Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the rapture be the length of the Trib?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the rapture be the length of the Trib?

The are many good scriptural arguments for 'pre', 'mid', 'post' tribulation rapture, but could it be possible that the 'one' rapture could begin around pre, and end at post (each in their own time)

1Co 15:51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,
    1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1Th 4:15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
    1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
    1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
    1Th 4:18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

I know it says that we will be caught up together with them (the dead in Christ), but does that mean we (who are alive and remain) will be caught up 'at the same time'?

I think God is big enough to have that answer.
    Joh 8:36 "Eers as die Seun julle vry maak, sal julle werklik vry wees."
    John 8:36 "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed"

Comment

It makes sense to me. The dead (saved) will be resurrected and then the live (saved) will rise up to meet him. The unsaved have already been taken at this point. That's why it says "alive AND REMAIN".

Just in case you're one of those who have bought into the idea that the saved will be taken out of the world before the unsaved. Read about it in the book of Matthew. The wicked will be gathered out of the righteous.
      "Come, let us reason together."

Comment

"In the twinkling of an eye"

"In an instant, we will ALL be changed."

Sounds like one instantaneous occurrence to me.
        ----------------------------------------------
        When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jehu10842 View Post
          It makes sense to me. The dead (saved) will be resurrected and then the live (saved) will rise up to meet him. The unsaved have already been taken at this point. That's why it says "alive AND REMAIN".

Just in case you're one of those who have bought into the idea that the saved will be taken out of the world before the unsaved. Read about it in the book of Matthew. The wicked will be gathered out of the righteous.

Hi Jehu,

I think you will find that happens at the end of the tribulation period. The church will be raptured before the hour of tribulation comes on the earth.
          The tribulation is God's and Satan's wrath on mankind.
          John 8:31-32

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by DIZZY View Post

May I ask where in Scriptures you base this on, when Revelation 11:18 pretty much contradicts your claim that God's wrath is poured out in the trib?

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

You're going to have to show with Scriptures how both your claim, and the fact that this verse is speaking after the trib, can be true at the same time.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
            30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
            31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Here it is clearly seen as to what transpires after the trib.

If you'll look back in Revelation 11:15 you'll notice that the 7th angel has just sounded.

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DIZZY View Post
              Hi Jehu,

I think you will find that happens at the end of the tribulation period. The church will be raptured before the hour of tribulation comes on the earth.
              So, you've bought into the futurist interpretation of the Apocalypse. Have you ever studied the historical interpretation? I'm thinking not. I hope you do. It's one of the most faith building things I've ever done. You get a chance to see how history has been unfolding according to God's word for the last 2,000 years.

You probably believe the futurist interpretation because that's what you were first taught. We have that in common. The opening verses in the Book of Revealation says that these things must SHORTLY begin to come to pass. Everyone I know that has studied both will say that the historical interpretation makes more sense.
              "Come, let us reason together."

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post

Sounds like one instantaneous occurrence to me.
                Hi LL!

Yes, but is that 'ALL' and 'instantaneous' = at the same time?

It says the dead first, then we who are alive. That is not at the same time.

Also it says we will all be 'changed', In the twinkling of an eye, it does not say 'caught up' In the twinkling of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Partaker of Christ View Post
                  Hi LL!

Also it says we will all be 'changed', In the twinkling of an eye, it does not say 'caught up' In the twinkling of an eye.
                  I've shown Scriptures that support a one-time instant Rapture. What Scriptures do you have that support a gradual phased Rapture? It's an interesting theory, but without Scriptural support, that's all it is, a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                    I've shown Scriptures that support a one-time instant Rapture. What Scriptures do you have that support a gradual phased Rapture? It's an interesting theory, but without Scriptural support, that's all it is, a theory.
                    With respect LL, and I do enjoy your end time posts, but my theory comes from the same scripture that you gave.

It does say:

That does not have to mean (a) raptured, and/or (b) 'all' at the same time.

Comment

With respect LL, and I do enjoy your end time posts, but my theory comes from the same scripture that you gave.

It does say:

That does not have to mean (a) raptured, and/or (b) 'all' at the same time.
                      But it doesn't support a gradual Rapture either. Where in the Bible do you get the idea that the Rapture is going to be an ongoing process?

Comment

I would have to agree that “in a moment and in a twinkle of an eye” is to say that it comes quickly – all at once.

Mt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

A flash of lightning is seen before thunder is even heard. Which shows us that it will be in a instant/moment as lightning is quick.

Also, Rev 20:4-5, we are told that this is the 1st resurrection and places this 1st resurrection after the mark of the beast. So I can not see how there could be a 1st resurrection anytime prior to after the mark of the beast, because we are shown here that the 1st resurrection (rapture) happens after the mark of the beast.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

I see nothing in scripture that shows or even implies that the rapture happens throughout the whole tribulation.
                        Wise men
                        still seek Him
                        ---------------------------
                        * 1 cross
                        + 3 nails
                        = 4 given
                        ------------------

It is best to;
                        Build your belief around the bible
                        Do Not build the bible around your belief !!!!
                        You will then find yourself on solid ground.[/color]

Comment

I think that is very plausible. It goes back to a definition of terms, though. The question is, is the part where we are changed in the twinkling of an eye...is that the entire rapture?

I was actually paying serious thought to this before you brought it up. Maybe the rapture occurs over some prolonged period of time, but the changing of our bodies itself occurs in a twinkling of an eye? That part of it I'm sure is instantaneous.

Comment

Originally posted by Jehu10842 View Post

The dead in Christ resurrected are those which are alive and remain.....

Comment

Hi LL!

The dead in Christ resurrected are those which are alive and remain..... The are one in the same.....

1co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
                              1co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Comment

Working...
                              X