Just a hypothetical question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a hypothetical question.

What if the great tribulation began tomorrow (and we are still here). What would your reaction be? Would it fear? Would it be depression? Would it be anger? or would it be this?

Luke 21:28
    And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Originally posted by cwb View Post
    What if the great tribulation began tomorrow (and we are still here). What would your reaction be? Would it fear? Would it be depression? Would it be anger? or would it be this?
    Hypothetically, what would/could happen tomorrow, that would make you/us certain the great tribulation had begun today?

Comment

One thing that I know for sure is that you can not have a "Great Tribulation" without the Beast. No Beast, no Great Tribulation. Economic devastation does not equate to "Great Tribulation".

Why do questions like this pop up whenever a troubling world event happen?

Comment

Originally posted by third hero View Post
        One thing that I know for sure is that you can not have a "Great Tribulation" without the Beast. No Beast, no Great Tribulation. Economic devastation does not equate to "Great Tribulation".

It's a pretty serious world event.

I suspect this is just the beginning of birth pangs, and much worse is yet to come.

Like birth pangs, these events will become more frequent and serious as the return of Christ draws nearer.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
          Hypothetically, what would/could happen tomorrow, that would make you/us certain the great tribulation had begun today?
          Not sure. I kind of think though that when the beast begins his 42 month reign, we as Christians will know. I could be wrong about that though. He might be so subtle that we will not realize till later that he is the one. Some Christians might know before the 42 months begin. Good question though. Any ideas on how we would know?

Comment

Sorry third hero. I didn't know it was such a bad question. Actually, nothing that happened on wall street prompted me to ask the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome1 View Post
              It's a pretty serious world event.

I suspect this is just the beginning of birth pangs, and much worse is yet to come.

Like birth pangs, these events will become more frequent and serious as the return of Christ draws nearer.
              Where in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or Revelation that says that "The US financial troubles is the beginning of sorrows"? Level heads should prevail here. As long as we have the Words of Jesus Christ, we can KNOW what are the signs of the Return, AND the signs of the Great Tribulation. This is just another world event, an event that will be couppled by many others. Sensationalizing this event is what makes people blind, IMHO.

Comment

Seems people have given you trouble . . . not sure why, it was hypothetical. Hypothetical as far as I know is fake . . . seems everyone wants a basis in reality, when hypothetical questions are outside reality.

Anyways, I will answer your question:

If it started tomorrow my initial reaction probably wouldn't be the Luke 21:28

I would probably, the moment I realized it had begun drop to my knees and pray for God to give me direction.

What does He want me to do? Where should I be going? How can I best help?

I am already lifting up my head as I know our redemption is nearing.

I feel it is a 50/50 chance we will be here for the tribulation and I am prepared for it mentally. Materialistically I could probably do better, but I'm not so worried about that aspect right now.

I would basically have a smile on face and simply be asking God what I should do, and doing it!
                Laughing at the world
                Watching it bend
                Enjoying the show
                Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
                as I walk through the mist
                By God I will sit
                And watch the world twist

In Him I will trust
                And only Him I will fear
                When the world turns to dust
                I know He'll be near

Comment

Where in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or Revelation that says that "The US financial troubles is the beginning of sorrows"? Level heads should prevail here. As long as we have the Words of Jesus Christ, we can KNOW what are the signs of the Return, AND the signs of the Great Tribulation. This is just another world event, an event that will be couppled by many others. Sensationalizing this event is what makes people blind, IMHO.
                  I said nothing about the U.S. financial crisis in my original post so I am not real sure why you are bringing that up in every post you post in this thread.

Comment

I said nothing about the U.S. financial crisis in my original post so I am not real sure why you are bringing that up in every post you post in this thread.
                    Sorry about that. I had seen that this thread started right around the same time as I expected the "The Great Depression is upon us" threads that are popping up here and there.

Comment

Sorry about that. I had seen that this thread started right around the same time as I expected the "The Great Depression is upon us" threads that are popping up here and there.
                      No problem. The thing is (unless God gave someone revelation about it) we do not even know yet how big a crisis this will actually be. The Dow went down 6% today. In 1987, it went down 20% and then rebounded. I kind of see the whole thing as our politicians over reacting and using this as a way for the government to gain more power and control over the people. I am no economic expert though so we will have to wait and see how this whole thing turns out. What I find much more troubling for America than the economic crisis is the nonsense Obama is trying to pull in Missouri and using law enforcement to get rid of free speech. One thing I believe the devil has to do before the beast is revealed is get rid of the United States (or at least make it no longer a free nation).

Comment

Hmm... "It's about time! Only 7 more years! Woo Hoo!"... is that bad?

Comment

What if the great tribulation began tomorrow (and we are still here). What would your reaction be? Would it fear?
                          My reaction would be fear. Just being honest.

Comment

What if the great tribulation began tomorrow (and we are still here). What would your reaction be?
                            It would tell me that we Post-Tribbers were right.
                            Would it fear?
                            Of course, but also excitement over knowing the timetable.
                            Would it be depression?
                            Nope. Depression is caused by a lack of hope. Knowing that the 2nd Coming is for sure seven years away hardly sounds like a lack of hope to me.
                            Would it be anger?
                            Only at those responsible for instigating the horrors of the Tribulation.
                            or would it be this?
                            Luke 21:28
                            And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
                            That is for the end of the Tribulation, not the beginning.
                            ----------------------------------------------
                            When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome1 View Post
                              People have been saying that since the beginning of World War I.
                              ----------------------------------------------
                              When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X