Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekingWisdom View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying that.

The point is that it is very, very close to being possible to have a chip implanted that can be used to track what you buy and sell. If that doesn't ring an alarm in your head then I don't know what will.
    From a purely privacy point of view, yes it does.
    Therefore, using logic, a leader with bad intentions can make it so that if you do not have this chip, you cannot partake in any transactions.
    Again, from a purely privacy point of view, yes it does cause concern. At a spiritual level, not one bit, until they start attaching spiritual elements to the process of acquiring this "chip".
    Is the chip itself evil? No, not evil, maybe controlling, invasive, and unnecessary.

Will what you have to do/say/claim in order to get the chip be evil? That is something we will have to wait and see. However I'm praying that it will be delayed until I am no longer on this earth.
    I can go along with that.
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

With the way people get tattoos all over their boddy...?

It seems in this society,that tattoos have been looked at as an "in thing" trend,cool or whatever....

So implementing a tattoo or even a microchip,will not be difficult to do...

Last night I saw a commercial on the "Nation Identification cards" being implemeted on June 9th of 09'...

I don't know what Gods plan is for the children,but this "accepting the Mark of the Beast" will be a choice,no matter how you look at it my friends!

Those who refuse to have this mark will have a hard time in the world society,but will see Jesus Christ in the Clouds when he has us "caught up" after the dead....

Those who have the "mark of the beast" will go along society as they do now...basic daily life with some world transformations that will seem minor to the unbelievers...

If you carry that "Mark" on your Right Hand or Forehead,then you are doomed my friend!

I recommend you ALL to stay strong....cause your faith to Jesus Christ is about to be tested very....very soon!

If you for him to help you...He will listen!

Comment

Originally posted by bennie View Post
        Revelation 13:16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

It also says if you refuse to worship the beast you will be killed...so why is everyone worrying about having a mark forced on them? Seems like they would be more worried about the being killed part of this...
        Literalist-Luke:The idea of the Mark being an electronic ID chip or whatever is a completely Biblically UNsupported idea.
        I agree...especially since the bible says the mark will be ON, not in...

God bless
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
          It also says if you refuse to worship the beast you will be killed...so why is everyone worrying about having a mark forced on them? Seems like they would be more worried about the being killed part of this...
          Thank you - I'm glad somebody's reading their actual Bible instead of the latest sensationalist book in the "End Times" section at the local bookstore.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
            1 Corinthians 15:55
            "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

I am not worried as I know where I am going when my time here on earth is done.
            “ Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,” ~ 1 Peter 1:3

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin54 View Post
              1 Corinthians 15:55
              "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

I am not worried as I know where I am going when my time here on earth is done.
              That's a nice platitude, but do you really want somebody sawing off your head because you won't take a tatoo with "666" in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                That's a nice platitude, but do you really want somebody sawing off your head because you won't take a tatoo with "666" in it?
                Not receiving the mark is not a big deal to me. It is what I will have to
                endure as a christian that frightens me. I am a pretty strong person,
                and have an extremely high tolerance for pain. BUT be tortured or
                put to death the ways that I could think of because of the antichrist
                could be intolerable. And we must tolerate this to be with our lord
                savior Jesus christ.

Comment

It is not a platitude. I will not bow to the beast. Death has no victory.

John 12:25 (New International Version)

25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

I do not love my life so much that I will accept the mark of the beast just so I can buy and sell. I do not live for this life on earth but for everlasting life with Jesus.
                  “ Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,” ~ 1 Peter 1:3

Comment

Yes, it will. But consider this: the purpose of taking the mark will be to buy & sell. So whoever has custody of a child would be the one faced with taking the Mark, not the child. There has to be something about the process of getting the Mark that constitutes absolute blasphemy. The Bible doesn't tell us what it is so we're reduced to useless speculation to try to figure it out. (Personally, I don't even try, I'm just waiting to see for myself.) But just getting some "mark" on your forehead or right hand doesn't send you to hell. If that was the case, then millions of tatoo bearers would be irrevocably on their way to hell right now. It's something about what you do to get that Mark that condemns you. So even if children are given the Mark without their consent, I seriously doubt it would automatically condemn them. Hope this helps.
                    I want to take this premise, and expound on it, because Luke 11 is absolutely correct in his assertation. A Mark all by itself is meaningless, just like circumcision. Circumcision, like any mark, is just that, a ritual with no bearing on salvation at all. So, there has to be something that comes with the Mark that would be so heinous that God Himself would offer no forgiveness for those who take it. Let's take a look at Revelation 20:4.

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I look at this verse and realize something. The Mark of the Beast is tied directly into the worship of the Beast. Take a look at Revelation 13 for support of this thought.

Rev 13:4
                    And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Rev 13:11-12
                    And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Rev 13:16-17
                    And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

According to Revelation, the beast causes mankind to worship Satan, and him, which is a direct violation of the first commandment. The Beast will call himself God, and all who follow after him will obviously follow him, including the false prophet. It is the false prophet, while exercising the powers of the first beast, who will tie the worship of the beast into the monetary system. When the Mark is iplemented, it will not be merely a credit card or a verichip, but a tool of worship, likened to an altar or one of the "high places" in the OT. It is nothing short of global rebellion against God, one that Gods will not forgive.

With this in mind, not only is bowing to the beast an unforgiveable sin, but taking his mark will be as well, mainly because the earth will be in total rebellion against God, and those who participate will commit unforgivable sins, including the merciless slaughter of believers, knowing who they serve. It will not be as the Pharisees, who thought they were doing God a favor, but these will know for certain that they are actively rebelling against the one and true God, which the mark will symbolize.

Therefore, if one takes the mark, they are taking an alligence against God, and therefore are subject to His wrath when He sends His Son to quell the rebellion.

Comment

Originally posted by paradiseinn View Post
                      luke, i'm worried that the children will have no choice but to recieve the mark of the beast.the bible does'nt say anything about the children during that time.won't the mark be given out before the rapture?
                      Now to this very, VERY VALID question. Like you, paradiseinn, I am afraid thatthe children may be sucked into this mess as well. And in my opinion, there is a good possibility that at least some of the children will receive the damnable Mark. Because I do not have the time right now to fully answer your question, I will only make these statements, and when I return home from work this evening, I will fully explain myself here.

It is my opinion that those who receive the Mark under the age of 13 will not be judged, mainly because I still believe that God has a cetain age of accountability, an age where a child is no longer a child, but responsible as an adult in God's eyes for their own actions. It is also my opinion that when the Lord returns, He will not wipe mankind off of the earth, but those who He has chosen to spare will live on, even if it is brief. (Matthew 25:31-46, Daniel 7:11-12, Zechariah 14:6-21). Therefore, the children under 13 may not be affected by the Wrath of God, but rather will be spared, since God himself will be on earth, reprsented by Lord Jesus.

Ok, I will explain all of this later, but for now, read the verses that I left, and maybe that will help you, even if it is just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by V34 View Post
                        Not receiving the mark is not a big deal to me. It is what I will have to
                        endure as a christian that frightens me. I am a pretty strong person,
                        and have an extremely high tolerance for pain. BUT be tortured or
                        put to death the ways that I could think of because of the antichrist
                        could be intolerable. And we must tolerate this to be with our lord
                        savior Jesus christ.
                        Originally posted by Paladin54 View Post
                        It is not a platitude. I will not bow to the beast. Death has no victory.

John 12:25 (New International Version)

25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

I do not love my life so much that I will accept the mark of the beast just so I can buy and sell. I do not live for this life on earth but for everlasting life with Jesus.
                        Understood.

Comment

First of all, there is nothing in the Bible that says he will introduce even so much as a transistor radio, secondly, where do you get off saying "3 years"? Going around telling everybody a certain length of time is a dangerous thing to do. .
                          Luke

I do not think that we could expected from the Biblical writers more than 2000 years ago, to have the understanding and vision of an electronic implant, if the transistor is only +- 50 years old.

If you followed my "Last Days" threads and posts, you would have picked up the following:

Most Biblical signs on the Last Days have been fulfilled
                          The Ten Regions are more than 70% completed
                          The New World Order is planned to be completed by 2012
                          The technology already exists for an electronic biochip that will be your ID, wallet, medical record and many more. Biometrics can also be used.
                          The One World Religion, including New Age, is gaining momentum
                          The Revived Roman Empire, the Union of the Mediterranean (UM) was created on 13 July 2008

Luke, I know you are very sceptical, but I recommend that you do NOT accept a biochip

You may read my posts:
                          http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=647
                          http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=649
                          http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=651
                          http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=652

Last Days - God planned eschatology and heavenly signs
                          http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=133998

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
                            If you followed my "Last Days" threads and posts, you would have picked up the following:

Most Biblical signs on the Last Days have been fulfilled
                            The Ten Regions are more than 70% completed
                            I don't agree with that, I think you're looking in the wrong place.
                            The New World Order is planned to be completed by 2012
                            The Bible's indications are that Islam is the way to the Antichrist, not some humanist secular European leader of the "New World Order".
                            The technology already exists for an electronic biochip that will be your ID, wallet, medical record and many more. Biometrics can also be used.
                            That doesn't automatically make it connected with the antichrist.
                            The One World Religion, including New Age, is gaining momemtum
                            The Antichrist's religion will be Islam. New Age and the others are only tools to discredit Christianity.
                            The Revived Roman Empire, the Union of the Meditterranean (UM) was created on 13 July 2008
                            There is no "Revived Roman Empire" in Biblical prophecy.
                            Luke, I know you are very sceptical, but I recommend that you do NOT accept a biochip
                            I'll decide at the time, based on the procedural requirements for getting one.

Comment

Does anybody care to do a 'word study' on the word 'mark'.. as its to referred to in these verses.. maybe there you will find the answer instead of trying to follow this man's assumption and that man's assumption of what it is.. or trying to follow what man has written and published in the local bookstore..
                              Do a word study in the Greek on that word... 'MARK'... u'll be amazed at what you find.. the TRUTH is found in His Word.. under the direction of the Holy Ghost..
                              Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
                              Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

Originally posted by theBelovedDisciple View Post
                                Does anybody care to do a 'word study' on the word 'mark'.. as its to referred to in these verses.. maybe there you will find the answer instead of trying to follow this man's assumption and that man's assumption of what it is.. or trying to follow what man has written and published in the local bookstore..
                                Do a word study in the Greek on that word... 'MARK'... u'll be amazed at what you find.. the TRUTH is found in His Word.. under the direction of the Holy Ghost..
                                χάραγμα - charagma (khä'-räg-mä)

1) a stamp, an imprinted mark
                                a) of the mark stamped on the forehead or the right hand as the badge of the followers of the Antichrist
                                b) the mark branded upon horses

2) thing carved, sculpture, graven work
                                a) of idolatrous images

Nothin' there about electronic gizmos.......

Comment

Working...
                                X