A note about the rapture put in some public schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note about the rapture put in some public schools

On the news today they said an older man was seen going into some public elementary schools and tapped a letter on a wall about the rapture saying all the children under a certain age would disappear at the end of this month or Oct 1. I will give you a link to the letter: http://www.hutchnews.com/images/grap...tureletter.pdf

The police decided to make it public as parents were very worried this was some sort of a threat...though the police don't really view it that way but someone expressing their spiritual views. This happened last Monday (though the first I heard about it was today). They said they will step up police patrols around the schools on those days.

I honestly don't know how a stranger was able to just walk in and even put a note on the school wall with security tighter now then in the past due to school shooting in the country.. I think that is more unnerving then anything else actually! The police are hoping this man calls them to explain the letter more so they know for sure its not any kind of threat. Maybe they don't understand this theory ...or just being on the safe side here...I don't know. Its all very strange though!

God bless
    Last edited by Tanya~; Sep 27th 2008, 03:52 PM. Reason: per author request
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
    I honestly don't know how a stranger was able to just walk in and even put a note on the school wall with security tighter now then in the past due to school shooting in the country.
    Let me tell you about my former high school. No fences whatsoever (wait, there is a fence around the football field). One part of the school is literally a hundred feet from an apartment complex. Every entrance point into the several school buildings is unprotected, all anybody has to do is just walk up to any door and open it and you're in the school. There is only one armed cop. Anybody who wanted to get into the school could do it with no problem and I'm surprised nobody has so far. I was more scared of bomb threats since we had one every single year.
    sigpic

Comment

It's very easy to do this at night. During the day it should not be easy.

I can only imagine how some in that community will now react to Christians.
      Last edited by Tanya~; Sep 27th 2008, 04:01 PM. Reason: to change "your community" to "that community"
      My body is a temple and my tattoos are the stained glass.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
      ./|___..__|
      |/__/|.|_/
      ...the BIG
      .....|.|_|
      .....|/_/

Comment

Originally posted by BrckBrln View Post
        Let me tell you about my former high school. No fences whatsoever (wait, there is a fence around the football field). One part of the school is literally a hundred feet from an apartment complex. Every entrance point into the several school buildings is unprotected, all anybody has to do is just walk up to any door and open it and you're in the school. There is only one armed cop. Anybody who wanted to get into the school could do it with no problem and I'm surprised nobody has so far. I was more scared of bomb threats since we had one every single year.
        Yea I bet! They have a sign in the front doors of these schools to check in at the office when you come in...like a bomber is going to do that...

Anyway I guess everyone is freaking out over this and they had a big news conference over it and even included the video of that on the news story. This guy went into five elementary schools...

God bless
        Last edited by Tanya~; Sep 27th 2008, 04:03 PM. Reason: remove personally identifiable information
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

What upsets me even more than the security breach in the school is the way this nut job is going to make the rest of us look. (Since I am most certainly not a nut job! [Now you quit looking at me like that! ] )
          ----------------------------------------------
          When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

I am moving this to ETC. Part of ETC is relevant news of the time or signs. I feel that this thread would be better suited there.
            I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
            Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

Originally posted by TrustingFollower View Post
              I feel that this thread would be better suited there.
              You "feel" it? Is it soft and furry, or hard and smooth?
              ----------------------------------------------
              When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

oct 1st eh. that's amazingly random. also, that note's handwriting is grade 10 at best. i laughed. like this----->

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemetal View Post
                  oct 1st eh. that's amazingly random. also, that note's handwriting is grade 10 at best. i laughed. like this----->
                  The date isn't random, it's the feast of trumpets, Yom Teruah-- the feast that no one knows the day or hour.

I agree about the handwriting, should have typed it.
                  Mark

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14

(All Scripture quoted is from NKJV unless otherwise noted)

Comment

Oh, what a glorious day that will be!!!Alleluia....I'm ready....Amen
                    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Some nut job who either has no clue that setting dates is always a no no, or he is simply new in Christ and over zealous, talking about things he knows little about, and making us all look like wack jobs.
                      Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

A correction on one thing on this ...apparently the man didn't just go walk into the schools but taped the note on the front doors of each school....

God bless

Comment

I walk in to the middle school in my town all the time and anyone else could do the same. We have no security standing at the door to prevent us. I go in there because that is where the homeschool office is.

Well, if it is October 1st, I'm ready!! Although I bought my husband a birthday gift for nothing then since his birthday isn't until after that....
                          Mommy to Brooke, Braden and Bristol

Comment

Well, with the way the prophetic dominoes are lining up, it could be soon!

I was writing in my blog last night, and I felt like I had to write it that night... I was writing about the economy, and how perhaps God might be leading us into suffering, but if he does, he has a reason for it, and he thinks with long-range purposes, unlike us... we think in the short time span of are lives, or at most, our grandchildren's lives. I felt that if I put it off, I might not be around the next morning to write it.

Of course we're still here, but the day will come when we will write our final message board post, final blog message, witness for the final time. The hour is coming sooner every day!

I'm not date setting, but you never know. Although putting signs up on school doors might just make you look kooky, since we truly do not know the day or the hour, and you shouldn't say things that will make you look foolish when they do not come to pass.

Comment

I truly wish he hadn't date set because when it doesn't happen and it won't...then why should anyone listen to us? They are going to see it as if we can't get this right...maybe we aren't right about this other stuff we talk about... It really can discredit our witness...

History shows us many have set the date of Christ return many times (or the rapture) and neither has happened...you would think people would learn not to do that! Especially when Jesus says Himself, no one knows the day or the hour...

Looking at the example the disciples gave...not one of them set a date...they focused on who Jesus was and what He did for us...the furtherest they went was in talking about the resurrection and that one day He would return but their main focus was on turning away from sin and to God and Christ..its like why can't we just follow their good example?

God bless

Comment

Working...
                              X