X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Faith Club

A Muslim, a Christian, a Jew.

Three Women Search for Understanding.

They started "The Faith Club" based on interfaith-relations and learning to accept others despite their faith.

Faith Clubs are popping up all over the U.S. now and really growing in number.

Could this seemingly innocent step be a step towards a single world religion?

I doubt that is the agenda of these women, but could they have accidentally began a conditioning of the Western cultures to accept each others faiths and eventually merge them all?

I personally feel "The Faith Club" is bad news.

What do you all think?

Click on this link to learn more about "The Faith Club" if you don't know much about them.

Laughing at the world
    Watching it bend
    Enjoying the show
    Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
    as I walk through the mist
    By God I will sit
    And watch the world twist

In Him I will trust
    And only Him I will fear
    When the world turns to dust
    I know He'll be near

IMO, they seem to be starting to cross the line into being yoked together with unbelievers. Also, I am concerned about having to make various compromises about sharing your faith so that you can unify with women of other religions in this way. It's the same as the problem we face with this alleged "Judeo-Christian alliance": we fellowship with Jews, support Israel with them, pay their plane ticket to fly to Israel, donate to the Jewish community center, etc. etc. etc.--knowing that if we dared broach the subject of Christ, we would risk alienating them. But in so doing, we are actually saying it's okay for them not to accept Christ. And it's not okay.

I am all for peace and understanding between the religions, but that is one thing I would watch out for.

Comment

I feel very much the same, there is a fuzzy line there but I feel this book and "Faith Clubs" cross that line . . . it seems a little too accepting of each other's faiths.
      Laughing at the world
      Watching it bend
      Enjoying the show
      Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
      By God I will sit

In Him I will trust
      And only Him I will fear
      I know He'll be near

Comment

ALL I could see was "RELIGION", religion, religion. Funny thing is if I wanted to not to offend another faith, then I'd call it religion too. Religion is real easy to talk about, but when you talk about the ONLY way to Salvation...well, that's a whole nuther story right?
        I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

I'm all for Christian/Jewish denominations fellowshipping like that, but anything else is satan.

I really can't see any harmony aside from not talking about religion at all.
          sigpic

Comment

After reading some excerpts from the link, the lady who is portrayed as a Christian doesn't sound like one to me. Some of the things she says don't align with the Bible or a true Christian worldview.

She sounds more like a Ba'hai, one who embraces all paths to the top of the mountain as true and valid; from a watered-down Christianity that is all embracing and welcoming of other religions with no foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
              After reading some excerpts from the link, the lady who is portrayed as a Christian doesn't sound like one to me. Some of the things she says don't align with the Bible or a true Christian worldview.

She sounds more like a Ba'hai, one who embraces all paths to the top of the mountain as true and valid; from a watered-down Christianity that is all embracing and welcoming of other religions with no foundation.
              I felt much the same way, the main reason I fear this seemingly noble group . . . I fear this Club is spreading the idea there is multiple paths to God, which is the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches.
              Laughing at the world
              Watching it bend
              Enjoying the show
              Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
              By God I will sit

In Him I will trust
              And only Him I will fear
              I know He'll be near

Comment

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                I'm all for Christian/Jewish denominations fellowshipping like that, but anything else is satan.

I really can't see any harmony aside from not talking about religion at all.
                joe,

on what basis do you call them satan? the fact that it is false religion?
                if hindu is false on the basis that it does not except Christ, or Muslim is false becouse they dont except Christ, then Judiasm is false to. They do not respect or except that Christ is the one and only Savior. The Jews to this day reject Christ.

If one is satan, surely the other is to. just my thoughts
                bennie

Comment

Originally posted by White Spider View Post
                  I felt much the same way, the main reason I fear this seemingly noble group . . . I fear this Club is spreading the idea there is multiple paths to God, which is the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches.
                  I know there are different opinions of who can fall away but yet I feel this is part of the whole falling away of the last days. No one has a problem talking "religion" and getting everyone to accept all religion and not attack it, is a way to water down the truth and escape persecution for faith. I feel this is becoming more and more widespread each day to the point that indeed soon to stand up for one's faith will seem to be an attack on another's "religion" and I believe will lead to more persecution for those who "don't blend into" the "you have to accept all religion" that is spreading across the land. Not to mention stepping on a person's freedom of religion.
                  To stand up for the truth will immediately make one an outcast as the acceptance thing comes more and more into being.
                  I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

What I would do is ask them those same hard questions. And there's a right answer and a wrong answer. If they gave the right answer, I would actually be okay with this.

Comment

Originally posted by bennie View Post
                      joe,

on what basis do you call them satan? the fact that it is false religion?
                      if hindu is false on the basis that it does not except Christ, or Muslim is false becouse they dont except Christ, then Judiasm is false to. They do not respect or except that Christ is the one and only Savior. The Jews to this day reject Christ.

If one is satan, surely the other is to. just my thoughts
                      bennie
                      Well the only other "religion" that worships the God that we do is Judaism. The LORD himself said that he will make them jealous by giving salvation to the Gentiles. There are only Jews and Gentiles in this world. I am a Gentile.

The LORD does not talk about Islam at all, so it's a false religion from satan. I'm not a student of Islamic studies but some quick research online showed me that "Allah" is a moon god.
                      sigpic

Comment

There are only Jews and Gentiles in this world.
                        "In this world" being the operative word.

1 Peter 2:11
                        Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.

I am not Gentile.

Comment

Well the only other "religion" that worships the God that we do is Judaism.
                          Not according to the Scriptures...

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.

I John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father

John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Mark 11:23 He that is not with me is against me

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                            Not according to the Scriptures...

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.

I John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father

John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Mark 11:23 He that is not with me is against me
                            Well then it makes it worse off for everyone. However, God hasn't forgotten about them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well then it makes it worse off for everyone. However, God hasn't forgotten about them.
                              God hasn't forgotten about any human being.

The Lord is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

"the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. " Galatians 3:22

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life" John 6:37

Comment

Working...
                              X