The Anti-Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion The Anti-Christ

I don't really know much about the Anti-Christ except that he will come and claim to be Jesus and people will believe him. But people have already claimed and people have believed them too. Would it be possible for someone who knows he is the anti-christ to kill him?

The only possible outcome is what is written
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

moving to the end-times forum - thanks guys...
      The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

Comment

I wasn't aware that the anti-Christ would claim to be Jesus. If so, there have been many who made that claim. What was the name of the leader of the B'Hai faith? Didn't he claim to be Christ?

Comment

There is no indication in the Bible that the Antichrist will claim to be Jesus or even the "Messiah". He will certainly claim to be "god", however.
          ----------------------------------------------
          When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

All Biblical references of the "anti-Christ" seem to point to the idea that e will confess himself not to be Lord Jesus, but God the Father himself, and telling the world that his Lord Jesus will be there with him, who would end up being the False Prophet.

Comment

Originally posted by third hero View Post
              All Biblical references of the "anti-Christ" seem to point to the idea that e will confess himself not to be Lord Jesus, but God the Father himself, and telling the world that his Lord Jesus will be there with him, who would end up being the False Prophet.
              Um, try "Allah" instead of "Yahweh", God the Father. And you're right, his "Jesus" will be Islam's "Isa", Revelation's False Prophet.
              ----------------------------------------------
              When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

hey jake, i think it is possible. in the bible, the beast has a head wound (death wound) that is healed.

Comment

Originally posted by third hero View Post
                  Does it say somewhere that the anti-christ publicly confesses himself to be God? I know II Thess 2 say he will "show himself to be God". In other words he will act like he is God. Just wondering if there is any where else that says he comes out and publicly says "I am God". I kind of think he might be a little more subtle about it than that.

Comment

Start reading the message in Daniel 11 - beginning with V21. It tells us in great detail the ways of the vile person.
                    as the king of the north
                    ////the former land area of Babylon

Keep in mind that he can't come to power as the ruler of Iraq until the ruler - as a raising taxes guy has come and fallen in V20.
                    The vile person (ac) enters at a time of peace.
                    V30 - shows that "ships of Chittiim" will make him flee for a bit.
                    "shall come against him"
                    "he shall be grieved"

Then in V31 -"arms shall stand on his part"
                    (now enters the ten horn kings as helpers)

If you keep reading all the way to V36 - you find then a detailed account as to he will exalt himself above every god - but yet - he still honours other fake gods too.

Eventually - tidings out of the east and the north trouble him.

So we have - the land of the beast _ Iraq,

with Israel
                    Egypt -as the south
                    Libya
                    Ethiopia

ships of Chittim

Moab
                    Edom
                    Ammon

plus other lands he takes
                    and those that trouble him

and those that help him - the ten horns - left after he plucked up three others
                    A whole lot of territory is going to be at war.
                    http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

I see this as being about the ac too.
                      under the ruler of Lebaon - Tyre
                      (mystery, Babylon)

will be Iraqi Babylon
                      and the ac

Ezekiel 28:1-2 "The word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the LORD GOD; Because thine heart [is] lifted up, and thou hast said, I [am] God, I sit [in] the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou [art] a man..."
                      V3
                      "Behold, thou [art] wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee."

Rev. 17
                      V10
                      "And there are seven kings: five are fallen..."
                      beast was and is not

"even he is the eighth, and is of the seven"
                      http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Originally posted by Master Jake View Post
                        I don't really know much about the Anti-Christ except that he will come and claim to be Jesus and people will believe him. But people have already claimed and people have believed them too. Would it be possible for someone who knows he is the anti-christ to kill him?
                        Master Jake, there is no individual antichrist according to scripture. Here are all the scriptures referencing antichrist.

1 John 2:18
                        [ Warning Against Antichrists ] Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
                        Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
                        but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
                        Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

I believe what you mean is the beast of revelation and/or man of sin, and/or a king from the Book of Daniel etc. Anyone who denies Jesus is antichrist. Scripture does not note antichrist as impersonating Jesus but all who deny Him.

Blessings!

Comment

Believe it or not, Romulus and I are in complete agreement on the "antiChrist" here. Anyone who rejects Lord Jesus is an antichrist, just as scripture says. The one that most people call the AntiChrist is actually named "The Beast", or "The Little Horn" in scripture.

Moreover, no man will be able to kill the Beast. His fate, according to Revelation 19, is to be hurled alive into the Lake of Fire, along with his false prophet. Until then, he will have the power to kill anyone, and I mean ANYONE who stands in his way of conquest. In my opinion, He will begin with the two lampstands, and it will end with the Lord binding him for judgment, which is the Lake of Fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Jake View Post
                            I don't really know much about the Anti-Christ except that he will come and claim to be Jesus and people will believe him.
                            Yet Jesus said there would be many who would do that.

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
                            5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
                            24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

But people have already claimed and people have believed them too. Would it be possible for someone who knows he is the anti-christ to kill him?
                            Does scripture really teach that there will be one future individual antichrist?

1 John 2:18
                            Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

They heard that antichrist shall come. But John tells them that there were already many antichrists, not just one.

He goes on to explain exactly who the antichrist is:

1 John 2
                            22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
                            23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Here, he explains that whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ is antichrist. Not just one person. Whosoever. Everyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ is antichrist. That's why there's many, not just one.

1 John 4
                            3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
                            4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
                            5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
                            6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

If the antichrist was an individual then can you explain to me why his spirit was already in the world around 2,000 years ago? They heard it was coming, yet John is informing them that it was already in the world. Just as they heard antichrist was coming, but he was already in the world, but not just one.

But John isn't speaking here of the spirit of a man. Notice that he contrasts the spirit of truth with the spirit of error. The spirit of antichrist is the same as the spirit of error. It is used in this case to represent a worldview: one of truth that is of God and acknowledges Jesus as the Christ and one of error that is of the world and does not acknowledge Jesus as the Christ. So, all antichrists have the spirit of antichrist because they are of the world and have an erroneous worldview that is antichrist which says that Jesus is not the Christ and did not come in the flesh.

Comment

This Has Been There Right Under Our Noses

Originally posted by cwb View Post
                              Does it say somewhere that the anti-christ publicly confesses himself to be God? I know II Thess 2 say he will "show himself to be God". In other words he will act like he is God. Just wondering if there is any where else that says he comes out and publicly says "I am God". I kind of think he might be a little more subtle about it than that.
                              AN'TI, n. [Gr. See Ante.]

...in place of.
                              Webster's 1828 Dictionary

Antichrist.

In place of Christ...

"[W]e hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty."
                              --POPE LEO XIII

quoting THE GREAT ENCYCLICAL LETTERS OF POPE LEO XIII
                              p. 304, Benziger Brothers (1903)

VIC'AR, n. [L. vicarius, from vicis]
                              ...a substitute in office.
                              Webster's 1828 Dictionary

Vicar of Christ.

A substitute Christ...

"For the Roman pontiff (pope), by reason of his office as VICAR OF CHRIST, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal POWER over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise UNHINDERED."

--CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, 1994, P. 254 #882

"We declare, say, define, and pronounce that it is absolutely NECESSARY FOR the SALVATION of every human creature to be SUBJECT TO THE ROMAN PONTIFF (POPE)."
                              --POPE BONIFACE VIII, BULL UNUN SANCTUM, 1302

Jude

Last edited by David Taylor; Sep 26th 2008, 07:26 PM. Reason: removed the unnecessary shouting
                              A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X