Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animals Attacking Humans during Tribulation?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Animals Attacking Humans during Tribulation?

    I was watching "Revealing Bible Prophecy" with Grant Jeffrey. I don't remember what scripture he used to bring this up, but he believes that during the tribulation the animal kingdom will attack mankind and basically the covenant between animals and humans removed.

    That is the first time I heard of this. There were other IMHO "oddities" that I heard in his teaching that I don't agree with but this one really stuck out for me.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by Joe King View Post
    I was watching "Revealing Bible Prophecy" with Grant Jeffrey. I don't remember what scripture he used to bring this up, but he believes that during the tribulation the animal kingdom will attack mankind and basically the covenant between animals and humans removed.

    That is the first time I heard of this. There were other IMHO "oddities" that I heard in his teaching that I don't agree with but this one really stuck out for me.
    I have thought for a long time that Grant Jeffrey goes off the deep end every now and then. His book, "Armageddon: Appointment with Destiny" was a comedy of false prophecy.
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

    Comment


    • #3
      No, our pets are gonna cooperate all right. Cause we'll be short on food--if they don't obey, we'll be having Spot and Rufus hamburgers for dinner tonight.

      Comment


      • #4

        I have read many times about the (4) that will also come against us.I don't recall the verse at this time. But I do believe our animals will turn against us again and alot of it is already happening.Even though they were included in the curse at the time of Adam and Eve and men have tryed to train them and those will come to.
        Just my thought,
        in Christ,Darlene
        " May The Peace of God Be With Us"
        Jer:29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you....
        <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
        Knowledge Will Be Increased
        In Christ Jesus, Darlene
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by IPet2_9 View Post
          No, our pets are gonna cooperate all right. Cause we'll be short on food--if they don't obey, we'll be having Spot and Rufus hamburgers for dinner tonight.
          They may put up more of a fight this time though
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Joe King View Post
            They may put up more of a fight this time though
            Nah, just whip out the chloroform.
            ----------------------------------------------
            When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Joe King View Post
              I was watching "Revealing Bible Prophecy" with Grant Jeffrey. I don't remember what scripture he used to bring this up, but he believes that during the tribulation the animal kingdom will attack mankind and basically the covenant between animals and humans removed.

              That is the first time I heard of this. There were other IMHO "oddities" that I heard in his teaching that I don't agree with but this one really stuck out for me.
              It sounds like Grant Jeffrey must not believe God's word or that God might somehow take back a promise.

              Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

              For Grant to be correct, God should have added something like "...oh, only until the last days and then I'll change my mind".
              Raybob

              Comment


              • #8
                For Grant to be correct, God should have added something like "...oh, only until the last days and then I'll change my mind".
                That would not be the most outlandish thing I ever heard, though. We already have 7 dispensations. That's got the covenants changing all over the place.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi, everyone! Perhaps the verse Grant Jeffrey is referring to (I don't know for sure, since I didn't see the program mentioned in the original post) is Revelation 6:8. "And I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green like a corpse. And Death was the name of its rider, who was followed around by the Grave. They were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                    I was watching "Revealing Bible Prophecy" with Grant Jeffrey. I don't remember what scripture he used to bring this up, but he believes that during the tribulation the animal kingdom will attack mankind and basically the covenant between animals and humans removed.

                    That is the first time I heard of this. There were other IMHO "oddities" that I heard in his teaching that I don't agree with but this one really stuck out for me.
                    Thanks,
                    Just another reminder why I want to avoid endtime sensationalists like Grant Jeffrey. It amazes me the bologna people try to peddle these days in order to sell a novel or book and make a buck at the expense of the Bible. I guess it's the modern-version of the money-changer tents inside the temple.

                    "Buy my new book, and I'll reveal new prophetic mysteries about the end time to you that God has sealed up until just today by my hand..."

                    No thanks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wombat View Post
                      Hi, everyone! Perhaps the verse Grant Jeffrey is referring to (I don't know for sure, since I didn't see the program mentioned in the original post) is Revelation 6:8. "And I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green like a corpse. And Death was the name of its rider, who was followed around by the Grave. They were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals."
                      That's the one!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wombat View Post
                        Hi, everyone! Perhaps the verse Grant Jeffrey is referring to (I don't know for sure, since I didn't see the program mentioned in the original post) is Revelation 6:8. "And I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green like a corpse. And Death was the name of its rider, who was followed around by the Grave. They were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals."
                        I thought of that verse today when I read this article linked below. People in a small town are seeing cougars stalking around at night, when theoretically there shouldn't be any.

                        http://sg.news.yahoo.com/ap/20080919...s-1be00ca.html

                        I have heard people use this verse to say animals will rise up and start attacking humans in the last days. Not sure I buy it. But then again, in Romans 8:19-22 Paul writes that all of creation is suffering in this fallen world with us, eagerly waiting to be freed from the bondage of decay.
                        In Christ,

                        -- Rev

                        “To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Revolvr View Post
                          I thought of that verse today when I read this article linked below. People in a small town are seeing cougars stalking around at night, when theoretically there shouldn't be any.

                          http://sg.news.yahoo.com/ap/20080919...s-1be00ca.html

                          I have heard people use this verse to say animals will rise up and start attacking humans in the last days. Not sure I buy it. But then again, in Romans 8:19-22 Paul writes that all of creation is suffering in this fallen world with us, eagerly waiting to be freed from the bondage of decay.

                          I can see why they would be more than angry with us
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                            I was watching "Revealing Bible Prophecy" with Grant Jeffrey. I don't remember what scripture he used to bring this up, but he believes that during the tribulation the animal kingdom will attack mankind and basically the covenant between animals and humans removed.

                            That is the first time I heard of this. There were other IMHO "oddities" that I heard in his teaching that I don't agree with but this one really stuck out for me.
                            One thing to keep in mind...during the Trib period, there is going to be severe drought and famine. With VERY limited food/water just for humans, the animals will naturally seek people to attack and eat.

                            In Revelation, 9:5, 6, we read, "And their torment was as the torment of a scorpion when he striketh a man; and in those days shall men seek death and shall not find it: and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

                            I'll keep my eyes open about the Bible speaking of animals attacking humans.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Chondram View Post
                              One thing to keep in mind...during the Trib period, there is going to be severe drought and famine. With VERY limited food/water just for humans, the animals will naturally seek people to attack and eat.

                              In Revelation, 9:5, 6, we read, "And their torment was as the torment of a scorpion when he striketh a man; and in those days shall men seek death and shall not find it: and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

                              I'll keep my eyes open about the Bible speaking of animals attacking humans.
                              I can agree that, based on the Scriptures offered in this thread, there will be an increase in animal attacks on humans during the Tribulation (if not even before). However, this idea of a "covenant" between animals and humans is a non-Biblical fantasy. There's no such thing. The closest thing to one would be the Noahaic Covenant, just after the Genesis Flood, when God revealed the rainbow. But never does the Lord say anything about there being a "covenant" between animals and humans.
                              ----------------------------------------------
                              When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X