Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory on the second beast of Revelation 13.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory on the second beast of Revelation 13.

This is just a theory I have had on the second beast in Rev. 13. I'm not saying this is what it will be. Just a theory I had so I am posting to get some feedback. The theory is that the second beast is the media.

Rev 13:15
    And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
    This is speaking about the second beast. It says the second beast gives life unto the image of the beast and causes the image to speak. Well, isn't that what a television does - takes an image or picture and gives life to it so that the image speaks. Also, we might not think of a television as a miracle today. However if you were living in the first century and saw a vision of a television, you would probably call it a miracle.

Rev 13:16
    And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    By propaganda and promoting the first beast, the second beast causes those who do not accept Christ as saviour to worship him and recieve his mark.

Rev 13: 16
    And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    Buy or sell what? Could it be airtime? Could it be that the media around the world gets so corrupt that it does not allow anybody but those who are sold out to the enemy to buy or sell airtime. (We could be pretty close to that time already.)

Well, the 2nd beast will be allowed to call down fire from heaven, so it will most likely be a person.

Revelation 13:13
    And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
      Well, the 2nd beast will be allowed to call down fire from heaven, so it will most likely be a person.

Revelation 13:13
      And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.
      I've seen pictures on TV of when the atomic bomb was dropped. Kind of looked like fire coming down from heaven.

Comment

The second beast is the rising empire of the Antichrist. As you can see it's a conglomeration of remaining nations, feet of a bear, etc. When you look back at Daniel 7 you will see those same beasts and how they were "spared".
        James 3:3
        Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Acerohombre View Post
          The second beast is the rising empire of the Antichrist. As you can see it's a conglomeration of remaining nations, feet of a bear, etc. When you look back at Daniel 7 you will see those same beasts and how they were "spared".
          Isn't it the first beast that has feet of a bear?

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
            Isn't it the first beast that has feet of a bear?
            I was just using selective memory.

In Daniel 7, there are four beast that rise up in the night dream. The first is that of an Lion, second a Bear, third a Leopard. When you continue to read here you see that the beast are explained to be Kingdoms. When you read further their dominion is taken away but they are spared to live on.

Now,in Rev 13 you see another beast rising up with similar features of those three kingdoms. It has been thought (amongst other things, read and form your own conclusion) that the three beasts are anything from England, to Russia, to Greece and others.

In any case we know that there aren't "kingdoms" here today but remnants of Iraq, for example, is a remnant of the Babylonian Empire. These "body parts" that make up the beast in Rev 13 are most likely remnants of those Kingdoms mentioned in Daniel 7.
            James 3:3
            Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Comment

This is just a theory I have had on the second beast in Rev. 13. I'm not saying this is what it will be. Just a theory I had so I am posting to get some feedback. The theory is that the second beast is the media.

Rev 13:15

This is speaking about the second beast. It says the second beast gives life unto the image of the beast and causes the image to speak. Well, isn't that what a television does - takes an image or picture and gives life to it so that the image speaks. Also, we might not think of a television as a miracle today. However if you were living in the first century and saw a vision of a television, you would probably call it a miracle.

Rev 13:16

By propaganda and promoting the first beast, the second beast causes those who do not accept Christ as saviour to worship him and recieve his mark.

Rev 13: 16

Buy or sell what? Could it be airtime? Could it be that the media around the world gets so corrupt that it does not allow anybody but those who are sold out to the enemy to buy or sell airtime. (We could be pretty close to that time already.)
              I call the media the beast myself though not in refence to those scriptures. Its a beast because those of us in the first world are dependant upon it. I check it for the local weather so I know how to dress for the day...plus local and world news of course...hard to tune that all out. Alot of its gossip...they also really sway the public's opinion on different subjects and people. For instance when the media was talking good about Bush his ratings in the polls went way up....when they started trashing him his ratings went way down. I have see people, including my own family members believe things said about certain people in the news and change their views of that person soley based on the media! whether the facts checked out or not! I have seen the media ruin people...or raise them up. Its become very dangerous because people are believing what they say and I don't get that! So much of its nothing more then commentaries...just people's opinions...nothing more and the public believes it!

In this its a mind controlling beast!

The saving grace here is that most of the world doesn't have TV! Or their news is so controlled they only know what they are allowed to know as the case with China and others. Many third world countries have no clue about anything outside of where they live because they have no electricy for radio's or TV's...that is where the beast from Revelation falls apart in it being the media...but its still a dangerous thing...

Another good thing is (well I think kind of short lived) were blogs busting the media for not giving all the facts or getting things out there before they did. Now its kind of gone from blogs to youtube. They bust the media and other alot...helps keep things a little bit in check anyway.

But good thinking on this...if it wasn't the fact most of the world doesn't have TV's I might agree with you....

As far as fire coming from the sky, we have to remember Revelation is symbolic ....I don't think anyone in the first world would be impressed with someone making fire come out of the sky anymore...this is an allusion to scriptures in the OT. I mean seriously...what American or Englishman..or any of that know technology would believe plain fire came out of the sky? We would think it was a bomb, or some trick...an illusion like a man pulling a rabbit out of his hat. David Copperfield did some amazing tricks on TV and in front of people in making whole building disappear! Yet inspite of what we saw with our eyes...we all knew it was still there....somehow...that was the illusion of it all...

The only ones that would think a man really made fire come from the sky would be those living in the third world countries that haven't experienced the things we have..

Stick a TV in the jungle and those tribes would freak out too!

God bless
              "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I've seen pictures on TV of when the atomic bomb was dropped. Kind of looked like fire coming down from heaven.
                I really don't think an atomic bomb blast is miraculous.
                sigpic

Comment

Revelation 19 says the "False Prophet" is thrown in the Lake of Fire with the first beast/Antichrist. How could a corporeal entity like the media be thrown in the Lake of Fire? It must be an individual person.
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                    Revelation 19 says the "False Prophet" is thrown in the Lake of Fire with the first beast/Antichrist. How could a corporeal entity like the media be thrown in the Lake of Fire? It must be an individual person.
                    Is "Hell" an "individual person"? Furthermore is "death" an individual person? Revelation 20 says death and hell are cast into the lake of fire as well.

Comment

Is "Hell" an "individual person"? Furthermore is "death" an individual person? Revelation 20 says death and hell are cast into the lake of fire as well.
                      That's talking about those who are presently waiting in hell for their final judgment at the Great White Throne. Besides, I don't see the "media" on that list.
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                        That's talking about those who are presently waiting in hell for their final judgment at the Great White Throne. Besides, I don't see the "media" on that list.
                        That's not true. Death and hell will have already given up the dead in them before they are cast into the lake of fire. Those who were delivered up from death and hell for judgment are cast into the lake of fire after death and hell.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
                        14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
                        15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Death and hell themselves are symbolically cast into the lake of fire because there will be no more death and no more hell from that point on. And we see "whosoever was not found written in the book of life" being cast into the lake of fire after death and hell.

Comment

Well if you think about it...what does a false prophet do? They spread false 'teachings'...a teaching isn't a person either...its a mind frame...a way of viewing things. How can you cast that into hell? Its like this...Hitler started a way of thinking...a mind frame that is still followed even today by some people...even though Hitler himself may be sitting in hell the mind frame is still around! So what good does it do to cast the person into hell as long as the false teaching is still around? Casting satan into hell doesn't stop sin either as some suppose. We are perfectly capable of sinning all by ourselves...satan cannot make us sin...never could...can only temp. So if all temptation is gone would we still sin? Probably..knowing humanity. So how does casting satan, the false prophet, etc, into the lake of fire change anything if the mind frame, the teaching and the corruption is still there? That of course is when the real miracle happens...when the old is done away with ...when sin and death are all done away with and everything made anew. The media is a mind frame. If all the news and programs with bad intents were stopped...cast into hell so to speak...would all this other junk stop?

I think it would be greatly slowed down yes...just as sin would greatly slow down with the casting of satan into the LOF..but not totally stop as I said before...we can sin without him. Likewise the influence the media has had on us will stay with us for a long, long time even if the media was done away with.

God bless
                          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

How about the computer....WWW(world wide web)

I have been typing a bunch of names in this calculater site on 666 and the only name that calculated to 666 was Hitler....

Well,I just typed in computer and Television and guess which one came up 666? http://www.cjseymour.plus.com/numcalc.htm (try it yourself)

Interesting none-the-less cause a computer speaks as well and has an image and isn't the name of the MAIN computer called the Beast?Not sure there?Just what I have heard...

Plus doesn't it say that the 2 witnesses will be killed by the antichrist and the whole world will see it...?Well,I don't know if the TV would show a murder like that,but I bet a U-Tube would or something like that..(Just a thought)

So could the Computer be the 2nd beast...?I don't know

But a fire coming down from heaven could be a computer controlled "red" button to be used to start a war, or fire a Nuclear bomb(all controlled by computers now)

Names/words that match with 666(besides what the site gives as example)
                            ---------------------------------(that I have tried)
                            #1)Computer
                            (I'll add more if I find some)here

Here's what I found about the Computer named the "BEAST" located in Brussels,Belgium

http://geocities.com/beastcomputerrr/

Comment

Rev 6:8

Re 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

If we use the above scripture we see Death and Hell are individuals. Death is the fourth rider and as I have been saying equates to the fourth beast whereby the little horn arises. The little horn is Hell as he comes up from the bottomless pit.

Rev 20:13

Let's take a closer look. The thing which should jump out is that how can "death" deliver up the dead? He must be an individual. Also do we really we have the wicked dead resurrected from two different places? The sea and a place called "death and hell"?

Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

I believe the way it should read is that the place called the "sea" being translated as the bottomless pit contains the dead and the wicked are resurrected from this place. Death and Hell though are two entities are one in the same and they deliver up the dead. They deliver up the kingdom of the Devil.

Rev 20:15

We see a distiction made between the event of "death and hell" being cast in the fire AND then the event of all those not found written in the book. This would also support that death and hell are individuals seperate from those found in hell itself which are those not written in the book.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X