Facts on Our Changing World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Facts on Our Changing World

I know I have been somewhat quiet recently, but it's time for me to speak up again and throw out my two cents.

Where to start

I'll start by saying this: Whether or not the end is near, there is a change in the winds and we must be prepared for difficult times ahead.

Meteorological Phenomena

Earthquakes:
    As I have stated in previous threads, the average number of earthquakes greater than 6.0 have increased approximately 40% (+/- 5%) worldwide since 1989. Now the experts say, quakes of magnitude 5.5 and higher have not been effected by the increase in technology, so this is a physiological change in the earth itself and not a mere increase of information.

We have seen quakes such that caused the 2004 tsunami, the China quake . . . etc.

Originally posted by wombat View Post
    . . . there were actually 5 major earthquakes around the world yesterday. One was the Iran earthquake. There was also a 6.4 in the Mid-Atlantic Ridge north of Brazil, a 5.8 in Chile, a 6.9 in Japan, and a 6.6 in Indonesia. The quakes in Japan and Indonesia happened within minutes of each other.
    These earthquakes occurred 10 September '08

The Hayward fault in California has a Big One on an average of 140 years, this year, 2008, being 140 years since it's last Big One. (7.0+)

Earthquake activity has increased significantly in the Southern California region and Northwest coast region. The Northwest coast activity is significant to the Cascadia Fault mentioned below in the flood section.

Floods:
    From 1889-1985 (a 97 year period) there were 14 record breaking floods in the U.S. There were also 14 record breaking floods in the U.S. from 1986-2008. (Only a 22 year period.)

Worldwide there have been such floods as the 2004 Indian ocean Tsunami estimated to have killed over a quarter-million people in 11 countries making 2004 the deadliest quake year in over 450 years. The quake that triggered the tsunami is the second largest earthquake ever recorded on a seismograph.

Earlier this year the Myanmar Cyclone killed an unknown number, though estimated anywhere from 100,000 - 200,000. Not far off from the 2004 tsunami . . . making this decade one of the deadliest (for natural disasters) in centuries.

The Cascadia fault line off the Northwest Coast of the U.S. has caused at least 3 major tsunamis according to research. These tsunamis are considered to be equal in power to the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Remember this region has seen an increase in activity over the last year or so.

Another physiological change is the undeniable fact of global warming. Now it may be the mere natural fluctuation of the earth, but for now we, as a planet, are heating up.

Warmer waters improve hurricane strength and as a result we have seen such hurricanes as Katrina/Rita and Gustav/Ike devastating the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico regions. You may wonder why not more hurricanes if the water is so ripe, well the hurricane must first form. Once formed we see stronger, longer lasting hurricanes due to the waters warmth.

Other Notable Phenomena:
    The next solar polarity change is expected to be 30% stronger than the last one. Occurring about every 9-12 years causing sun spots and solar flares and causing magnetic disruptions the strength of this coming one, 2012-2013, is expected to be strong enough to magnetically wipe out satellites and for periods radio communications.

Read this post by Revolvr on a phenomena science can not explain!

Politics
    The following is a list of Unions or regions in the making, or in existence.

1. European Union
    2. African Union
    3. Union for the Mediterranean
    4. North American Union
    5. Union of South American Nations
    6. South Asian Union
    7. Central Asian Union
    8. Australia
    9. Russia

Sea Green colored Unions in the making.

The UM was launched in Paris on 13 July 2008.

The Union for South American Nations was found 23 May 2008.

For current and recent news on the Russia conflict and other news visit Roelof's thread: Last Days

There is also a large push towards acceptance and tolerance of other religions, as seen in my thread The Faith Club

Economics

The U.S. is in a very down played CRISIS!

Stocks plummeted today, with the Dow industrials falling 449 points in its second worst session of the year, it's worst session being Monday.

52-Week Range (Low - High): 10,609.66 - 14,198.10

Several major banks have filed bankruptcy, others have sold in hope of being saved, the government bailing out others.

The Russian Markets were in such a free fall the government closed trading today.

European shares tumbled for a third straight day today.

Tuesday Japan's stocks tumbled, though Wednesday they recovered a third of their Tuesday loss, still down more than 5% this week.

It's the world that is in CRISIS!!! Not just the U.S.

ID Chips

I think most of you reading this know of VeriCorp and their relation to RFID chips so I will simply give you the newest information.

The next links are posts by Roelof on some advancements in the area of RFID chips and similar technologies: The Mark of the Beast (part 1) and The Mark of the Beast (part 2)

Closing Notes

I did not speculate or use scripture, I wanted to simply present unbiased facts of the happenings in our world. I will leave you to decide what scripture is relevant to these facts on your own and allow you to speculate.

I could have also added a lot more information to this, but I felt like simply posting the highlights. You are more than welcome to post other events you feel important.

- White Spider
    Laughing at the world
    Watching it bend
    Enjoying the show
    Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
    as I walk through the mist
    By God I will sit
    And watch the world twist

In Him I will trust
    And only Him I will fear
    When the world turns to dust
    I know He'll be near

White Spider

You are doing exactly what the Bible tells us to do:

…… but how is it that ye do not discern this time [Last Days]? (Luk 12:56)

John Wesley's Notes:
    Luk 12:56 How do ye not discern this season - Of the Messiah's coming, distinguishable by so many surer signs.

Thanks for a very interesting thread. You brought all the latest info on the Last Days together!!!

You have proved that our Creator is preparing our Mother World for the biggest and most severe period in our history, namely the Final Tribulation.

What is very interesting for me is the dramatic changes since 1987 -1989, which I regard as the start of the Last Days, because of the explosion in knowledge.

“Daniel was then told to protect the message received so that it could be read in later times. The time of the end is aptly described as a day when knowledge shall be increased, namely our modern computer era.” (Daniel 12:4, KJV Bible Commentary)

1986/87 – aSabbatical Year. This Sabbatical year had 3 solar eclipses and 2 lunar eclipses.

I regard this as the year the End of the End Times (Last Days) started.

1989 - The beginning of the current 28 year cycle was 1989 AD, which were 71 of the 28 year cycles after Jesus Christ was born. The World Wide Web was createdby Sir Tim Berners-Lee in Switzerland. This led to an explosion of knowledge.

If people do not realize now that it will be only a few years before the Final Tribulation starts, they will never realize it. !!!

True Christians do not have to fear the Tribulation, our Lord will guide and protect us untill the Rapture !!!

We must pray and be ready

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

One World Government

The ten regions are not yet completed, they should be in +- 3 years.

Ten Regions:
      1 NAFTA (North American Union)
      2 EU
      3 APEC or Australasia
      4 Middle East / North Africa (Mediterranean Union or Revived Roman Empire)
      5 Western Asia / Eastern Europe
      6 Central Asia
      7 ASEAN
      8 Orient
      9 African Union
      10 South America

Comment

Originally posted by White Spider View Post
        Where to start I'll start by saying this: Whether or not the end is near, there is a change in the winds and we must be prepared for difficult times ahead.
        Meteorological Phenomena
        Minor nitpick: meteorological refers to weather only.
        Earthquakes:
        As I have stated in previous threads, the average number of earthquakes greater than 6.0 have increased approximately 40% (+/- 5%) worldwide since 1989. Now the experts say, quakes of magnitude 5.5 and higher have not been effected by the increase in technology, so this is a physiological change in the earth itself and not a mere increase of information.
        I would like to address your earthquake and other physical data.

According to the USGS
        Originally posted by the USGS
        Are Earthquakes Really on the Increase? We continue to be asked by many people throughout the world if earthquakes are on the increase. Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant. A partial explanation may lie in the fact that in the last twenty years, we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. In 1931, there were about 350 stations operating in the world; today, there are more than 8,000 stations and the data now comes in rapidly from these stations by electronic mail, internet and satellite. This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years. The NEIC now locates about 20,000 earthquakes each year or approximately 50 per day. Also, because of the improvements in communications and the increased interest in the environment and natural disasters, the public now learns about more earthquakes. According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 17 major earthquakes (7.0 - 7.9) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) in any given year.

Source http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learning/topics/increase_in_earthquakes.php
        I'd also add that the global reach of the media leads to an increase in reported earthquakes.

They also have some graphs here: http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eqlists/graphs.html
        You say magnitude 6.0 earthquakes have increased 40% since 1989. Looking at the actual number from the USGS, I don’t see how you are arriving at your conclusion. Just for fun I calculated an average of the years 1988-1997 and 1998-2007. The former averages 129 >mag 6 quakes and the latter 10 year period averages 139. So we get a increase of 8% (which I don’t think is statistically significant). So how did you get your numbers? If you look at 1989 versus 2007 you get a huge increase (79 in '89, 178 in '07). Looks promising, except that there were 183 in '95, 166 in '92. So basically we don't seem to have a legitimate trend.

You mention experts. Who are they? The USGS has experts and they don’t seem to agree with you. I see a whole lot of unsubstantiated speculation for someone providing the "facts".

We have seen quakes such that caused the 2004 tsunami, the China quake . . . etc.
        Originally posted by wombat
        there were actually 5 major earthquakes around the world yesterday. One was the Iran earthquake. There was also a 6.4 in the Mid-Atlantic Ridge north of Brazil, a 5.8 in Chile, a 6.9 in Japan, and a 6.6 in Indonesia. The quakes in Japan and Indonesia happened within minutes of each other

These earthquakes occurred 10 September '08
        So? Why is this important? The earth’s crust is very dynamic. All these occurred in active continental margins. You are going to need better information than this.
        The Hayward fault in California has a Big One on an average of 140 years, this year, 2008, being 140 years since it's last Big One. (7.0+)

So, if it’s periodic why does that make the one that is supposedly due any more significant than any previous one or any future one.
        Earthquake activity has increased significantly in the Southern California region and Northwest coast region. The Northwest coast activity is significant to the Cascadia Fault mentioned below in the flood section. .

Source? I live in BC and there certainly has been no obvious seismic activity increase around here.
        Floods:
        From 1889-1985 (a 97 year period) there were 14 record breaking floods in the U.S. There were also 14 record breaking floods in the U.S. from 1986-2008. (Only a 22 year period.)
        Worldwide there have been such floods as the 2004 Indian ocean Tsunami estimated to have killed over a quarter-million people in 11 countries making 2004 the deadliest quake year in over 450 years. The quake that triggered the tsunami is the second largest earthquake ever recorded on a seismograph.
        "Deadliest quake in over 450 years". Although a true statement it conveniently ignores other massive quakes with similarly high casualties (1976 Tangshan: 255,000, 1920 Haiyuan: 240,000). Same order of magnitude.
        Earlier this year the Myanmar Cyclone killed an unknown number, though estimated anywhere from 100,000 - 200,000. Not far off from the 2004 tsunami . . . making this decade one of the deadliest (for natural disasters) in centuries.

Again, how are you making this conclusion? Looking at this wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_natural_disasters_by_death_toll) the 1970’s looks a whole lot worse. A cyclone in 1970 in Bangladesh killed 500,000. 1975- another typhoon killed 210,000 in China, and the aforementioned Tangshan (1976) earthquake killed 255,000. Looks like a worse decade to me.
        The Cascadia fault line off the Northwest Coast of the U.S. has caused at least 3 major tsunamis according to research. These tsunamis are considered to be equal in power to the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Remember this region has seen an increase in activity over the last year or so.

It has? It’s always been active-it’s a major subduction zone. Again what’s your source – I’d actually like to read it.
        ..snip…
        Read this
        post by Revolvr on a phenomena science can not explain!
        Yet…

PS. sorry if I butchered some original formatting and quotes, I had to write this up elsewhere and now the quote tags are giving me problems.
        Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
        Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
          The ten regions are not yet completed, they should be in +- 3 years.

Ten Regions:
          1 NAFTA (North American Union)
          2 EU
          3 APEC or Australasia
          4 Middle East / North Africa (Mediterranean Union or Revived Roman Empire)
          5 Western Asia / Eastern Europe
          6 Central Asia
          7 ASEAN
          8 Orient
          9 African Union
          10 South America

That would possibly be the 10 kings who give their power to the beast...(antichrist)

We shall see..
          Last edited by David Taylor; Sep 18th 2008, 02:51 PM. Reason: removed date-setting speculations

Comment

Originally posted by aceinthehouse View Post
            That would possibly be the 10 kings who give their power to the beast...(antichrist)

We shall see..
            I wait and pray with you. I am sure you are 100% right.

Comment

teddyv

teddyv:

Sorry, I guess I misused meteorological.

This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years.

In 1898 nine seismograph stations were put into place that were capable of detecting, locating and measuring earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or larger (M ³7.0) anywhere in the globe.

By 1931 there were 350 stations operating worldwide that were locating and measuring M ³6.5 earthquakes globally.

By the 1950s the system of seismographs could locate all M ³6.0 events occurring globally.

So from 1950 onward it is impossible for earthquakes 6.0 or larger to increase from technology. They were able to be detected globally in 1950.

Therefore the increase is an increase in quakes, not in technology finding them.

The increase starts in 1990 approximately . . . you got such a low increase because you compared the increase with the increase . . . Compare these numbers, pre-1989 to 1990-2007 You'll find about a 40% increase (+/- 5%) depending on if you include all the way back to 1950 . . . let's just do these decades.

The average from 1970-1979 is 119.5 6.0+ quakes

The average from 1980-1989 is 108.6 6.0+ quakes

The average from 1990-1999 is 150.3 6.0+ quakes

The average from 2000-2007 is 158.6 6.0+ quakes

These give you about a 36% increase.

So, if it’s periodic why does that make the one that is supposedly due any more significant than any previous one or any future one.

It's not the single event, it's everything together, you are looking at each single event when you should be looking at ALL of the things going on.

And you probably wouldn't notice the quakes in BC, they are a hundred miles off shore on the Cascadia Fault. Look it up at USGS or Google the Cascadia Fault.

Again, how are you making this conclusion? Looking at this wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_death_toll) the 1970’s looks a whole lot worse. A cyclone in 1970 in Bangladesh killed 500,000. 1975- another typhoon killed 210,000 in China, and the aforementioned Tangshan (1976) earthquake killed 255,000. Looks like a worse decade to me.

Quoting myself here: making this decade one of the deadliest (for natural disasters) in centuries. - I did not say it was the deadliest.

And just Google the Cascadia Fault, you'll find plenty on it . . .

And above all things keep in mind the Big Picture, not a single event . . . put everything together.
              Laughing at the world
              Watching it bend
              Enjoying the show
              Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
              By God I will sit

In Him I will trust
              And only Him I will fear
              I know He'll be near

Comment

White Spider

Thanks for your explanations.

I stick to my comment that since 1987-1989, our Creator has increased the number of flood, quakes and disasters in order to prepare people and earth for the Final Tribulation. All the statistics support it in many threads and posts on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
                  White Spider

Thanks for your explanations.

I stick to my comment that since 1987-1989, our Creator has increased the number of flood, quakes and disasters in order to prepare people and earth for the Final Tribulation. All the statistics support it in many threads and posts on the forum.
                  I agree 150% with you . . .
                  Laughing at the world
                  Watching it bend
                  Enjoying the show
                  Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
                  By God I will sit

In Him I will trust
                  And only Him I will fear
                  I know He'll be near

Comment

Thank you for responding to some of my comments. There is still a real lack of source data in your response.
                    teddyv:

Sorry, I guess I misused meteorological.

This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years.

In 1898 nine seismograph stations were put into place that were capable of detecting, locating and measuring earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or larger (M ³7.0) anywhere in the globe.

By 1931 there were 350 stations operating worldwide that were locating and measuring M ³6.5 earthquakes globally.

By the 1950s the system of seismographs could locate all M ³6.0 events occurring globally.

So from 1950 onward it is impossible for earthquakes 6.0 or larger to increase from technology. They were able to be detected globally in 1950.

Therefore the increase is an increase in quakes, not in technology finding them.

The increase starts in 1990 approximately . . . you got such a low increase because you compared the increase with the increase . . . Compare these numbers, pre-1989 to 1990-2007 You'll find about a 40% increase (+/- 5%) depending on if you include all the way back to 1950 . . . let's just do these decades.

The average from 1970-1979 is 119.5 6.0+ quakes

The average from 1980-1989 is 108.6 6.0+ quakes

The average from 1990-1999 is 150.3 6.0+ quakes

The average from 2000-2007 is 158.6 6.0+ quakes

These give you about a 36% increase.
                    Again, where are you getting your data? I am asking honestly - I've been googling for raw data but haven't found comprehensive data yet, especially for pre-1980 years.

It's not the single event, it's everything together, you are looking at each single event when you should be looking at ALL of the things going on.

And you probably wouldn't notice the quakes in BC, they are a hundred miles off shore on the Cascadia Fault. Look it up at USGS or Google the Cascadia Fault.

Quoting myself here: making this decade one of the deadliest (for natural disasters) in centuries. - I did not say it was the deadliest.
                    Fair enough.

And just Google the Cascadia Fault, you'll find plenty on it . . .
                    I am well aware of it.

And above all things keep in mind the Big Picture, not a single event . . . put everything together.
                    I guess this is my biggest issue. The assembly of your data seems a case of throwing enough "stuff" at the wall and see what will stick. I believe we have been in the end times since Jesus said that he will return. He did say that there will be earthquakes and famines and upheavals etc., but not to worry about them as they will happen. I don't recall any mention of increasing numbers. I think when the great quakes of Revelation happen, there probably won't be much doubt as to what's going on.

My background is in geology and earth science so that's why I took an interest in these matters.
                    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
                      Thank you for responding to some of my comments. There is still a real lack of source data in your response.

My background is in geology and earth science so that's why I took an interest in these matters.
                      Visit this page on the USGS site http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/epic/epic_global.html and go to the bottom of the page.

Under "Optional Search Parameters" you can plug in what you want.

Plugging in what I plugged in you get to this Earthquake List.

I did this research a few months ago . . . Don't remember where I got the pre 1970 info . . . it is somewhat limited . . . but I don't use bad info, I'm very picky about things, if you want to do the research yourself, you can, I know you will only find the exact thing I did, there has been an increase from 1990-Present day . . . before that it was consistent. Again I'm talking about 6.0+ quakes, not little quakes.
                      Laughing at the world
                      Watching it bend
                      Enjoying the show
                      Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
                      By God I will sit

In Him I will trust
                      And only Him I will fear
                      I know He'll be near

Comment

Visit this page on the USGS site http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/epic/epic_global.html and go to the bottom of the page.

Under "Optional Search Parameters" you can plug in what you want.

Plugging in what I plugged in you get to this Earthquake List.

I did this research a few months ago . . . Don't remember where I got the pre 1970 info . . . it is somewhat limited . . . but I don't use bad info, I'm very picky about things, if you want to do the research yourself, you can, I know you will only find the exact thing I did, there has been an increase from 1990-Present day . . . before that it was consistent. Again I'm talking about 6.0+ quakes, not little quakes.
                        Thanks, I did find something called the ANSS. What they have are some interesting caveats regarding the data in the collection. I believe the USGS website you mentioned relies on this data.

From http://www.ncedc.org/anss/cnss-caveats.html

The ANSS catalog contains a number of idiosyncrasies. For example, magnitudes for California earthquakes were not routinely reported until the 1940s. For global events, magnitudes are not routinely reported until the early 1960s. This means, for example, that the largest earthquake observed - the 1960 Chilean earthquake (Mw 9.5) - appears in this catalog without an associated magnitude.
                        and further...
                        As a further illustration, consider these histograms (see below) of the number of events in the ANSS catalog at various magnitude levels. These plots were generated for every 5 years between 1940 and 1995. One can see the relatively low numbers of events in 1940-1960, and the sudden increase in 1965. This represents the increase in USGS earthquake monitoring efforts as well as the routine reporting of magnitude from the NEIC. Another burst can be seen in 1975 as many of the NEHRP-funded networks began to come online. Beginning in the 1980s, events at the higher magnitude levels begin to show some stability. For example, here are year-by-year histograms for the 1980s and 1990s, showing the variations in numbers of events of magnitude 4 and higher. While the number of magnitude 4.0-4.9 events gradually evolves, the number of magnitude 5 and higher events has remained relatively stable on the year to year basis. The NEIC has a nice fact sheet on earthquake statistics
                        (My bolding and insertion of the "see below" comment) - here's the graph.

There are some other links in there - it may be worth a read through.

Based on this, if you trust the Geological Surveys, the data you are using is definitely skewed and results in your noted increase.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
                          Thanks, I did find something called the ANSS. What they have are some interesting caveats regarding the data in the collection. I believe the USGS website you mentioned relies on this data.
                          teddy

I am an electrical engineer and not a geologist. I also read many articles on the web that disasters increased since 1987-89, which I regard as the start of the End of the End Times [Last Days].

Here is a recent one:

Last Days - US declared disasters
                          http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=604

According to FEMA, in the 37 years between 1953 and 1989, there was an average of 23 major disasters declarations in the US per year. In the 18 years that followed, that average more than doubled to 49.

I regard the Sabbatical year 1986/7 as the as the year the End of the End Times (Last Days) started.

1989 - The beginning of the current 28 year cycle was 1989 AD, which were 71 of the 28 year cycles after Jesus Christ was born. The World Wide Web was created by Sir Tim Berners-Lee in Switzerland. This led to an explosion of knowledge.

“Daniel was then told to protect the message received so that it could be read in later times. The time of the end is aptly described as a day when knowledge shall be increased, namely our modern computer era.” (Daniel 12:4, KJV Bible Commentary)

(Sorry White Spider, I had to post this one on 1989)

Source:
                          The Trumpet, Sep 2008

Comment

teddyv

The graphs don't show much . . .

Remember:

Those are the years those magnitudes were globally locatable. Meaning no increase in technology warps or distorts the data on these size quakes.

Your graphs if anything prove there is an increase . . .

Remember 1898 all 7.0s are locatable . . . look at your graphs again . . . you'll see there has been an increase.

By 1950 all 6.0s could be located . . . again you'll see an increase from 1950 - 1995 . . .

Though I must say the small size of your graphs and warped number scale on them doesn't do the increase justice at all.

The first quarter inch is 10 quakes, the next quarter inch is 90, the next 900, the next 9000 . . . so near the top end what looks like 1 quake in the first quarter inch is 1000 in the top quarter inch . . .

But if you look closely there is an obvious increase . . .
                            Laughing at the world
                            Watching it bend
                            Enjoying the show
                            Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
                            By God I will sit

In Him I will trust
                            And only Him I will fear
                            I know He'll be near

Comment

The graphs don't show much . . .

Remember:

Those are the years those magnitudes were globally locatable. Meaning no increase in technology warps or distorts the data on these size quakes.

Your graphs if anything prove there is an increase . . .

Remember 1898 all 7.0s are locatable . . . look at your graphs again . . . you'll see there has been an increase.

By 1950 all 6.0s could be located . . . again you'll see an increase from 1950 - 1995 . . .

Though I must say the small size of your graphs and warped number scale on them doesn't do the increase justice at all.

The first quarter inch is 10 quakes, the next quarter inch is 90, the next 900, the next 9000 . . . so near the top end what looks like 1 quake in the first quarter inch is 1000 in the top quarter inch . . .

But if you look closely there is an obvious increase . . .
                              Sorry White Spider, but I'm not buying what you are selling.

How much clearer can it be:
                              One can see the relatively low numbers of events in 1940-1960, and the sudden increase in 1965. This represents the increase in USGS earthquake monitoring efforts as well as the routine reporting of magnitude from the NEIC. Another burst can be seen in 1975 as many of the NEHRP-funded networks began to come online
                              They say the increase is due to increased monitoring efforts. Your quote about all mag 7's being recordable in 1898 and 6's by 1950 I am actually suspicious of. Due to the nature of the earth's structure I think it is possible there may have been significant blind spots for earthquake waves to make it to the recording seismographs. But as more an more seismographs are placed around the world the amount of blind spots decreases, resulting in a apparent increase in reported earthquakes. This is just an educated guess and I'd have to look into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X