Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media companies merging

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Media companies merging

    Obviously, I have no scripture for this, but I do think that the path for a one world religion and government is quickly being paved.

    Markets are down considerably. Media companies are being consolidated. The US government is bailing out companies that would have people directly in debt to the government alone.

    What are your thoughts? Are we simply going through a rough time or are we closer than most realize to the end time?
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by Joe King View Post

    What are your thoughts? Are we simply going through a rough time or are we closer than most realize to the end time?
    I believe we are closer than most people think.

    Think of Revelation 6:6 A day's worth of food for a day's wages and plenty of oil and wine.

    Grain is the staple of the poor, oil and wine of the rich so there is lack surrounded by great wealth. Something in our times, would remind one of this.
    I have a Blog. Please visit!

    My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

    Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, one thing's for sure. YOU are closer than you realize. Are you ready? It's always sooner than we want, sooner than we're ready for, catches us by surprise.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
        Well, one thing's for sure. YOU are closer than you realize. Are you ready? It's always sooner than we want, sooner than we're ready for, catches us by surprise.
        Honestly, I thought that maybe we'd have 40-50 years at the LEAST, but it looks like it may be very well under 20 IMHO. I'm not scared but I am anxious because I am not ready. I know my salvation is secure in Christ, but I need to help others. It will be very hard if the persecution comes.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Yep. Lots of people need to hear the truth still.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Joe King View Post
            Obviously, I have no scripture for this, but I do think that the path for a one world religion and government is quickly being paved.

            Markets are down considerably. Media companies are being consolidated. The US government is bailing out companies that would have people directly in debt to the government alone.

            What are your thoughts? Are we simply going through a rough time or are we closer than most realize to the end time?
            You make an excellent point regarding media consolidation. Most folks think they have a plethora of channels or stations to choose from. However, in the television market all of those channels really report up to to 6-7 parent companies so viewers are really only getting the viewpoints of 6-7 board of directors/6-7 CEOs. In addition, you have this cross-breeding thing with corporations so you won't hear NBC do a critical piece on GE, or ABC do a critical piece on Disney or Fox do a critical piece on Rupert Murdoch's porn-laden empire.

            A similar thing is happening on the radio as more and more syndication occurs and companies like Clear Channel own more and more air time.

            Today's local newspapers do less and less original reporting and they buy more and more articles from the AP, Reuters, NY Times, LA Times etc.

            Bottom-line, when we are watching/listening/reading these outlets we need to be very weary for we are getting less and less unbiased news and more and more propaganda.

            Then there's this...
            "The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." - William Colby (Former CIA Director)
            "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." - Revelation 20:6

            Comment


            • #7
              I should have added the mortgage company consolidiation and liquidation as well. Now millions are in debt to the GOVERNMENT.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                Obviously, I have no scripture for this, but I do think that the path for a one world religion and government is quickly being paved.

                Markets are down considerably. Media companies are being consolidated. The US government is bailing out companies that would have people directly in debt to the government alone.

                What are your thoughts? Are we simply going through a rough time or are we closer than most realize to the end time?
                Well, obviously every day we're one day closer. What exactly are you looking for? A calendar date?
                ----------------------------------------------
                When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                  Well, obviously every day we're one day closer. What exactly are you looking for? A calendar date?
                  That would be nice
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                    I should have added the mortgage company consolidiation and liquidation as well. Now millions are in debt to the GOVERNMENT.
                    Puts a whole new angle on "eminent domain", huh?
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                      That would be nice
                      I agree there are certainly a number of things going on right now that could be considered very disturbing. We need to keep in mind that, as bad as it gets, on the other side is the greatest period of paradise, peace, and fulfillment our world has experienced since before Genesis 3. So right now, we just need to remain calm and stay faithful to our witness. We need to rescue as many as we can.
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                        I agree there are certainly a number of things going on right now that could be considered very disturbing. We need to keep in mind that, as bad as it gets, on the other side is the greatest period of paradise, peace, and fulfillment our world has experienced since before Genesis 3. So right now, we just need to remain calm and stay faithful to our witness. We need to rescue as many as we can.

                        Absolutely. The priority has always been and will always be salvation.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X