The fingerprint of God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fingerprint of God?

Regarding yesterday's tumble in the stockmarket, I just found it kinda interesting that it fell 777 points. Why not 776, or 778? Probably doesn't mean a thing, but on the other hand, it could be God's way of showing His hand in the whole thing.........................????????

hmmm, interesting theory, however i do think its just a number it could have fallen to anything but... God is in control of everything anyway!
    www.thelunchtimesermon.blogspot.com

Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
      Regarding yesterday's tumble in the stockmarket, I just found it kinda interesting that it fell 777 points. Why not 776, or 778? Probably doesn't mean a thing, but on the other hand, it could be God's way of showing His hand in the whole thing.........................????????
      The stock market wasn't 777, it was 777.xx that could be rounded up to 778.

If it were a touch from God, I would think it would have been exactly 777. Just my opinion.

Comment

God is in controll of everything, he doesn't need to demonstrate that he is by choosing a number, we just know it as a fact, just because it was 778, does it mean that God's hand wasn't there?
        www.thelunchtimesermon.blogspot.com

Check it out!

Comment

You know Kahtar I thought the same thing too...777 perfection...the number of God...the three seven's..the trinity. It was very noticeable anyway!

Now image if it had been 666.... You bet everyone would jump on that and be right there agreeing with you (if the post had been that regarding the beast and the number)...but when it comes to God's number it gets shrugged off somewhat?

I think that goes to show the mind frame we tend to be in...not putting down anyone at all here..its just human nature to look for the negative rather then the positive...and dwell on that instead of the good. People have always been that way.... I fight with myself on this issue too. To make myself LOOK for the good in this world...among people, among the earth God created...where ever I can find it because I tend to so easily see the bad first...

God bless
          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I don't think anything of it. It didn't fall perfectly 777 points--it fell 777.68 points. If it fell exactly 777.000 or 777.777 points, I might take a second look.

Comment

Originally posted by mfowler12 View Post
              The stock market wasn't 777, it was 777.xx that could be rounded up to 778.

If it were a touch from God, I would think it would have been exactly 777. Just my opinion.
              If it were a touch from God, it would have been 7,777 or some other number that would REALLY get out attention.
              ----------------------------------------------
              When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

777.6 points. It only LOOKS like its close enough to be equal to 777. At the end of the day its just an aggregation and that 0.6 is a shocking amount of money / market value.

I see no more or less of God's control than when the market goes up 23 points.

Comment

Hello, Kahtar. The same thing was brought up in the following thread. I think you'll find it interesting:

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=141256
                  "But you must not be called Rabbi, for One is your teacher, Christ, and you are all brothers.

And call no one your father on the earth, for One is your Father in Heaven.

Nor be called teachers, for One is your Teacher, even Christ."
                  (Mat.23: 8-10)

AND

"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another.

By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another."
                  (Joh.13: 34-35)

Comment

You're right Ananias. Interesting thread. Didn't see that one.
                    Literalist Luke - the fact that it was 777 points DID get the attention of alot of people. Nevertheless, I just found it rather interesting.

Comment

Regarding yesterday's tumble in the stockmarket, I just found it kinda interesting that it fell 777 points.
                      777 is associated with Divine Judgment;

so is Hebrew 5777 = 2016 AD

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post

so is Hebrew 5777 = 2016 AD
                        Why do you blatantly ignore the 5?

If triple 777 was the ultimate number then wouldn't this have happened 5000 years ago?

How about 7 x 7??? Hebrew 7,777,777 We are too far away from the endtimes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
                          Is it?

The only place I can find any info on "777" at all is in really hard core Kabbala and Gematria sites.

Comment

Apocalyptic Use of Seven.

In the one apocalyptic writing in the New Testament, 7 is employed with amazing frequency. We read of 7 churches (Revelation 1:4, etc.); 7 golden candlesticks (Revelation 1:12, etc.); 7 stars (Revelation 1:16); 7 angels of the churches (Revelation 1:20); 7 lamps of fire (Revelation 4:5); 7 spirits of God (Revelation 1:4; 3:1; 4:5); a book with 7 seals (Revelation 5:1); a lamb with 7 horns and 7 eyes (Revelation 5:6); 7 angels with 7 trumpets (Revelation 8:2); 7 thunders (Revelation 10:3); a dragon with 7 heads and 7 diadems (Revelation 13:3); a beast with 7 heads (Revelation 18:1); 7 angels having the 7 last plagues (Revelation 15:1); and 7 golden bowls of the wrath of God (Revelation 15:7) and a scarlet-colored beast with 7 heads (Revelation 17:3) which are 7 mountains (Revelation 17:9) and 7 kings (Revelation 17:10). The writer, whoever he was, must have had his imagination saturated with the numerical symbolism which had been cultivated in Western Asia for millenniums.

There cannot be a shadow of doubt that 7 for him expressed fullness, completeness. As this inquiry will have shown, the significance of the number is practically the same throughout the Bible. Although a little of it may have been rubbed off in the course of ages, the main idea suggested by 7 was never quite lost sight of in Biblical times, and the number is still used in the life and song of the Holy Land and Arabia with at least an echo of its ancient meaning.

That link includes the 1. Seven and Its Multiples

(1) Ritual Use of Seven

(2) Historical Use of Seven

(3) Didactic or Literary Use of Seven also..

Another link:
                            http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/SBS777/prophecy/no777.html

To us in Stewarton Bible School the triple sevens (777) numerically symbolise Yahweh, the Father of Yeshua the Messiah. He is the pinnacle of perfection, power and purity.

Just some interesting stuff here....

God bless
                            "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

The only place I can find any info on "777" at all is in really hard core Kabbala and Gematria sites.
                              You've got a point there....

Comment

Working...
                              X