Time Is Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Is Short

to some, the title of this thread may sound absolutely preposterous. for others, it is a reality.

it's obvious god is currently opening many christians' eyes concerning the coming times.

i have become convinced that very soon, most likely in the next weeks, we will begin to see the beginning stages of the end of the age.

the next terrorist attack in america looks to be this catalyst. the implementation of martial law would consequently be implemented. most likely, this will lead to the next world war (gog-magog).

here is a video which seems to suggest the american government is preparing for the coming events: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvVAKx8E_r4

sometimes i want to just go up to people and shake them, in hopes of awakening them from their spiritual slumber.

this world is about to take quite a turn - much sooner than any of us could imagine.

if the holy spirit hasn't opened your eyes to this reality, and is not currently "leading you into all truth, and showing you things to come", then perhaps you need to submit yourself in humility and reverence before the king of this universe during this period of what could be compared to as the calm before the storm.

time is truly short.

So... how short is "truly short"? Because... there's over a dozen NT verses that claimed the people living in the first century would "shortly" see the end-times roll around.

If 2000 years is "short", then try not to be surprised if I would then say "truly short" is 1000 years.
    To This Day

Comment

2Pe 3:2-4
      (2) That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Savior:
      (3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
      (4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Comment

Originally posted by immortality View Post
        sometimes i want to just go up to people and shake them, in hopes of awakening them from their spiritual slumber.
        Well, if we ever cross paths, save your shaking. Last person who tried to "shake me" and "wake me up" about the end times has "special revelation" that Russia and the US were going to have a nuclear conflict. It was the 1980's, and if you didn't believe Russia was the beast, and communism the mark then you were a filthy heretic.

Quick question: does being unsure about the end times mean one is in a spiritual slumber? Fantastic... I'll stop my charitable efforts, and righteous living so I can dedicate every waking moment to jamming current events into the text of revelation.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
          Well, if we ever cross paths, save your shaking. Last person who tried to "shake me" and "wake me up" about the end times has "special revelation" that Russia and the US were going to have a nuclear conflict. It was the 1980's, and if you didn't believe Russia was the beast, and communism the mark then you were a filthy heretic.

Quick question: does being unsure about the end times mean one is in a spiritual slumber? Fantastic... I'll stop my charitable efforts, and righteous living so I can dedicate every waking moment to jamming current events into the text of revelation.
          Nice new avatar, HisLeast.
          Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
          Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
            Nice new avatar, HisLeast.
            Suits my mood nicely I think.

Comment

to some, the title of this thread may sound absolutely preposterous. for others, it is a reality.

it's obvious god is currently opening many christians' eyes concerning the coming times.

i have become convinced that very soon, most likely in the next weeks, we will begin to see the beginning stages of the end of the age.

the next terrorist attack in america looks to be this catalyst. the implementation of martial law would consequently be implemented. most likely, this will lead to the next world war (gog-magog).

here is a video which seems to suggest the american government is preparing for the coming events: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvVAKx8E_r4

this world is about to take quite a turn - much sooner than any of us could imagine.

if the holy spirit hasn't opened your eyes to this reality, and is not currently "leading you into all truth, and showing you things to come", then perhaps you need to submit yourself in humility and reverence before the king of this universe during this period of what could be compared to as the calm before the storm.

time is truly short.
              I agree with you Immortality...

I too,believe we are weeks,or months away from beginning of his return(2nd)...

You won't have to shake me and wake me up buddy,cause I will be right there next to ya....

I won't make predictions cause that makes threads disappear and I won't set timelines cause it does the same as I know....But what I will say,is I believe we are VERY close....

I won't make AC threads cause I "might" have a pretty good idea who that is already...(but I will keep my eyes open)and that isn't well talked about around here apparently...but that's ok

You have the National ID cards coming out in 09'(in May)You have the mandatory TV cable provider thingy going on as well for 09(feb)and then you have the inaugeration of Obama(when he wins) in early 09' as well....

I truly believe that 08' might be the last of "normal"daily lives we are all accustomed too...

But that doesn't mean we are not in for some major changes as well during this year with the economy and so on...There could always be war or terrorism...or even martial law

immortality,Not sure what God has in place for us or what we are supposed to do.....but there is a reason we feel the way we do!

and it's not because we are nuts or crazy either....

I'm just a huge Redskins fan that looks forward to September every year for my Redskins to play football....I don't dwell in End times prophesy,but something told me to register here...as you will all know I am a NEW member!Been here what...a month maybe?

I'm just hoping my Redskins can squeeze in a superbowl real quick before it all goes down.lol

Been watching football all my life and played all my life.....Watched every superbowl since I was 5 years old as I was a Redskins fan as well then....

I'm 35 now and we are on SB 43 this next one!

I don't think we have a bunch more SB's, as many probably assume we do...

So I'm taking a special interest in watching this season like a hawk,cause I know in my heart time is running out....(I used to coach football as well by the way)

Sorry for getting off topic here...Thought I would give you all, a piece of who I really am and what I love...

God bless....

Comment

Suits my mood nicely I think.
                You must be feeling sarcastic then?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
                  You must be feeling sarcastic then?
                  No.
                  (15 characters)

Comment

No.
                    (15 characters)
                    I just asked because of your previous post, meant no harm.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
                      I just asked because of your previous post, meant no harm.
                      I think he feels like exploding over some of these posts on the board lately...kind of how I am feeling too!

God bless
                      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                        So... how short is "truly short"? Because... there's over a dozen NT verses that claimed the people living in the first century would "shortly" see the end-times roll around.

If 2000 years is "short", then try not to be surprised if I would then say "truly short" is 1000 years.
                        You are just too quick!
                        Robin

Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
                        And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
                        Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
                        Those who compromise with Christ’s enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Sorry, I was just strolling on through and the title of the thread is one of many that often catch my attention. And I've had a splitting headache for the last couple of days, so I kept it short and to the point.
                          To This Day

Comment

it's obvious god is currently opening many christians' eyes concerning the coming times. i have become convinced that very soon, most likely in the next weeks, we will begin to see the beginning stages of the end of the age. this world is about to take quite a turn - much sooner than any of us could imagine. time is truly short.
                            Hi, Immortality! I have to say that I have been increasingly getting this same feeling. Day by day by day brings a new sense of urgency to all the things God is laying on my heart to accomplish for Him, as well as an indescribable joy as I wait for our Lord, an intensified desire to spend time in prayer, and a greater courage and calm as I witness for Him. I believe His return is just a hair's breadth away, and I expect world events to rush forward in preparation for that day. I'll be watching and studying the signs with you as the days go by, God willing!

Comment

Hi, HisLeast! No need to stop giving and living righteously for God in order to study prophecy--Christians can be multitaskers! Those of us who have a passion for studying prophecy would likely be very quick to point out that it doesn't take away from our other aspects of Christian service or devotion to God. In fact, it enhances it in a very special way, giving us a sense of urgency to serve Him in our giving and our witnessing and our praying and our living a godly life.

Comment

Working...
                              X