Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those believing the Tribuation is coming soon..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those believing the Tribuation is coming soon..

Ok here lately I have notice more and more people posting about government conspiracies, concentration camps, evil meanings behind certain symbolism and on and on and on...and people going on about what horrible things the beast may do to us (which I don't see how that is helpful to anyone actually!) and this real pushing of fear on the board over everything from who is running for president to UFO being demons, to the economy, food shortages, and well gosh about anything and everything! Its getting pretty depressing coming on here for sure because every form seems to have these very scary doom and gloom posts on them by someone anymore.

My first statement on this...when I read the bible I read HOPE! These posts reflect no hope at all which I find very sad indeed. Even the verses on death in the bible give us hope...but not on here! Alot of the things I see posted aren't based on one scripture but someone's idea of what they think will happen. There is nothing solid about this stuff other then someone made a website about it. I do hope people realize not everything they read is true! Just because its in print doesn't make it true. Whether its on the net or in a book because people have the right to express whatever they want..doesn't mean its true. I see alot of half truths on the links to alot of these sites actually and I truly wish people would just stick to reading their bibles rather then this junk...

Now I got that out of the way...here are mu questions...

If you truly believe these horrible things are predicted in the bible to happen and you believe the bible is true and God's Word then why are you worrying about this stuff happening and spending hours reading up on it and making yourself more scared and posting on here and going on and on and on about it? If these things are to happen..then they will. Right? The bible says nothing about trying to protest the government to stop these things or to try to stop any of it. If you hold this view that the tribulation is coming...then I truly don't understand all the talk..all the worry about it. All the fear!! The bible says God does NOT give us the spirit of fear and I see it very strongly on the board...this is not from God! He gives us hope and encouragement and most of all love! I never see the disciples sitting around once talking about what horrible things might happen to them and coming up with so many strange ideas...they were far too busy being about the work of God and telling people about Jesus! The only time they were afraid was when Jesus was arrested...

And yes they were arrested and whipped and beaten and killed. But did they sit around talking and worrying about it? Even Jesus told them what would happen to them and they still did their jobs...they didn't dwell on it...no time to dwell on these things. I think if we spent half as much time actually doing His Work, we wouldn't have time to read these scary sites and dwell on it either.

If the government is up to something evil..then let God deal with it. Why spend hours and hours trying to figure out what they are up too or what some picture on our money means..in the long run will knowing this change anything? Not if its suppose to happen it won't! If there are concentration camps to haul Christians in...so be it...if that is part of the prophecies there isn't a thing we can do about it. If a chip is the mark of the beast..are we suppose to stop it?

Why would you want to stop anything anyway if it means the return of Christ?!

So that is my question. Why dwell on these things...why spend hours trying to figure out what horrible thing might happen to you? Does the bible tell us to do this?

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

I think you have answered your own question. I don't think you see as much worry or fear as you seem to think. I think a lot of what you see is information. I am not scared or worried about what is to come, because I know everything is God's will and regaurdless of what we do, His will will be done. I hear people pray that God change what is happening, or God please make this right, but the fact remains, these things must come to pass before Christs return. Things will get bad, Christians will be persecuted and life as we know it will change for the worse.

Personally, I feel comfort in the fact that things are getting worse and people are starting to notice and react to it. Not because I would like for things to be doom and gloom, but because I know I am one more day closer to seeing the ace of my creator.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by cavscout View Post
      I think you have answered your own question. I don't think you see as much worry or fear as you seem to think. I think a lot of what you see is information. I am not scared or worried about what is to come, because I know everything is God's will and regaurdless of what we do, His will will be done. I hear people pray that God change what is happening, or God please make this right, but the fact remains, these things must come to pass before Christs return. Things will get bad, Christians will be persecuted and life as we know it will change for the worse.

Personally, I feel comfort in the fact that things are getting worse and people are starting to notice and react to it. Not because I would like for things to be doom and gloom, but because I know I am one more day closer to seeing the ace of my creator.

Just my thoughts.

No I see people not going out and witnessing about Jesus and trying to give them the good news because they are overly focused on the bad. Sorry but as they think they are...not compared to the past...not by a long shot.

During Paul's time in the bible the ruler of Rome 'married' a slave boy after having him castrated. I know of no national ruler in current times in any country that has done such a thing. This same ruler also had his own mother killed and kicked his pregnant wife to death (before marrying the slave boy). Christian were fed to the lions, wrapped in tar and lit on fire...put in hollow logs and cut in half and this was just in the first century!

Read up on the Dark Ages, and the black plague that killed millions throughout the world...read up on world war two...every nation in the world was involved in that war...millions died in it. Things have been much, much worse in the past...but everyone only looks at their own nation, their own present time and thinks its really bad. You can't even get a good comparison in that short span of time to know if its better or worse!

Sorry if sound grumpy..I am just tired of these posts that offer ...well...nothing but doom and gloom and see evil in everything! I just simply do not see the bible telling us to do this...and it really, really bothers me alot.
      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

My first statement on this...when I read the bible I read HOPE!
        When I read the bible, I read hope also but my hope is in the return of Christ - nothing that happens in this world. All through the bible it tell us that there will be bad things happening in this world. II Thess. tells us that the mystery of iniquity was working way back in the first century and will continue to until the man of sin is revealed. Therefore I do not want to hide my head in the sand and say there is nothing evil going on.

Originally posted by moonglow
        So that is my question. Why dwell on these things...why spend hours trying to figure out what horrible thing might happen to you? Does the bible tell us to do this?

2 Timothy 1:7
        For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
        I agree with you. I believe our main focus should be on our lord Jesus Christ and His return. It is God and His son, Jesus Christ who takes our fears away. That's why we need to look to Him no matter what is going on in this world. Good post. It's good to be reminded of where our focus should be. It's also true what you say in that if it really is prophecy, we can't stop it anyway. That is a pretty wise outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post

I am just tired of these posts that offer ...well...nothing but doom and gloom and see evil in everything!

Maybe you should respond to some of those posts with a scripture passage of hope (because you know those posts are not going to go away. I wouldn't count on it anyways).

Comment

Not to contradict what you have said, but I have read up on many of the "hard times" that have happened in the past. You are correct, there have been times that people have had it worse than what we see in the world today. Maybe you should do some reading on some of the things that are going on around the world today.

I could go into all types of things that are just as bad and worse than what the ruler of Rome did and other things that killed more than the black plague, but this is not the place for it. One of the reasons it does not seem that bad now is because we have become desensitized to a lot of what is happening in the world. I agree, our focus should be on Christ and spreading His word, but it should also be on preparing for his return.

Comment

My hope is in Christ, regardless of what happens on this earth.

Comment

moonglow,

your questions are essentially the same as those of my family and friends. "why spend so much time immersed in such doom and gloom?", they ask.

my answer to them is that i have become convinced that god, through his holy spirit, has lead me to research these things - and apparently for good reason.

as a matter of fact, if i wasn't saved, there would be no way i would ever have the courage to expose myself to these unpleasant subjects. this is where the comfort and peace of god comes quite in handy, which "far surpass all understanding".

the reality of the coming times is indeed unnerving. to contemplate such things surely does not promote happy feelings. people would therefore much rather remain in their bubble of ignorance and false sense of security - not just regarding the coming times, but also the fact that they are on the road to hell. unfortunately, this is the case with many professing christians.

the fact of the matter is that god has been fervently attempting to open the eyes of humanity about the events that are soon going to transpire. like noah, there are many christians who are being "warned about things not yet seen". therefore, they have been obediently making sure their spiritual arks are built.

i fear there are currently many professing christians who will be caught completely off-guard by the coming times, or perhaps the opposite is true: they are over-confident about the situation. that is, they falsely believe they already have a substantial spiritual ark built, so that if anything were to happen then surely they would be prepared. unfortunately, all they have is a mere spiritual tugboat, which will ultimately be unable to withstand the coming flood.

this world truly is going to change drastically very, very soon. those who currently are not convinced will have quite a rude awakening.

Comment

moonglow

I take note of what you said.
                  There is a huge diffrence between INFORMING and PREPARING people and SCARING people

My goal with my Last Days Roelof's News Reports thread is to inform people on current world events and to prepare them for the Tribulation, Rapture and Second Coming of Christ.

I will look at the content and focus of my posts as well

Besides the reality of the current world, we must spread the Good News of Jesus as well. We must serve Him and give people hope.

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
                    moonglow

There is a huge diffrence between INFORMING and PREPARING people and SCARING people

My goal with my Last Days Roelof's News Reports thread is to inform people on current world events and to prepare them for the Tribulation, Rapture and Second Coming of Christ.

Besides the reality of the current world, we must spread the Good News of Jesus as well. We must serve Him and give people hope.
                    And I appreciate your posts, Roelof! I know you put a lot of time in researching and studying and so I am thankful and look forward to reading them.

If anything, the realization that the very last days are approaching has given me extra fire to get things done for the Kingdom. So I see it as a healthy fear.

God bless!!

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                      No I see people not going out and witnessing about Jesus and trying to give them the good news because they are overly focused on the bad. Sorry but as they think they are...not compared to the past...not by a long shot.

During Paul's time in the bible the ruler of Rome 'married' a slave boy after having him castrated. I know of no national ruler in current times in any country that has done such a thing. This same ruler also had his own mother killed and kicked his pregnant wife to death (before marrying the slave boy). Christian were fed to the lions, wrapped in tar and lit on fire...put in hollow logs and cut in half and this was just in the first century!

Read up on the Dark Ages, and the black plague that killed millions throughout the world...read up on world war two...every nation in the world was involved in that war...millions died in it. Things have been much, much worse in the past...but everyone only looks at their own nation, their own present time and thinks its really bad. You can't even get a good comparison in that short span of time to know if its better or worse!

Sorry if sound grumpy..I am just tired of these posts that offer ...well...nothing but doom and gloom and see evil in everything! I just simply do not see the bible telling us to do this...and it really, really bothers me alot.
                      Well, if you are grumpy, then so am I, because I agree with every word of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by immortality View Post
                        moonglow,

your questions are essentially the same as those of my family and friends. "why spend so much time immersed in such doom and gloom?", they ask.

my answer to them is that i have become convinced that god, through his holy spirit, has lead me to research these things - and apparently for good reason.

as a matter of fact, if i wasn't saved, there would be no way i would ever have the courage to expose myself to these unpleasant subjects. this is where the comfort and peace of god comes quite in handy, which "far surpass all understanding".

the reality of the coming times is indeed unnerving. to contemplate such things surely does not promote happy feelings. people would therefore much rather remain in their bubble of ignorance and false sense of security - not just regarding the coming times, but also the fact that they are on the road to hell. unfortunately, this is the case with many professing christians.

the fact of the matter is that god has been fervently attempting to open the eyes of humanity about the events that are soon going to transpire. like noah, there are many christians who are being "warned about things not yet seen". therefore, they have been obediently making sure their spiritual arks are built.

i fear there are currently many professing christians who will be caught completely off-guard by the coming times, or perhaps the opposite is true: they are over-confident about the situation. that is, they falsely believe they already have a substantial spiritual ark built, so that if anything were to happen then surely they would be prepared. unfortunately, all they have is a mere spiritual tugboat, which will ultimately be unable to withstand the coming flood.

this world truly is going to change drastically very, very soon. those who currently are not convinced will have quite a rude awakening.
                        Like you, I do watch for the signs of His coming. However, I am not quick to say that some event is actually a sign unless I have concrete evidence that suggests that a sign is upon us. For instance, When the Soviet Union fell, wars increased exponentially. For the USA, we have not had a year without a war since. This suggests to me that there is a clear possibility that the second seal, the removal of peace from the earth, had indeed been broken. The subsequent murder-suicides in places that were known as peaceful bolstered my opinion, as Columbine, Oklahoma, and other school shooting/suicides by children were popping up all over the world at roughly the same time, separated by merely months. This proved to me that the second seal was broken.

I may be wrong, but it took about 2 years of observation concerning the second seal before I was convinced. There are others, and we see it in this forum, where some economic event happens and suddenly, talk of the Great Tribulation sparks up, as though that event had started the greatest period of human suffering ever. Really, there is only one sign that we can stand on as the definitive sign of the start of the Great Tribulation, and that is the Abomination that causes Desolation. Everything else is unnecessary worrying, something that Lord Jesus told us not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
                          Maybe you should respond to some of those posts with a scripture passage of hope (because you know those posts are not going to go away. I wouldn't count on it anyways).
                          No I am sure they won't ...in fact they are getting worse and I am deeply concerned about it because the focus isn't on Christ..its on the antichrist far too much. The bible tells us not to fear those who can kill us but to fear God instead!

Matthew 10

28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

What I see is a thief working on the board here..a thief that steals our sense of hope in Christ..a thief that steals our peace in Christ...a thief that keeps our focus off of Christ and more on the AC. Nothing wrong with studying the end times of course..its part of the bible...but if a person's sole focus is only the end times and little left for Jesus...something is really wrong there.

John 10:10
                          The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly

Where is our abundant life if all our time is focused on world events and trying to match them up to scripture? Especially since the world events being looked at are all very, very bad things? They keep us in a negative mind frame...expecting the worse...on the edge of our seats waiting for the next horrible thing to happen. I just don't see this is to be our main focus in life at all! I don't see one disciple in the bible living like this! I certainly don't see Jesus living like this! Even when He knew how badly He would suffer and die for us He never sat around talking about how bad it was going to be like we do on here.

Image Him and the disciples by a camp fire in the wilderness and Peter saying something like..."I wonder how deep the whip will cut you? You think bone will be exposed? Wow that is really really going to hurt....how do you think you will cope with it? Shouldn't you be preparing?" And John going..."Yea when they jam that crown of thorns onto your head and mock you...that is going to be so painful! I am sure us talking about all of this in great detail is going to be helpful to you...so lets continue talking about the other horrors that await you...oh like when they hammer the nails in your flesh!"

Yes Jesus prepared. He went off alone and prayed...only asking His disciples to pray also to ready Him for what was ahead. And He prayed hard as you all know. He had to ready Himself for something none of us will ever have to face because of what He did. Why can't we follow His example...sure keep and eye on things...AS we go about our Father's work and pray! Just go off alone and pray!

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by cavscout View Post
                            Not to contradict what you have said, but I have read up on many of the "hard times" that have happened in the past. You are correct, there have been times that people have had it worse than what we see in the world today. Maybe you should do some reading on some of the things that are going on around the world today.

I could go into all types of things that are just as bad and worse than what the ruler of Rome did and other things that killed more than the black plague, but this is not the place for it. One of the reasons it does not seem that bad now is because we have become desensitized to a lot of what is happening in the world. I agree, our focus should be on Christ and spreading His word, but it should also be on preparing for his return.
                            I am aware of what goes on in many countries around the world and how horrible things are there. I truly do not see them being worse then what has happened in the past though. I am not desensitized to it at all. When I read what is happening in Africa for instance with that rebel force that claims to be God's army that goes in villages and steals the children, forcing them to kill their own parents or other siblings...how they are raped, forced to fight, having to help behead people and the trauma that goes on, I weep for them. I saw a documentary on the public station a month or so ago of the recovery process these children have to go through once they escape and how many are rejected by their own villages because of what they were forced to do. Its a horrible, heartbreaking awful thing!

And I have read how children and women...millions of them are forced into sex slavery and other types of slavery around the world...how their own parents sell them to these people...are tricked into it in many cases...how awful their lives are and I weep for them too!

But if we go back to the OT...the pagan nations did many of these same things...and even worse. They threw their living babies and children into fire as a sacrifice to Baal and other gods. We could go through and compare the past to now and what it comes down too is a draw...the big difference is now their is hope in this world and that is Jesus Christ who crushed the head of satan.

In Paul's day he couldn't walk by a pagan temple and not see sexual immortal going on...temple prostitutes...including young boys. Out in the open! We don't have to deal with that...now its considered a bad thing and hidden...there are actually laws against such things now whereas in his day it was considered socially acceptable for those pagan towns and no one thought a thing about it.
                            cavscout My hope is in Christ, regardless of what happens on this earth.
                            Good!

But that is what I commonly hear from those that spend all their time looking for the antichrist...

I realize that comment was probably very offensive to you ..I am not trying to be offensive, but I am trying to wake some people up a little on here! Think about it...I mean really think about it. How much time are you and other devoting to looking for the AC or the start of the tribulation compared to your time in prayer and study on the bible? And how much time are you devoting too witnessing to unbelievers? Helping a new Christian that is struggling? (these are for you to ask yourself not to answer to me). Think hard on these things because one day you will be standing before God to give an accounting on how you spend your time here on earth.

Matthew 12:35-37

35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Because of this passage what I say on here I don't say lightly by any means.
                            I have no idea who on here may be spending way too much time looking for the AC instead of seeking the kingdom of God...that is between you and God of course...its just something I want people to examine in yourselves. There are new believers giving up on the faith right and left because there are no mature Christian there to guide them and answer their questions! They all busy doing other things...(like spending hours day after day on sites doing the doom and gloom thing).

immortality moonglow,

I guess then I will be in for a rude awakening! And you know what..that is fine with me! The bible only tells us to lean on Christ. There isn't a thing in there about dwelling on the horrors that might come! I mean really..what is the point of that? Depending on your end time view point...in this case my thread is directed towards those expecting the great tribulation to come (not everyone shares that view point though)...I do not see scriptures telling us to spend great amounts of time dwelling on it. The bible tells us exactly what to look for..it doesn't say study every little thing that happens in the worlds news.

Ok look...I have spend most of my life doing exactly what you all are doing. Watching the news...trying to match it to scriptures..thinking this person or that person is the AC and meanwhile time passed and that person wasn't the AC and that wasn't the mark and that wasn't the start of the tribulation. Over and over and over again. All it did was cause alot of anxiety and keep my focus OFF of Christ!!! How is that a good thing?

I no longer do this. Not to say I am not aware of the world news...I watch the world news every night...but I no longer try to match it up with scripture. If one day I am sitting here (hopefully doing my work in God) and some army truck from some nation...ours or another pulls up in front of my house and they raid my home...finds bibles and arrest me and my son, will I be surprised? Shoot no. Why would I be? I don't have to know every little thing that is happening in the world to be ready for that. And personally I don't believe its going to happen in my life time anyway. I have here people like you ever six months since I have been a member on here (since '02) saying its any second now...any time now...and here is '08 now and it still hasn't happen. If we are taken out and shot am I going to be surprised? No. Why would I be? Will I need to know what is happening in say China, in order to understand why they are shooting me? no. Or anywhere else actually...

Roelof moonglow

My goal with my Last Days – Roelof's News Reports thread is to inform people on current world events and to prepare them for the Tribulation, Rapture and Second Coming of Christ.

Yes there is a difference..I agree. This oh demons are coming in UFO and going to do terrible things to us is just off the wall stuff (sorry to offend again, but that is how I feel) Some of this stuff lately is just flaky and has no bibical backing to it at all.

Roelof, I respect you as a brother in Christ and I hope you know that. I understand your passion and your reason for doing what you do...but as I just said, I spend many years doing what you are doing and I truly feel like I wasted my time studying these things instead of simply seeking the kingdom of God as Christ tells us to do.

Matthew 6: 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

I can only speak for myself here and hope others don't make the same mistake but honestly I knew very little about the bible other then the end times! I did not have a good or close relationship with Christ because I spend all my time seeking the antichrist...

How horrible is that? Of course I didn't see it that way at the time. I was zeroed in on the horrors to come instead! It seems to be human nature to stay more focused on bad things then good things.

I have let that go now and focus on Christ. Once in a great while I read one of your post on your thread just to see if there is anything going on that hasn't happened like it in the past. What I see in history is the same things happening over and over again..just the names and places and types of weapons used have changed. Does it matter if people are killed with spears or a gun or germ warfare? Not really as they are still dead. Have their never been ruthless rulers in the past? Sure there have. Are wars, famine and plagues a new thing...no they aren't.

I honestly do not see how anyone can physically, mentally or emotionally prepare for the tribulation. Spiritually in prayer..having a truly close relationship with Christ is about the only way anyone can prepare....but otherwise, I don't see how knowing all this information helps. Sorry. I am mean no disrespect.

God bless

Comment

Well, I suppose that we'll have to respectfully disagree. Seeing the signs of Jesus' return makes me want to focus more on God, not less. It gives me hope, not fear. It makes me want to tell people about Jesus more, not less.

My life has been fairly difficult this last year and a half. Job losses, a house fire, high fevers, lawsuits, losing my house, car's engine and transmission going out... not good. Watching for the signs of his return gives me hope that I won't have to deal with this for much longer.

If I think that Jesus is going to be here soon, I want to tell as many people about God as possible. If I knew that I had 24 hours before Jesus returned, that's all I would do... spend my last 24 hours telling people about Jesus, passing out tracts, etc.

On the other hand, if I thought that I had the rest of my natural life left, and I'd be around for another 50 or 60 years and Jesus wasn't coming back in my lifetime, there would be no urgency. No extra push or incentive to go tell others about Jesus. I'd do things for God, of course, but if I think that he's coming back very soon, it will cause me to double my efforts.

It's like running a marathon or a sprint. Marathon runners have a long way to go, so they will run at a slower pace. Sprinters know that the time is short, so they don't pace themselves, they give all that they can because they only have a small amount of time to give their all.

Comment

Working...
                              X