slave) to obtain a mark on their right hand or on their forehead." (revelation 13:16)

"Then I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had conquered the beast and his image and the number of his name."
    (revelation 15:2)

mark of god:

"Then the glory of the God of Israel went up from the cherub where it had rested to the threshold of the temple. He called to the man dressed in linen who had the writing kit at his side. The Lord said to him, “Go through the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of the people who moan and groan over all the abominations practiced in it.” (ezekiel 9:3-4)

"Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, who had the seal of the living God. He shouted out with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given permission to damage the earth and the sea: “Do not damage the earth or the sea or the trees until we have put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Now I heard the number of those who were marked with the seal, one hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed from all the tribes of the people of Israel..." (revelation 7:2-5)

"Then out of the smoke came locusts onto the earth, and they were given power like that of the scorpions of the earth. They were told not to damage the grass of the earth, or any green plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their forehead." (revelation 9:3-4)

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life – water as clear as crystal – pouring out from the throne of God and of the Lamb, flowing down the middle of the city’s main street. On each side of the river is the tree of life producing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month of the year. Its leaves are for the healing of the nations. And there will no longer be any curse, and the throne of God and the Lamb will be in the city. His servants will worship him, and they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads."
    (revelation 22:1-4)

surely, god has never, nor will ever force his believers to receive a physical implant/mark in order to convey to others that they belong to him. likewise, satan will not force people to receive a physical mark. this would also thwart his plan of deception, as this process would be too obvious.

i also think it could prove to be detrimental to believe satan's mark will be a physical one, being forcibly administered in a public scenario (as commonly depicted). this undoubtedly has caused some individuals to attempt to evaluate their current place in the end-time calendar, therefore perhaps causing spiritual lukewarmness (for example, "oh, we haven't been forced to receive the mark of the beast yet, so christ's return must be further down the road").

therefore, this is why i believe this common portrayal of the "mark of the beast", as depicted in mainstream christian media, might very well be a deception straight from satan himself. perhaps satan does not want humanity to realize that they already have his mark.

i believe further proof that humanity has, is, and will continue to receive the mark of the beast up until the second coming, is derived from the following scripture:

"There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name." (revelation 14:11)

when i look at my home country, for example, i cannot help but notice the "restlessness" in the individuals that reside in it. people are so busy with their day-to-day grind that they simply do not have rest - physically, emotionally or spiritually. this does not surprise me however, because i believe the united states is the most ungodly nation on the planet. due to the fact that most of its citizens are not saved, consequently partakers of the mark of the beast, they therefore do not have no rest.

another important subject is that of physical sleep.

"He grants sleep to those he loves." (psalm 127:2)

charles spurgeon calls this the "peculiar sleep of the beloved". apparently, god is pleased to grant true believers a peculiar and precious physical rest.

i have noticed that "sleep aide" commercials are quite prevalent on television in america. if indeed america is the ungodly nation that it is, then perhaps there is literally "no rest for the wicked".

Really interesting post, I did have to strain to read the small print but I may agree with all of your thoughts here.

Comment

I changed the text size for everyone to read it easier.
      Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

thanks josie. this is something god has revealed to me recently.

i have always thought the common depictions of the "mark of the beast" were quite exaggerated. likewise, i believe christian media has sensationalized the process of the rapture. the catching away of true believers into the heavens will most likely not be executed in the dramatic fashion that has been often portrayed (but this is a discussion for another time ).

and thanks slug for changing the size, i appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by immortality View Post
          surely, god has never, nor will ever force his believers to receive a physical implant/mark in order to convey to others that they belong to him.
          Genesis 17:10-14 This [is] my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. (11) And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. (12) And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which [is] not of thy seed. (13) He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. (14) And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Circumcision was not only a sign between God and the children of Israel. It was a sign everyone else as well.
          Genesis 4:15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

God certainly gave Cain a mark, for others to see, but not because Cain was a believer.

But, I DO agree that the mark in Revelation is a spiritual mark. I rather suspect, however, it will be both.

Comment

Originally posted by immortality View Post
            i believe scripture is quite clear that satan and god alike claim each of their own with a spiritual mark.

mark of satan:

"He also caused everyone (small and great, rich and poor, free and slave) to obtain a mark on their right hand or on their forehead." (revelation 13:16)

"Then I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had conquered the beast and his image and the number of his name." (revelation 15:2)

mark of god:

"Then the glory of the God of Israel went up from the cherub where it had rested to the threshold of the temple. He called to the man dressed in linen who had the writing kit at his side. The Lord said to him, “Go through the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of the people who moan and groan over all the abominations practiced in it.” (ezekiel 9:3-4)

"Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, who had the seal of the living God. He shouted out with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given permission to damage the earth and the sea: “Do not damage the earth or the sea or the trees until we have put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Now I heard the number of those who were marked with the seal, one hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed from all the tribes of the people of Israel..." (revelation 7:2-5)

"Then out of the smoke came locusts onto the earth, and they were given power like that of the scorpions of the earth. They were told not to damage the grass of the earth, or any green plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their forehead." (revelation 9:3-4)

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life – water as clear as crystal – pouring out from the throne of God and of the Lamb, flowing down the middle of the city’s main street. On each side of the river is the tree of life producing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month of the year. Its leaves are for the healing of the nations. And there will no longer be any curse, and the throne of God and the Lamb will be in the city. His servants will worship him, and they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads." (revelation 22:1-4)

surely, god has never, nor will ever force his believers to receive a physical implant/mark in order to convey to others that they belong to him. likewise, satan will not force people to receive a physical mark. this would also thwart his plan of deception, as this process would be too obvious.

i also think it could prove to be detrimental to believe satan's mark will be a physical one, being forcibly administered in a public scenario (as commonly depicted). this undoubtedly has caused some individuals to attempt to evaluate their current place in the end-time calendar, therefore perhaps causing spiritual lukewarmness (for example, "oh, we haven't been forced to receive the mark of the beast yet, so christ's return must be further down the road").

therefore, this is why i believe this common portrayal of the "mark of the beast", as depicted in mainstream christian media, might very well be a deception straight from satan himself. perhaps satan does not want humanity to realize that they already have his mark.

i believe further proof that humanity has, is, and will continue to receive the mark of the beast up until the second coming, is derived from the following scripture:

"There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name." (revelation 14:11)

when i look at my home country, for example, i cannot help but notice the "restlessness" in the individuals that reside in it. people are so busy with their day-to-day grind that they simply do not have rest - physically, emotionally or spiritually. this does not surprise me however, because i believe the united states is the most ungodly nation on the planet. due to the fact that most of its citizens are not saved, consequently partakers of the mark of the beast, they therefore do not have no rest.

another important subject is that of physical sleep.

"He grants sleep to those he loves." (psalm 127:2)

charles spurgeon calls this the "peculiar sleep of the beloved". apparently, god is pleased to grant true believers a peculiar and precious physical rest.

i have noticed that "sleep aide" commercials are quite prevalent on television in america. if indeed america is the ungodly nation that it is, then perhaps there is literally "no rest for the wicked".

Good research. Thanks. I also have come to that conclusion after previously looking for a literal chip yrs ago.

Paul
            "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

http://www.evangelicaltruth.com/

WPM

Comment

I have thought for quite some time that those of us who are looking for some sort of embedded computer chip are carrying the Mark too far. However, one key difference between the sealing of the Holy Spirit and the Beast's Mark is that the Mark is said to be possible on the right hand. That is something that is never mentioned in conjunction with the Holy Spirit's sealing. That suggests to me that the best the Beast can do to counterfeit the Holy Spirit's sealing is with a physical mark, as opposed to the Holy Spirit's spiritual mark. After all, the right hand is a specific location.

But even more importantly and more directly to the point, how would the world's merchants be able to refuse to buy or sell anything with a person without the Mark if it's only spiritual? They would be unable to see if the person in question has the Mark or not. That alone necessitates a physical aspect to the Mark.
              ----------------------------------------------
              When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Those that have the mark of the beast are those who have not washed their robes in the blood of the lamb.
                Unforgiven sin has the same consequences as having the mark.
                If we reject the gospel, the mark will remain.
                And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

buy or sell

When I read this chapter in the book of Revelation, I take it as a literal mark because of the "that no man may buy or sell unless he has the mark of the beast". This is my feeling anyway. God bless all.

Comment

The spiritual mark is man's worship of the Antichrist (Satan)
                    The physical mark will be electronic or biogenetical.

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkroses View Post
                      When I read this chapter in the book of Revelation, I take it as a literal mark because of the "that no man may buy or sell unless he has the mark of the beast". This is my feeling anyway. God bless all.

Could there not be a time whereby all those on the earth have the mark? Meaning those "remaining" were the fullfillment thereof......

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                        After all, the right hand is a specific location.
                        A thought here....... could the right hand signify the church and those which live inside the city and the forehead Israel? Interesting that when you go to a ball game you are stamped on the right hand for going to and fro.......

But even more importantly and more directly to the point, how would the world's merchants be able to refuse to buy or sell anything with a person without the Mark if it's only spiritual? They would be unable to see if the person in question has the Mark or not. That alone necessitates a physical aspect to the Mark.
                        Who says they refuse anyone..........Those without the mark are killed so it would be hard for them to refuse these individuals. Also if they came across someone without a mark they would probably deliver them up to death and not refuse to sell thier goods and move onward.

Mark

Comment

Or it could be a physical mark that represents a spiritual mark, like the government is wanting to do with the National ID making us all have to have that.. and that is the forerunner of the Mark of the Beast, i seen a picture of it... and it was about the size of pen head on a pen, and they inject it in your wrist, which back then the wrist was considered your hand because that is where they nailed Jesus Christ at because if they nailed him through the palm the nail would rip out.. so the wrist was considered the hand... also it says in the forehead, which the other one i have not seen but i can imagine it be injected in the eye, or maybe contact lens or some sort... After i read about that, it sounded awful familiar to what was written in the Revelation, John 2000 years ago just about, received a vision about this... Its coming to life...

Without the National ID card, we will not be able to by or sell, which is the forerunner of the Mark of the Beast, this is what I think... I think the National ID card will phase out because its one card with all your information on it... and they inject that chip inside you they don't have to check to see if you had the card they can just run you through the scanner and that will pick up that chip inside of you, and you don't have to worry about anybody stealing your National ID card because it will be in your flesh.... So once the National ID card takes place, maybe a few years later they will want to use the Mark of the Beast because they would think it is more useful and a better idea.. which it isn't

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                            A thought here....... could the right hand signify the church and those which live inside the city and the forehead Israel?
                            The Bible offers nothing to support that.
                            Interesting that when you go to a ball game you are stamped on the right hand for going to and fro.......
                            I wouldn't make too much of that. Besides, the last time I went, I was stamped on my left hand.
                            Who says they refuse anyone
                            John says it in Revelation 13:17 - "They could not buy or sell unless they had the mark."
                            Those without the mark are killed so it would be hard for them to refuse these individuals.
                            It's all part of the package.
                            Also if they came across someone without a mark they would probably deliver them up to death and not refuse to sell thier goods and move onward.
                            That's speculation - we can only go with what the Bible says.
                            ----------------------------------------------
                            When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisJ View Post
                              Or it could be a physical mark that represents a spiritual mark, like the government is wanting to do with the National ID making us all have to have that.. and that is the forerunner of the Mark of the Beast, i seen a picture of it... and it was about the size of pen head on a pen, and they inject it in your wrist, which back then the wrist was considered your hand because that is where they nailed Jesus Christ at because if they nailed him through the palm the nail would rip out.. so the wrist was considered the hand... also it says in the forehead, which the other one i have not seen but i can imagine it be injected in the eye, or maybe contact lens or some sort... After i read about that, it sounded awful familiar to what was written in the Revelation, John 2000 years ago just about, received a vision about this... Its coming to life...

Without the National ID card, we will not be able to by or sell, which is the forerunner of the Mark of the Beast, this is what I think... I think the National ID card will phase out because its one card with all your information on it... and they inject that chip inside you they don't have to check to see if you had the card they can just run you through the scanner and that will pick up that chip inside of you, and you don't have to worry about anybody stealing your National ID card because it will be in your flesh.... So once the National ID card takes place, maybe a few years later they will want to use the Mark of the Beast because they would think it is more useful and a better idea.. which it isn't
                              I agree with you my friend. One channel in our country shows the advances of science in Japan. There is one particular technology where you don't have to bring multiple e-cards for your daily routines. It can be your company ID, your subway ticket, your credit card, and your main ID. This is already being practiced in some of their cities. What alarmed me is when the chips implanted on pets with the owner's information is the size of a grain of rice. I sometimes think too much, but what if it will be integrated and adapted for us? When will we start to see it as a norm to have this on humans? Only time will tell.

With the advent on terrorism and need for more security that is convenient for faster transactions, perhaps DNA information will be integrated to that embedded chip as well. Faster security checks on airports. Very enticing for the scared population who have to contend with "irritating" security checks.

I believe it will be a physical mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X